Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What a worthless piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bulletsponge13 posted:

What the gently caress happening in America?

Ze vaderland must be defended!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

bulletsponge13 posted:

If that dude did that to my son, I would be in prison. No hyperbole, that is a threat to my kid's life.

No, you're perfectly within your rights to beat him to death on the spot.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Chichevache posted:

No, you're perfectly within your rights to beat him to death on the spot.

Sir this is America we have guns to protect our children

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
This is a good read:

We hired the author of 'Black Hawk Down' and an illustrator from 'Archer' to adapt the Mueller report so you'll actually read it.

quote:

It feels as if nobody read the Mueller report. That's a shame, because it's an important document, depicting possible crimes by a sitting US president.

But not reading it makes sense. As a narrative, the document is a disaster. And at 448 pages, it's too long to grind through. For long stretches, it reads less like a story and more like a terms-of-service agreement. The instinct to click "next" is strong.

And yet, buried within the Mueller report, there is a narrative that reads in parts like a thriller, like a comedy, like a tragedy — and, most important — like an indictment. The facts are compelling, all the more so because they come not from President Donald Trump's critics or "fake news" reports, but from Trump's own handpicked colleagues and associates. The story just needed to be rearranged in a better form.

So we hired Mark Bowden, a journalist and author known for his brilliant works of narrative nonfiction like "Black Hawk Down," "Killing Pablo," and "Hue 1968."

Our assignment for him was simple. Use the interviews and facts laid out in the Mueller report (plus those from reliable, fact-checked sources and published firsthand accounts) to do what he does best: Tell a story recounting Mueller's report that's so gripping it will hold your attention (and maybe your congressional representative's).

We also hired Chad Hurd, an illustrator from the art department of "Archer." We asked him to draw out scenes from the report to bring them to life.

Here's what Bowden and Hurd gave us …

Edit: Whoops, this was published in July.

"If you haven't seen it, then it's new to you!"

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 7, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Sir this is America we have guns to protect our children

Or shoot them. Go with what you feel

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

For Montana this is kind of sad. The father should have emptied a magazine into the dude. You don’t suplex kids.
So much for concealed carry if not one bystander defended the life of the kid.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

brain worms artist back on point

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not sure if I'd beat him, stab him, or shoot him- dealer's choice- but he isn't leaving without a stretcher or a loving Body Bag.
We all know drat well he wouldn't do that to a grown man. gently caress.
I hope he gets the living piss beat out of him in jail. I know I shouldn't, but all I could think was about how horrid that would be to see as a parent.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
ahaha holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/NickVinZant/status/1158936728557633537?s=19

Hard to pick my favorite part of the video, either the guy in the green shirt or "You're in direct violation of being a jackass"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm the fake tits

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Guy in the green shirt is now my top choice for the Democratic nominee for president.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Acebuckeye13 posted:

"You're in direct violation of being a jackass"

This is my vote. loving sick to death of giving that kind of bullshit the veneer of seriousness that even comes from stuff like "fact checking" and "reasonable debate". No, gently caress that, the assumption of good faith has been well and truly abused and destroyed. "You're a jackass, let the adults talk now" is perfect.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

bulletsponge13 posted:

If that dude did that to my son, I would be in prison. No hyperbole, that is a threat to my kid's life.

Ownin da libz

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm not sure if I'd beat him, stab him, or shoot him- dealer's choice- but he isn't leaving without a stretcher or a loving Body Bag.
We all know drat well he wouldn't do that to a grown man. gently caress.
I hope he gets the living piss beat out of him in jail. I know I shouldn't, but all I could think was about how horrid that would be to see as a parent.

You carry a gun and a knife?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'm the fake tits

You're a weirdo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/puerto-rico-supreme-court-overturns-pedro-pierluisi-as-governor-today-2019-08-07/

loving LOL

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

ahaha holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/NickVinZant/status/1158936728557633537?s=19

Hard to pick my favorite part of the video, either the guy in the green shirt or "You're in direct violation of being a jackass"

From that thread: the council was legally required to hold the vote, and those two did not speak during the time for public comment. It's like a little baby Laura Loomer.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

It's worth noting that he apparently pointed a gun at and threatened some people a few years ago, and got a suspended sentence for that assault. And the judge let him go without bail after this latest incident.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/07/former-defense-secretary-james-mattis-returns-to-general-dynamics-board.html

Everything old is new again

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Let's not forget Mad Dog was also on the board of Theranos before he was SecDef as well. I love the guy, but gently caress there's no great way to explain that.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's worth noting that he apparently pointed a gun at and threatened some people a few years ago, and got a suspended sentence for that assault. And the judge let him go without bail after this latest incident.

While the article says he "was scheduled to be released on his own recognizance on Tuesday" I haven't seen any other accounts corroborating that. AP said that "Brockway’s attorney was working Tuesday to recommend conditions that might allow Brockway be released without posting bond." Which is both more plausible and shows where the confusion might have crept in.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
BTW, POTUS’s campaign still owes El Paso about half a million dollars but there’s probably no way to force them to pay.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/06/politics/trump-campaign-el-paso-debt/index.html

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I like how his people say "Obama didn't pay for stuff either" because ofc. Cant not hit that beat

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Handsome Ralph posted:

This but Beto.

Run for senate Beto.

Sema Hernandez is a better candidate than Robert.

Chinga la migra.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Crakkerjakk posted:

Chinga la migra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMfYNqJgO8Y

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMfYNqJgO8Y

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

joat mon posted:

While the article says he "was scheduled to be released on his own recognizance on Tuesday" I haven't seen any other accounts corroborating that. AP said that "Brockway’s attorney was working Tuesday to recommend conditions that might allow Brockway be released without posting bond." Which is both more plausible and shows where the confusion might have crept in.

This is a couple days old, but:

https://www.kpax.com/man-accused-of-assaulting-child-at-mineral-county-fairgrounds

quote:

The state requested his bond be set to $100,000, however the judge ruled Brockway can be released on his own recognizance. Brockway had not been released as of 5 p.m. on Monday.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lmao just going to assume that’s real

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

thetechnoloser posted:

Let's not forget Mad Dog was also on the board of Theranos before he was SecDef as well. I love the guy, but gently caress there's no great way to explain that.

"He was duped like everyone else that wanted it to be true and also wanted to make money." It may not be a great explanation, but I think it covers everything.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

"Little rapscallion deserved it for not respecting his country" - Some old gently caress

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

And he's not showing up on the [e:big county next door's] county jail roster...
And they've got a huge number of people in jail for such a small county.
And their other bonds run on the high side.
Something is screwy.

e: I have the dumb.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 7, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ahahahahaha that county's jail has been closed since March because literally no one is willing to work there for $11/hr

https://missoulian.com/news/state-a...122f6fbd71.html

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Defenestrategy posted:

"Little rapscallion deserved it for not respecting his country" - Some old gently caress

The fox News Facebook post about the incident has a looooooot of that. And they're not all old.

It's... disturbing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol: the mayor quit as jail administrator because he would have been required to do radio dispatch.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

ahahahahaha that county's jail has been closed since March because literally no one is willing to work there for $11/hr

https://missoulian.com/news/state-a...122f6fbd71.html

that article is just :staredog:

“Donahue and county commissioners worry that increasing the pay for jailers or the jail administrator will undermine Sheriff Mike Boone and his deputies. “

oh, undermine it more than having everyone quit so there is no jail for them to use?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I bet that county is real big on unregulated free market supply and demand economics though!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The fox News Facebook post about the incident has a looooooot of that. And they're not all old.

It's... disturbing.

It's because it's what they believe. They're terrible people across the board

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

pmchem posted:

I bet that county is real big on unregulated free market supply and demand economics though!

To be fair, there's only like 4000 people in the county.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pmchem posted:

with only 66.6% of voters pulling the trump lever in 2016, it's one of the bluer areas of MT