Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

hawowanlawow posted:

it's not funny

It's funny because it follows Aristotle's dictum: it delights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

hawowanlawow posted:

it's not funny

turn on your monitor

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

hawowanlawow posted:

the Bobby grilling episode is really, really fuckin bad

Spoilers for Rupert Buttermilk and anyone else who might actually care about spoilers.

I'm not sure if I'd call it bad, but I really don't know how I feel about it revealing that Boomhauer is a Texas Ranger. I feel like it's supposed to be a "woah!" moment and it kind of was, but it also feels pretty weak and like a missed opportunity if he really was a Ranger all this time. Or if they just slapped it on last minute like an afterthought.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's funny, because he never talks about it. Or maybe he does!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

PinheadSlim posted:

Spoilers for Rupert Buttermilk and anyone else who might actually care about spoilers.

I'm not sure if I'd call it bad, but I really don't know how I feel about it revealing that Boomhauer is a Texas Ranger. I feel like it's supposed to be a "woah!" moment and it kind of was, but it also feels pretty weak and like a missed opportunity if he really was a Ranger a loop this time. Or if they just slapped it on last minute like an afterthought.

That reveal is dumb as poo poo and maybe the worst part of the entire show.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That reveal is dumb as poo poo and maybe the worst part of the entire show.

lol no, that's the Mrs Wakefield episode.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Mrs. Wakefield episode would have been much better if everyone didn’t think Hank was the bad guy.

It might not fix it, but that is an episode I don’t care to rewatch.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The worst part of the show is Lucky

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Traxis posted:

You don't like Tom Petty?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

pixaal posted:

All Boomer music sucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lucky was great and as good as a late season add on gets

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

pixaal posted:

Tom Petty is cool, but the character Lucky was a piece of poo poo. So was Cotton.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

JB50 posted:

Tom Petty is cool, but the character Lucky was a piece of poo poo. So was Cotton.

That piece of poo poo killed fitty men!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JB50 posted:

:frogout:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

JB50 posted:

Look at this Pump Jocky.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

oops looks like folks are confusing good characters with good real people again. lucky is great, cotton is great, peggy is great, they'd just be horrible real people. the show is good because of this.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Traxis posted:

Gonna have to disagree with you there, Tex.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

King of the Hill is full of characters who are pretty bad people. It doesn't mean they can't have amazing episodes. Cotton has some great lines. Lucky was a bit fixated on his "pee pee money" but he also had nothing else going in his life. That pee pee money was his life and so of course he's going to tell the story every chance he gets.

Next someone is going to come in here and say the show would be better without Peggy.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

pixaal posted:

Next someone is going to come in here and say the show would be better without Peggy.

They would be wrong

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

pixaal posted:

Eskoocha may!?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It's hosed that Joe-Jack never got a focus episode

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Another Bill posted:

They would be wrong

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I loved Lucky's inane code of honor about things like standing in line for concert tickets or paying back shaving cream.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Paladinus posted:

It's funny, because he never talks about it. Or maybe he does!

poo poo quality but only place I can find it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAt_BD_PBZM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Another Bill posted:

They would be wrong

'Peggy, I can see your hwhut-nots'.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Not a Children posted:

It's hosed that Joe-Jack never got a focus episode

i feel like this is the propane maniacs episode

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Things to know about Joe Jack:
Gambling problem
Best laugh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIlBEsLreV0

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
baby did a baaaad thing

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gambling problem
Best laugh

His mama is the propane commissioner guy's cleanin lady.

Drinking problem.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/YmCawO0.mp4

narrah yuh rey thruh

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Traxis posted:

sorry that dropping out of school because you had to choose between school and smoking in the boys room hit a little too close to home for you

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gambling problem
Best laugh
"You gotta be right with God to go to my church, honey. It's hardcore."

What do you guys think, snake handler?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Omg, that propane tank at the end.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's hilarious and sad this rule had to be laid out.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

TheKingslayer posted:

Animators are horny animals.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'm actually kind of struggling to think of why someone would think Lucky is the worst character. The only reason I can think of is that I know some type A personality types who really resent lazy people who stumble through life, thinking it unfair or gross that people like that exist while they try very hard. Kind of like Grimey Grimes and Homer Simpson.

TheKingslayer posted:

Rules like that have to be laid out clearly or else you get the first season of Family Guy, where eyes shrink and grow between scenes because they weren't standardized lol. It's also the only time you see Brian casually sitting like a dog, for the same reason.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

Someone post the whole thing.

Its extensive and not followed in the dark times

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

joe jack always makes me think of the episode where hank is shopping for new churches after losing their pew.

ya gotta be right with God to join my church honey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Animators are horny animals.
Remember how during the end credits of every Daria episode, they'd show pictures of all the characters in weird, but sometimes really risque costumes? I wonder how many of those were inspired by the animators' fetishes.