Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

porfiria posted:

This is a longshot, but it's a music video or an animation set to a pre-existing song, possibly pixel art, that features a sunny beach town that has been wrecked by some kind of Lovecraft-y apocalypse.

I'm pretty sure I didn't dream this.

It seems like you are describing the music video for perturbator- she is young, she is beautiful, she is next, but I think that's the official music video. https://youtu.be/IGqeyQhBPMI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

porfiria posted:

This is a longshot, but it's a music video or an animation set to a pre-existing song, possibly pixel art, that features a sunny beach town that has been wrecked by some kind of Lovecraft-y apocalypse.

The town wasn’t wrecked and isn’t lovecraft... but Do The Whirlwind by Architecture In Helsinki?

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

Oh I just thought of one, it was a short graphic novel story, possibly part of collection, and possibly an adaptation of an older sci fi story short.

Basically two guys in the military talking in the COs office, about violence and morality and all that, and the subordinate eventually reveals he's created a device which instantly rusts and disintegrates all forms of gunmetal in the vicinity. The story ends with the CO breaking off one of his chair legs and running after the guy to, presumably, club him to death to prevent the device from spreading and destroying all weapons

A Piece of Wood by Ray Bradbury

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
/\/\/\/\ Thanks for correcting info.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm looking for a YA sci-fi book. It was about three kids who were conscripted into a war. One of them becomes a sort of general for these war games they play on a virtual holo display. It was notable because he had to move the little holo pieces around by hand but the harder he pushed them, he would get cuts/abrasions on his hands.

And of course it turns out it's not a simulation and he's been commanding real troops in a real war all along.

It's not Enders Game. It was much shorter and not nearly as good.

Edit: as I typed it out, my memory was jogged. It was Virtual War

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 6, 2019

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

This one should be easy but I've looked through some old hard drives and no luck.....anyone have a copy of Colorfinger's Song of Meat?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The complete series of Gemini Man starring Ben Murphy, the lovely TV show that spawned the Riding with Death Episode of MST3K. Not even Scarecrow Video has it. :(

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

The complete series of Gemini Man starring Ben Murphy, the lovely TV show that spawned the Riding with Death Episode of MST3K. Not even Scarecrow Video has it. :(

I will not vouch for this website or anything, but you can get a bootleg DVD set for $23 here:

http://www.pandorasvideo.com/page284.html

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Whoa, hey man. Be mellow, like Ben Murphy.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I will not vouch for this website or anything, but you can get a bootleg DVD set for $23 here:

http://www.pandorasvideo.com/page284.html

This site design is great. It looks like it could have just as easily been selling bootleg PS1 games in 1997.

Mammal Sauce posted:

Whoa, hey man. Be mellow, like Ben Murphy.

I have to keep my turkey behavior in check. I'd better do a pinch hit, pop in some Deep Purple, and take 13 hours to drive from Torrance to Long Beach.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

GoatSeeGuy posted:

This one should be easy but I've looked through some old hard drives and no luck.....anyone have a copy of Colorfinger's Song of Meat?

I have a zoomzip remix of it. I'll send you a PM.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
a parody of "Informer" to which the chorus was "i'm a farmer, get up at 4 in the morning and use my hands to milk the moo moo cows" which used to play on the albany, ny pop radio morning show in the 1990s

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If it was 2001 and you plugged "weird al" into napster I'm sure you'd find that right away.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

This is probably completely useless to you, but that's the exact premise of the 1983 game Fathom that was available on the Texas instruments TI994/A, Atari 2600 and Colecovision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb4q4TZIOmY

Huh. That's neat, now I wonder if it was done as an intentional homage to Fathom? Might help me keep searching more specifically, at the least. Thanks!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DocBubonic posted:

Holy poo poo! I don't know how you found that, but I'm really impressed. Thanks!

Edit: I'm not surprised that other people remember this as fondly as I do. I think the illustrations really stuck in my head.

Well, speaking of —

https://twitter.com/Bob_Fischer/status/1159043285975011328

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
kids book about a train that gets lost in some dark woods. i remember the primary colors being oranges/reds and black. couldve been 70s to 80s.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Molybdenum posted:

kids book about a train that gets lost in some dark woods. i remember the primary colors being oranges/reds and black. couldve been 70s to 80s.

how tf does a train get lost....

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Jenny Agutter posted:

It seems like you are describing the music video for perturbator- she is young, she is beautiful, she is next, but I think that's the official music video. https://youtu.be/IGqeyQhBPMI

Regardless of whether or not this is what the poster in question was looking for, this is rad as heck and I'd somehow never seen it before

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
The evangelion fan music video for "more human than human"by white zombie

Got blown off YouTube ages ago

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

porfiria posted:

If it wasn't that perturbator video, here's a playlist of pixel art music videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxLRyjbU2Ff54Ft1wquzMXdUNhDKtylPz

mysterious frankie posted:

The town wasn’t wrecked and isn’t lovecraft... but Do The Whirlwind by Architecture In Helsinki?

Holy poo poo I never knew Paul Robertson did a music video

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Molybdenum posted:

Long shot, but could this be The Caboose Who Got Loose? (orig. 1971; I had a copy in the 80s)
Much of the scenery is orange/red Western wilderness and dark black polluted city/trainyard shots. And the caboose does get lost in the dark woods at the end, with super creepy lights searching for it.

(spoilers? It's right there in the title, folks)

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I’ve tried to find this for a while now with no luck. It was an older computer game - we had it for the Apple IIC - that was a text adventure in the same vein as Zork. It may have had a smallish picture in the screen that changed when you went to a new location like Deja Vu or Shadowgate but I don’t know if that’s correct.

You played a secret agent of some kind and you woke up on a plane with amnesia. The plane was in the process of crashing, so you had to get out of your seat, get a parachute, and open the external door. After that you landed in or near a city where you were supposed to make contact with someone and that’s about where I usually got frustrated because I was a little kid.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

While I'm here I'll add a couple requests:

1. Book - I read this around 1996-7, so it's likely from 80s or 90s. Sort of YA/middle-grades fiction, with a Gothic setting. It's very Bellairs, in fact. A brother and sister (orphans, IIRC) are sent to live with their EVIL uncle/aunt in some sort of big dreary mansion. They basically are worked to the bone by their evil relatives (boy does yardwork, etc.; girl is basically a housemaid), and one depressing detail I was that when it was FINALLY Christmas/birthday or something, the boy receives a pair of work gloves as his only gift. They were actually sort of welcome, because his hands were torn to poo poo by then anyway. The boy's chambers have a super-creepy wash basin with scenes of a Napoleonic era battle--horrible dying horses, etc.--on it, and one day he becomes so sick of looking at it that he turns over the basin, uncovering a secret passage.
Here's where things get hosed up, and I can't trust my memory: I recall him going through secret passageways beneath the house, leaping a snake pit, etc. and then going on to discover a kindly older lady (possibly an older relative in the same hosed-up family?) living/imprisoned down there, who then helps him to... something. It surely has a happy ending for the kids. I could be conflating a little.
(p.s. no, it's not Nightfall Gardens; that poo poo is from like 2013)

2. Apple II game: (possibly Bomber or Math Bomber or Stealth Bomber or something similar?)
Very fakely "educational" and based around gearing up for and executing a bombing run; definitely from a major educational software company, and I played this at school. The game started off with basically a multiplication drill, where you earned fuel, bullets, bombs, etc. based on your responses. Then, you got to go on a sweet-rear end bombing run, loving up ground installations as you dueled/evaded fighter jets. I never once successfully completed a bombing mission. This had pretty basic graphics, like a really generic green "plane" with mostly black background, but I remember there being a later, seemingly-reiterated version of the game where the plane was recognizable, maybe an F117a or something; your plane was a lot bigger on screen, buildings/enemies were more detailed, but it wasn't as much fun as the OG. I've seen forums posts about these out in the wild but have NEVER been able to find even a screenshot of either.

These were evidently "Bomber" and "Bomber II" and I even have a lead on some sketchy French disk dumps...

Offering eternal gratitude and possibly even a material reward for any leads on the book!

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 8, 2019

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

just another posted:

The music video for Remember by Corky and the Juice Pigs. Saw it on Much Music's Fromage (or maybe Al Music) when I was a kid and since then I've only been able to find a video of a live version.

Was it this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoUiTTNZzU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Okay, I've got one too.

It was a low budget 80's action movie, but the only part I've seen is a clip where there's a guy roller skating while holding an inflatable sex doll. He's also shooting an UZI or some other kind of sub-machine gun at this jeep that's passing by. The guy in the Jeep gets out and pulls this missile launcher out of the back and shoots it at the guy on roller skates. Then, he aims up at the inflatable doll that's now floating in the air and fires a missile at that too! I think the words "hard" and "road" were in the title.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

I’ve tried to find this for a while now with no luck. It was an older computer game - we had it for the Apple IIC - that was a text adventure in the same vein as Zork. It may have had a smallish picture in the screen that changed when you went to a new location like Deja Vu or Shadowgate but I don’t know if that’s correct.

You played a secret agent of some kind and you woke up on a plane with amnesia. The plane was in the process of crashing, so you had to get out of your seat, get a parachute, and open the external door. After that you landed in or near a city where you were supposed to make contact with someone and that’s about where I usually got frustrated because I was a little kid.

Pretty sure this is Secret Agent...
Here's the first few instructions from a walkthrough:

SECRET AGENT: MISSION ONE
1. Get Pistol. Shoot Door. Go Cockpit. Open Cabinet. Get Parachute. Go Door.
2. Lift Latch. Jump. Pull Ripcord.
3. Get Fork. Sleep. Hit Nurse.
4. Open Door. Go Door. Open Register (Get Money). Up. Take Card. Drop Card. Go Closet. Close Door. Wait. Open and Go Door. Get Card.
5. Buy Drink. Give Drink. Repeat for information until he simply says "Thanks Man."

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

Okay, I've got one too.

It was a low budget 80's action movie, but the only part I've seen is a clip where there's a guy roller skating while holding an inflatable sex doll. He's also shooting an UZI or some other kind of sub-machine gun at this jeep that's passing by. The guy in the Jeep gets out and pulls this missile launcher out of the back and shoots it at the guy on roller skates. Then, he aims up at the inflatable doll that's now floating in the air and fires a missile at that too! I think the words "hard" and "road" were in the title.

Hard Ticket to Hawaii

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Rad-daddio posted:

Okay, I've got one too.

Hard Ticket to Hawaii. It’s the same movie that has a scene with a razorblade frisbee.

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Pretty sure this is Secret Agent...
Here's the first few instructions from a walkthrough:

SECRET AGENT: MISSION ONE
1. Get Pistol. Shoot Door. Go Cockpit. Open Cabinet. Get Parachute. Go Door.
2. Lift Latch. Jump. Pull Ripcord.
3. Get Fork. Sleep. Hit Nurse.
4. Open Door. Go Door. Open Register (Get Money). Up. Take Card. Drop Card. Go Closet. Close Door. Wait. Open and Go Door. Get Card.
5. Buy Drink. Give Drink. Repeat for information until he simply says "Thanks Man."

Fuuuuck, this is absolutely it. Thanks!

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Nice. I'm gonna have to pick up that issue of Fortean Times.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Breakfast All Day posted:

Hard Ticket to Hawaii

Holy poo poo, thank you!

Also loving lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAaPeMMJLgs

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
A flash cartoon with old timey style where some frogs go on a picnic, then one of the frogs slits the other one’s throat then fucks and possibly shits in the wound. Was on a site alongside poo poo like “little red monkey”

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I've got several. A few of them are probably lost causes.

1. I'd be surprised if I ever found this one. When I was a third grader, I was struggling with my times tables. One of my Mom's coworkers made an audio tape of Hap Palmer's Singing Multiplication Tables for me, and at the beginning of the tape was one of those "cute" answering machine messages from the perspective of a cat. After the usual 'leave a message' spiel, the cat pondered what it would be having for dinner: "Maybe some beef stew (?). Or [a seafood dish - maybe with shrimp], ahoy!" and ended with a slurping sound.

2. A Mastercard commercial from the mid-to-late '90s: A freshman college student is given a credit card by his parents to use in emergencies. But the kid ends up using the card for various things, including a snorkeling set. At the end of the commercial, the college student's dad shows up enraged at his dorm door, holding the massive credit card bill. The college student is sheepishly wearing a snorkeling helmet.

Everyone seems to remember this commercial, but I've never been able to find anything about it online.

3. Another commercial, this time from the early '00s (I think). All I remember is that a college student guy was eating pizza and at the end of the commercial, said "Good breakfast!".

4. A handheld game from the '80s, but not one of those Tiger handhelds. My cousins owned it and I occasionally played it when we visited them. I think the music for it was Fur Elise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KN3v7cJiDg

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Brolander posted:

A flash cartoon with old timey style where some frogs go on a picnic, then one of the frogs slits the other one’s throat then fucks and possibly shits in the wound. Was on a site alongside poo poo like “little red monkey”

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/24812
:negative:

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 8, 2019

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Super longshot here but here goes:
I saw Once Upon a Time in...Hollywood last weekend and I'm trying to find the name/artist of one of the songs that was used and it's driving me crazy.
The movie takes place in 1969 so the song would be from around that time. The song is played (I think) during a scene where we see Rick and Cliff driving away from Rick's house. In the movie you only hear a snippet of the song, roughly 10-15 seconds long. It's a male singing, but I couldn't really clearly make out any of the words, but he may have said "darling" and something about "tears". The clip used in the movie also has a bunch of horns, trumpets, etc.
I've looked at the track listing for the official sound track and listened to bits of the songs that I don't already know and none of them are sounding like the song I'm thinking of. Wish I could provide less vague info but that's all I've got. Any ideas?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

:frog:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Oh jesus christ I swear i looked on newgrounds, it definitely isnt where i first saw it.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

this had me rolling

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

A couple decades ago, Comedy Central had 1 season of a series called "Let's Bowl."

It's a show where two fake professional CBS Sports style announcers commentate on a grudge match of a bowling game between two ordinary shlubs. Like, if Stan owed Frank $1000, but Stan says that Frank dented his pickup and that he doesn't have to pay anything. The show would periodically have skits, many of which leveraged the fictional, depressing alcoholic life of one of the announcers. The announcers would generally badmouth the skills of the players.

It was an even cheaper People's Court with bowling. It wasn't great, which is why it was good.

Years after the show was canceled, the producers got permission to sell DVDs of the show (at cost I think?), but the website is long gone at this point. I don't want to buy the DVDs, but I would like to painlessly and costlessly obtain decent quality versions of the show someday.

e: this thing: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366047/?ref_=nm_knf_i1

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 8, 2019

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

A particular Zelda CD-i Youtube Poop video where Link about to say he's going to get something, but the song Hardware Store by Weird Al starts playing and the king of Hyrule stops him after like 30 seconds and says "No, your sword will be enough." I've found a similar one but it was nowhere near as good as the one I've been trying to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Super longshot here but here goes:
I saw Once Upon a Time in...Hollywood last weekend and I'm trying to find the name/artist of one of the songs that was used and it's driving me crazy.
The movie takes place in 1969 so the song would be from around that time. The song is played (I think) during a scene where we see Rick and Cliff driving away from Rick's house. In the movie you only hear a snippet of the song, roughly 10-15 seconds long. It's a male singing, but I couldn't really clearly make out any of the words, but he may have said "darling" and something about "tears". The clip used in the movie also has a bunch of horns, trumpets, etc.
I've looked at the track listing for the official sound track and listened to bits of the songs that I don't already know and none of them are sounding like the song I'm thinking of. Wish I could provide less vague info but that's all I've got. Any ideas?

https://screenrant.com/once-upon-time-hollywood-movie-soundtrack-songs/ this post has every song in the movie with descriptions of the scenes they play during