Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shame Boy posted:

also pride is full of cishet people there to see the show show their support, so displaying even a fraction of a percent more queerness than them will probably be enough to feel like part of the group

also also PSA: unless you know your city's pride is particularly tame, don't bring your young kids with you. the most memorable moment at the pride i went to was seeing an almost stereotypically suburban white straight family with a bunch of little kids sitting under a tree, all of whom were closely watching this guy walking around shirtless in a leather harness and fetish dog mask and what i'm pretty sure was a buttplug tail coming out of the back of his pants as he waved a "puppy play" flag and made dog sounds

that's why you should bring your kids. don't embrace the cishet shame about bodies and sexuality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Shame Boy posted:

also pride is full of cishet people there to see the show show their support, so displaying even a fraction of a percent more queerness than them will probably be enough to feel like part of the group

also also PSA: unless you know your city's pride is particularly tame, don't bring your young kids with you. the most memorable moment at the pride i went to was seeing an almost stereotypically suburban white straight family with a bunch of little kids sitting under a tree, all of whom were closely watching this guy walking around shirtless in a leather harness and fetish dog mask and what i'm pretty sure was a buttplug tail coming out of the back of his pants as he waved a "puppy play" flag and made dog sounds

so what you're saying is that the gays are corrupting our children?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I don't go to pride pride because screw crowds and screw banks waving rainbows, but smaller pride events are p. awesome. Went to Dyke Day & Trans Pride this year and it was worth the sunburns.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

jit bull transpile posted:

that's why you should bring your kids. don't embrace the cishet shame about bodies and sexuality.

i think you can be plenty sex positive and body positive and all that and still not be thrilled when someone's doing fetish stuff in front of a 6 year old but i guess if you're fine showing your kids that i'm not gonna stop you

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

y'see the furry tail plug and suit head thing wouldn't even register as unusual to me since a couple of my friends run an internationally well known fursuit studio here in the vancouver area

thanks for the words of encouragement everyone :unsmith: sounds like it would definitely be a good thing for me to go and see what all the excitement is about.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I don't go to pride pride because screw crowds and screw banks waving rainbows, but smaller pride events are p. awesome. Went to Dyke Day & Trans Pride this year and it was worth the sunburns.

Yeah, this is my camp. Screw the Britney/Kyle corporated diluted cultural pandering and rainbow merch peddling. We've been throwing small safe space antidote events just outside the parade/party area where it's easier to chill, reflect and connect.

Happy Pride everyone in whatever way suits you best. :toot:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i survived a 2 km walk yesterday!

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

i think you can be plenty sex positive and body positive and all that and still not be thrilled when someone's doing fetish stuff in front of a 6 year old but i guess if you're fine showing your kids that i'm not gonna stop you

what do you think is going to be the effect of your kids seeing someone walking around wearing a pup hood? what sort of negative effect do you think someone making dog sounds is going to have on children?

there's a difference between engaging in your kink and being proud of your kink and wearing a pup hood and a leather harness and making dog noises is a pretty tame way to be proud of your kink.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
even the buttplug thing isn't a big deal if the guy isn't a big deal if they aren't like, nude

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

aardvaard posted:

what do you think is going to be the effect of your kids seeing someone walking around wearing a pup hood?

interest in thoroughly basic fursonas which havent been cool in years

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

even the buttplug thing isn't a big deal if the guy isn't a big deal if they aren't like, nude

i'm fairly sure you can't tell a buttplug tail from a clip-on tail unless you checked really closely so i'm not sure i trust shame boy's judgement

fishmech posted:

interest in thoroughly basic fursonas which havent been cool in years

nah the kids are all into closed species these days

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

aardvaard posted:

i'm fairly sure you can't tell a buttplug tail from a clip-on tail unless you checked really closely so i'm not sure i trust shame boy's judgement

i mean it was rubber, i didn't think they made rubber clip-on ones but i guess i'm not really up to date on non-buttplug-tail technology

anyway whatever, y'all can take your kids to the folsom street fair and have a great time and i'll just be sitting over here in this corner being a dirty un-fun regressive conservative on this issue

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

someone please think of the children

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

i mean it was rubber, i didn't think they made rubber clip-on ones but i guess i'm not really up to date on non-buttplug-tail technology

they are 100% a thing. Go to IML and the strap-on ones outnumber the others probably 100:1 (at least during the day)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm agender

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

anyway whatever, y'all can take your kids to the folsom street fair and have a great time and i'll just be sitting over here in this corner being a dirty un-fun regressive conservative on this issue

different strokes and all that

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

aardvaard posted:

someone please think of the children

a close friend of mine was exposed to quite a lot of sexuality at a very young age (though afaik not abuse, though i try not to pry) and boy howdy it did not help them any as an adult so yes, i'm going to be very uncomfortable about this, sorry, make fun of me all you want for my pearl-clutching or whatever

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

too young to know what a pup hood is: oh, that man kinda looks like a dog, and has a tail. that's neat.
old enough to know what a pup hood is: literally no innocence lost here

i'm really not seeing how this dude is corrupting our children.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

a close friend of mine was exposed to quite a lot of sexuality at a very young age (though afaik not abuse, though i try not to pry) and boy howdy it did not help them any as an adult so yes, i'm going to be very uncomfortable about this, sorry, make fun of me all you want for my pearl-clutching or whatever

i get where you're coming from but i really think that you're overstating just how sexual pride is

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

if you want to rail against rampant sexuality being exposed to our kids, maybe like, every commercial, billboard, magazine cover featuring an unrealistically thin scantily clad woman, which is actually going to have a serious effect on that kid's future? and not The Gays?

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun

grats

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

aardvaard posted:

if you want to rail against rampant sexuality being exposed to our kids, maybe like, every commercial, billboard, magazine cover featuring an unrealistically thin scantily clad woman, which is actually going to have a serious effect on that kid's future? and not The Gays?

i'm not sure why you think i'm blaming the gays with this, it's not like they brought those kids there and sat them down and forced them to watch everything.

Improbable Lobster posted:

i get where you're coming from but i really think that you're overstating just how sexual pride is

i've said it before in this thread but i really did not have a good time at the local pride, between trans exclusion problems, the parade being moved from the gay district where it had always been to the upscale rich straight people restaurant district, the awkward sexual moments, the parade being like 50% banks and corporations and cops, and the last straw being the drunk drag queen MC hosting everything alongside the parade making frequent rape jokes, the whole thing felt like some kind of clown show parody of gayness for straight people

i didn't want to get too into it because Kazinsal should really go to their local one anyway but hey whatever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i mean fair enough, every pride is different

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Northalsted Market Days is next weekend and it’s a heck of a lot more my speed than the Chicago Pride Parade which is just a shitshow of corporatism these days (not that Market Days isn’t but it’s a little more low key)

I’m super looking forward to Jake Shears, I was super sick and missed a show late last year

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

tomorrow's the big day

✂🍆

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Good luck! :toot:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

here's to a quick recovery!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god why are my guts making that noise

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
good luck

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Best of luck!

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

good luck!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

tomorrow's the big day

✂🍆

good luck ❤️

i can safely say that a very important part of me has healed and is actually functional :smug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh god why are my guts making that noise

they're just getting out of the way ahead of time to make it easier

good luck friend :toot:

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Hi!

I’ve been keeping up on this thread and not really posting in it other than the occasional drop in but uh

hi again

about a year ago i finally realized i’m non-binary and about a couple months ago i started HRT.

things have been weird but mostly good and i don’t know if i’ve ever felt this good about myself :3: which in itself is weird and foreign and i’m working through how to handle that

anyhow, i want to finally start laser hair removal and get rid of this beard but don’t really know where to start. my partner is tired of me shaving multiple times a day and reminding me that i want to do this (and he himself would consider it if he didn’t have blonde hair), my therapist has probably listened to me talk about this for weeks now. like...do i just pick a random place? go for a groupon deal? how exactly do i find one that isn’t going to be a waste of time/money or judge me for being trans?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I survived. My penis did not..

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

some places specifically advertise being trans friendly. if you can find that, that’s cool. you want to find somewhere that doesn’t use IPL laser but smth else (like if you have dark hair and light skin naturally alexandrite is good, but there are others like Nd:YAG). it could be worth checking on groupon for deals but you need to do your research to see if they got those good lasers and the place is well received.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

thank you for your service little soldier :patriot:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Synthbuttrange posted:

congrats on your meat yeet

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

hell yeah

OldAlias posted:

some places specifically advertise being trans friendly. if you can find that, that’s cool. you want to find somewhere that doesn’t use IPL laser but smth else (like if you have dark hair and light skin naturally alexandrite is good, but there are others like Nd:YAG). it could be worth checking on groupon for deals but you need to do your research to see if they got those good lasers and the place is well received.

yeah. if it is IPL, get the heck away

Nd:YAG or Alexandrite or bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

wait i thought IPL wasn't even a kind of laser, it was just like a really powerful flash bulb or something