Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Can confirm the tweet was posted in Abbadon's discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Cryophage posted:

Ironically its his right hand man.

You just know SolDave has a few laws against making what you just made. Hope you like being judged!

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013
I just now noticed that Eris has a third eye in his forehead.

Has that always been there? I thought he just had one of those Red Art gem-thingies, like Maya has.

Unless... those red gems are covering third eyes on every person we've seen wearing them?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It's always been an eye.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

How long before this degenerates into a free for all?

Until the pursuers realize that there's an (allegedly) easier target than Solomon around.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

OhFunny posted:

That ring of fire makes front row seating suck.

And yet, everyone falls for Gog's advertising them as THE HOTTEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE every tournament.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

Huh, for some reason I always mis-read that detail.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Shugojin posted:

And yet, everyone falls for Gog's advertising them as THE HOTTEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE every tournament.

They get burned every time.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Shugojin posted:

Emrikol posted:

They get burned every time.

boo, get off the stage

... what would standup comedy in throne look like

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It'd look a lot like our pal Gog-Agog

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Who What Now posted:

It'd look a lot like our pal Gog-Agog

Her! I love her!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gog agog becoming the ultimate star was inevitable, if only because all the ultimate stars mysteriously became gog

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The punchline to every comedy routine is bursts into worms.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
When all you have is a hammer...

President Ark
May 16, 2010

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1158946912910938114

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
okay time to see what happens when a human gets stuck with a vacus needle

President Ark
May 16, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

okay time to see what happens when a human gets stuck with a vacus needle

probably the same thing that would happen when they got stuck with any other 6-inch long metal needle; i just think in this case it's able to overcome her damage resistance

where was he keeping those needles, though? it almost looks like he's pulling them out of his mouth but they look too long for that

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632?lang=en

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

President Ark posted:

probably the same thing that would happen when they got stuck with any other 6-inch long metal needle; i just think in this case it's able to overcome her damage resistance

given that humans are made of a weak version of the hot black flame i just imagine it hurts a lot

President Ark
May 16, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

given that humans are made of a weak version of the hot black flame i just imagine it hurts a lot

i mean, allison was previously able to shrug off a knife to the eye so they're doing something normal needles wouldn't

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I didn't know I need to see Allison punch herself in the face but now I cannot imagine life without it

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mirror Force should be put on the ban list and never taken off.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

Mirror Force should be put on the ban list and never taken off.

unfortunately Alison didn’t read the patch notes when Furious Dumbassery was nerfed.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

President Ark posted:

where was he keeping those needles, though? it almost looks like he's pulling them out of his mouth but they look too long for that

The panel before that, he looks like he's reaching into his robe, so I think he just pulled some out of there and is now holding some in his mouth.

Tangent, wasn't Eris Lo-Kai's skin a bit darker in his earlier appearances? Or was it just the lighting in those scenes? (Also before his name was spelled "Eris-Lo Kai", so the dash wandered a bit.)

kwokkie
Jan 19, 2011

Being a dumbass is the best form of defence.
Shouldn't her fist be mirrored with her thumb on the other side?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I guess Eris-Lo-Kai doesn't know fist arts.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

kwokkie posted:

Shouldn't her fist be mirrored with her thumb on the other side?

No, it's the right way round. That's a portal, not a mirror.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

perhaps literally shouting how you're going to punch a magical murderhobo is a bad idea

allison should just headbutt him imo

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

No, it's the right way round. That's a portal, not a mirror.

It's a magical artifact that's both a mirror and a portal. The important thing to note is the word "magical", so don't think too hard about it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Hate it when I punch myself in the face because of magical portal bullshit.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

What would Eris Lo-Kai even look like with a Key of Kings, he already has a weird eye there

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

ThaumPenguin posted:

What would Eris Lo-Kai even look like with a Key of Kings, he already has a weird eye there
Probably he'd get some sort of Eye of Sauron effect going on, which is frankly a good enough reason to get a Key even if you don't want it for bullshit powers.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ThaumPenguin posted:

eyepatch my man

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The third eyes would constantly shoot laser beams like x-man Cyclops

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

ThaumPenguin posted:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThaumPenguin posted:

Glass third eye.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

The panel before that, he looks like he's reaching into his robe, so I think he just pulled some out of there and is now holding some in his mouth.

Tangent, wasn't Eris Lo-Kai's skin a bit darker in his earlier appearances? Or was it just the lighting in those scenes? (Also before his name was spelled "Eris-Lo Kai", so the dash wandered a bit.)

it's mainly the lighting, those dual suns give everything in these scene a more pastel look

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Went looking for Vacus Needle lore, and found this (which was a quote from much earlier in the thread during Juggernaut's entry to Mottom's palace)

quote:

How often does 6 Juggernaut Star actually use those pliers?

Very seldom. I imagine it’s dangerous business for angels or devils to touch those needles (they’re called Vacus needles), since a prick can be very inconvenient for them. They’re only handled directly by the foolhardy (Delicious), the extremely dogmatic (the angel that held the needle they banished White Chain with), or those that are not affected by them, such as humans or servants.

So it makes sense for Eris Lo-Kai to carry some (especially since Vatra seem to use a lot of tools/magic gizmos and the needles are pretty rare, having anti-Angel/Devil projectiles seems useful), but I wonder what hoodoo extra he's using on Allison?

Watch it be 0 magic (other than being robust enough to get through her damage resistance) and just Tactical Acupuncture, the best kung-fu technique.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Interesting! I figure he was probably carrying then in case he was up against an angel or devil, and he might just using it as a purely offensive thrown weapon against Allison (as Delicious was doing with the rest of her needles while escaping with Allison). Obviously by nature of what they are, they're tough enough to get through her defenses alone. But yeah, he might have enchanted them in some other way too...!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

maybe he's just an old meanie who's throwing sharp things. that's dangerous enough without involving magic!