Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Wildtortilla posted:

Does Claude need to be skilled sufficiently in flying to become his wyvern classes?

no he shows up with it right out the gate in chapter 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Zore posted:

One of the ones in the underground map with the warp tiles is a movement ring.

That's easily the most important one.

I disagree. The axe of ukonsavara or whatever it is appears in a chest on the first part two map and it hauls rear end.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I appreciate all the advice, thanks.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

One of the ones in the underground map with the warp tiles is a movement ring.

That's easily the most important one.

i missed that one since dark knight dipped out rather then face me in battle, the coward

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So how do you actually use the dark seals cuz im not seeing a class change option for them

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So how do you actually use the dark seals cuz im not seeing a class change option for them

There's an intermediate class called Dark Mage that should have popped up. Its male only for some godforsaken reason.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Judge Tesla posted:

So Mercedes is a complete psychopath right, with her incredibly fluffy voice I will not hear anything else but her being utterly deranged.

She is all about the church and is happy to murder innocent people if they don't believe everything the church tells them to.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zore posted:

There's an intermediate class called Dark Mage that should have popped up. Its male only for some godforsaken reason.

Especially since two of the three native dark magic users in the game are female.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

hopeandjoy posted:

Especially since two of the three native dark magic users in the game are female.

Frankly it barely matters since neither class gives Dark Tomefaire or extra Dark spell casts (except for Miasma) or anything anyway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Someone in the dev team is a Hubert stan

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Thats super lame i thought it was an endgame class or something. Oh well Lysithea murdered indiscriminately for nothing. C'est la vie.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Someone in the dev team is a Hubert stan

It's me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JBP posted:

I disagree. The axe of ukonsavara or whatever it is appears in a chest on the first part two map and it hauls rear end.

As a finnish person I really can't take that name seriously. It sounds so loving goofy to have it in this game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So exactly how much (if it's known) do support levels lower recruitment costs? Is it basically each level lowers it 1 step for something like Authority and 4-5 points for a stat?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Lysithea got Dark Magic range +1 upon hitting S in reason and I can’t think of a situation I’d want it unless I’m facing like, bow knights and she somehow isn’t OHKO-ing the

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Lysithea got Dark Magic range +1 upon hitting S in reason and I can’t think of a situation I’d want it unless I’m facing like, bow knights and she somehow isn’t OHKO-ing the

You always want more range

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wow, Byleth's unique class is ugly.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

It stacks with that accessory.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So I'm like 20 hours into the game and smack in the middle of the Blue Lions Part 2, and on a whim of shuffling battalions around I just learned about stride.

Holy poo poo.

HOLY poo poo.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Yeah five range is hilarious but I’m not willing to swap out vantage just yet

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Range is like the #1 most valuable stat in the game besides move. Your casters are going to be one-shotting almost every unit in the game anyway so what else do you want?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Oh come on, how does Petra not learn the drat language in five years! Hit the books, Petra!

I guess this is probably because they didn't want to write alternative support lines in which she doesn't make mistakes, or something like that. It's a shame though.

It's probably the latter reason, since they probably didn't want to lock all her supports on a time skip lock, but she does have a slight distraught dialog in one of the monestary months of how she still has issues with speaking the language despite continuing to improve her writing and understanding.

I guess it's not THAT outlandish. I've worked with people who have spoken English as their second (or third) language for years and still get tripped up when speaking it occasionally or have to really think or worm their way through a sentence. Like not to Petra's consistent extent but that's video games!

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

claude you absolute dipshit

you set us on fire

Oh my god same

Claude your loving "schemes" won't work if you don't tell your tactician the plan

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Setting your guys on fire seems to be a running theme in Golden Deer post timeskip

Edelgard did it to a bunch of her armor knights on the hill with the ballista when I did chapter 17

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Yeah five range is hilarious but I’m not willing to swap out vantage just yet

why would your caster ever be on defense to trigger vantage if they have 5 range

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Occasionally doing enemy phase is the reason and I still haven’t seen enough enemy formations to seriously endanger her doing that

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

how do the crest items work? do they just need to be in a character's inventory in order to work?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Can each of my fielded units have a battalion? I thought I read there was a limit to three battalions assigned to units in combat. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with adjucants?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Wildtortilla posted:

Can each of my fielded units have a battalion? I thought I read there was a limit to three battalions assigned to units in combat. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with adjucants?

You are getting that mixed up with adjucants.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Wildtortilla posted:

Yeah, that's adjutants. The limit there is determined by your professor level. Battalions are one per unit, limited by that unit's Authority stat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

rannum posted:

I guess it's not THAT outlandish. I've worked with people who have spoken English as their second (or third) language for years and still get tripped up when speaking it occasionally or have to really think or worm their way through a sentence. Like not to Petra's consistent extent but that's video games!

My mom has been a citizen for 30 years, still has trouble with basic words. It ain't a game trope.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Tae posted:

My mom has been a citizen for 30 years, still has trouble with basic words. It ain't a game trope.

:same: not a week goes by I’m not asked to help her spell out words or check her grammar

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

RBA Starblade posted:

So exactly how much (if it's known) do support levels lower recruitment costs? Is it basically each level lowers it 1 step for something like Authority and 4-5 points for a stat?

No support levels: 20 stat, C+ or higher skill rank
C-Support: 15 Stat, C or higher skill rank
B-Support: 10 Stat, D or higher skill rank

Any student who requires Heavy Armor, Flying, Reason, or Riding need one skill level lower than listed above (so if they're at C-Support, you only need D+ Reason to get Sylvane). The only student who doesn't fit this rule is Felix, who has a slightly higher stat requirement than any other student.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Senerio posted:

You are getting that mixed up with adjucants.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Yeah, that's adjutants. The limit there is determined by your professor level. Battalions are one per unit, limited by that unit's Authority stat.

:getin:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

What’s the interplay between charisma and battalions/gambit night again

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've kept avoiding the thread for fear of spoilers but I've got another, incredibly frustrating question regarding paths:

I've never been able to get Edelgard to B support, it has been stuck at "going to take some time" for many ingame months. Now I got the option to attend her coronation and then.... she turns and I have to fight her. Apparently I'm locked out of that story, because I was supposed to be C+ support with her but I've literally been unable to advance her support so what the heck? I assume you have to get her past B at some early point in the game, which means there's no way I can even go back and fix this which sucks massive rear end since this is the stuff I was most interested in :sigh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

No support levels: 20 stat, C+ or higher skill rank
C-Support: 15 Stat, C or higher skill rank
B-Support: 10 Stat, D or higher skill rank

Any student who requires Heavy Armor, Flying, Reason, or Riding need one skill level lower than listed above (so if they're at C-Support, you only need D+ Reason to get Sylvane). The only student who doesn't fit this rule is Felix, who has a slightly higher stat requirement than any other student.

Oh that's super lenient. Level up Cha faster Byleth :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

:same: not a week goes by I’m not asked to help her spell out words or check her grammar

Hell, my English is pretty good and I still occasionally make dumb mistakes

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The Dudue paralogue "War for the Weak" is annoying because it is all about "you need to defeat all these people before the kingdom troops because we let them get away while the kingdom troops slaughter them" but then it puts you on the other side of the map with a giant impassible barrier between you and the enemy. Would be a lot easier if everyone was flying, but this is a recommended level 11 paralogue!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Your Computer posted:

I've never been able to get Edelgard to B support, it has been stuck at "going to take some time" for many ingame months. Now I got the option to attend her coronation and then.... she turns and I have to fight her. Apparently I'm locked out of that story, because I was supposed to be C+ support with her but I've literally been unable to advance her support so what the heck? I assume you have to get her past B at some early point in the game, which means there's no way I can even go back and fix this which sucks massive rear end since this is the stuff I was most interested in :sigh:

You are not locked out of anything. The branch is immediately after that mission. Stay the course.