Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

gey muckle mowser posted:

I'm guessing it's something like the brain scan is a replica of their brains and thoughts when they were together, and in order to be unpredictable and stay ahead of the Chronicoms they would need to stay apart and NOT work together for once.

This makes sense. I wonder how they interrogate the digital copies of Fitz and Simmons. If they torture them for information or if they let them live out a simulation where they escaped à la Stark Trek TNG's Moriarty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Something else I saw pointed out:
https://twitter.com/Q82004yousef1/status/1157998508634337280

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

When i saw her do that I was 'wait are they referencing Mulan?"

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.
Sarge's "true form" was some real Clive Barker freakydeaky.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Conclusions posted:

Sarge's "true form" was some real Clive Barker freakydeaky.

Those face fangs were a nice touch. I dug it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Aleph Null posted:

How long did Jemma and Fitz work on things before the rescue at the temple? Years?

I'm wondering this as well. I'm guessing years. It seems a lot has happened between when they ran off with Enoch and when they rescued everybody at the temple. It was kind of a Deus Ex Machina, but the best kind. The way she just casually strolls in there and "May won't die, you're all coming with me, this team will collect evidence, let's board this huge ship and go to the thirties, NBD"

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I caught that too. I wonder how long Ming Na waited to pull that reference

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

Questions:

answers

quote:

How long did Jemma and Fitz work on things before the rescue at the temple? Years?

One assumes so because of her "we have all the time in the world" or whatever she said. I'm sure they cobbled together alien/future tech with Enoch's help once they figured out time travel engines.

quote:

Where are Yo-yo and Flint?

off camera

quote:

Why can't Jemma and Fitz know where the other is?

Already answered I think, but it's so the Chronocons can't use their brain patterns to predict what decisions they'd make.

quote:

Why are they time traveling like it ain't no thang after the lessons from being slung into the future and back? Lessons being: you can end entire timelines and also, you might end up with duplicate husbands.

This time around, they have Enoch's help. He has experience already with time fuckery. Also, Fitz's deterministic outlook on time has been thoroughly disproven so gently caress it go hog wild.

quote:

Why didn't Yo-yo break the handcuffs with her robot arms instead of waiting for Flint to chip away with a rock.

They were chained back-to-back and arm-to-arm by Izel so if she tried she'd break Mack's back.

quote:

What happened to the army of Daisy LMDs?

they got blown up

quote:

Do you think they added in those last four minutes after finding out that they were getting a seventh season?

:iiam:, I'm somewhat sure they got the green light before they started shooting the seasons though

quote:

How did Enoch overpower Isiah?

He took bold action.

quote:

Statements:
Deke was right.

:hai:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
really enjoyed this season.
A couple observations:

When Gemma was pitching "the expert" to Mack and Daisy at the end... as a laugh I kept going "WARD WARD WARD WARD!"

Despite my confusion at all these fear-worlders having actual bodies and poo poo, I actually thought the creature under Coulson's skin suit was legitimately badass looking. Usually TV show "demon/alien humanoids" look kinda dumb. This one looked like some kind of hell raiser demon thing. I dug it.

Gemma stating I can't know where Fitz is and that whole chronicom reveal made me think the tone of what had taken place when they were out of time, preparing, wasn't great? I kept waiting to find out Fitz was like, some kind of consciousness in a AI or something. Dark tones there. Not sure what.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Is this referencing something that I'm not getting? I don't know if I've ever seen Mulan, and if so it was so long that I don't remember, but going purely by the photos this is quite a reach. It's two badass ladies holding swords above their heads and striking a vaguely similar but by no means identical pose.

Edit: Ohhh that makes more sense.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 6, 2019

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

counterfeitsaint posted:

Is this referencing something that I'm not getting? I don't know if I've ever seen Mulan, and if so it was so long that I don't remember, but going purely by the photos this is quite a reach. It's two badass ladies holding swords above their heads and striking a vaguely similar but by no means identical pose.

MNW was Mulan's voice actress.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

MNW was Mulan's voice actress.

Not saying there isn't an intentional reference but am I misremembering or has she made this pose a few times recently?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Feenix posted:

really enjoyed this season.
A couple observations:

When Gemma was pitching "the expert" to Mack and Daisy at the end... as a laugh I kept going "WARD WARD WARD WARD!"

Same.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I thought Ghost Rider was going to be tied up in this somehow. Did we ever find out what the deal Coulson made was?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Phenotype posted:

I thought Ghost Rider was going to be tied up in this somehow. Did we ever find out what the deal Coulson made was?

He was dying, pretty sure the deal was he had to actually die for realties this time

Feenix posted:

Not saying there isn't an intentional reference but am I misremembering or has she made this pose a few times recently?

Pretty sure she has, yeah

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Being possessed by the Spirit of Vengeance burned the GH serum out of Coulson's body, which apparently his body was dependent on after he was treated with.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I tend to see it more as a Chun Li thing than a Mulan thing, but I can't recall whether she got to use a sword in that movie or it's my brain taking shortcuts with martial arts poses.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bruceski posted:

I tend to see it more as a Chun Li thing than a Mulan thing

The Street Fighter movie was in 1994, though.

EDIT:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 7, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

Already answered I think, but it's so the Chronocons can't use their brain patterns to predict what decisions they'd make.

We also know the Chronocons still have access to brain reading tech, so if one of the agents is captured, they could potentially give up the base location if they knew it.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Bruceski posted:

I tend to see it more as a Chun Li thing than a Mulan thing, but I can't recall whether she got to use a sword in that movie or it's my brain taking shortcuts with martial arts poses.

I think last time they had a Chun-Li reference the show was still airing Tuesdays.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A few places are reporting that Atwell is going to be in the final season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Yeah it's been all over reddit the last 2 days i think

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Bunch of overly-analytical writing/continuity/timeline poo poo to follow:

Wonder about the timing of everything. Seems they were about halfway done filming the seventh season when Endgame came out. I'm not in the camp that says they had any lead time about plot developments until they actually saw the movie. So I wonder how they'll adjust to account for some of the things that happened. Do they set those Peggy scenes between the end of the Peggy Carter series and the Cap reunion (for that timeline at least)? Or some other period and leave it ambiguous? i.e. Meet Peggy in the 70s and she alludes to her husband back home somehow being Steve. (Though again, Shield being able to visit that reality still doesn't make much sense with the stated MCU time travel rules, which even the Endgame writers/directors don't agree on).

This is me assuming that Shield is going with an approach that they *will* be affecting the timeline and not creating a new timeline, in so far as they really have no other reason to be time traveling unless it's to adjust time in some way. From the ulterior Living Tribunal/writer aim of essentially altering time enough to pull the series back into mainstream Endgame continuity now that they see the series was in no way connected to the movie MCU any longer.

I guess they could be doing some type of angle where they're going to points in time to stop Chronicom incursions and put things back on track. Though I wonder if we're to assume the alternate timelines created by that get subsumed back into the main reality if they don't change things much. Though to me that creates alternate timelines still, regardless of what the Ancient One said.

Ultimately my guess is they originally planned this plot as a fun "final season jump around to important Shield events as a retrospective" thing. But with Endgame out, they hopefully be able to also use it to adjust events and make some attempt at making the series line up with the MCU again before they wrap everything up.

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 8, 2019

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Rhyno posted:

-Thor 'yeaaah' gif-

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

This is cool

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Maybe they'll get Chris Evans, too.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

nooneofconsequence posted:

Maybe they'll get Chris Evans, too.

I'd like it better if they didn't get Chris, but every shot with Hayley has a tall, muscular man behind her with his head just out frame.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I could care less about Chris, however bring back James D'Arcy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Senerio posted:

That would be Jarvelous.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That would be Jarvelous.

:golfclap:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Senerio posted:

I want her husband to have been Daniel Sousa. I will bare no compromise.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Batmasterson posted:

I'd like it better if they didn't get Chris, but in every shot Hayley has a tail.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
LMD Coulson is going to leave a sketch of the uniform

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Somehow they also managed to give LMD Coulson Ghost Rider powers too.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Great season overall, I'm going to be slightly bummed not watching one this weekend!

I don't know the specifics of the situation, but this season felt like it bounced back from the cost cutting which took place with Season 5. I had been wondering to what extent this would continue to be noticeable in the show's production after all the cheap to film 'gloomy sci-fi corridor' Lighthouse sets used in S5. Season 6 didn't seem so similarly constrained to me and I'd be curious to know whether it was a case of clawing back some budget due to the fact that it has done pretty drat well as a show overall given its circumstances, or if they learned how to make do with what they got in a clever, more experienced, way. They seem to know exactly when to spend the VFX money so that the necessary things are done well.

Looking forward to one last season, especially considering those potentially Jarelvous rumours going around!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I bet they got more money when Disney decided it was a massive sleeper streaming hit instead of a live ratings monster.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jarvis will appear in season 7 and therefore mean that Endgame will have retroactively had an Agents of SHIELD reference in it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Invalid Validation posted:

I bet they got more money when Disney decided it was a massive sleeper streaming hit instead of a live ratings monster.

They also cut the episode count significantly while possibly keeping the same budget.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I feel now more than ever that they are setting up to return the series to the main continuity through this final series of adventures using Monolith Magic(tm). Coulson being an LMD would even allow him to start showing up in the movies again in a "we thought you died?" "He did. I am his Life Model Decoy" followed by a sampling of his LMD-ness (bonus points for 'and this is my team' but likely won't happen). People could accept that but if they follow the series they get one hell of a better ride.

Guesses for season 7:
*"Gemma" will be killed and be found to be an LMD.
*(Real) Gemma and Fitz will either be found when they are old and grey during time travel after having made their LMD selves or hidden themselves away in some obscure point in time while making LMDs and sending them out to do the science and team-wrangling.
*Ward will show up, but only as a flashback using already shot footage.
*Bobbi and Hunter will return, with an option on Deathlock.
*While Agent Carter is already confirmed to return, I suspect this will be the version of her from the 'happily ever after' timeline and Steve will be referenced. Outside shot at a voice line or walk on.
*Similarly, Howard Stark and Jarvis may well show up - even in the same episode.
*Outside chance of a visit to Fury. At the very least they will try to hunt him down and eventually decide its futile cause he's just drat good at not being found.
*We'll see Chronocom-3/4 founded after Enoch starts reclassifying or saving some of them (perhaps getting Noah back?) We may also find that Anthropologists were made more badass than Hunters for a reason. They may all have the same tech, but perhaps being a benevolent science type gives you some secret kickass abilities or, at least, ways to creatively overcome your directives.

And I do hope they'll do a single crossover with a Disney+ show but I feel that's REALLY on the outside of the likeliness bell curve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Comrade Fakename posted:

Jarvis will appear in season 7 and therefore mean that Endgame will have retroactively had an Agents of SHIELD reference in it.

Technically, it already does. In the elevator before Cap steals Loki's scepter, Agent Jasper says they have to get the scepter to Dr. List, who was only in Agents of SHIELD.