Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Looks like a new group has picked up Demon Mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
In new Jahy-sama, her wannabe rival takes another turn as butt-monkey.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Monsters can't clean
Someone has been drawing graffiti on all sorts of things in the village/forest, even the dragon's den.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Looks like a new group has picked up Demon Mom

This series has gotten to the point where I'm really interested in the economics of doing business with non-human entities. Like, it would be a good and growing market to start developing custom hats for horns, covers for tails, and all kinds of cosmetics that deal with scales and such. Plus having read ahead I'd really like to see how human technology and innovation can be merged with demon physiology. Basically I'd want to be a business partner to the shopkeeper or have my own shop in whatever places demons frequent.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
New Kusuriya no Hitorigoto. Dunno what's in it, I'm just about to read it.

EDIT: Maomao's dressing up!

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 5, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So there's no way Jinshi is *actually* a Eunuch at this point, right?

I'm stuck between 'there's no way that's true especially after all the hints to the contrary', and 'It's weirdly out of character for Maomao to persist in a misconception for this long.'

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's doing a eunuch's job in a place where only eunuchs are allowed.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
He might secretly be a son of the last Emperor from what I remember so him being a eunuch may just be a cover story or presented to some in the court as a consolation for him still being allowed to be alive despite what implications that would have. Just spitballing though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Weird BIAS posted:

He might secretly be a son of the last Emperor from what I remember so him being a eunuch may just be a cover story or presented to some in the court as a consolation for him still being allowed to be alive despite what implications that would have. Just spitballing though.

No, he was SWITCHED with the younger son of the last emperor, who then died. He's the son of the CURRENT emperor.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Rody One Half posted:

No, he was SWITCHED with the younger son of the last emperor, who then died. He's the son of the CURRENT emperor.

Very few characters have complete information on that, I think.

BIG spoilers:

• Mao Mao knows there's baby-switching, but don't know who the baby currently is.
  • Most in-the-know folks, including Jinshi, knows that he's related to the current Emperor, but as brother, not son, and definitely not a eunuch.
  • The fact (mentioned later in the novel) that Jinshi looks like late emperor doesn't dispute that, I think.
  • Only the ones who know the truth are probably the current emperor and Ah Duo.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
New Yankee and White Cane Girl, new Otome Live Commentary

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The inevitable moment when the game characters turn things around and help Endo and Kobayahi get together is going to be super sweet.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
The demons have problems and only one person can solve them, one case at a time.
If only the demon king had a bow tie that could change his voice

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
In this month's Useless Ponko, Ponko is not allowed to go fishing, so she has to find something else to do today.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Remind me what the emblems and pins that Mao Mao received in the garden party symbolize? Favor?

Something about being able to leave after collecting a certain number?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Phone numbers, I think? Men give them out to courtesans that they fancy and the courtesans can use them to call to the men who gave them the pins if they want to be bought. Or something.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

gnome7 posted:

In this month's Useless Ponko, Ponko is not allowed to go fishing, so she has to find something else to do today.

I love this manga. Ponko tries so hard. I like to see her struggle. Do your best, Ponko!!

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Artificer posted:

Remind me what the emblems and pins that Mao Mao received in the garden party symbolize? Favor?

Something about being able to leave after collecting a certain number?

She got four of them. Two from the consorts, one from Jinshi and the equivalent of a participation prize from Rihaku. People usually see them as either a status symbol because that means someone high up favors them or someone is trying to court the wearer and they can leave the harem for a bit for a walk around the city or something.

Maomao was only interested in the leave the harem part to go say hi to her dad and the brothel that raised her and ignored all the implications when she picked Rihaku and tricked him into bringing her out of the harem which made Jinshi sad because he's the needy bf type.

Polgas fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Aug 6, 2019

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Thanks!

gnome7 posted:

Why does a housekeeping robot have a ballistic trajectory calculation suite?

Mao Mao has merch?? https://twitter.com/nekokurage_/status/1158694292824576000?s=09

Artificer fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 6, 2019

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Mao Merch

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Artificer posted:

Why does a housekeeping robot have a ballistic trajectory calculation suite?

For playing with children obviously.

Enjoying the hell out of the rich vein of otome isekai the thread tapped. Things like Overlord can be nice but I'm really liking the takes where the MC isn't an all powerful god as well. Just trying to not die a terrible death.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Useless Ponko is very powerful

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Looks like Franken Fran is being serialized again, awesome

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I again beseech anyone who likes Useless Ponko to watch Frank and Robot.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Useless Ponko

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Guard your butthole, as in the latest chapter Mizore-Chan makes a new friend.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Wasn't it belly buttons and Kappas? And I welcome a new baka to the crew.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Brought To You By posted:

Wasn't it belly buttons and Kappas? And I welcome a new baka to the crew.

Belly buttons and Raiden, buttholes and kappa.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
belly buttons is a thunder god. kappas are all about that anus ball.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Well I had no idea I was sitting on my soul every day.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Ponko is so so good.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Crasical posted:

Guard your butthole, as in the latest chapter Mizore-Chan makes a new friend.

I love how badly this wholesome, sweet comic wants to be horny. The author wants to make a horny comic for nasty boys and make all that sexy anime girl money and every week he ends up with a loving family being nice to each other.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

So androids do dream of electric cheep.

Also, didn't Ponko fix her facial expressions a couple of chapters back?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Reallycoolname posted:

So androids do dream of electric cheep.

Also, didn't Ponko fix her facial expressions a couple of chapters back?

Well, she stopped them from malfunctioning, so she wasn't making random faces all the time. But it seems like under normal conditions, her expressions don't work at all beyond her regular vacant smile. It is very like Ponko to fix being broken in a new way by returning herself to how she has always been broken.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
New Shimeiji Simulation. The way the city intrudes on the panel work is really neat.

Also new Monsters Can't Clean.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Yay, new Hakumei to Mikochi
Our duo see a pair of antique drinking glasses and become interested in them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That chapter is way too relatable. Well except for the part where they actually got off their butts and did something about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Yay, new Hakumei to Mikochi
Our duo see a pair of antique drinking glasses and become interested in them.

I was just wondering if this had been dropped by the TLers. Good stuff. Interesting to see that these two actually do have a limit to their budget, although I'd kill to only have to worry about food expenses on the day to day.