Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Is the Japanese dub for Hank speak in a Japanese Texas fusion accent?!

I need to know how they translate "I tell you whuut"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

happyhippy posted:

How in hell do they dub and sub Boomhauer properly?

I saw a sub and it's just (mumbles) "what he's actually saying"

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

*Translators note*

"Propane Maniacs" uses the same characters for "Propane gas" and "crazy people" but Hank-kun is oblivious to the obvious pun and keeps them as separate kanji.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 4, 2019

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
There's a Japanese dub for Seinfeld too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhV4whO0Xps

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
so are you chinese or japanese

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

so are you chinese or japanese

*sniff* These dubs are laotian, ain't you Mr. Dubs

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The best thing about King of the Hill is that you can always go back and catch great lines you somehow missed the first few times. Like how did I miss this one until today?

Bobby: Did you ever ride a block of ice?

Buck: Hell, I married Ms. Lizz didn't I?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

happyhippy posted:

How in hell do they dub and sub Boomhauer properly?

Really mumbly Kansai dialect?

Also, laughing my rear end off at "Italianate marble, Mexican cacti."

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Bobby: Did you ever ride a block of ice?

Buck: Hell, I married Ms. Lizz didn't I?

MS. LIZZ!!! TWO HOT TODDAYS!!

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/MrLxA8x.mp4

propane and propane hecksesseries

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what do you even do with a reactor vessel of that size

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hope they didn't cheap out on the couplings then

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

And why is "DOOM" in quotes? Is it a sarcastic doom? Is the wink implied?!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm watching the two part Megalo Mart episode and they are both fantastic. From the Chuck Mangione Taps, using a baked apple pie to track down Bobby's scent, the tri-yard area.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I had a real Hank Hill moment today. I was spray painting some warhammer terrain pieces with primer, but I didn't want to get paint on my grass lawn. I searched and searched for some old newspaper to put down but I'd bagged it all for recycling already, but I remembered I had a spare tarpaulin in my shed.

I went to pull it out, but hesitated when I thought to myself "well, I don't want to ruin a perfectly good piece of tarp!"

Long story short, I used the tarp.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

what about a garbage bag?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

grill. grill like you're big tex

:911:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Another Bill posted:

I had a real Hank Hill moment today. I was spray painting some warhammer terrain pieces with primer, but I didn't want to get paint on my grass lawn. I searched and searched for some old newspaper to put down but I'd bagged it all for recycling already, but I remembered I had a spare tarpaulin in my shed.

I went to pull it out, but hesitated when I thought to myself "well, I don't want to ruin a perfectly good piece of tarp!"

Long story short, I used the tarp.

Now I'm imagining an episode about Warhammer. Bobby or Joseph would discover a wargaming store and then Bill or Dale would see them playing and take it to way too far themselves. The episode ends after Hank convinces Bill to pay his mortgage instead of buying Titans to be popular with his horrible new wargaming buddies. So basically a nerdier rewrite of the episode where Bill joins the mens chorus.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Bill would be welcomed as having a more pleasant odor and temper than most other players.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Don't play Lawyer Warhamm, bobby.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Doesn't Warhammer involve a lot of measuring distances? It would end up being like the rose episode where Hank would get too into Warhammer himself.Hank would construct the hell out of a play table. (I have never played Warhammer.)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Detective No. 27 posted:

Doesn't Warhammer involve a lot of measuring distances? It would end up being like the rose episode where Hank would get too into Warhammer himself.Hank would construct the hell out of a play table. (I have never played Warhammer.)

Bobby would get into for the fluff and the painting but hank would turn into a hardcore grognard. Hank would slap a single coat og paint on his Salamanders and call it good. Peggy trys to play orks but her dice rolls just suck for some reason. The end of the episode they learn that they all like something different about the game but they are forced to quit as new rules drop and kill the game.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Come on Bobby, we can go to the store and laugh at all the Tau players.

it's me I'm the warhammer player

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hihohe posted:

Bobby would get into for the fluff and the painting but hank would turn into a hardcore grognard. Hank would slap a single coat og paint on his Salamanders and call it good. Peggy trys to play orks but her dice rolls just suck for some reason. The end of the episode they learn that they all like something different about the game but they are forced to quit as new rules drop and kill the game.

I am positive Clark Peters would play Orks. I have never been so sure of anything in my life

also for some reason I forgot his name so I went to look up the cast and

oh my loving god I'm dying, look at this, never have I seen something so perfect

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hihohe posted:

Peggy trys to play orks but her dice rolls just suck for some reason.

you got to BE the ork, ma. they don't care about grammar. the sooner you come around to that the sooner luck will get on your side.

be that as it may, THOSE orks just never had substitute teacher of the year helping them learn it.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hihohe posted:

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh poo poo how didn't I see it before. It's typical for his character too, he became addicted to a GTA clone the minute he saw there was propane in it.

Also maybe Hank would create his own SM chapter, the fluff being that their fortress monastery (in the shape of Big Tex) orbits a gas giant that's somehow nearly pure propane. The chapter masters name is Striklandus.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 6, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

I am positive Clark Peters would play Orks. I have never been so sure of anything in my life

oh my loving god I'm dying, look at this, never have I seen something so perfect

:eyepop: That's perfect.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

The White Dragon posted:

you got to BE the ork, ma. they don't care about grammar. the sooner you come around to that the sooner luck will get on your side.

be that as it may, THOSE orks just never had substitute teacher of the year helping them learn it.

in my opinion, orkz is best

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 6, 2019

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

You're an idiot if you watch the King of the Hill dub. You can only truly appreciate Hank's "bwaaaAAAaa" in its original english language.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The White Dragon posted:

Vamos mi orkoz! Muerte los marinos de espacio!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The White Dragon posted:

"In my opinion, Orkz are much better at assault than shooting."

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Vamos mi orkoz! Muerte los marinos de espacio!

I can hear it so clearly

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
This is Assistant Captain Hankus R Hillmann of the Longhorns

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

He basically played John Redcorn on Parks and Rec too.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/T8gmEWG7U3Q

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Does anyone buy into the theory that Dale knew all along Redcorn was Josephs father? If you watch the show that way it does kinda add a new darker edge to Dale.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dale is sweet and pure

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Does anyone buy into the theory that Dale knew all along Redcorn was Josephs father? If you watch the show that way it does kinda add a new darker edge to Dale.

Dale didn't know, his love for Joseph is too pure for the thought that he isn't his to even enter his mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Alex Jones level conspiracy theorist that is to naive to recognize the most obvious affair ever is way funnier