Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lmao saying that slave owners swhould die is literally the same thing as saaying that jews should die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

lol whatever connection there was was enough to get r/chapotraphouse quarantined after how many years of dragging their feet about r/the_Donald

One of the complaints in the message to the cth mods was that cth had a style sheet that renamed "report" to "snitch"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
In El Paso, we had a shooter who explicitly was committing terrorism because of racist right wing political views.

The motive in Dayton is unclear (and the investigators keep reminding people of this!).

It could maybe have been political? It might not have had anything to do with it.

But both sides reporting is irresponsible, and the right will disingenuously use both sides as a means to say right wing terror isn’t as big a problem as it is.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Thats pretty much what i thought when i asked where he saw that and his response was "oh an independent news site" just thought i'd check

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
He's an MS-13 plant

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stravag posted:

Thats pretty much what i thought when i asked where he saw that and his response was "oh an independent news site" just thought i'd check
So some fake news site run by Macedonian teens...Or The Daily Stormer.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Didn't the FBI just "lose" all their files on stormfront recently?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

Didn't the FBI just "lose" all their files on stormfront recently?

That's basically what they said, yes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The Israeli space agency crashed tiny creatures onto the moon. Tardigrades expected to establish settlement in west moon bank, upsetting local majority moon creature populace.

https://www.wired.com/story/a-crashed-israeli-lunar-lander-spilled-tardigrades-on-the-moon/

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

They'll evolve to be whales, then there'll be whalers on the moon...who carry a harpoon...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
But their ain't no whales, so they tell tall tales...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We've got a big DMV contingent in here, so stay safe Canton goons. Context: Baltimore neighborhood got flooded.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
How the gently caress did that happen? It's not even raining yet. Did another pipe burst?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ceiling fan posted:

How the gently caress did that happen? It's not even raining yet. Did another pipe burst?

Rainstorm, I heard about it from another place from someone in Canton.

It's nearly impossible to find anything with Baltimore in it on twitter right now that isn't arguing about Trump but this is what I got

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1158872754587938817

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Goddamn, the squalls we've been getting this summer are insane. I'm 3 miles away from that and didn't see any rain at all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's thundering like a motherfucker out here in Falls Church. But no rain.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Wife said the sky opened up did a ten minute apocalypse then just, stopped.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
We had clouds today.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It poured down rain at the end of my drive way, while I stood in the sun and watched. It was loving weird.
In town, one side of the street was wet, the other wasn't.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godholio posted:

We had clouds today.

It just rained over here. Did it not rain there?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It's humid enough, but everything is dry. Of course, everything dries 30 seconds after the rain stops, so who knows?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Best Korea getting its ideas from the movies now.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The Israeli space agency crashed tiny creatures onto the moon. Tardigrades expected to establish settlement in west moon bank, upsetting local majority moon creature populace.

https://www.wired.com/story/a-crashed-israeli-lunar-lander-spilled-tardigrades-on-the-moon/

Shamelessly stealing this :kiss: post from the spaceclight thread.

LRADIKAL posted:

Not surprising, Israel has a thing for illegal settlements.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 7, 2019

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stravag posted:

So someone i know was saying that the ohio shooter was super far left and signed up to antifa and antigun groups and poo poo. Any proof of that or is that just their wistful thinking so they can say see its both sides?

If you consider being pro-Bernie and ironic Satanism "super far left" then yes.

Also, the right wingers are very intentionally deciding that "person has beliefs and also carries out massacre" is the same as "person carries out massacre specifically and explicitly because of beliefs" in order to both sides it and not examine their support of white nationalist politicians.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Photo of Mounted Police Leading Black Man by a Rope Prompts Outrage

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
A lot of the recent mass shooter "manifestos" are also super dense with sarcastic extremely-online bullshit sourced from the infected cloaca of 8chan and the like specifically for the purposes of trolling. Right wing propaganda pulls out two words from a bigoted screed about securing the future for our children and screams about the violent antifa super soldiers looking to murder your dog and make your children stop talking to you at thanksgiving.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Just put a small-scale nuke at the server farms for 8chan

It's the only way to be sure.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MA-Horus posted:

lol if you think they need a farm. I'd be surprised if they took a full cab

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

The roaches will survive the radiation. You need to take them down brick by brick.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1158950196560171014

Guys I'm starting to think this Trump guy may be a racist.

And to help wash that taste out of your mouth, here's this:

quote:

Former vice president Joe Biden plans Wednesday to accuse President Trump of having “fanned the flames of white supremacy in this nation” in a blistering speech set to be delivered in Iowa as Trump visits two cities mourning horrific mass shootings.

Another Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), also plans to speak out about gun violence and white nationalism during a speech at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, S.C., the site of a mass shooting in 2015 that left nine people dead.

According to excerpts of Biden’s planned remarks released by his presidential campaign, he will highlight Saturday’s shooting in El Paso by a gunman who allegedly posted an essay with language that closely mirrors Trump’s rhetoric, as well as the language of the white nationalist movement, including a warning about the “Hispanic invasion of Texas.”

“How far is it from Trump’s saying this ‘is an invasion’ to the shooter in El Paso declaring his attack is a response to ‘the Hispanic invasion of Texas’? Not far at all,” Biden plans to say in the speech. He will also refer to the deadly clash between white supremacists and protesters in Charlottesville in 2017 and the mass shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh last year, according to the excerpts.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Thanks for dropping a trailer for your upcoming diss track, uncle joe

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Right? Why don't his writers just release the transcripts ahead of time so we can follow along as he makes the speech?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Joe, please just drop out and dedicate your life to mocking Donnie. It would be a more honorable and useful use of your time.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1159113620292165632

:yooge: We love our Gold Star families, don't we folks. Except *those one* and *those too*, just white ones really

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Casimir Radon posted:

Joe, please just drop out and dedicate your life to mocking Donnie. It would be a more honorable and useful use of your time.

This but Beto.

Run for senate Beto.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

quote:

A 39-year-old Superior man was jailed this weekend for allegedly assaulting a 13-year-old boy he believed, according to one witness, had disrespected the national anthem.

Curt James Brockway was arrested by Mineral County Sheriff's deputies around 11 p.m. Saturday. Montana Department of Justice records show he is registered as a violent offender. Brockway made his initial appearance in Mineral County Justice Court on Monday, and was scheduled to be released on his own recognizance on Tuesday.

Taylor Hennick was at the Mineral County Fair and Rodeo on Saturday, and told the Missoulian she had just stopped at the entrance to the fairgrounds in Superior to pause for the national anthem when she heard a "pop." Hennick said the man, who she had by then identified as Brockway, tried justifying the assault as bystanders moved in on him Saturday evening.

"He said (the boy) was disrespecting the national anthem so he had every right to do that," Hennick said.

https://missoulian.com/news/state-a...7909d8d137.html

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Loved his country so much he gave a child he didn’t know permanent brain damage. He most likely used a weapon because he already has a record of assault with a deadly weapon and there’s no way this kid’s bleeding out of his ears and having a seizure from on punch.

gently caress that guy.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
First thing I read said he picked him up and body slammed him or something. "HE DISRESPECTED MAH FLAG, I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO CRIPPLE HIM"

Also that dude looks like a mass shooter waiting to happen

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

If that dude did that to my son, I would be in prison. No hyperbole, that is a threat to my kid's life.
What the gently caress happening in America?