Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Why is the Platoon War Mode so unpopular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
I think only because they haven't promoted it in a while. I'd love to play some 50 v 50 or similar variant with forts or objectives in this game, but ???

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The only times I've seen it, it's not easy enough to tell the difference between a teammate and an enemy. Just a blue dot, which is like your normal teammate marker which is already confusing at times.

Also, communication is impossible.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

What the ever loving gently caress. God drat it Bluehole. Thanks for the write up though. It's something to look into.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
New page new link https://discord.gg/JtTbBJ3

Also did you know you can skeet shoot molotovs in the air? Fun way to practice tracking in training mode.

Tab8715 posted:

Why is the Platoon War Mode so unpopular?

The only time I tried it, it kinda sucked.

They did have a platoon tournament (non-war mode) recently that was paired up with the GLL grand slam, only watched a little but it seemed like madness:
https://liquipedia.net/pubg/Global_Loot_League/Grand_Slam/Showdown
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/454491507
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/454891067

Blowdryer fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 6, 2019

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I noticed some pretty prominent ghosting the other night when ADS'ing out a vehicle as a passenger on my Alienware AW3418DW. I have the monitor overclocked to 120hz and my fps capped there, with gsync on. Is there a setting in PUBG that could be causing this?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

e:n/m

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 9, 2019

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
I know no one plays this game any more, but I actually enjoy watching competitive PUBG. The Nations Cup tournament has been fun as hell to watch, and the casting and camera work has come light years from when they first started esporting.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chair In A Basket posted:

I know no one plays this game any more, but I actually enjoy watching competitive PUBG. The Nations Cup tournament has been fun as hell to watch, and the casting and camera work has come light years from when they first started esporting.

I can't believe Brasil blew a 3 man advantage in the final game 5 wtf was that guy thinking?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Jiro posted:

I can't believe Brasil blew a 3 man advantage in the final game 5 wtf was that guy thinking?

The temptation of driving the car is one not easily resisted, especially final circle cars

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
If it had worked that would have been a highlight, but yeah no.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Wanted to see if PUBG had gotten better in the last six months, but my first game had both a crash to desktop and a chinese hacker running hog wild on european servers while streaming on douyu, so i'm gonna go out on a limb and say no

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I play legit like every day and never understand the complaints other people have when they come into the thread like this.

Games still very good and fun if you have people to play with that you enjoy playing video games with. :shrug:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Bohemian Nights posted:

Wanted to see if PUBG had gotten better in the last six months, but my first game had both a crash to desktop and a chinese hacker running hog wild on european servers while streaming on douyu, so i'm gonna go out on a limb and say no

If we're just doing anecdotes I've played loads in the last six months with maybe two obvious hackers in hundreds of games and not one crash

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I play legit like every day and never understand the complaints other people have when they come into the thread like this.

Games still very good and fun if you have people to play with that you enjoy playing video games with. :shrug:

Everybody's experience is different. My game rarely crashes, and my last doubtless hacker was the flying no-clip car variety that was banned shortly after I reported, that is months ago.

I will admit I have had some very fishy stuff on occasion, I solo squad and several times while camping a bathroom (like the cancer I am) i have had people shoot at the exterior of the room right at me even though there is no outward indication I was there

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I also enjoy playing this game but stating it’s fun with friends is a pretty low bar, they can make the shittiest activity enjoyable.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I can forgive the hacking, because that's just a reality in literally every popular FPS, but I feel like "Game still doesn't have functional region locking" and "Game still has serious stability issues" should be pretty easily understandable complaints

The Mash posted:

If we're just doing anecdotes I've played loads in the last six months with maybe two obvious hackers in hundreds of games and not one crash

I roped a friend into playing another round with me and they also experienced a CTD like five minutes in, but I'm really glad that your game doesn't crash

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I should say, what I actually meant by that, is that I cannot grind solos anymore in this game. I can drop maybe 2-3 solos in a row and that's about it. It's a much more enjoyable experience to grind out dozens of games in a row when you are playing with someone.

Way back when, if friends weren't on, I would hop in a solo. Now if friends aren't on, I'm probably just playing a different game.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

I can forgive the hacking, because that's just a reality in literally every popular FPS, but I feel like "Game still doesn't have functional region locking" and "Game still has serious stability issues" should be pretty easily understandable complaints

I roped a friend into playing another round with me and they also experienced a CTD like five minutes in, but I'm really glad that your game doesn't crash

time to get new computers I guess

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bohemian Nights posted:

Maybe your graphics drivers are 3 years old. Maybe your browser has like 20 malware plugins. Maybe your pc came out of a box of crackerjacks. Crashes can be anything

If you aren't on a pentium 7, 16 gb ram on an SSD with a graphics card made in the last 3 years then get to the back of the bus

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Funny enough, this past Sunday two friends and I were 3 man squad in daytime Vikendi, get to like fifth place killed by headshots from a dude with an MK 14 with a six times. Turns out he kept wiping EVERYONE else out the same way, and not only him but his other partner as well.

Was fun to see like 10 spectators on one dude and 11 on the other as they murder cheated their way to the end. His friend didn't make it because the server removed him from the game. We play TTP on NA so we see a bit more cheaters than what's other people encounter on FPP, but two on the same squad just openly cheating with hacks and not trying to hide it was kind of hilarious. More so when his partner was straight up removed.

Edit: OH and they were Western players too. Name and all.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

hawowanlawow posted:

time to get new computers I guess

I get like steady 150+ frames in pubg and my friend is a wannabe streamer with too much computer for his own good, outdated computers (with zero issues in other games) is not the problem lol

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
"Expensive computers" does not equal "I can't get crashes." (I know you probably know that, just re-iterating it)

More advanced components could actually have more problems with certain games. Specific RAM timings, CPU clocks, GPU clocks, could all be the issue. Along with possible windows problems. Who knows. I get *maybe* one crash to desktop a month while playing and it's usually when I am trying to load into a game or load back into the lobby. It's never when I'm just roaming around Pochinki or something. Thankfully! Because if I crashed every time I played, I wouldn't be playing!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

6600k, GTX 1070, and 16GB of DDR4, I do a clean install of Windows at least every 6 months, and do daily malware scans but it must be my lovely $1200 PC that's causing this spaghetti coded pile of poo poo game to crash, yup.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Do clean installs of windows and malware scans change your hardware? Hardware + games can be finicky as hell. I'm just offering suggestions on why it may happen. Maybe you have poo poo RAM that doesn't get along with spaghetti code.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 13, 2019

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Regrettable posted:

6600k, GTX 1070, and 16GB of DDR4, I do a clean install of Windows at least every 6 months, and do daily malware scans but it must be my lovely $1200 PC that's causing this spaghetti coded pile of poo poo game to crash, yup.

Idk man did you build it yourself

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

Idk man did you build it yourself

Yup, and I don't have problems with other games like I do with PUBG.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
People get so drat angry when there is the slightest suggestion that their own computer is a contributing cause to crashes. Like drat the game has maintained gangbuster numbers on steam since it came out, if the game had serious, repeatable CTD that were hitting the majority of users often it would not have this many people playing, period.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fargom posted:

People get so drat angry when there is the slightest suggestion that their own computer is a contributing cause to crashes. Like drat the game has maintained gangbuster numbers on steam since it came out, if the game had serious, repeatable CTD that were hitting the majority of users often it would not have this many people playing, period.

Yep

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

fargom posted:

They would also 100% get fixed if they were repeatable for sure causes.

I used to get random crashes when I played Path of Exile all the god drat time, and NEVER any other game. I bought a new GPU and it was magically solved. I reported the crash all the time to them, it never got fixed. Hardware sucks sometimes.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

They would also 100% get fixed if they were repeatable for sure causes.

Or, they just don't think it's worth the money and effort to try to fix an issue that doesn't affect a majority of players.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Regrettable posted:

Or, they just don't think it's worth the money and effort to try to fix an issue that doesn't affect a majority of players.

Regrettable, indeed.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

willroc7 posted:

Regrettable, indeed.

:wink:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

probably razer software or some poo poo

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

GeForce experience intermittently crashes pubg on my pc when bringing highlights at the end of matches. Is fine when disabled.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Has anyone else had a lot of stuttering recently? The last week or so has been rough as poo poo, not sure if they screwed up a patch or what but my duo buddy has been experiencing the exact same thing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

Has anyone else had a lot of stuttering recently? The last week or so has been rough as poo poo, not sure if they screwed up a patch or what but my duo buddy has been experiencing the exact same thing.

Yes at first I thought it was discord, partially was disabled the hardware acceleration and now run at a solid 60fps for once, but if I have my comp on for a while then boot up the game it will stutter have frame drops etc etc. I just essentially do a quick restart of my entire computer and then it goes back to normal. I seriously don't see how they continue to build this game the way they do. It's fine one time and next it's sort of a mess you really don't know what you're going to get.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Regrettable posted:

I have these same specs, no problems. Unreal causes issues with fast ram speed though

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
We are talking about a game that had fire rate and recoil tied to frame rate. I think it's safe to say that perhaps it's not the best coded game in existence and blaming a "lovely pc" for every crash is a bit silly. I will say the game is very finicky about any sort of overclocking and crashes easily when other games are stable.

B-Mac fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mae posted:

I have these same specs, no problems. Unreal causes issues with fast ram speed though

Is there an article or something you can link to? My google searches aren't turning up anything.