Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Coaaab posted:

would've loved to have been in the writers' room that day

I can't even imagine the names that went too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

I'm always amused by how quickly he drops responsibility for his children when Francine is out of the picture.

Can you blame him?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That face

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I don't know which face you're talking about because they're both great.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

He’s just plowing Jeff there.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Every character is ostensibly bisexual on this show and it's great.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I like how this show plays fast and loose enough with reality that I wasn't sure at first if the multiple cat rogers were a dream or in the real world.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The_Doctor posted:

He’s just plowing Jeff there.

I guess he really is a Power Top.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

PARSSIMONY!!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I just had to collect it all in one spot.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PostNouveau posted:

Doing the lord’s work there, PN. :hfive:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Captain Sphincter's Swollen Colon Fire-rhea is my favorite

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Captain Sphincter's Swollen Colon Fire-rhea is my favorite

It's like picking a favorite child, but ...

Baron Von Buttswamp's Turd Degree Burn

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Donkey making GBS threads out its intestines really gets me.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I had to pause the episode for nearly a minute to laugh at that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

The desperate look in its eyes, the barrel to catch the bowels

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I want to say thank you for doing this.

I can''t stop giggling at Dr. Donkeydick's Anal Holocaust. I mean just loving read that.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I really wish I was called Uncle Devildong.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I don't get how 16 seasons in AD's quality is still on an upward curve.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

There's no other show I look forward to this much.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Between AD, Legion and Final Space, Monday is probably my busiest as well as best TV night. I'm trying to think of what's better

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

J-Spot posted:

I had to pause the episode for nearly a minute to laugh at that.

Yup, I had that twice, with the other being Stan's Jeff banging faces.

I was thinking of a hot suace Name, Commissar Prolapses Colon Tzar Bomb.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Coaaab fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 8, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I don't know how to make gifs, but drat, he's really pounding away.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I'm watching American Dad on the TBS West Coast feed and its the cattle drive episode. Seen it a miion times but whatever, it's nice background noise. Except there is a woman's voice narrating what's going on and reading Toshi's subtitles. Everything about the episode is the same except for the voice. An example is when Stan is eating the jerky you hear "Stan's eye twitches while he eats the tainted jerky. Camera pans back to the boys who have worried looks on their faces."

Please tell me someone else is seeing this...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You have on captions for blind people

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

limp_cheese posted:

I'm watching American Dad on the TBS West Coast feed and its the cattle drive episode. Seen it a miion times but whatever, it's nice background noise. Except there is a woman's voice narrating what's going on and reading Toshi's subtitles. Everything about the episode is the same except for the voice. An example is when Stan is eating the jerky you hear "Stan's eye twitches while he eats the tainted jerky. Camera pans back to the boys who have worried looks on their faces."

Please tell me someone else is seeing this...

That's audio description for blind people. Hit the SAP button.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Captions for blind people posted:

but drat, he's really pounding away.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

The only dip this show has ever experienced imo, was when Reginald was a recurring character.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I searched everywhere and I never had any closed captioning on. It also stopped when the next episode came on. That was wierd.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

I searched everywhere and I never had any closed captioning on. It also stopped when the next episode came on. That was wierd.

I need answers... TV answers!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The only dip this show has ever experienced imo, was when Reginald was a recurring character.

There was a string of episodes after the TBS move, around when Mike Barker left, that weren't up to the show's usual quality. But that was a really brief dip, and the show completely recovered.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I maintain that most of the early TBS issues were just pacing since the scripts were holdover Fox ones and they didn't account for the cold open or different number of commercial breaks.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

So many good songs this season

The chicken soup song

The Friendaversary song.

All the stoner Oompa-loompa songs.

Wild Women do... And they don't regret it!

The Scott's mom mom sauce jingle.

And much, much more!

What a Stan what a Stan what a Stan what a mighty good Stan

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Plant MONSTER. posted:

And yet he was in some of the best episodes. Theory destroyed

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Nichael posted:

There was a string of episodes after the TBS move, around when Mike Barker left, that weren't up to the show's usual quality. But that was a really brief dip, and the show completely recovered.

So right after that really short season? I don't think I've noticed.

Also I was sort of watching the show backwards by starting with the latest season instead of the first ones.

Brawnfire posted:

The chicken soup song

The Friendaversary song.

Wild Women do... And they don't regret it! (I have no idea why the horse pupils are so funny)

And much, much more!

All That Ham

Roger's Siamese Cat Song (the original disney one is so racist holy poo poo lol)

The songs on this show are great. I appreciated Steve's extremely low-key parody of Rockin' Robin. Shame Francine doesn't have that great of a singing voice but I like her backup vocals during the hot tub song.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 8, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Somehow not as bad as the siamese aristocat

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Brawnfire posted:

The chicken soup song

The Friendaversary song.

Wild Women do... And they don't regret it!

And much, much more!

the trucks song

Bob Sarger's New Town Rock N' Loll

Top of the Steve opening theme

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Coaaab posted:

Bob Sarger's New Town Rock N' Loll

Ohhh, you just haaad to look over at the slippy oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I dunno there was a stretch of episodes after Hayley and Jeff got married but before Jeff went to space that were pretty mediocre(like that episode where Stan got turned elderly), and some of the episodes right after the switch to TBS were pretty bad too

bull3964 posted:

I maintain that most of the early TBS issues were just pacing since the scripts were holdover Fox ones and they didn't account for the cold open or different number of commercial breaks.

Every now and then it feels like we'd get a several episode stretch where they just took old unfinished and/or rejected scripts from out of a filing cabinet and turned them into an episode despite it clearly not being a good idea(American Fung being the most blatant example of this in my opinion)