Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

AnEdgelord posted:

Why would we want them to change something thats working perfectly fine, especially to a system that already failed catastrophically and the entire community begged them to get rid of?

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think there may have been something about these past two years that have made them feel longer than any other 2-year period in Magic's lifetime

2018 was the longest year on record, fact.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Sorry, I've heard too many people say that unironically

Also I'd just like to say that I'm impressed with the new commander decks so far, it helps that I love all of their themes but I have yet to see a new card preview that I didn't like on some level even.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I agree about standard being lackluster. It’s too bad scapeshift caught on, cause that deck was fun to play. It’s a shame that red decks and small teferi exist, or else bant pod would be cool to play.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Honestly I would not mind little teferi and wilderness rec getting banned.

And it's not bad for standard to have bans, it means they're printing powerful stuff and taking risks.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Panzeh posted:

Honestly I would not mind little teferi and wilderness rec getting banned.

And it's not bad for standard to have bans, it means they're printing powerful stuff and taking risks.

I don't have the studies, but Wizards does, and I'm willing to bet that having cards banned degrades consumer confidence much more than having cards people complain about on Reddit... so long as those cards aren't completely warping a metagame. And Bant Scapeshift is nowhere near that level, plus we're in lame duck Standard season.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao, holders of millions of dollars of 25-year-old cardboard have their investment guaranteed by Hasbro at the expense of the health of the game, so now they're trying everything they can to kill (the rest of) tournament paper Magic for reasons! x'D

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

LifeLynx posted:

I don't have the studies, but Wizards does, and I'm willing to bet that having cards banned degrades consumer confidence much more than having cards people complain about on Reddit...
Well, Kaladesh standard is linked to a spiral (heh) downward in attendance though that trend was started in the brilliant age of Mardu Blue where people balked at standard decks racing toward then Modern prices. Whether or not that's linked to the rash of bannings, or the poo poo format, or people afraid to buy in after the double whammy of a massive cost hike followed by more than halving the average cost of the format... A hard to pull apart saga of decline anyway.

I would appreciate if someone could come up with a "lore win" pun to put in there. I only made this post to make puns but I can't think of one. Thanks.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

80s James Hetfield posted:

jesus christ standard is so bad right now, 8 out of 12 matches in the diamond queue is bant scapeshift grognards

Why are they grognards for playing the best deck in Standard in a pretty competitive environment?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Jeskai Flashback decklist has been posted

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/decks-commander-2019-edition-2019-08-06

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

80s James Hetfield posted:

jesus christ standard is so bad right now, 8 out of 12 matches in the diamond queue is bant scapeshift grognards

Yep, scapeshift is surprisingly oppressive right now. You can't run fair decks because nothing beats 2-4 zombie tokens every land drop or scapeshifting into 80 power on board.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Just make a Teferi Emblem and eat their lands. Post-board, play Ashioks. I think I've lost 1 match to the deck with regular Esper control and it was because their out was to draw Growth Spiral into Scapeshift and obviously they drew it, followed by me missing on my 4 outs or my ~7-10 cards that gave me another turn in 3 draws plus an Azcanta activation.

But yeah it's really stupid and unfun either way.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 7, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
True-ish name nemesis

https://twitter.com/MTGGoldfish/status/1159018129508458496

typo: reminder text should say "this permanent"

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

This design is cool as gently caress.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

smertrioslol posted:

This design is cool as gently caress.

Definitely agree. Shame it doesn't have a way to sacrifice itself.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

ilmucche posted:

Definitely agree. Shame it doesn't have a way to sacrifice itself.

Then it wouldn't be as forebodingly doomed.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
It's a cool design but doesn't seem very powerful on first look. One of the token doubler enchantments will probably be in the deck.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

WarEternal posted:

It's a cool design but doesn't seem very powerful on first look. One of the token doubler enchantments will probably be in the deck.

Once he dies the sculptures can attack.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

There also has to be SOME card that can just shapeshift them?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Once he dies the sculptures can attack.

Right, but he's a 1/1 for 3 that has to make it to end step to even make another 1/1.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Surprised this wasn't posted yet.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Count Bleck posted:

And this is in the populate deck yeah? seems kinda odd

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I like it a lot, I just wish he had Haste.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Is this supposed to be Tezzeret?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Pulcinella posted:

No, Tezzeret is Jamaican. You can tell because he has a weird robot arm thing.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Pulcinella posted:

I was like "man, that seems like a real reach" and then I noticed his arm and...

...well, it still doesn't seem likely unless they're retconning his background or this is completely wrong, but it's a heck of a coincidence.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ShaneB posted:

Whoa divine visitation. I don't play commander so stop trying to get me to make my lovely token deck even shittier.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

ShaneB posted:

But if you have a bunch of sculptures and change all of their types to something other than Sculpture, they'll all die? they would end up as like a 0/0 Merfolk with “This creature’s power and toughness are each equal to the number of Sculptures you control”.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Cactrot posted:

But if you have a bunch of sculptures and change all of their types to something other than Sculpture, they'll all die? they would end up as like a 0/0 Merfolk with “This creature’s power and toughness are each equal to the number of Sculptures you control”.

this is why i don't play EDH

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

That's a spicy meatball.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Green Eggs and Ham deck

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Is there anything like Conspiracy in Naya colors?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

WarEternal posted:

Is there anything like Conspiracy in Naya colors?

No, but it does have access to some of the better changelings.

Specifically, Mirror Entity.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cactrot posted:

I think divine visitation gets around this since the token is entirely replaced.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Tectonic Hellion

https://twitter.com/CubeApril/status/1159125002895208449

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Count Bleck posted: