Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1158621481636700160

hadnt thought of that one though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Wazzerphuk posted:

Imagine overseeing Fulham's season in the premiership last year and deciding that you were all sorted for defenders, thank you very much. Let's sign three established top-flight players in Cavaleiro, Knockaert and Arter, but keep the same defence that conceded 81 goals.

idgi ijdgi

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

he's busy running his wrestling company

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

Tuanzebe should be around the first team this season after having a good loan with Villa.

Yeah, he's third choice for next season apparently. Good move, he's a young kid with a lot of potential and promise.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

We can't bold until January when the move is officially official.

Will he still want to go there when Derby are mid-table after Christmas?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dell_Zincht posted:

Will he still want to go there when Derby are mid-table after Christmas?

£80k a week apparently to put out cones and occasionally kick a football.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/1158781212057645057?s=17

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1158809460086923264

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wolves apparently set to pick up Mario Lemina on loan from Southampton.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Dybala and Coutinho are all over Spurs blogs (lol). Eriksen needs to be sent to another country for me to be happy with him leaving

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Dybala and coutinho seems like it would be amazing which def means it won’t happen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tao of lmao posted:

Wolves apparently set to pick up Mario Lemina on loan from Southampton.

southampton would be mental to do that

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Now Agresti reporting that Juve have accepted it, up to Dybala to come to contract terms.

And now Juve are suddenly willing to accept installment payments from Arsenal for Rugani, so that might happen for €40m.

Also once Danilo signs that will be the end of purchases for Juve this summer.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jose posted:

southampton would be mental to do that

According to at least one source the deal is done but i havn’t seen anyone reputable report it yet.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

United have apparently put in a bid for Moussa Dembele, the one from Lyon who used to play for Celtic, and Bruno Fernandes, and maybe Eriksen, and possibly Milinkovic-Savic.

So in reality none of those things have happened.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/ASSEofficiel/status/1158742819189735424?s=19

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

skasion posted:

Are United planning to offload any of their centerbacks? There must be like five or six in the squad now and I wouldn’t think anyone but Maguire and Lindelof will get any game time.

I think if we could have sold Rojo before now we would have done. Smalling, Bailly and Jones are all there as cover but Bailly and Jones are never fit when they're needed so I don't really see the point in keeping them, but that also means I doubt anyone wants to buy them. Smalling shouldn't be starting regularly unless he miraculously finds his form back from the van Gaal days but it doesn't hurt to keep him around.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol at this video
https://twitter.com/girondins/status/1158767162640732160

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The greatest trick Koscielny ever pulled was getting Arsenal fans to convince themselves he was the second coming of Tony Adams and not in fact a poo poo speed merchant that thought he was able to run himself out of bad positioning, sometimes with hilarious results and also by not being quite as bad as other Bad Arsenal Defenders.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

trem_two posted:

Now Agresti reporting that Juve have accepted it, up to Dybala to come to contract terms.

And now Juve are suddenly willing to accept installment payments from Arsenal for Rugani, so that might happen for €40m.

Also once Danilo signs that will be the end of purchases for Juve this summer.
Sky reporting it's just down to contract terms now.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1158831233465499648

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
If Spurs pick up Coutinho and Dybala, that's gonna be bonkers.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Sky reporting it's just down to contract terms now.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1158831233465499648

I hope this means Eriksen to United could actually be a thing.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

habeasdorkus posted:

If Spurs pick up Coutinho and Dybala, that's gonna be bonkers.

lol you don’t know Spurs. It’ll be one or the other, or more likely, neither

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
You're right, but I would love to see Coutinho in yet another situation where he doesn't fit the team.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
dybala is really good in my expert opinion having watched him in like 5 champions league matches

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Bundy posted:

The greatest trick Koscielny ever pulled was getting Arsenal fans to convince themselves he was the second coming of Tony Adams and not in fact a poo poo speed merchant that thought he was able to run himself out of bad positioning, sometimes with hilarious results and also by not being quite as bad as other Bad Arsenal Defenders.

He was decent enough once he settled in. But that spell early on where he kept getting sent off over and over again making the same last ditch tackle was amazing.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Birmingham League Cup win was a highlight.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

How did Arsenal go from pursuing Coutinho and Upamecano to settling for the Italian Mustafi? ffs

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

lol you don’t know Spurs. It’ll be one or the other, or more likely, neither

this

not expecting dybala to sign as he's said he wants to stay at Juve and Spurs will definitely not be paying enough wages to convince him

Coutinho I'm ambivalent about. he's a good player for sure so I wouldn't be upset if he joined but dropping £20m to loan a player for a season is not Levy's style

at least get Sessegnon done. that's the extent of my hopes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wengy posted:

How did Arsenal go from pursuing Coutinho and Upamecano to settling for the Italian Mustafi? ffs

The Coutinho stuff may or may not have been total BS and Leipzig want 90m

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Big Huski Boi posted:

The Coutinho stuff may or may not have been total BS and Leipzig want 90m

Even so, literally nobody seems to rate Rugani. Surely there have to be other options.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Jose posted:

Lol apparently Derby are going to pay Rooney _130k a week but because he's a player-coach only 30k will count towards him being a player so it's outside the ffp rules

Plucky Shoestring budget Derby County

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Wengy posted:

Even so, literally nobody seems to rate Rugani. Surely there have to be other options.

I am available on a free

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Sounds like Dybala is holding out for an offer from PSG, doesn't seem like he'll be going to an English club with the deadline looming this week.

Di Marzio is also now reporting that Man United are talking to Llorente.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Di Marzio is also now reporting that Man United are talking to Llorente.

I mean he’s available on a free but he also sucks.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

I mean he’s available on a free but he also sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XawgCFFOqA

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So probably not happening.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1158847367661215744

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah gently caress off Spurs we’re closed

unless I can interest you in a Totally Healthy Sami Khedira

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

brasstassels posted:

Coutinho I'm ambivalent about. he's a good player for sure so I wouldn't be upset if he joined but dropping £20m to loan a player for a season is not Levy's style

On the other hand, temporarily placating supporters/media by agreeing to pay a huge transfer fee in total confidence there's a 0.0% chance he'll actually have to pay it because he's going to lowball the player on wage is exactly Levy's style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Serious question, have Spurs actually spent all of the Bale money on transfers since he left?