Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i say swears online posted:

i went on an easy hike with a local antifa group and one person came strapped, in combat boots. they collapsed three miles in and had to be goaded for the rest of it, cutting the whole event maybe 5 miles short. they're the anime appraiser tweet irl

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I thought you were supposed to do a lighter, sporty type sock under the heavier boot sock to avoid blisters

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's probably better but I've never got blisters with the two pair method using the same kind

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/marxconsiders/status/1158591345092636672?s=19

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lowtax’s failure to capitalize on the burgeoning anime community on this very website led to the development of alternative and lawless anonymous sites which were the perfect incubators for a nihilistic rightwing movement. it may be that lowtax inadvertently had no small part in bringing about the apocalypse

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
going back in time to assassinate baby lowtax instead of baby hitler

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

smarxist posted:

going back in time to assassinate baby lowtax instead of baby hitler

"Did you do it?"

"Yes"

"What did it cost?"

:10bux:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah not to sound transphobic or whatever but i dont think it's ever going to be normalized to announce your pronouns. i DO think it's normal to correct people but maybe that's because I was briefly pretty feminine looking as a pre teen thanks to my luscious auburn locks

nah, you're not, but it's worthy and worthwhile to try and normalize it in the very least

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dreddout posted:

"Did you do it?"

"Yes"

"What did it cost?"

:10bux:

https://youtu.be/D0WnZyxp_Wo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/historic_ly/status/1158998656852398080

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
he did say

tho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1159075479594393601?s=20

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

THS posted:

lowtax’s failure to capitalize on the burgeoning anime community on this very website led to the development of alternative and lawless anonymous sites which were the perfect incubators for a nihilistic rightwing movement. it may be that lowtax inadvertently had no small part in bringing about the apocalypse

I don’t think it was his failure to capitalize; it was certainly his effective oversight of cultural moderation that drove the worst elements to alternative sites however.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Really, it's our own fault for leaving the alternative communities be and letting them take root instead of helldumping everyone who tried creating one.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

THS posted:

if you've got archives I recommend poking around ADTRW when 4chan was created because :yikes:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

All this talk over more than a decade and I dont think I've ever tried to go to these sites or can even think of their urls. Pretty much the same reason I dont click play on violence or disaster videos

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
/leftypol/ keeps inventing new slur words for americans which is pretty funny and a reason to look at it once and a while

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

/leftypol/ keeps inventing new slur words for americans which is pretty funny and a reason to look at it once and a while

the best one i've seen was "clapistani faith healer"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/PSTUdoB/status/1159261226964267013

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

really stacking the deck with the marx table. engels and lenin close second

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
where's Mao

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
lol at bakunin sitting alone

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Finicums Wake posted:

lol at bakunin sitting alone

eating alone at his desk: Karl Kautsky

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
just discovered that there is a shortstop in the baltimore orioles' minor league system named Engelb Stalin Vielma

red salute

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The immoral science of englesism-stalinism

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I started on Richard Rhodes's Arsenal of Folly based on a recommendation from the NYT thread a week ago, and the first chapter was about Chernobyl which was a pretty okay overview of the event, and I was especially impressed with how much manpower and industrial power the USSR was able to marshal at a moment's notice, provided they actually came to a decision.

And then the second chapter started using Robert Conquest as a source for the pre-Cold War history of the Soviet Union and I turned it off after the dozenth reference to "genocidal" dekulakization.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I really love soviet propaganda posters.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I really love soviet propaganda posters.

that's the best one

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm partial to

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
soviet graphic design, and art in general (at least during certain periods) is amazing. i think this will always be my fave tho

text: there is no god

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm kind of a soviet flower textile guy

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/drposhlost/status/1160308933308715008

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

no just a poor sadistic pedophile

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

stalin was aware of what beria was doing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

stalin was aware of what beria was doing

and was also a pedophile

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

nonetheless the point is there wasn’t a whole ring of pedophiles running the Soviet Union

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

France comes out smelling like roses with a president who’s a reverse pedophile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pre-space age propaganda is better than post