Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Malah posted:

I found out today, on the Fifth of August, the Two Thousand and Nineteenth year of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, that screen shake can be turned off in the options.

All screen shake.

Gone.

Right there in the options.

haha what the gently caress

they periodically create screen shakes that are exceptions or sometimes outright re-enable

It's the only thing I really think DE truly fucks up in a meaningful way, since that's really bad for some folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Malah posted:

I found out today, on the Fifth of August, the Two Thousand and Nineteenth year of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, that screen shake can be turned off in the options.

All screen shake.

Gone.

Right there in the options.

haha what the gently caress

Wait till you find out about "color correction" and the effects of magnetic procs.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Oh, hey, the active K-Drive races are shown on the Vallis map when you're mounted on the board. That makes this Nightwave challenge much less annoying than I thought it would be.

If the checkpoints were spaced a little further apart so that my double jump/speed boost mods wouldn't make me overshoot them every time I try to sprinkle in tricks, it might even be fun. :argh:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

According to clan chat this morning, you only need to be on the kdrive for the last gate, archwings work in between

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Tulip posted:

According to clan chat this morning, you only need to be on the kdrive for the last gate, archwings work in between

But you don't get to pad your sweet trick score.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Oh, hey, the active K-Drive races are shown on the Vallis map when you're mounted on the board. That makes this Nightwave challenge much less annoying than I thought it would be.

If the checkpoints were spaced a little further apart so that my double jump/speed boost mods wouldn't make me overshoot them every time I try to sprinkle in tricks, it might even be fun. :argh:

Are they? I can only see them on the minimap when I get close. Is it on the 'press M' map or the 'hold M' map?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
It's both but the scrollable "hold" one lets you put waypoints easier

also according to the wiki it doesnt show it for the free board, just custom builds. Dunno about platbought ones (but i'd assume so), but since i neither have my free one or a plat bought one i can't confirm

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 5, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Blown away that anybody would use the default bind for map (I use tab)

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I got a 50% off platinum buy for my daily, what's the best for a casual player, the 1000 for 50?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

50% is pretty meh. 75% or bust imo unless you really need plat

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone on the PS4 have a spare Heavy Caliber going? I'm really, really bad at finding vaults and have had no luck grabbing that.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
yeah, I have a second one, send me an invite on theanoraone. I'm not in the main clan, but I'm on right now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Awesome! posted:

50% is pretty meh. 75% or bust imo unless you really need plat

If I get a 50% I'll drop $20 (I like to spend about $10/month or less).
But if that 75% monster comes my way, I am going whole hog.

Drown me in your plat, space daddy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I found the artist who did the Beachframe pic.
https://twitter.com/KetrinaYim/status/1158082256910651392?s=19

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I think this happened to me before but I don't know what it means. After a mission a box appeared in the top left corner of my screen and some weird alien language started to appear. Is this just flavor or does that trigger something?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its just a little easter egg thing that pops up randomly. i think the writing is orokin or something

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I think this happened to me before but I don't know what it means. After a mission a box appeared in the top left corner of my screen and some weird alien language started to appear. Is this just flavor or does that trigger something?

a space ghost is making you a bootycall

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Quill posted:

or ?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

join the clan

use nightwave as your guide on what to do first (wiki or ask in clanchat if they want new things)

check the dojo and market for new weapons to build and then do invasions for mats

do new jupiter for Hexanon and the new Eidolon so you can build Wisp

Endgame:
do Fortuna's rep grinds

clear the star chart so you can do Arbitrations

Thanks, I will. I've probably got the star chart cleared barring any new stuff they added, I know I had gotten through all of the planets, moons, and asteroids they had added in 2015.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Awesome! posted:

its just a little easter egg thing that pops up randomly. i think the writing is orokin or something

Good to know, scared the poo poo out of me regardless for some reason.

Quill posted:

I am into this

I am much less into this

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Say, is it actually possible to lose the Dog Days splashytimes event? Does Kela have any unique dialog for it?

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I know that's a Kavat, but now i want a pug Kubrow or a small dog type.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
The orokin language thing is from a really old event DE never fully purged.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dreadwroth2 posted:

The orokin language thing is from a really old event DE never fully purged.

Getting rid of The Second Dream would be a hell of a move. :v:

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I meant fixing it so it dosent randomly happen for no reason.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Can you still do the races on a free k drive? Gonna have to drag my butt between all of em to see which are up if so since they're not on the map.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yes you can do races on the free kdrive

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

It is so immensely dumb that you can't see the race starting points on the map with the free board. You have to gain standing to build a board to see them on the map but you have to do the races to gain standing to build a board to see them on the map.

And I don't think there's an in-world map of the locations unless I'm missing something. I didn't even know about K-Drive races until this Nightwave but that has more to do with the fact that I ditched that board so fast once I got an Archwing Launcher.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can see them in archwing which is how i imagine you will be searching for them anyway

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Awesome! posted:

you can see them in archwing which is how i imagine you will be searching for them anyway

Even when all you have is the free board? I just used a site that listed the location of the 5 current active races until I actually build a board. (and then completely forget about this until the next Nightwave task that requires it, probably)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have made 1 kdrive. i got the rep to do that from races on my default board and i found those races by flying around. they show up on the map when you get close to them.

if you are sitting on a real board do they show up on your map regardless of distance (like conservation spots when you are holding the tranq gun?) i havent actually done any races since i made the board.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Awesome! posted:

if you are sitting on a real board do they show up on your map regardless of distance (like conservation spots when you are holding the tranq gun?)

Yes. It's one of those things that will trip up a player who is new/unfamiliar with the system for seemingly no reason especially when the tranq rifle shows hunting spots by default.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 6, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got drunk a few months ago and bought a pre-build K-Drive.

Not the worst money I've ever spend, I suppose, but I only use it to farm Rep... so, uh...

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I guess if it's the final tier kdrive you save yourself a couple of extra days grinding up rep? I mean it's not a smart buy, but the cost is low enough that you don't need to hold a grudge against drunk you.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

I definitely bought one a few days ago. I didn't know they were just worse than archwings in every way.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They've more style points than an archwing. but yeah. :(

I do earn rep just by using them though, and I sell top tier kdrive mods fairly often. :v:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I bought the k-drive on special. It’s not a bad idea if you got the plat - saves you time grinding 20K rep just to be able to see where the races are on the map. That should definitely be available to the default board but lol.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hattie Masters posted:

I'm really, really bad at finding vaults and have had no luck grabbing that.
When vault hunting, just equip all 4 keys on Rhino. Pop Iron Skin and head for the first large room that has multiple exits that you see (so the round two level one with the void tree in the middle, the one with the elevator that gets used as a mobile defence cell, the one that appears in SO etc). Check all of the exits and then if it's not in the first few big rooms, quit and retry.

It just means that you take 5 minutes per failed run rather than 20 or 30 minutes scouring the level only to fail.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mesadoram posted:

Every now and then you gotta reboot your space router.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

When vault hunting, just equip all 4 keys on Rhino. Pop Iron Skin and head for the first large room that has multiple exits that you see (so the round two level one with the void tree in the middle, the one with the elevator that gets used as a mobile defence cell, the one that appears in SO etc). Check all of the exits and then if it's not in the first few big rooms, quit and retry.

It just means that you take 5 minutes per failed run rather than 20 or 30 minutes scouring the level only to fail.

Put a call out on chat to see if anyone wants a free vault run as well. You might not get any bites, but if you do you get some extra pairs of eyes looking for vaults. It costs you nothing.