Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some day, Koga meeting a new mentor figure, talking poo poo and immediately getting his rear end kicked might stop being funny. Today's not that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So do people think Koga is actually going to make it into the tournament?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Talk poo poo, get hit, talk poo poo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I get the feeling some convenient thing will cause Koga to get subbed in.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jose posted:

So do people think Koga is actually going to make it into the tournament?

I think so. I might be wrong about this, but looking back on the very first chapter of Omega Koga is most likely the dude in the mask that you see Gaoh fighting

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CharlestonJew posted:

I think so. I might be wrong about this, but looking back on the very first chapter of Omega Koga is most likely the dude in the mask that you see Gaoh fighting

I don't know, that guy is huge. Unless it takes place years later(and the tournament is in a few months) I don't see it being Koga.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Koga is probably gonna learn enough to be "good enough" for a Kengan match, get subbed in after one of the fighters gets taken out by the Worm dudes or something and then unlock his Sharingan or whatever so he can actually compete.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RatHat posted:

I don't know, that guy is huge. Unless it takes place years later(and the tournament is in a few months) I don't see it being Koga.

Ah, I thought that was just perspective, I was mostly going off the spiky blonde hair

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

When is 100% Machio'd Hibiki going to show up in Kengan to fight?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cao Ni Ma posted:

When is 100% Machio'd Hibiki going to show up in Kengan to fight?

Id like to see the Kengan side betting arena where CEOs bet smaller stakes on arm wrestling matches

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hibiki with no training or experience can already punch harder than wakatsuki, who is a skilled karateka with a genetic aberration that lets him punch really hard. putting her in a kengan match would be deeply unfair to every kengan fighter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hibiki with no training or experience can already punch harder than wakatsuki, who is a skilled karateka with a genetic aberration that lets him punch really hard. putting her in a kengan match would be deeply unfair to every kengan fighter.

The power of goofy horny manga vs serious sometimes-horny manga.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It would be interesting to have a woman fighter for once.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

It would be interesting to have a woman fighter for once.

Do a what now? Does this look like Skullgirls to you?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ytlaya posted:

To Koga's credit, his usual reaction to getting hit is "I respect that you have hit me and I was wrong to talk poo poo." Which somehow makes it funnier than he keeps doing it.

Well, his reasons for talking poo poo have evolved over time. At first he was talking poo poo because he was a smug prick bully with an ego. His interactions with the cast have beaten that out of him(both metaphorically and literally), so now he's graduated to talking poo poo out of concern for his opponent(who then hits him to prove the concern is unnecessary).

Eventually he'll move on to getting hit for some other reason, and it will still be funny.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Do a what now? Does this look like Skullgirls to you?

Can't be, this story actually has a finished first entry :smith:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

IMO this is related to the weird poisonous centipede ritual that was mentioned in Kengan Ashura, I think it was Agito that underwent it. Essentially they lock a bunch of people up and the person who kills everyone is believed to be the strongest. The guy Gaoh is fighting has a mask with centipedes on it. So either we see Gaoh undergoing a version of this ritual or he defeated someone who underwent this ritual. Probably to prove he is strong enough to complete whatever his mission is.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Suspicious Lump posted:

IMO this is related to the weird poisonous centipede ritual that was mentioned in Kengan Ashura, I think it was Agito that underwent it. Essentially they lock a bunch of people up and the person who kills everyone is believed to be the strongest. The guy Gaoh is fighting has a mask with centipedes on it. So either we see Gaoh undergoing a version of this ritual or he defeated someone who underwent this ritual. Probably to prove he is strong enough to complete whatever his mission is.

oh cool, I never noticed that. I noticed that the Guardians who were secret agents of the Worm also had centipede tattoos, so I'm assuming they're all related

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

oh cool, I never noticed that. I noticed that the Guardians who were secret agents of the Worm also had centipede tattoos, so I'm assuming they're all related
Oh good call! https://mangadex.org/chapter/482105/11

Many -> One concept fits nicely with the the Niko Style succession. Maybe Gaoh was attempting to perform that ritual before he vanished.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol at why koga got expelled https://mangadex.org/chapter/688939/1

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

boo psycho cop gently caress off

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Bushmeister posted:

boo psycho cop gently caress off

he sucks real bad

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Blue lives matter

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Equeen posted:

he sucks real bad

It's a good thing our pal Gaoh was able to give him the slip! And he avoided that murderer who killed that businessman, what a lucky break.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'll be honest, I like Akoya more now that he's actually investigating a crime and not just taking justice into his own hands. It doesn't look good for Gaoh anyways given the previous encounter he had, although I suspect Gaoh is just taking down more of the body snatchers that have infested the Association since they probably relate to the worms.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That guy was in close proximity to a murderer, which makes him just as bad as the murderer himself - Akoya Seishu, Supercop

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestonJew posted:

That guy was in close proximity to a murderer, which makes him just as bad as the murderer himself - Akoya Seishu, Supercop

fiction imitates life

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 17, 2019

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait, she's a brunette?

I always thought the sister was blonde.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait, she's a brunette?

Same

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait, she's a brunette?

I thought this as well but both the danberu and kengan animes give her brown hair

Also Kure Clan teacher is in the latest danberu episode

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

And she is great.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Wait, the teacher is Karla's mom? Now I'm really disappointed that she didn't cross over more while Ohma was alive

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - https://mangadex.org/chapter/695083/1

Joji: "You don't want to use the spear hand. Fingers break easily."

Gensai, meditating under a waterfall somewhere: ???

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
I'm so glad Yamashita's home life has improved to the point where he can share a meal with his Large Sons, and to think it's all thanks to unregulated Blood Sport.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i want to see him fight gensai now

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

yamashita: toyoda is threatening to destroy the kengan association
also yamashita: my buddy toyoda invited me to visit, let's go hang out together

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
knife hands and straight punches are dumb, unless you've spent years breaking your fingers or you're a genetic freak whose body is 100% muscle tissue

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - https://mangadex.org/chapter/695083/1

Joji: "You don't want to use the spear hand. Fingers break easily."

Gensai, meditating under a waterfall somewhere: ???

I mean, Joji isn't wrong when you look at Gensai's track record of fights in the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

yamashita: toyoda is threatening to destroy the kengan association
also yamashita: my buddy toyoda invited me to visit, let's go hang out together

he knows he'll be the number 2 either way