Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Hoping for an episode about Shackleton and the endurance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka are right there

Robert Pickton, too, although it'll be tough to top the LPOTL ep, they did a great job researching and they appropriately roasted Vancouver PD

Louis Riel, Joe Beef, the stupid riot that burned down the first parliament...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Louis Riel, Joe Beef, the stupid riot that burned down the first parliament...

Residential schools, too. Can't believe that wasn't in my first post, really.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i mean, has there been a British East India Company episode yet? if not well

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They should have gone international every bi-episode 2 years ago

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka are right there

I sincerely doubt they'll be doing this. And I sincerely hope they won't.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Alaois posted:

The Hudson Bay Company too.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
He's not doing Bernardo, there's nothing funny or weird about that case, it's just a nightmare.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

behind the bastards did an episode on them

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

behind the bastards did an episode on them

How was it? BTB can be hit or miss, as you know

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How was it? BTB can be hit or miss, as you know

it's the only episode(s) i've listened to because michael swaim guested on it and it's pretty good!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Alaois posted:

it's the only episode(s) i've listened to because michael swaim guested on it and it's pretty good!

Listen to the Steven Seagal one too, if nothing else.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

MonsieurChoc posted:

One day they'll do Canada.

One day...

They already did the Pig War & the Fenian Raids, didn't they?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

They already did the Pig War & the Fenian Raids, didn't they?

Yup, but mostly from the American perspective.

We got our own Fenians, the Frères Chasseurs.

Edit: They also did the Acadians.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Ford brothers will be good for a Dollop.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Jeez, 10 minutes into this ep and I'm already angry. Regardless of how lovely they can be, why do comedians ALWAYS resort to "haha look at this loving nerd" jokes when discussing tech dudes? Are we just going to demonize being interested in technology again?

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

AceOfFlames posted:

Jeez, 10 minutes into this ep and I'm already angry. Regardless of how lovely they can be, why do comedians ALWAYS resort to "haha look at this loving nerd" jokes when discussing tech dudes? Are we just going to demonize being interested in technology again?

holy poo poo get a load of this loving nerd

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

Thanks for piquing my interest.
I will listen to that episode now.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
The latest episode of Trash Toons is truly next-level insane. Behold, not a talkie, but a "barkie."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0QeMMvjZfM

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

AceOfFlames posted:

Why wouldn't you call lovely nerds nerds? They usually deserve it. Someone saying theyre into block chain is like a legitimate red flag.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

thotsky posted:

Why wouldn't you call lovely nerds nerds? They usually deserve it. Someone saying theyre into block chain is like a legitimate red flag.

Also Tesla. It's frigging cultlike.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thotsky posted:

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also Tesla. It's frigging cultlike.

Ugh, I know a lot of people heavily into both. It baffles me.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

AceOfFlames posted:

i haven't checked my app yet this morning, but if its nerds and food, it's going to be Soylent and its whackjob owner isn't it

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

AceOfFlames posted:

Ugh, I know a lot of people heavily into both. It baffles me.

Let none of us forget the time Tesla suddenly fired a shitload of staff and they all turned out on Twitter to say they were sad, but it was for the good of the company.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 6, 2019

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
I hope Musk gets an episode.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

i haven't checked my app yet this morning, but if its nerds and food, it's going to be Soylent and its whackjob owner isn't it

I wonder what his username is. His thought process and approach could easily be a thread here.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

AstroWhale posted:

I hope Musk gets an episode.

Wait until they visit South Africa.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Right after they start they talk about how he thinks it's weird he's eating a leaf while surround by computers so I think it's probably fine to go "look at this loving nerd".

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Elon Musk will almost 100% be the subject of a Behind the Bastards at some point. Though The Dollop has had plenty of episodes about people who emigrated to America so its still a possible topic

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Finished the episode and this guy's loving life is a goon project.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I get maybe being annoyed at anyone in tech stereotyped as some poindexter loser but this guy literally made a terrible drink sludge to make sure you never have to bother your boss (him) with things like food breaks and doesn't understand why people would want to eat 'leaves' when technology exists.

My man's a nerd, and also a fuckin dingus, and a herb as well.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

yea I get maybe being annoyed at anyone in tech stereotyped as some poindexter loser but this guy literally made a terrible drink sludge to make sure you never have to bother your boss (him) with things like food breaks and doesn't understand why people would want to eat 'leaves' when technology exists.

My man's a nerd, and also a fuckin dingus, and a herb as well.

as part of the water saving thing he bulk ordered a ton of jumpsuits from china, had them drop shipped to him in the us, and then would wear a jumpsuit a week before donating it so he could claim the savings of bot doing laundry

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
from the article dave quoted in the episode theres also this passage

quote:

I think it was a bit presumptuous for the architect to assume I wanted a kitchen with my apartment and make me pay for it. My home is a place of peace. I don’t want to live with red-hot heating elements and razor-sharp knives. That sounds like a torture chamber. 

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The justification for Canada banning Soylent is so thin beyond “this seems shady” and that owns.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Mr. Rob Soylentdude is one of the least relatable human being I have ever heard information about, on the level of the most depraved serial killers in history.

That this dude found success by giving in to his neurosis that cooking and eating food like other people is beneath him and creating an unpalatable, questionably produced nutrient paste is bizarre and hilarious

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Also that he put in tremendous effort to basically re-invent the slimfast or ensure shake except for tech bros.

And the fun thing I learned that Scott Adams beat him to it back in the 90s with the loving Dilberito, which I thought was a joke until I read the articles about it. It was also designed as a basically flavorless nutrient pouch for people who just don't want to waste time eating.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Man, there should definitely be a Dollop on Scott Adams.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

There was an episode of QAnonAnonymous digging into the history of Scott Adams. It's pretty incredible.

Also the UK run HAS to include a Churchill episode. Hopefully Thatcher too.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It was also designed as a basically flavorless nutrient pouch for people who just don't want to waste time eating.

These have a certain popularity in Japan.

They're not very good. Though not the worst for a travel snack you can forget about in your backpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

If they wanna really freak out, they should do episodes about Brazil. Trust me. It's insane.