Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I mean, I guess it kinda did work with Mexico in the "jeez this guy is nuts, who knows what random bullshit he might do next so we better try to appease him somewhat" sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I thought the billionaire class had more leverage over stupid poo poo like this.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Nastier Nate posted:

you say that but my son is going into kindergarten next year and my daughter is in daycare for another 3. No statistic is going to convince me that at least one of them won't be a school shooting survivor by the time my daughter graduates high school.

and after that, colleges are only marginally safer

We use these terms like school shooting survivor like it's some immeasurable and unnatural moral wrong so great it shapes ur identity but outside the richest white bubbles every kid in the world sees poo poo like that on their own block or in their own home

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

MadJackal posted:

I thought the billionaire class had more leverage over stupid poo poo like this.

The billionaire class is now obsessed with building bunkers and slave collars because thye know the end is coming

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
s'okay, in another couple days/weeks/months there will be another shooting to interrupt the steady stream of 'lmao nothing matters' and we can all get het up to no effect all over again

also lol if u think communities of color havent been weathering poo poo like this for forty years

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

magiccarpet posted:

sean hannity really lost his mind last night i hope trump was watching

like more so than usual, and about what feral hogs?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Schnorkles posted:

The billionaire class is now obsessed with building bunkers and slave collars because thye know the end is coming

I'm thinking about post-apocalypse survival as a subscription service

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

shovelbum posted:

We use these terms like school shooting survivor like it's some immeasurable and unnatural moral wrong so great it shapes ur identity but outside the richest white bubbles every kid in the world sees poo poo like that on their own block or in their own home

and it does, tbf, shape them.

having unsafe conditions in your neighborhood or home is a big deal and dramatically affects your development

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sinnesloeschen posted:

s'okay, in another couple days/weeks/months there will be another shooting to interrupt the steady stream of 'lmao nothing matters' and we can all get het up to no effect all over again

also lol if u think communities of color havent been weathering poo poo like this for forty years

Even poor whites deal with this u gotta truly be sheltered to think it's like Hiroshima every time a gun goes off in a school parking lot or come poo poo

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
admittedly i grew up with more knifings in my section-8 neighborhood than shootings, but yeah poor folks sequestered in government housing/projects have the amazing opportunity to 'see a fuckin dead body every day'

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

mormonpartyboat posted:

it took back to back mass shootings to have the mass shooting death toll hit an average weekend in chicago

americans only give a gently caress about mass shootings because they threaten places white people care about

Not really, they give a gently caress about them because they are unexpected, and prey on the defenseless. Chicago shootings are mostly targeted by parties who not only expect it, but also retaliate. Yes, defenseless bystanders die. But the difference here is real. When two angry people are fighting in the street, it's not likely to be stopped. People aren't as concerned. When one angry person randomly attacks someone and beats the poo poo out of them, everyone around them would jump in to help stop it. While both are wrong and shouldn't be happening, one of those two examples is more concerning.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

The Alpha Centauri posted:

like more so than usual, and about what feral hogs?

He presented his genius idea to stop mass shootings which is to hire retired cops/troops and literally post them on every floor of every school and mall in the country.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

Schnorkles posted:

having unsafe conditions in your neighborhood or home is a big deal and dramatically affects your development

< exhibit a

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

He presented his genius idea to stop mass shootings which is to hire retired cops/troops and literally post them on every floor of every school and mall in the country.

when all you have is a hammer

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

nows a good time to say this again:

gently caress chelsea clinton for amplifying the islamophobia directed at ilhan omar

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
please understand when i say communities of color i mean predominantly POC folks and poor whites without other options

because lmfao my mother was racist as gently caress and hated that we lived in the 'black' part of town but she 'had no other options'

im glad she's dead

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

imagine the wsj portraying any american protests in such glowing heroic language (other than nazi ones)

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

Wait

Are you saying that shooting 30-50 feral hogs ISN'T a problem that a majority of Americans face?????????????????????????

I need this meme to stay alive until Nightwolf comes to MK11 next week so I can make a "30-50 Ghost Hogs" variation

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

MadJackal posted:

:chaostrump: is a jaded billionaire who was never really part of the club and now he wants to peacock and gently caress with the people who never let him in

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
WAIT NIGHTWOLF IS GONNA BE IN MK11?!

i might actually care about neu-MK if thats true

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MadJackal posted:

Schnorkles posted:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

"Shouldn't you be trying to save the world??"

"Hey, instead of that, I'm using my billions to fund a company to force my security guards to be loyal to me in my underground billionaire sex bunker. Pretty cool huh"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

good morning, friends

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

triple sulk posted:

good morning, friends

g

nevermind you werent talking to me

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

happy trump day to you triple sulk

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1158757246450503680

paging joementum

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Squinky v2.0 posted:

can’t wait for the future where quest givers sitting on the outskirts of town looking to trade a few silver for 10 boar asses is real

They used to do this with squirrels, but many cities had to stop since they were going bankrupt. They changed it from 1 or 1/2¢ per squirrel tail to giving prizes to the schools that killed the most.

quote:

Children were asked to verify their kills by bringing in squirrel tails to their schools. Some impatient exterminators delivered their trophies directly to Commissioner Hecke even before Squirrel Week kicked off, causing a “pronounced odor” in his office. He requested that children not send him any more tails, and instructed his county commissioners to bury all tails after tallying them.

By the time Squirrel Week ended on May 4, children across the state had turned in 104,509 tails, though this was thought to represent a fraction of the total casualties. Even after the contest ended, the Commission of Horticulture reported that kids’ enthusiasm for killing squirrels continued for “an indefinite period.” During an anti-squirrel campaign in Lassen County later in the year, one girl brought in 3,780 tails; a boy brought in 3,770.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/in-1918-california-drafted-children-into-a-war-on-squirrels

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bert Roberge posted:

They used to do this with squirrels, but many cities had to stop since they were going bankrupt. They changed it from 1 or 1/2¢ per squirrel tail to giving prizes to the schools that killed the most.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/in-1918-california-drafted-children-into-a-war-on-squirrels

drat that ad/cartoon rules

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

the extreme leftist sighed as he dipped each .223 in a bucket of MMR vaccine before loading it into his 100rd drum mag. as he pulled the charging handle on his ar15 the dust cover popped open revealing the laser-engraved words "medicare 4 all"

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

and you may serve me a glass of todays piss

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/katierogers/status/1158758251242147842

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

Nice. Turns out humans are really loving good at killing animals.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Robert Plant posted:

Tag yourself I'm the feeling of menace

I'm the monster cyclopedia entry for something like "forlorn wailing wight"

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MadJackal posted:

You don't need leverage when your good buddy Trump calls you at least once a week and tells you what he's going to do so you can get your insider trading all sorted out.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

univbee posted:

Nice. Turns out humans are really loving good at killing animals.

this worked btw

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

*burbles* blump

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Philthy posted:

Not really, they give a gently caress about them because they are unexpected, and prey on the defenseless. Chicago shootings are mostly targeted by parties who not only expect it, but also retaliate. Yes, defenseless bystanders die. But the difference here is real. When two angry people are fighting in the street, it's not likely to be stopped. People aren't as concerned. When one angry person randomly attacks someone and beats the poo poo out of them, everyone around them would jump in to help stop it. While both are wrong and shouldn't be happening, one of those two examples is more concerning.

oh no i already get that black people being murdered by the dozens is society's expectation

what im saying is that's a lovely, racist expectation

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/hcpeterson/status/1158737658140680194?s=20
:yeshaha:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

This was known for a while. Huntsman is likely to run for governor of Utah again.

Here's an article laying out his next steps from last month:

https://utahpolicy.com/index.php/features/today-at-utah-policy/20961-will-jon-huntsman-run-for-governor-in-2020-separating-truth-from-rumor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

who are the usda feral hogs