Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Dave posted:

Just lmao at the dozen different apocalypses unfolding without any serious effort to avert or even prepare for

it's loving cool

:coal:

actually it's not cool at all but trump so w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

UFOTacoMan posted:

people are using the term "diarrhea wizard" more and more

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nichael posted:

I've posted this before, but a few months ago I talked to a woman who said climate change isn't a big deal because she'll go on to eternal life in heaven when the planet ends.

Bing bing bong bong, you don't need solutions to problems if there's an afterlife. :chaostrump:

jesus commanded her to shepherd the earth so if she goes into the beyond as a result of rapaciously destroying it, seems like she would actually be going to hell

logically speaking, the only people going to heaven as a direct result of the climate crisis would be like, people who bomb pipelines

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Nichael posted:

I've posted this before, but a few months ago I talked to a woman who said climate change isn't a big deal because she'll go on to eternal life in heaven when the planet ends.

Bing bing bong bong, you don't need solutions to problems if there's an afterlife. :chaostrump:

I like my neighbors hilarious and reductive and not technically incorrect view on climate change: "we can't HARM nature because we ARE nature"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

we’re moving out and she did in fact list the property much higher after we sent pictures of the interior and saw that the place looked better because we fixed a bunch of poo poo without bothering to even ask her because shes so uninvolved. she made a comment to me while we were showing the place about how shed prefer to rent to single men because they’re more likely to fix things by themselves and not bother her.

:thermidor:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I would eat any and all of these

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Drunkboxer posted:

we’re moving out and she did in fact list the property much higher after we sent pictures of the interior and saw that the place looked better because we fixed a bunch of poo poo without bothering to even ask her because shes so uninvolved. she made a comment to me while we were showing the place about how shed prefer to rent to single men because they’re more likely to fix things by themselves and not bother her.

inject the walls with shrimp juice

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Bert Roberge posted:

So many of the old abandoned dairy farms up here in Maine have turned into Frisbee Golf courses. I almost never see anyone on them, but they mow them like golf courses, so they're completely terrible for the environment.

I know some people who play disc golf in Maine and they are also bad for the environment

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bucswabe posted:

I'm holding out hope for the deus ex machina that prevents global warming at the last possible minute, by an eruption of the yellowstone super volcano that cools down the globe.

high altitude sulfate aerosol dispersion is already feasible with today's technology and is something that a single large economy could conceivably pull off on its own, but most governments and scientists are extremely cagey on it because:
  • there's the potential for negative side effects like a disruption of the monsoon that could make a bad situation even worse
  • it's a program that you're locked in to for the conceivable future, because if you stop dispersion after forcing the temperature down several degrees, it will skyrocket back to its original temperature at a rate that most life will be unable to adapt to and could cause catastrophic natural disasters
basically, it's the nuclear option if everything else fails. with current trends, i wouldn't be surprised if you started to see a central/east asian collaboration towards a dispersal program sometime within the next 20-30 years, since the interior will probably get hosed badly enough by glacier melt and precipitation drops that even risking losing the monsoon might be worth it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Unfortunate news, our posting quota has been missed due to the cloudflare slow down (free crazy cloud).

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

make sure you take any permanent fixtures you installed with you when you go

there’s some stuff I’m definitely ripping out and replacing with 2 dollar poo poo from restore

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

oh konnichiwa

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's so hot out

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Vermain posted:

high altitude sulfate aerosol dispersion is already feasible with today's technology and is something that a single large economy could conceivably pull off on its own, but most governments and scientists are extremely cagey on it because:
  • there's the potential for negative side effects like a disruption of the monsoon that could make a bad situation even worse
  • it's a program that you're locked in to for the conceivable future, because if you stop dispersion after forcing the temperature down several degrees, it will skyrocket back to its original temperature at a rate that most life will be unable to adapt to and could cause catastrophic natural disasters
basically, it's the nuclear option if everything else fails. with current trends, i wouldn't be surprised if you started to see a central/east asian collaboration towards a dispersal program sometime within the next 20-30 years, since the interior will probably get hosed badly enough by glacier melt and precipitation drops that even risking losing the monsoon might be worth it

sulfate aerosol injection would kill all the plants when it fell as acid rain, which would be less than ideal. you also can't stop doing it, ever.

idiot post; please read

Admiral Ray has issued a correction as of 18:43 on Aug 8, 2019

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Home alone 4 is actually just John wick

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/CoonsDiary/status/1159502883160825856?s=20

https://twitter.com/CoonsDiary/status/1159129870783406082?s=20

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Nichael posted:

Unfortunate news, our posting quota has been missed due to the cloudflare slow down (free crazy cloud).

We need all the cloud we can get

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

it's so hot out

yeah, it's great

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

ty manifisto

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thumb!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Isizzlehorn posted:

This is very real, my own personal anecdote: A friend of mine rents a basement apartment of a small detached house in typical suburbia. I thought for the longest time that the family living upstairs owned the place, until he mentioned one day he had some repair done and the 'company' sent a contractor to fix stuff. That sent me down a rabbit hole of questions and answers and a horrifying realization: Both he and the family upstairs rent, the upstairs family pays the utility bills, the house is owned by a conglomerate investment company that owns dozens more houses in the area, the 'landlord' is contracted to handle all the houses as a first line of contact with renters, any repairs are contracted out to a couple handymen they have on call.

It's just so weird how detached the ownership is from the people living there and even the people taking care of the place. I can understand the system within the context of condo's and apartments, and I suppose with rising home values this kind of thing is inevitable, but it's still extremely unsettling.

Years ago an old co-worker almost got me shot because I agreed to dog-sit for her just for one night while she was out of town. She told me to come to the house and let myself in the side door, and I told her I was fine just sleeping on the couch for the one night so no need for any special arrangements or anything like that.

Middle of the night I'm bored so I wander off down the stairs to the basement level, through an unlocked door, and all the sudden I'm in some other person's apartment and it's like 1am and pitch dark in there. Luckily they weren't home, and I didn't even put 2 and 2 together until I talked to the co-worker the next morning and realized I was basically a stranger stalking around in someone's apartment and if they'd found me in there who knows what would've happened.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I rememenr some GOP politician said that the dems were screaming that it was the end of the world so if that's true might as well just say gently caress it and enjoy the rest of our ride

death crew as gently caress but also gently caress that guy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TRUMP

https://twitter.com/ThatTomHall/status/1159496600261054464 👀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSrUh1FDxg

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
what a surprise, trump retweeted the state dept cryptonazi white supremacist guy a few years back

https://twitter.com/emilygorcenski/status/1159476876223688706

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Squizzle posted:

they grow corn and soy and almost nothing else, dont they

absolutely no loss if they if stop farming that poo poo

They grow a bunch of cherries, which are awesome.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

are we even posting this poo poo anymore

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1159318330311880706?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1159473909827297281?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1159473912616501254?s=20

:chaostrump: has hypernormalized us so much. :sad:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:yeah:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

HUGE news, TRUMP TWEETED

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

oh my god he's going to kill the dollar

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I rememenr some GOP politician said that the dems were screaming that it was the end of the world so if that's true might as well just say gently caress it and enjoy the rest of our ride

death crew as gently caress but also gently caress that guy

Bushs sec of interior believed the rapture would happen any moment now so didn't give a poo poo about climate change or resource management

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

devaluing your money to trigger the libs

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

that owns

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

holy poo poo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

sulfate aerosol injection would kill all the plants when it fell as acid rain, which would be less than ideal. you also can't stop doing it, ever.

i've never heard of the acid rain thing? the major concerns i've seen have been centered around potential precipitation drops (re: the monsoon), ozone depletion if they aren't dispersed properly, and the insane duration required to prevent rebound warming

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

lmao at the galaxy brain that can think we're amazing and we're "winning" but not really because of the federal reserve

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

HUGE news, TRUMP TWEETED

RE: RE: BREAKING: RE: NEW: BREAKING: HOT: RE Trump!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

neutral milf hotel posted:

what a surprise, trump retweeted the state dept cryptonazi white supremacist guy a few years back

https://twitter.com/emilygorcenski/status/1159476876223688706

:thumbsup:
Might as well just fire everyone I guess

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lawman 0 posted:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1159500233430188033?s=20
Seems bad imo
Maybe we should do something about it

we'll never do anything about it because the government is currently designed 100% about protecting investments, so snapping them up thru eminent domain at a reasonable rate is off the table and you'd have to pay their inflated market value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Crush the enemies of the republic imo