Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Jestery posted:

I'm not sure if this counts but

The Mummy's screen writer and director also directed GI:Joe

Gi Joe has Frasier, imhoptep and the dude with the fez in it

Clearly a case of Holly wood nepotism

Fixed. Both movies were directed by Stephen Sommers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Eh! Frank posted:

Fixed. Both movies were directed by Stephen Sommers

Ahh, well there you go

Still, I just happened to watch both movies one after the other and it was a welcome "suprise"?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Guys. Guys check out this subtle moment for Into the Spiderverse

https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetai...tm_source=share

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jestery posted:

Ahh, well there you go

Still, I just happened to watch both movies one after the other and it was a welcome "suprise"?

Kevin J O'Connor's Stephen Sommers films: Deep Rising, The Mummy, Van Helsing, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
Arnold Vosloo's Stephen Sommers flies: The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, Odd Thomas

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Len posted:

A subtle moment in Jurassic Park is that Nedry is not trying to secure the Park's network. In fact he's trying to steal dinosaur embryos.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Len posted:

This doesn’t even work because Gwen Stacy is one of the spider-people pulled.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This doesn’t even work because Gwen Stacy is one of the spider-people pulled.

Obviously being bitten by a radioactive spider changes your DNA.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Basebf555 posted:

It's this

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Basebf555 posted:

What about Spider-Ham, then?!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

10 Beers posted:

What about Spider-Ham, then?!

He was already filled with spider DNA (with a light smattering of radioactive pork)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The beam tracked the spider DNA not the Peter DNA.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Basebf555 posted:

Peni Parker wasn't bitten.

Though there is a radioactive spider that shares a psychic link with her.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Peni Parker wasn't bitten.

Though there is a radioactive spider that shares a psychic link with her.

There you go, it bit her psychically

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
But have you also considered that being bitten by a radioactive spider wouldn't actually give you super powers at all?

:colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

But have you also considered that being bitten by a radioactive spider wouldn't actually give you super powers at all?

:colbert:

Of course not, he gets his powers from being the mythical cosmic spider totem.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Len posted:

Glad this thread doesn't have posts like this

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

EmmyOk posted:

Glad this thread doesn't have posts like this

now youve done it!!! :argh:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
If it’s spider DNA Brooklyn should have been swarmed with an infinite multiverses’ supply of radioactive spiders.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Krispy Wafer posted:

If it’s spider DNA Brooklyn should have been swarmed with an infinite multiverses’ supply of radioactive spiders.

I like to think all the buildings getting warped/mashed together when the collider is running is trillion strong spider colonies living in high rises causing whole city blocks to hop-along-jump dimensions on the backs of our eight legged friends.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Krispy Wafer posted:

It's not spider DNA, it's Spiderperson DNA. Which is different from just regular radioactive spider DNA or regular human DNA.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Experiments were in Brooklyn.

Also that exchange reminded me of something else that my idiot self completely missed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHzlZ8wEME

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'd have loved if Spidersman had made an appearance.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm just hoping against hope that Spiderverse 2 includes Italian Spiderman and Leopardon, but for reals.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Spider-Man Far From Home is as close to Italian Spider-Man as we're gonna get

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watching Dunkirk and I feel dumb. There's one soldier on the beach that the others accuse of being a German spy, only for him to be revealed as a Frenchman who stole a British uniform to flee the beach.
The film is divided into three parts: The Sky, The Water, and The Mole (meaning the long pier for lower drafting ships). Also a Mole as in spy.
Double meanings and I'm a dumbass for missing it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Arcsquad12 posted:

Watching Dunkirk and I feel dumb. There's one soldier on the beach that the others accuse of being a German spy, only for him to be revealed as a Frenchman who stole a British uniform to flee the beach.
The film is divided into three parts: The Sky, The Water, and The Mole (meaning the long pier for lower drafting ships). Also a Mole as in spy.
Double meanings and I'm a dumbass for missing it.

So what are the Sky & Water double meanings for?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Krankenstyle posted:

So what are the Sky & Water double meanings for?

Various states of water, obvs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Arcsquad12 posted:

Various states of water, obvs.

the sky isnt water :argh: (only in scandinavian)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fun one from the Amazon TV series The Boys. One of the characters The Deep, has a scene where he is doing an ad for an environmental clean up campaign. Then later in the episode there's a scene of him at a gas station where he's filling up a Hummer.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

muscles like this! posted:

Fun one from the Amazon TV series The Boys. One of the characters The Deep, has a scene where he is doing an ad for an environmental clean up campaign. Then later in the episode there's a scene of him at a gas station where he's filling up a Hummer.

We know from the very first episode that the deep likes hummers tho

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I have two involving uncontrolled fires. In Blazing Saddles Jim shoots all the guns out of Taggart's posse so fast it looks like he hasn't moved. The next scene when he's getting high fives from all the rail workers you can see his pants are catching fire.

In Fellowship of the Ring when Merry and Pippin set off the dragon firework it clips a tent before detonating over the pond, and while everyone starts cheering, the tent starts burning out of control but nobody notices or cares.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
not a movie, but a video game. i noticed in majoras mask, link waves when the great fairy is going back into the fountain. its adorable though because you dont really see link act like a kid in zelda very often and going "goodbye big lady!" is 100% something a kid would do

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Arcsquad12 posted:

I have two involving uncontrolled fires. In Blazing Saddles Jim shoots all the guns out of Taggart's posse so fast it looks like he hasn't moved. The next scene when he's getting high fives from all the rail workers you can see his pants are catching fire.

Thats the smoke from his gun barrels. And it's gone the scene after that.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Kanine posted:

not a movie, but a video game. i noticed in majoras mask, link waves when the great fairy is going back into the fountain. its adorable though because you dont really see link act like a kid in zelda very often and going "goodbye big lady!" is 100% something a kid would do

Gonna hear Link as Mindy from Animaniacs forever now

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've been on fire before and it wasn't at all subtle.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Unmature posted:

Gonna hear Link as Mindy from Animaniacs forever now

Mindy would definitelly wreck some pottery.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I've been on fire before and it wasn't at all subtle.

You caught on fire wrong

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
No so much subtle, but I just watched The Man Who Laughs and wow that actor is expressive as gently caress. Also it's interesting how I percieved it because I was expecting a kind of Phantom of the Opera or Hunchback of Notre Dame feel, but it's actually a really positive and uplifting movie. Midway through I was crying tears of joy for the characters, which never happens. I totally bought into the romance. It's got a lot of great lines too, like "A queen may have made me a lord, but first God made me a MAN!" when he is resisting her order to marry the duchess.

I had a flawed perception of it going in because of things like the main character being the inspiration for The Joker, and descriptions of him being creepy looking. It made me think he was a movie monster, but he's just a swashbuckling hero and a very sweet man who has all the friends.

For actually subtle I like that his colleagues don't tiptoe around him, they have enough respect for him to banter about his disfigurement without getting mean, like a moment where one of the other clowns is taking off his costume, looks at him and just says "Lucky you, you don't have to wipe your smile off after the show is over..."

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Aug 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

BioEnchanted posted:

No so much subtle, but I just watched The Man Who Laughs and wow that actor is expressive as gently caress.
That was Conrad Veidt, who you may also know was Cesare in Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Major Strasser in Casablanca.

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 05:54 on Aug 13, 2019