Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one of the smackdowns let you stop pinning someone but you would pull them up by their hair so it was obvious what you did. one of my friends didn't know about the animation and used it at the same time as saying "how the hell did you kick out" to my other friend who sucked at the game. i guess he was trying to be nice or make it a better match in some weird way but it was extremely awkward and those two never spoke again since they were not really friends so much as acquaintances who knew eachother through me and played my video games. i don't know if that feature is in 2k or whatever since i don't play those. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It also has a neat feature that lets you "work" a match by willingly release your own pin/hold even if it would've got a 3 count. Great for getting a near fall to boost the match rating. IIRC when pinned you can even delay your own kicking out.

It's also neat how you can elect to take moves, which then boosts your momentum allowing you to come back.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
e: no

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 15, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Make this guy the special enforcer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJzj4DXHYE

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

make moxley and shooter tag against seth and roman

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cain velasquez psycho clown and cody rhodes vs. brock lesnar the fiend and triple h

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

If I was, hypothetically, planning on running a charity Fire Pro stream to try and raise money for RAICES, who would be a good babyface team to fight a team of Trump and Vince McMahon?

I'm thinking the Lucha Bros, but I feel like there's potentially more obvious calls I'm missing.

stone cold steve austin and bobby lashley

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Langston versus Hogan ‘14.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
big video game news

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1158782939712368640

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What I'm getting from this is not expecting 2k20 to be much different (Visual Concepts have already been working with Yukes on the games) but Yukes say they're working on another wrestling game and had been frustrated by what they'd been able to do under 2k, so... hmm.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Maxwell Lord posted:

What I'm getting from this is not expecting 2k20 to be much different (Visual Concepts have already been working with Yukes on the games) but Yukes say they're working on another wrestling game and had been frustrated by what they'd been able to do under 2k, so... hmm.

Does this mean the proud VGCW lineage of #THQuality has come to an end?

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Wont lie this isnt a huge surprise considering they were working on a new IP and this is about the time of year 2k would normally take over development for finishing touches to my knowledge yukes was only still doing what they were doing because the current game engine is basically an evolution of their own smackdown engine, sad seeing the company that has been behind 21 years of wrestling on playstation leave but lets see where it goes

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Maxwell Lord posted:

can't wait for to find out even wrestling games are better when free of WWE

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

can't wait for to find out even wrestling games are better when free of WWE

If they’re smart they’ll take enough time to at least have a good engine. And honestly the lack of brand enforcement will probably do them good.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Yuke's has done alot of wrestling games outside wwe rumble roses and the 2 wrestle kingdom games for ps2 come to mind they have made better games than the smackdown series im hoping this rumored new IP can deliver

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I wonder if they could hook up with Spike Chunsoft and do something like Fire Pro 3D including another NJPW dating sim.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I seem to remember the last 3D Fire Pro games were... Not good. On the other hand, the King of Colosseum games were cool as hell. So maybe it'd work out.
Edit: Not that I've ever played Iron Slam '96 myself. I just heard bad things.

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 6, 2019

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yukes hire MDickie

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Can't wait for Yuke's unchained to make Here Comes The Pain again, the last good WWE wrestling game, only this time they make the game easily e-feddable so I can have some fun with it.

Actually playing wrestling games is so passé.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 6, 2019

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Just give me a yukes NJPW game ffs

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
I hope Yukes eschews the traditional wrestling game Story/Career mode and brings back Revenge Mode.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Steal Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system imo

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Watch Yukes license out their existing engine to the lowest bidder and we get a ROH or Impact game that’s a re-skin of 2k19 like that one ECW game for N64 that was just the pre-THQ WWE game with ECW models.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Visual Concepts taking over for Yukes is that very funny pic of spidermans pointing at each other except i'm not totally convinced VC could even make an average game on their own without 'last year's core' in place

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
is there anything wrong with the NBA 2K games that would be a red flag here? looking over VC's history they've been responsible for some really good poo poo, including NFL 2k5 on the Xbox, but... that might not be reflective of the company they are in 2019

e: like VC once made a football game so good, it basically ended up being football's equivalent to No Mercy and having people respond to every following Madden with "meh 2k5 was better," so this has me a little happier than not, at the moment

but i also don't play the NBA games so if those are butt i'm worried

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 6, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

is there anything wrong with the NBA 2K games that would be a red flag here?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My biggest concern is that with Visual Concepts now (presumably) taking over WWE 2K development for future iterations, they'll probably half-rear end 2K21 because they'll be focused too much on NBA. So I guess there won't actually be much of a change :v:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

so they're janky, then. gotcha.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

is there anything wrong with the NBA 2K games that would be a red flag here? looking over VC's history they've been responsible for some really good poo poo, including NFL 2k5 on the Xbox, but... that might not be reflective of the company they are in 2019

e: like VC once made a football game so good, it basically ended up being football's equivalent to No Mercy and having people respond to every following Madden with "meh 2k5 was better," so this has me a little happier than not, at the moment

Iirc the gameplay is still fine but they're obsessed with Ultimate Team-style cashgrabs on the online multiplayer playerbase to the detriment of almost everything else, including franchise mode.

The difference is that FIFA, NBA2K, probably even Madden still give you a functional competitive multiplayer experience. Are some strategies and player types overpowered? Of course. Does a game between two decent players even superficially look like the real sport? No. Pay to win? gently caress yeah. But the foundation for players to get on and have fun is so far ahead of the WWE games.

A lot of people blame the developers for the bad online, and a lot of the time there's lag they never fix or dumbass unblockable moves they never patch. But I think fundamentally, you aren't going to get a wrestling game that both tries to do the sim stuff and works as a competitive fighter or as a competitive sports game. They'd make more money on WWE All Stars 2.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

yeah they suck rear end and are riddled with microtransactions

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Fat Lowtax posted:

Iirc the gameplay is still fine but they're obsessed with Ultimate Team-style cashgrabs on the online multiplayer playerbase to the detriment of almost everything else, including franchise mode.

The difference is that FIFA, NBA2K, probably even Madden still give you a functional competitive multiplayer experience. Are some strategies and player types overpowered? Of course. Does a game between two decent players even superficially look like the real sport? No. Pay to win? gently caress yeah. But the foundation for players to get on and have fun is so far ahead of the WWE games.

A lot of people blame the developers for the bad online, and a lot of the time there's lag they never fix or dumbass unblockable moves they never patch. But I think fundamentally, you aren't going to get a wrestling game that both tries to do the sim stuff and works as a competitive fighter or as a competitive sports game. They'd make more money on WWE All Stars 2.
If 2K taking the franchise internal, it's going maximum simulation. But probably not in a good GM Mode sort of way

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

If 2K taking the franchise internal, it's going maximum simulation. But probably not in a good GM Mode sort of way

MyCareer story mode written by...Vince Russo?!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
They're gonna carry over the pregame show load screens, Sam Roberts is just the Ernie Johnson model with Doink hair bolted on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2wpIeZDrHE

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah they suck rear end and are riddled with microtransactions

This is not an exaggeration. The NBA2K games are brazen cash grabs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

naughty dog should make a wrestling game.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
It's official. Stardom x Fire Pro World is coming.
https://twitter.com/MayuIwatani/status/1158966850710986752

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Ten wrestlers announced for it: they did some stuff for a SECRET PROJECT that was most probably this that definitely involved seven people (Mayu Iwatani, Arisa Hoshiki, Momo Watanabe, Utami Hayashishita, Starlight Kid, Jungle Kyona and Kagetsu) and I can think of four logical contenders for the three last spots in Hana Kimura, Hazuki, Tam Nakano and Konami. Bit of a shame that its not 12 since then you could have gotten all of them plus AZM for the core Stardom roster but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its still a real nice base roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The full roster will be announced on August 10. It's going to be $19.99, which may be a little much for 10 wrestlers, but if the images of Mayu are an indication, it could easily come with a load of new parts to make it worthwhile.