Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is the voice of many related to the voice of all

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My friend is the agent for dozens of Magic artists, and he met up with Dan Frazier and Doug Shuler at one of the last big events. They sketched some cats on the back of some artist proofs for me to raffle off for charity at my Cat Draft!

I'll plug his artist signature service here also. If you want cards signed, you can ship them to him and he'll bring them to the next Magic Fest or SCG event for you. https://www.facebook.com/groups/545759985597960

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Mass Diminish is giving me some Bride of Frankenstein vibes and I like it

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Well, looks like I need to grab Voice of Many for my Ezuri deck.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Cards which refer to a commander or the command zone in their text are not Magic cards. This card is a literal blank outside of Commander and I feel like there has to be a way to print a card like that but still make it (potentially) playable in Cube/Legacy/kitchen table/whatever bullshit fun format people come up with.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 7, 2019

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Katana Gomai posted:

Cards which refer to a commander or the command zone in their text are not Magic cards.

Lol

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Katana Gomai posted:

Cards which refer to a commander or the command zone in their text are not Magic cards.

Lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Count Bleck posted:

Surprised this wasn't posted yet.

Can someone explain to me what this does? I've read the text a few times and I'm a little confused.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

SalTheBard posted:

Can someone explain to me what this does? I've read the text a few times and I'm a little confused.

Looks like it just joins an attack? Like, if someone is attacking another person who isnt you, this guy can become part of the attack.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

SalTheBard posted:

Took me a few tries to parse it, but I think I'm reading it correctly.

If Tahngarth is tapped and another player attacks you can have the player gain control of Tahngarth and join in on that attack. If the other player is attacking a player and a planeswalker you can decide which one Tahngarth attacks.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Katana Gomai posted:

Cards which refer to a commander or the command zone in their text are not Magic cards. This card is a literal blank outside of Commander and I feel like there has to be a way to print a card like that but still make it (potentially) playable in Cube/Legacy/kitchen table/whatever bullshit fun format people come up with.

Why are they printing Commander cards in the Commander precons?????

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Retromancer posted:

Why are they printing Commander cards in the Commander precons?????

My point is that there shouldn't be "Commander" cards, just like there are no Draft, Standard or Pauper cards. It's lazy design.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 7, 2019

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Katana Gomai posted:

My point is that there shouldn't be "Commander" cards, just like there are no Draft, Standard, Pauper cards. It's lazy design.

Its an interesting design space for a specialized product. I have no issues with it. People love commander for some good reasons. Hating on it is weird because you can honestly just ignore this products existence.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Katana Gomai posted:

My point is that there shouldn't be "Commander" cards, just like there are no Draft, Standard or Pauper cards. It's lazy design.

https://scryfall.com/search?q=o%3A%22you+draft%22&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name

I also hate Unset cards for their lazy design

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Katana Gomai posted:

Conspiracy, another specialized product, includes special conspiracy cards that affect the drafting and are unusable in anything other than the specific conspiracy draft you opened them in (unless someone puts them in a cube later).

You can criticize it if you want but 'lazy' is a dumb argument.

EDIT: statue guy might secretly be a stax card, but I'm not sure he's worth it at 3 mana. He's way, way, way too slow to do taken at face value in anything other than precon town.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 7, 2019

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

its not lazy design if it's not intended for outside formats. thats intentional design.

i don't like a thing because it's not for me is lazy thinking

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I don't like [thing], and therefore nobody should.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
It's not even that good of a card, jeez. I know you have a hate-on for EDH but this is a silly thing to fuss about.

At the bare minimum, assuming your commander costs 1 of any color, you're paying that plus 2WW for a mere +1/+1. Considering commander tax, you have to pay a collective 8 CMC to even get +2/+2. At that point you may as well just run Elesh Norn.

And that's assuming you're running a 1 CMC commander. Anything else and the overall mana investment is substantially higher.

There might be some fringe places where it's playable, like in some weird Derevi build or something, but it's not very good outside the precon imo.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 7, 2019

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Kurtofan posted:

is the voice of many related to the voice of all

They got together and made voice of resurgence

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Framboise posted:

It's not even that good of a card, jeez. I know you have a hate-on for EDH but this is a silly thing to fuss about.

At the bare minimum, assuming your commander costs 1 of any color, you're paying that plus 2WW for a mere +1/+1. Considering commander tax, you have to pay a collective 8 CMC to even get +2/+2. At that point you may as well just run Elesh Norn.

And that's assuming you're running a 1 CMC commander. Anything else and the overall mana investment is substantially higher.

There might be some fringe places where it's playable, like in some weird Derevi build or something, but it's not very good outside the precon imo.

I could see it in some super aggressive token swarm deck since its a scaling honor of the pure that pumps everyone instead of just white creatures, but outside of that I agree.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

meanolmrcloud posted:

Looks like it just joins an attack? Like, if someone is attacking another person who isnt you, this guy can become part of the attack.

Bugsy posted:

Took me a few tries to parse it, but I think I'm reading it correctly.

If Tahngarth is tapped and another player attacks you can have the player gain control of Tahngarth and join in on that attack. If the other player is attacking a player and a planeswalker you can decide which one Tahngarth attacks.

Oh loving hell yes that makes perfect sense. I was thinking in context of a 2 player game and how worthless that is. But yeah in a 4 player game I can see how effective that would be especially as a political tool

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Framboise posted:

I don't see any reason to ever play it over Dictate of Heliod or the white Force from MH1

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Eldraine Planeswalker Deck:

quote:

Rowan, Intrepid Sparkmage
3RR
Legendary Planeswalker - Rowan
[+1]: Up to one target creature gains +3/+0 and first strike until end of turn.

[-2]: Rowan deals 1 damage up to two target creatures. Those creatures cannot block this turn.

[-9]: Gain control of all creatures until end of turn, untap them and they gain haste.
[5]

Rowan's Valiant
4R
Creature - Human Knight
When Rowan's Valiant enters the battlefield, search your library and graveyard for Rowan, Intrepid Sparkmage, reveal it and add it to your hand. If you searched your library this way, shuffle your library.
5/2

Rowan's Bodyguard
3R
Creature - Human Knight
First strike

As long as you control a Rowan planeswalker, this creature gains +3/+0.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

ilmucche posted:

Whoa divine visitation. I don't play commander so stop trying to get me to make my lovely token deck even shittier.

If you wanna make lots of tokens for Divine Visitation, there are much, much better ways to do it than a 1/1 that makes one per turn. Source: I do play commander, my main deck is a token deck, and I wouldn't run that card. It's a cool, flavourful design, but it seems pretty bad. Hell, I played a Divine Vis deck in Standard on Arena for a bit, and I wouldn't even run it in that.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 8, 2019

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Elyv posted:

Eldraine Planeswalker Deck:

Sad that they used that cool knights art on a PW deck card.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I might actually put that in my Akiri/Tymna deck just as another way to get big blockers/chumpers out of the way that still pumps Akiri.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Lamo

https://twitter.com/GodsUnchained/status/1159451876904935426

If you forgot what “Gods Unchained” is...

quote:

Gods Unchained is a decentralized competitive card game. At its core Gods Unchained is a blockchain-based game, enabling users to trade and sell their cards freely, with the same level of ownership as if they were real, tangible cards.

The cards are bought and sold as non-fungible tokens (NFT) on the Ethereum Blockchain

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Tainen posted:

Lamo

https://twitter.com/GodsUnchained/status/1159451876904935426

If you forgot what “Gods Unchained” is...

AHahahahahahahaaaaaaaa..........aaaa...................a

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Modern collection prices are dipping a bit. So far I am noticing 5-7%, but its big enough to notice.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, what happens when the Ethereum chain has to be split again like in 2016 because someone ganked $50 million?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Arena coins

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

AlternateNu posted:

So, what happens when the Ethereum chain has to be split again like in 2016 because someone ganked $50 million?

That's how you create a new format in Magical Buttcoin Land

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
"until your next turn"?

is there something I'm missing?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Making Chainer red feels weird to me. His entire novel was about using black mana!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mossyfisk posted:

"until your next turn"?

No?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mossyfisk posted:

"until your next turn"?

Creatures with tap abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

mossyfisk posted:

"until your next turn"?

It means if your opponent steals the creature several turns later, you don't have to remember whether it came into play via Chainer's ability or not.