Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope it has all the Hana swears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
So with yukes being gone i think its safe to assume that VC takes the reigns with 2k21 next year, since wwes mobile games have had a trend of buy a mystery wrestler and use it as your playable avatar (see universe/champions and even supercard to a point) and 2k has been doing that with the basketball game for a few years. what are odds that some abstract version of that is the new feature next year

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I'd assume if they're going to do anything, it's going to be starting with the upcoming next gen of consoles. I'd be very surprised if any significant changes are made for the PS4/XB1 versions at this point, besides some iteration with gameplay mechanics.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they won't change a thing other than increasing the amount pay2win stuff.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

spongeh posted:

I'd assume if they're going to do anything, it's going to be starting with the upcoming next gen of consoles. I'd be very surprised if any significant changes are made for the PS4/XB1 versions at this point, besides some iteration with gameplay mechanics.

With the ps5 and xbox scarlett being predicted to come out next year its not totally out there to think next years game will be on the upcoming gen of hardware especially with how angry people got that the game that came out the same year as ps4 and xbox one not coming out with the hardware

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Yea, they probably didn't announce the split until they were ready to and had a team, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to say they've been in development for a while. If they're reusing their graphics tech and scanned wrestlers, they could have a solid 2 years of development by next year's game and put out the usual stripped down first game of a console generation. I wonder if they'll move the game's release date around, since NBA always comes out in September. They inherited the October/November window from THQ/Yukes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Takuan posted:

The full roster will be announced on August 10. It's going to be $19.99, which may be a little much for 10 wrestlers, but if the images of Mayu are an indication, it could easily come with a load of new parts to make it worthwhile.

Any word on if they're dong a Fighting Road story to go with this?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I haven't seen anything about a Fighting Road in any official tweets or in the 2 japanese magazine articles I read through Google translate, so I doubt there's going to be one. If it's ever going to be announced, it'll probably come out on the 10th.

Oh, I didn't see it mentioned on here: It's scheduled to come out on August 22.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I hope they get Spike Lee to do the story mode for the next WWE 2K. The story mode he did for NBA 2K16 was batshit insane and kinda wonderful.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

spongeh posted:

Yea, they probably didn't announce the split until they were ready to and had a team, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to say they've been in development for a while. If they're reusing their graphics tech and scanned wrestlers, they could have a solid 2 years of development by next year's game and put out the usual stripped down first game of a console generation. I wonder if they'll move the game's release date around, since NBA always comes out in September. They inherited the October/November window from THQ/Yukes.

Honestly i would love to see the game out around Mania time but those holiday sales are probably what push the game out when it is right now, I remember reading around the time 2k took over they wanted to mix it up but wwe forced them to stay in the holiday window,

I mean realistically we will never get an up to date roster on release day but thats harder to do than in other sports games, other sports games they just have to make a head maybe scan in a couple tattoos and throw them on a generic body, most of the body is covered up by the uniform anyways where as WWE games they have to scult a body, sculpt a face, make specific clothes, scan in a move set and taunts, put music in and put a tron in might be other things too im not claiming to be a master of game design here but i would imagine making a wrestler for DLC is infinate times harder than making a roster update for NBA or madden but commentary updates throughout the year, announcer updates with new call names thats what im asking for, especially since the madden games at least (cant say for other sports games titles) can get that done throughout the season

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cant wait for MyStable/MyFaction/My[Vince's-currently-approved term for a group of wrestlers] where you open your freebie/in-game currency poo poo-tier blind packs to hopefully upgrade the 64 OVR Konnor in your Big Man slot, while you instead get a duplicate Lars Sullivan that sells for jack poo poo and a few new Left Kneepads and a Tapout shirt for your created guy, buuut if you buy the limited edition The Man packs (Best Value!) its guaranteed to have a Super Rare Hulkster or some other nickle and diming scheme.

On the other hand, you'll probably get to do goofy minigames to work out in the performance center, and they might put the foam pit ring in

e: MyClub

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Takuan posted:

I haven't seen anything about a Fighting Road in any official tweets or in the 2 japanese magazine articles I read through Google translate, so I doubt there's going to be one. If it's ever going to be announced, it'll probably come out on the 10th.

Oh, I didn't see it mentioned on here: It's scheduled to come out on August 22.

I'd be surprised if they didn't do one. I mean, it's an excuse for Rossy to take a bunch of photos of the girls in weird poses, he loves doing that!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bartok posted:

I hope they get Spike Lee to do the story mode for the next WWE 2K. The story mode he did for NBA 2K16 was batshit insane and kinda wonderful.

Remember when that ghost broke the 4th wall at the end and read a speech from a script directly to the player?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Spikeguy posted:

Remember when that ghost broke the 4th wall at the end and read a speech from a script directly to the player?

Talk about Ghost Problems

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

bartok posted:

Talk about Ghost Problems

Ghosts cannot eat

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

If a ghost had to pee when they died, they'll be stuck with a phantom full bladder for their entire afterlife.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

does ghost pee fall through the body because it's ghostly or does a ghost bladder/body have special properties that retain the pee

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

spongeh posted:

The thing is, I'm not actually sure.

If it were a leap similar to previous console generation leaps, even the PS3/360 to PS4/Xbone one, I would agree with this. This one's kind of wrinkly, though, because it's looking like there won't be a major change in console architecture from gen to gen- the PS5 and new Xbox are basically just going to be "the PS4 and Xbone, but beefier."

If this turns out to be the case, there's not really any reason why they'd have to have split versions. The last-gen version will just be the next-gen one, but with fewer graphical bells and whistles, like playing it on PC at a lower quality preset.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ghost babies are stored in the ghost balls

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Spikeguy posted:

I know you said it was from a script but i really want to emphasize to those who might not know that the ghost dirtbag was holding a ghost legal pad and checking his ghost prepared remarks to apologize for his non-ghost crimes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...did Spike Lee pull a Suda 51 Fire Pro on the NBA game?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no some friend dies

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I need to watch a let's play of this career mode. Probably gonna skip all the basketball game parts tho.

Also for the handful of folk into it, W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling has been postponed until tomorrow. I apologize to those that this is an inconvenience to, if any.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I recently bought NBA2k19 when it was on sale for $3 - I went to play the GM mode and ended up in some sort of visual novel that I could not get out of. Like I spent a good 20 minutes forwarding through screens of people miming conversations on a boat and office before I finally just quit out.

So I don’t know what the hell is up with that franchise

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
In other news, all of you on the fence about Fire Pro Wrestling World, get it now and all* the DLC for 70% off!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/

*Edit 1: Latest NJPW roster update pack doesn't appear to be on sale.
*Edit 2: Latest NJPW roster update pack is FREE, if bought with the discounted FPWW bundle!

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 9, 2019

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i have considered fire pro but i do not care for how in the gameplay footage it looks like it is functionally impossible to ever hit a strike

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

lost my old email posted:

i have considered fire pro but i do not care for how in the gameplay footage it looks like it is functionally impossible to ever hit a strike

Hitting a strike in Fire Pro is very doable and relies on being at the right distance to time the connect. Those who can't strike properly are usually trying to do strong strikes that should be better off left for stunned/dazed opponents (though with distance/timing, it's still easy enough to pull off on undazed).

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I used to play a lot of fire pro and the striking does get easier but it’s still a really poorly implemented part of the gameplay imo. There’s no forgiveness for being even slightly off distance and it’s silly to have so many obviously connecting moves whiff through an opponent

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

I used to play a lot of fire pro and the striking does get easier but it’s still a really poorly implemented part of the gameplay imo. There’s no forgiveness for being even slightly off distance and it’s silly to have so many obviously connecting moves whiff through an opponent

I literally want Inoki to come out and yell "STOP IT! BULLSHIT!" and smash a chair against the barriers, if you miss too many strikes.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

FullMetalJackoff posted:

In other news, all of you on the fence about Fire Pro Wrestling World, get it now and all* the DLC for 70% off!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/

*Edit 1: Latest NJPW roster update pack doesn't appear to be on sale.
*Edit 2: Latest NJPW roster update pack is FREE, if bought with the discounted FPWW bundle!

thanks! been waiting for a discount on them and am happy for this

is fire promoter worth going through? i kinda just have WWE, NJPW, and OTHERS right now because i am lazy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've been playin fire pro for 17 years and not once have I actually played a match

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I've been playin fire pro for 17 years and not once have I actually played a match

The thought of playing Fire Pro instead of simming is so outlandish to me that I hadn't even considered the idea until now.

Maybe it's real good?????

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Fire Pro is fun, but strikes take some getting used to. The annoying thing is that different strikes have different hitboxes. If you're playing through the story mode, and you really get to know the strikes your character has, it gets easier to land them consistently.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Takuan posted:

Fire Pro is fun, but strikes take some getting used to. The annoying thing is that different strikes have different hitboxes. If you're playing through the story mode, and you really get to know the strikes your character has, it gets easier to land them consistently.

When you actually pull off something like the rainmaker spin to a jumping cutter, it's all the sweeter for the effort. Running and counter running strikes beyond clotheslines are still my bugbear though.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I think i played a match when i first got fire pro returns then i discovered simming matches and never looked back

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The first card I simmed in Fire Promoter where half the matches were over 95% :swoon:

Artelier posted:

thanks! been waiting for a discount on them and am happy for this

is fire promoter worth going through? i kinda just have WWE, NJPW, and OTHERS right now because i am lazy

It's so much fun

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

I know you said it was from a script but i really want to emphasize to those who might not know that the ghost dirtbag was holding a ghost legal pad and checking his ghost prepared remarks to apologize for his non-ghost crimes.

It has to be seen to be believed. And please note this guys is a giant piece of poo poo hanger on trying to drag you down but then Spike beats you over the head that actually he was a good guy and you should feel bad for not liking him. And just you by the way. Your character is actually too dumb to know he's bad.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have been playing Fire Pro since Fire Pro Wrestling 2 on the GBA, and I tried playing through the Fighting Road-ish game mode they put into it (to make up for getting rid of MANAGEMENT OF THE RING :argh: ) and it was fine up until tag matches because there was no option to have your tag partner stop the opposing tag partner from breaking up pins and the partner AI was too brick stupid/nonexistant to do it themselves. After that I played like 2 matches in Returns and it's been all simulations ever since.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

It's so much fun

Fire promoter is really great, especially as it makes you think about Units are making them make sense.

I just wish they would let you do a league (unless that has changed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/1159762310405087232

New move preview. Some variation in the elbow/forearm attacks