Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

A newly hatched velociraptor (colorized)

More here: https://imgur.com/a/2YM6RZO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DarkHorse posted:

A newly hatched velociraptor (colorized)

More here: https://imgur.com/a/2YM6RZO

Greyhounds

uh

uh

Find a way

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

Enjoying some sun

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

blep :3:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

not my dog but my cousins! this is Suzy, she's an ex racer who was left outside the dog rescue we volunteered at with a note in her collar with her name and saying she was 8 years old. We took her for her first walk after joining the shelter family and my cousin fell head over heels in love with her and adopted her a week later!

She's not actually 8, she was 5 when she was brought in but the vet at the track assumed she was older because of her arthritis. Gone are her racing days though and now she spends her time rolling around in grass, sleeping and meeting lots of other dogs thanks to my cousins dogwalking business!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Faerie Fortune posted:

not my dog but my cousins! this is Suzy, she's an ex racer who was left outside the dog rescue we volunteered at with a note in her collar with her name and saying she was 8 years old. We took her for her first walk after joining the shelter family and my cousin fell head over heels in love with her and adopted her a week later!

She's not actually 8, she was 5 when she was brought in but the vet at the track assumed she was older because of her arthritis. Gone are her racing days though and now she spends her time rolling around in grass, sleeping and meeting lots of other dogs thanks to my cousins dogwalking business!

Aww, well at least Suzy found a loving home! :3: Hopefully her arthritis isn't causing her any/much grief, though

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Hey, sorry to say but we put Cairo down at home last weekend bc she had osteosarcoma and declined really quickly
Here are some pictures i took of her a couple days before she went

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sorry to hear about Cairo!!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, that's terrible news! I'm so sorry to hear it :(

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm so sorry for your loss! :( Were there any warning signs? I often worry Sparty might get something, they're such stupid fragile idiots.

I'd also love any Cairo stories you'd like to share

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm not crying you're crying :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ7f_cM7IYs

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oh boy i was not ready for that

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that is very moving

Abby would've eaten the cat, squirrel and rabbit tho

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That neck is like 50% too short.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

DarkHorse posted:

I'm so sorry for your loss! :( Were there any warning signs? I often worry Sparty might get something, they're such stupid fragile idiots.

I'd also love any Cairo stories you'd like to share

She developed a limp kind of suddenly, at first we thought she had strained a muscle at doggy daycare but then it kept getting worse until she was just dragging her leg around like it was a piece of wood.
We had gotten x-rays done to see if she had a muscle tear or anything, somehow we and the tech completely overlooked the bone cancer that was chewing up the top of her leg. We just were looking at the wrong parts of the image i guess.

She was SUCH a spoiled princess, obstinate as gently caress, and incredibly stoic. She never complained except for right near the end when the pain got unbearable.

She used to get fixated on going a certain direction during walks and would just plant her feet and refuse to go until you gave in to her

The last picture there is a calendar my dad made out of pictures of the dogs bc he's addicted to his camera, Cairo is always the blurry chaos blob.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Aww Cairo, baby...

I’m so sorry, I got all geared up just thinking about her. You gave her a good life. I love the goofy action shots!

it was like that with Union too, just started with a limp and after a week of loxicom not working they did an x Ray.

Argh I am starting to cry just thinking about losing these sweet doggies.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sounds like a very good dog imo

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Thanks for sharing your stories, Cairo sounds like a character and I love the action shots

I watch Spartacus like a hawk for a limp, the frustrating thing is he's a baby about his feet and limps for a few seconds because he got a speck of dirt between his toes, yelling his head off like he's dying.

And then somehow rubs the sides of toes raw without complaint and we don't notice until he's licking them obsessively as he's lazing in his chair.

Dog you don't make no sense.

spoon daddy
Aug 11, 2004
Who's your daddy?
College Slice
Cairo sounds like my girl before she passed last year. Could never get her to do anything she didn't want to do and she too was stoic. She too had her cancer come on suddenly in just a matter of weeks. It's just so shocking and frustrating. I'm still feeling it.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Cairo sounds like she was a great dog, bone cancer sounds so loving scary. :(

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Thank you folks, it's really nice to share with people that understand :kiddo:

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
So sorry for your loss :(

Here’s a photo of Barley.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I am enjoying that hot dog

Abby is slipping a bit but is still doing well overall. Still some joint issues, and needing to go the bathroom a bit more often, but otherwise fine. Just enjoying the time we have.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

actionjackson posted:

I am enjoying that hot dog

Abby is slipping a bit but is still doing well overall. Still some joint issues, and needing to go the bathroom a bit more often, but otherwise fine. Just enjoying the time we have.

It’s so nice to see these updates from you and Abby. She is such a sweet girl and you’re a good dog-dad.

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 9, 2019

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
I love that sweet noodle

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thank you friends

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
I like his little kangaroo feet

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/jesus_wep/status/1160476103976374274

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Good job Bonnie! Such talented longdogs

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Abby is upset with me because yesterday I had to give her her yearly bath. And I cleaned out her ears. She had trouble standing even on the antislip mat. But now she seems to be okay and also smells like oatmeal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i've never given bonnie a bath. we got a real big shower put in this year so i don't have any excuses really

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I just went to a place where you can do a self-service wash.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Gannon just soaks in the lake. He comes out dirty but it's new dirt at least. If he gets real bad he gets the hose and is angry with me for like a week.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Just reminding everyone that August 22 is the feast day of St. Guinefort, the greyhound who became a folk saint. Pretty sure that your dogs would like a hamburger. Also, the 26th is International Dog Day!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The 26th is also the day I adopted Abby in a strange coincidence

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Just reminding everyone that August 22 is the feast day of St. Guinefort, the greyhound who became a folk saint. Pretty sure that your dogs would like a hamburger. Also, the 26th is International Dog Day!

Aw, August 22 is Wren's birthday.
She's gonna be six this year!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/meetissai/status/1163047454587047936?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my gf did a sketch of bonnie. she stayed real still the whole time :)

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

I took josie to an RSPCA charity dog event in the park yesterday and we saw another greyhound who looked really really exactly like Josie. Even knowing that a lot of black greyhounds just look the same anyway. Same posture, ears, composure, and almost exact markings except their white chest flares.

Both girls are 5 years old.
Both girls came from Ireland.
Both girls raced at the same track.
Both girls adopted out through the same agency.
Both girls have a “June twenty-somethingth” birthday.
Both girls had racing names of Bedrock [something].

We looked on greyhound data and it turns out they are litter mates! We ran into Josie’s sister (Betty). :3:

Even more exciting, Betty has the same lupus nail condition!! Hers is under control so I got her vet info and I’m going to give it to my vet. I hope it helps get Josie’s better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Whoa, that's so cool! What are the odds? Did they seem to recognize each other?