Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
and her full name is Marie-Anne Charlotte de Corday d'Armont so she is another french marie :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i must grail her!!!

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
I only want Raikou from the new banner, and I only have enough quartz to do a single 10-spin, so I know I should wait until her individual rate-up.

But also I've had $200 in notes sitting in my wallet since Xmas, so it's not like it's really spending money if I grab some Google Play cards, right? Physical cash is basically already spent.

I just want that friggin' dopamine hit

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Crasical posted:

I wasn't familiar with the new Assassin, Charlotte Corday, which got me looking up her history, and the dude she assassinated, Jean-Paul Marat, which, holy crap.

Marat spent the early days of the revolution attacking any 'moderate' revolutionaries (Those NOT in favor of violent extremism), calling them enemies of the republic, and made statements such as '600 severed heads would would have assured your repose, freedom and happiness'. As the revolution went on, he circulated an idea that if foreign invaders or counter-revolutionaries would burst open the city's prisons and use the prisoners as soldiers to retake France, so the solution was kill everyone in the prisons. Which people actually did, in Paris and elsewhere, more than a thousand people methodically guillotined. That accomplished, he went back to his favorite pasttime of attacking any moderate revolutionaries, claiming that they were covert enemies of the republic (If-you're-not-with-me-you're-against-me), and advocating violence against them; which had basically destroyed the movement by the time Charlotte killed him.

While was "short in stature, deformed in person, and hideous in face", had a persistent skin condition (Which is why he was assassinated in the bathtub: He conducted all his affairs from a medicinal bath that helped ease the pain of his condition), the painting The Death of Marat depicted him as smooth skinned and handsome; he was eulogized by the Marquis De Sade: "Like Jesus, Marat loved ardently the people, and only them. Like Jesus, Marat hated kings, nobles, priests, rogues and, like Jesus, he never stopped fighting against these plagues of the people." They even used his bust instead of a crucifix during their attempts at creating new state-religions and dechristianizing France.

So basically Charlotte is actually kind of a hero for putting a stop to him.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Corday's artist is the Boudica/Parvati guy, and I'm really happy he didn't let people sending him loving death threats discourage him. Never really got the hate for him anyway. Taiga looks great.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

new assassin marie has BIG

stabs

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ezelek posted:

Physical cash is basically already spent.

i aged 10 years reading this weird poo poo

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Gologle posted:

I got NP2 Raikou on literally the first ten shot, meaning I have no desire to roll more. GG Summer, more quartz to save for whatever.

God drat, that luck. It took me 36 tickets and 180 quartz to do the same.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

She definitely saved a lot of people's lives, particularly in Paris. Her nickname isn't "The Angel of Assassination" for nothing.

It wasn't quite the "I have killed one man to save one hundred thousand" that she claimed it was, though. The Reign of Terror didn't really get going until after he died. Robespierre killed great boatloads of people without needing any help from Marat. And I mean that literally.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I planned to keep rolling until I got at least one of the new servants, luckily Helena (the one I probably wanted most) popped up with just 60 quartz.

Also, maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find Raikou's summer art unsettling? Giant tits are whatever, but the rest of her torso looks like it's literally skin and bones. :gonk:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

The full set was about to rotate out, so I got a Discord buddy to do a pull for me at dinner following us going to see the Love Live movie together. Turned out super well, if I do say so myself:

I should’ve waited for Maid Alter, but I’m happy with what I have here.

Last time I got someone to do a pull for me (on my birthday last October at NYCC), I got TamaCaster. I guess I should get more people to do pulls for me, if it works out like that.

Haven’t been playing this Event as much as I really should, work has been kicking my rear end hard. I really burned out during the previous Summer rerun too, even if I did get TamaLancer from a ticket from one of the times I logged in during that event. Is there any way I can get Mash’s swimsuit outfit later?

Kay Kessler posted:

Also, maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find Raikou's summer art unsettling? Giant tits are whatever, but the rest of her torso looks like it's literally skin and bones. :gonk:

It’s Raita, he’s kinda known for that kind of look. Comes from being a doujin artist as his day job...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 6, 2019

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i uh, between the two summer banners i rolled 960 quartz and got 8 SSRs, only 3 of which were the rate-up (np2 CasNero, np1 maid). two artorias, two vlads, and drake. Was considering rolling a few more tonight but I don't want more than 3 helenas, so I'll wait for raikou's solo up before i try for 3 copies of her (got one).

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Sometimes one ticket is all you need

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Gologle posted:

Her plan utterly backfired. After his assassination Marat became a martyr, causing an increase in the influence of his writings and an intensification of violence and extremism.

Vengarr posted:

She definitely saved a lot of people's lives, particularly in Paris. Her nickname isn't "The Angel of Assassination" for nothing.

No she didn't, her actions made things worse. Marat was actually losing influence and was pretty isolated when she killed him. His murder caused him to receive center stage and helped lead to the Terror.

Factor_VIII fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 6, 2019

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

It's been tough resisting the urge to roll more before Fran's solo day, but I managed it. I was really only aiming for her but the game loves giving me casters so I was prepared for more. And indeed...

Not pictured: the other two ten-rolls I did right before this where I managed to score a copy of the 5* CE. Now I have everything I could have hoped for out of this event.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

Aurora posted:

i aged 10 years reading this weird poo poo

Is this weird? Maybe it's an Australian thing, but I can't recall the last time I paid for anything with cash - I don't even carry cards anymore, I just paywave with my phone.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
From what I understand, America's like way behind on this whole "not having to touch disgusting physical money" thing compared to the rest of the commonwealth countries/europe.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ezelek posted:

Is this weird? Maybe it's an Australian thing, but I can't recall the last time I paid for anything with cash - I don't even carry cards anymore, I just paywave with my phone.
Man, this was one of the biggest shocks to me after coming back to Oz after living in Japan (very much a cash society) for 6 years. Suddenly, all my previously known currency disappeared off the face of the continent.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Billzasilver posted:

Who let mordred redesign the game?
After the iron house, mine cart walkway, and skycar bridge, it seemed like a good idea.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Today’s strengthenings are for Alex and Iskander
https://twitter.com/fgoproject/status/1158665818139271168?s=20

Alexander: Charm Chance up and Remove Buffs from target (Charm)

Iskandar: NP damage for allies up and for 3 turns and 3 turns of Critical Damage up (Tactics)

Exia fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Aug 6, 2019

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

It’s fun that they’re doing paired ones and all but they keep going on servants I don’t give a flip about mechanically

Give one to moriarty though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he got one this year, he's done

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

9 ten pulls worth of quartz got me a pile of Event CEs and NP2 Raikou and Helena when I all I wanted was my Maid Huckebein. I guess there's always next year.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I dig the Iskander changes. One of his biggest issues up until now was that he was so focused on his one turn of burst that outside of his NP turn, he didn't really contribute to the fight. Now he gives everyone 3 turns of NP Damage, and Crit Damage as well, which enables him (or any other servant should he not draw his cards) to deal more damage off the stars his NP generates.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Clawtopsy posted:

i must grail her!!!

That is the Rider-Caster-Assassin tree set.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Spent everything (90 quartz, 16 tickets) and got nothing but one CE of each type.
RIP good luck streak 23/04/2019 - 06/08/2019. You were abnormally long and kept freaking me out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Poor impulse control strikes again and got me nothing.

If I'm more interested in rolling Helena I should wait a week right? I've come to like her Caster version so I might as well try for a set.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The appmedia account reminds everyone that Merlin and Chen Gong give a combined 100% buster and a 30%NP charge on a buster unit combined with a Waver and the Mage uniform gets you to 100.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

a kitten posted:

Poor impulse control strikes again and got me nothing.

Same, wife pulled Salter Rider in a single 10 spin, so K believed in the magic of the gacha, and was thoroughly rejected. That's two SSRs in back to back 10 spins so I assume she is some kind of luck vampire.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
210 Quartz, 5 Tickets later, and nothing but one Atalante when rolling for Summer Fran.
Now I know how Gacha feels like.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Time for some mini-Goddess adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMJcNOfXG_8

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

60 quartz and 16 tix total got me Nero, NP2 Helena, and both the 5* CEs. A rousing success. Certainly beats the 400 or so quartz to finally get Rider Morded last month (and now my Tamalancer is NP4).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I really want to see Quetz catching and throwing a meteor now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crasical posted:

I wasn't familiar with the new Assassin, Charlotte Corday, which got me looking up her history, and the dude she assassinated, Jean-Paul Marat, which, holy crap.

Marat spent the early days of the revolution attacking any 'moderate' revolutionaries (Those NOT in favor of violent extremism), calling them enemies of the republic, and made statements such as '600 severed heads would would have assured your repose, freedom and happiness'. As the revolution went on, he circulated an idea that if foreign invaders or counter-revolutionaries would burst open the city's prisons and use the prisoners as soldiers to retake France, so the solution was kill everyone in the prisons. Which people actually did, in Paris and elsewhere, more than a thousand people methodically guillotined. That accomplished, he went back to his favorite pasttime of attacking any moderate revolutionaries, claiming that they were covert enemies of the republic (If-you're-not-with-me-you're-against-me), and advocating violence against them; which had basically destroyed the movement by the time Charlotte killed him.

While was "short in stature, deformed in person, and hideous in face", had a persistent skin condition (Which is why he was assassinated in the bathtub: He conducted all his affairs from a medicinal bath that helped ease the pain of his condition), the painting The Death of Marat depicted him as smooth skinned and handsome; he was eulogized by the Marquis De Sade: "Like Jesus, Marat loved ardently the people, and only them. Like Jesus, Marat hated kings, nobles, priests, rogues and, like Jesus, he never stopped fighting against these plagues of the people." They even used his bust instead of a crucifix during their attempts at creating new state-religions and dechristianizing France.

Yeah he was loving epic and badass

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gologle posted:

I really want to see Quetz catching and throwing a meteor now.

Or with her volleyball outfit in the anniversary CE, perhaps spiking said meteor.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
This is my favorite TV show right behind The Medb Show.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Due to IRL circumstances I haven't played the game for like, 3 months. Have I missed the entire first part of the summer event/can't get rider ishtar on na until next year?

(I think I missed all of summer 3 on JP. Oh well.)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Part 1 is still available. You'll have a decent grind for both parts though.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

You have 2 weeks, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I've been sleeping on Robin Hood for too long. His NP took out Queen of Abs' first break bar in one go.