Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

Franz Wagner (yes, Moe’s brother) is likely a 1 and done for Michigan, too.

That wasn't really an exhaustive list, just something close to the consensus top few guys. There will obviously be way more one and dones than that, especially with the way things are trending. Wagner isn't really in many of the good mock drafts yet, but that doesn't mean he couldn't leave, especially since being European gives him a lot more flexibility there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

Still really early but I'd say the most notable ones going into the year (just college guys so not like RJ Hampton) are:

Anthony Edwards- Georgia
Cole Anthony- UNC
Jaden McDaniels- Washington
Scottie Lewis- Florida
James Wiseman- Memphis
Tyrese Maxey- Kentucky
Nico Mannion- Arizona

Really good PG class, seems kinda light everywhere else right now at least in terms of NBA prospects

wiseman and cole anthony are probably gonna rise the most over the course of the season in terms of draft stock

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

wiseman and cole anthony are probably gonna rise the most over the course of the season in terms of draft stock

They don't really have that much room to rise, but I actually think Wiseman could fall since he doesn't really seem to have a modern center game based on the little I've seen.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

how's uva's recruiting going? i hope that winning a national title would help with that

btw i can watch maryland games without enraging myself these days so i've improved as a person since i was last around here :unsmith:

it helps that we're better than them

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia will be bad again but hey we have Anthony Edwards can't wait to watch him in the NIT

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

oystertoadfish posted:

how's uva's recruiting going? i hope that winning a national title would help with that

btw i can watch maryland games without enraging myself these days so i've improved as a person since i was last around here :unsmith:

Dunno if there's been a big bump from the title just yet—Bennett's never going to land the 5-star lottery candidates. But he's been consistently getting 4s and high 3s rather than the 2s and low 3s he built the program on. And I think a lot of borderline pro prospects will look at this year's draft plus Brogdon and Joe Harris (and maybe Mamadi next year) and see UVA as a place they could develop, if they put the time in.

It helps a lot having Maryland in the Big Ten. Oh, and also that they seem to keep squandering really high-level talent.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

oystertoadfish posted:

Getting a high 4 star today.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also, the bill that would allow college athletes in California to profit off of their brand advanced this morning. Sending it to the governor and forcing the NCAA to make the next move.

https://www.desertsun.com/story/new...ess/1688951001/

quote:

California student-athletes one step closer to getting paid, despite NCAA threat

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State finally getting the bill of goods on paying for Dennis Smith, Jr.

Reading down the Notice of Allegations, it seems like the university has been cooperative, and also that there is broad agreement that it was all under the previous coaching regime, so hopefully most of the hammer drop is on Gottfried and Orlando Early and the program will avoid much in the way of ongoing sanctions.

But then again, knowing how things go with State and the NCAA, I'm expecting it to be full-blown postseason bans, losses of scholarships, and 2 or 3 more decades minimum of wandering in the wilderness.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

It is a mistake to cooperate.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I hop;e when it's Arizona's time they beg Brer Fox not to throw them into the briar patch of vacating the 2018 post season.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

oystertoadfish posted:

Currently have the #40, #60, and #100ish players in the 2020 class. Currently the #1 rated class (other teams will pass us when more players commit, but it's still a top 10-15 class). We're done recruiting this year except maybe a 1 year grad transfer, or after the season if someone transfers out. Will have eight four-star players on the bench in 2020--21. So yeah it's going good.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i feel like a player who commits early is a good player to have, i know i'd rather avoid all the signing day drama if i could. thanks for the info yall

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
about loving time

https://twitter.com/icecube/status/1153324006159765504

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It took them this long? Wow.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1153747431584161792

some nice matchups here.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Mizzou gets to play West Virginia with a real point guard this time!

*knocking on every piece of wood around me*

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh good, a game Texas can actually win

(They won’t win)

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

kentucky in lubbock is something i'll try to watch

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bruce Pearl has plenty of experience whomping on the Cyclones that will serve him well

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm almost ready for them to start scheduling Missouri/Kansas

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

kiimo posted:

I'm almost ready for them to start scheduling Missouri/Kansas

as long as Self's still head coach they will pull every string and call in every favor to make sure that doesn't happen

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Troy Queef posted:

as long as Self's still head coach they will pull every string and call in every favor to make sure that doesn't happen

Self was open to a charity game before the season once though, let me write another article about how accommodating he is and how much money he, personally, raised.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
VT flips 4* SG Joe Bamisile from Northwestern. Top 100 lengthy 2/3 who scores well at all three layers. Mike Young proving me SUPER wrong, dude's recruiting fantastically so far. We're a basketball school now!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Nur_Neerg posted:

VT flips 4* SG Joe Bamisile from Northwestern. Top 100 lengthy 2/3 who scores well at all three layers. Mike Young proving me SUPER wrong, dude's recruiting fantastically so far. We're a basketball school now!

this is the first time anyone else has wanted a northwestern basketball recruit

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/GoCards/status/1156954053462695936?s=20
apparently Chris Mack personally demanded this logo at mid-court, because it reminded him of when he was young and enjoyed watching Never Nervous Pervis Ellison

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
holy gently caress that rules

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That's a dope bird

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I've often wondered why basketball doesn't explore court art more and that rules, hopefully it will encourage more*

*please not like Oregon tho

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Every court should have a giant logo at midcourt

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bring back the Charlotte Hornets’ 90s logo

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
As much as I hate Louisville, I actually kinda like that

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Extremely my poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Troy Queef posted:

apparently Chris Mack personally demanded this logo at mid-court, because it reminded him of when he was young and enjoyed watching Never Nervous Pervis Ellison

:perfect:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Troy Queef posted:

How long until they have to vacate the logo?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Top 50 2020 prospect Cam'Ron Fletcher committed to Kentucky, and let me tell you how much having a dude named Cam'Ron is going to rule.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

Top 50 2020 prospect Cam'Ron Fletcher committed to Kentucky, and let me tell you how much having a dude named Cam'Ron is going to rule.

as a Mizzou fan I am not happy with this one bit

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Troy Queef posted:

as a Mizzou fan I am not happy with this one bit

He's gonna be fighting for minutes on that team behind a bunch of more highly ranked players. Good luck my man

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Sounds like one of Tech's key returning players, Deshawn Corprew, is in deep poo poo with a Title IX investigation. Doubt he plays for Tech (or possibly anywhere) again. He was going to be a starter and could guard the 1-4 at a bulky 6'5". Split bench minutes with Edwards all through the tournament, each getting 4-6 minutes/game.

So Tech will return Edwards and Moretti, everyone else will be either a grad transfer or a freshman (2 RS, the rest true).

They're also trying to get Joel Ntambwe a waiver to play this season. Having Joel on the team is big in relation to his brother Jonathan Kuminga, the top 2021 recruit. Barring an early departure from Ntambwe, they would get to play Kuminga's only season together on the same team as Ntambwe has 3 years eligibility remaining. Kuminga might also reclassify or play overseas. Who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
2020 4-star SG Keon Johnson committed to Tennessee tonight. #1 player in the state, top 35 in the country.