Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

RatHat posted:

Looks like nearly every npc and boss in the game has full battle sounds recorded(including emotes) except for Blackbolt, Medusa, Valkyrie, and Cosmo. These are probably for if they ever decide to make these characters playable in the future, and most will probably never see the light of day, but it gives me hope for post release content beyond the announced DLC packs.

If I can get Sandman, Electro, Mysterio, and Kingpin, I would be so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

RatHat posted:

Looks like nearly every npc and boss in the game has full battle sounds recorded(including emotes) except for Blackbolt, Medusa, Valkyrie, and Cosmo. These are probably for if they ever decide to make these characters playable in the future, and most will probably never see the light of day, but it gives me hope for post release content beyond the announced DLC packs.

I would hope that Blackagar Boltagon doesn't have combat voices.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Senerio posted:

I would hope that Blackagar Boltagon doesn't have combat voices.

I know this isn't a fresh take but every time I see that name I'm just stunned all over again by how goddamn dumb it is, I love it

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I watched one of those character/voice actor youtube videos and I think it's funny that they bothered crediting someone for Black Bolt.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Storm is p good
https://twitter.com/i/status/1157022056484970496

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I think the interior section of the x Mansion is the best stretch of combat areas in the game I've seen so far, especially with the danger room. Really fun just running through it with different teams. Iron fist is a damage\stagger beast that wrecks everything with his chi burst.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I want to play as every villain possible, yes.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I figured out the stagger/stun thing with synergy attacks and the game is immensely more fun, and I was already having a good time with it. Just beat Ultron and will go back and level some characters in Infinity or something. I don't like moving forward with only 3-4 characters at current level.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I really want to like this game but it just never feels fun, no matter how much I level up even low level grunts seem to not go down easy.

The Infinity solo trials can get to gently caress as well.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

With the ability to upgrade your abilities a fifth time, Thor is basically the God he was always supposed to be now. Highly damaging beam move that buffs him and others for a while, extremely good staggering thanks to his charge move, light attacks, and heavy attack, and good AoE CC with his throwing move, applies what is hands down the best status effect available on the hero side, and when he's buffed with it he can apply it with every attack and move he has. In addition, for damage-boosting, he only needs ISOs that boost the damage off of and focus on the Shock attribute since all of his abilities have it and his ability to self-buff with it grants him the attribute for his normal attacks too, meaning he's a hybrid character who eliminates the need to boost multiple things at once. And of course, he has useful synergy properties for every move in his arsenal and can put them to use with other good characters (and some not-so-good ones too).

He can essentially do almost anything you want to do.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Folt The Bolt posted:

With the ability to upgrade your abilities a fifth time,

...wow, what did I miss?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
This game has reignited my hope that there's some secret Marvel Heroes private server out there for me to discover and join.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Wanderer posted:

...wow, what did I miss?

Beat the game on the third difficulty and you unlock Omega difficulty rifts and a fifth ability slot, usually lowering the chance of abilities being interrupted.

E: And the fourth difficulty for story mode, which is necessary to unlock most of the omega rifts.

Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 3, 2019

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I've been running with a 4-Spiderman squad to power-level him and he's up to 54 now which is great. Did they patch this yet? I see that I have an update but I haven't downloaded yet just in case.

I'll probably power-level the other solo rift characters too.

e: Looks like they did fix the dupe glitch. Good to know. Not downloading that! https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46853/p/897

TheDK fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 3, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Hmm, I wonder what the patch is. Downloading.

Patch notes:

Fixed various errors

That may have patched the camera, hero version feels smoother. What were the problem areas for coop?

Testing what i can, the camera seems fixed?

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 3, 2019

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they really made modifying iso8 a goddamn chore

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I guess Spider-Man PS4 has just spoiled me on the concept of alternate outfits but everything just being palette swaps is incredibly disappointing.

e: jfc Corvus Glaive is a sonofabitch. Took me like 9 tries to beat him

e2: I tried the Spider-Man glitch after seeing people post about it here but unfortunately I think the last patch took it out.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 5, 2019

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Just beat the game on Superior and started it again on Ultimate. That final fight against the Black Order, Thanos, and Thane (do we still need spoiler tags for this game?) was a real hum-dinger. I can only imagine what it's like on Ultimate.

Also tried the rift challenge to unlock the final playable character and ended up wiping while fighting the final two. I primarily use Ghost Rider, Thor, Cap, and Storm, "maining" GR but his stagger move just has way too much cooldown and makes him too vulnerable. I still plan to keep him on my team as he's currently my highest-level guy (76) but he may not be able to take me all the way.

I finally got a blue iso that increases XP by 84.5% but I've heard that there are rainbow isos that increase team XP. Is there anywhere to farm those, or where can I get my hands on some? Also, do they stack?

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
I think it's white ISO that can roll with team XP bonus, but I think any bonus can end up on rainbow too. As far as how to get it, everything I've read says those are fully random drops. So, you can equip any ISO that boosts white ISO drops and increases rarity of ISO drops and farm a high level rush rift.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Does this game crash a lot for anyone else?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It's never crashed for me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

PureRok posted:

It's never crashed for me.

:same:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It's crashed for me 2-3 times in what I would guess to be 60+ playing hours.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i picked this game up because it looked cool and i'm having a blast with it. difficulty seems to start picking up around the dark dimension because dr. strange's second stage kicked my rear end so many times i flipped the difficulty down to friendly. now i can't seem to put it back to mighty, how do i do that?

also if i want to grind for levels is the best place to do that infinity trials?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Serf posted:

i picked this game up because it looked cool and i'm having a blast with it. difficulty seems to start picking up around the dark dimension because dr. strange's second stage kicked my rear end so many times i flipped the difficulty down to friendly. now i can't seem to put it back to mighty, how do i do that?

also if i want to grind for levels is the best place to do that infinity trials?

The only way I know of to change difficulties is to go to the Chapter Select screen on the main menu and change it from there. It's really obnoxious.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Most of the people in this thread know this, but for anyone who just picked it up or hasn't mastered the game, this is how you play:

(keep in mind this refers specifically to brutes with a stagger bar and bosses; peons with normal red health bars may be disposed of as you please)

1: mash heavy attack until stagger bar is depleted, while rolling to avoid damage from the enemy in between your own attacks
2: once stagger bar is depleted, immediately trigger a synergy attack to stun the enemy
3: use your highest DPS ability/synergy/EX until enemy is no longer stunned
4: rinse, repeat

It sounds simple but some of the more challenging fights turn into a kind of bullet hell where you're rolling a lot more than you're attacking. During combat, I really don't move with the left stick and almost exclusively roll. The invincibility frames during the roll will largely keep you from getting whacked by an unexpected attack/charge/explosive from an enemy.

Personally, I never ever use the guard move, where you sit still and still take chip damage.

I'm halfway through Ultimate difficulty and still having a blast with this game.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Midniter posted:

Most of the people in this thread know this, but for anyone who just picked it up or hasn't mastered the game, this is how you play:

(keep in mind this refers specifically to brutes with a stagger bar and bosses; peons with normal red health bars may be disposed of as you please)

1: mash heavy attack until stagger bar is depleted, while rolling to avoid damage from the enemy in between your own attacks
2: once stagger bar is depleted, immediately trigger a synergy attack to stun the enemy
3: use your highest DPS ability/synergy/EX until enemy is no longer stunned
4: rinse, repeat

It sounds simple but some of the more challenging fights turn into a kind of bullet hell where you're rolling a lot more than you're attacking. During combat, I really don't move with the left stick and almost exclusively roll. The invincibility frames during the roll will largely keep you from getting whacked by an unexpected attack/charge/explosive from an enemy.

Personally, I never ever use the guard move, where you sit still and still take chip damage.

I'm halfway through Ultimate difficulty and still having a blast with this game.

Yup this is a good explanation. One thing to add is for point #2, you can trigger a synergy attack when the stagger bar is almost depleted and you can stagger/stun in one attack. A little more risky because you might not empty the stagger bar all the way but when it works it is very nice.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

you don't really need to exclusively use heavy to cause staggers. the final hit of everyone's light combo does much more damage to the stagger bar. i prefer just using lights and a combo ender so i can cancel into dodge or an ability easier if necessary. you can cancel both the light attacks and heavy attacks into special abilities, but lights will have more gaps to do so.

always spend the ep for synergies to stun staggered enemies though, is the primary method of dealing damage.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

cams posted:

you don't really need to exclusively use heavy to cause staggers. the final hit of everyone's light combo does much more damage to the stagger bar. i prefer just using lights and a combo ender so i can cancel into dodge or an ability easier if necessary. you can cancel both the light attacks and heavy attacks into special abilities, but lights will have more gaps to do so.

always spend the ep for synergies to stun staggered enemies though, is the primary method of dealing damage.

That's a good point - the reason I almost exclusively use heavy attacks to deplete the enemy's stagger bar is because I main Ghost Rider, whose heavy attack has excellent range but a narrow hitbox. This allows me to heavy > roll > heavy > roll and keep him out of danger. For someone with either a slower or shorter-reaching heavy (like Luke Cage, who also uses a chain but has a shorter range and much wider hitbox, as well as longer cooldown due to it being a two-part attack), it may make more sense to chip away using light attacks. It really depends on the character you're using, which is one of the most interesting parts of this game; really digging deep and learning the best utilization of a character.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It took me forever before I realised Luke Cage aways swings the chain twice and you don't need to hit the button twice.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

This poor fuckin game. Fire Emblem has monopolized my Switch time since launch, and will do so for some time to come. I'm hoping by the time I get back to it, some patches will have improved stuff.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

On the MUA3 Discord, it seems Daredevil might be a better Ms. Marvel. He comes with a barrage move, a spin2win, and his debuff on top of being buffable with any of the three elements (meaning he can be buffed with Shock).

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

On the MUA3 Discord, it seems Daredevil might be a better Ms. Marvel. He comes with a barrage move, a spin2win, and his debuff on top of being buffable with any of the three elements (meaning he can be buffed with Shock).

I need to use the Discord more.

Also Scarlet Witch is still best character.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

ThermoPhysical posted:

I need to use the Discord more.

Also Scarlet Witch is still best character.

I had her on my team for a while but didn't really directly play as her, but it seems like her lack of synergy moves is a pretty big drawback

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

404notfound posted:

I had her on my team for a while but didn't really directly play as her, but it seems like her lack of synergy moves is a pretty big drawback

A lot of them have little to no synergy moves but she's amazing with Stagger. :v:

Serf
May 5, 2011

I've been pretty much just using Ms. Marvel and her spinning attack has yet to let me down. Game is still really fun but it sure does pick up in difficulty once you hit the dark dimension.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Yeah i got wiped in dark dimension, so now I'm just running new characters up to that point. Falcon is probably the only "bad" character I've played so far. Unless his 3 and 4 ability are good, he's just really unsatisfying to play. But he feels so bad, I can't even be bothered to force myself to use him, unlike R&g who I'm starting to dig.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I'm not a fan of Elsa Bloodstone at all. :(

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I really like Elsa, she might be my favorite shoto now. Her abilities let you punish up close a lot easier than Hawkeye and i like her heavy attack more than the wasps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Star Lord's lighting move seems to really trivialize any of the "take down X mooks" missions. I've finished everyone with an S+ rank and can easily grind levels for any character using this strategy.

bushisms.txt posted:

I really like Elsa, she might be my favorite shoto now. Her abilities let you punish up close a lot easier than Hawkeye and i like her heavy attack more than the wasps.

This is all true, but only one of those characters you mentioned has the ability to drop giant Fidget Spinners on her opponents.