Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

jjac posted:

Oh wow, Titan's fight dialogue can change based on context, that's neat :smith:

imperialism is bad when eorzeans do it too! who knew.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

ascii buff moogle saying some poo poo like "Just like when I poop I'm expecting us to wipe"

i really need this macro btw tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Krabboss posted:

I joined a couple's E2S clear party with my friend to try and help him get the clear on Monday night. They were constantly asking what everybody's numbers were since they weren't running ACT themselves. The couple were kinda low but passable, but they'd inevitably die each run. Rather than look at themselves, for some reason they were intent on trying to blame the AST for dragging the party's DPS down. I had to keep standing up for this poor AST without actually taking the bait and saying how anybody was actually doing since I didn't want to go to gamer jail again.

Never 👏 trust 👏 surname 👏 sharers

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Been levelling DRK, and started trying my hand at Extreme and Savage content on my journey to 70. Just got a PUG team through Shiva Extreme, which was very satisfying, especially since I was the main tank for the second phase.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The mood whiplash when you get Ifrit normal for your daily leveling roulette, but your 3 party members have the same surname from an anime, and you wipe 10 times because they won't attack the nail.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What would it take to wipe on cape westwind?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

yeah i need this too

Veriun
Mar 9, 2013

As long as we're alive,
good things will come.

And we'll be okay.
"Don't just stand there gawping! You're a healer, aren't you?" :aaaaa: The game acknowledges I'm a healer in a MSQ cutscene, holy poo poo! Sure, it had zero impact on the plot, but still, that's a nice touch! ...now if it could also allow me to just throw a Cure whenever there's an injured NPC instead of running across the map to get another healer, that'd be swell :v:

Also, I guess it was a mistake to set my home point to the Rhalgr's Reach aetheryte. I... I thought we were going to be here for a while...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

A time machine to six years ago.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

i've tried a handful of times to get myself killed by lahabrea while leveling gunbreaker

even when shooting myself in the head and clicking the invuln off, he either stops attacking, doesn't do enough damage, or the healers notice too quick and top me back off. i've yet to successfully pull this off

got gnb to 80 so i have no real reason to run msqdr again, but if for whatever reason i ever do again and i get prae, i'm going to d/c during the final cutscene so i can load in before everyone else and have some quality 1-on-1 time with that dipshit to see if i can't make the magic happen

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kitfox88 posted:

/p -= ○
/p -= \
/p -=  ∧⌒ヽフ
/p =≡ (\( ミ ^●^)
/p -= \( つ┯つ
/p = (◎) ̄(◎) ̄)
/p "Mechanics are for cars!

Speaking of macros that the devs remember, this is pretty relevant thanks to the eden raid.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

It's because he literally calls out the parallels between his behavior and yours. He just wants to fight strong people. You may not just want to fight but you enjoy fighting or you wouldn't even be playing this game. He's not literally a PC but the parallel is there and explicitly called out in game. You even have the option to say he's right and you're just in it to have fun fighting stuff.

e: regarding "zenos is a PC" not "people wanting to gently caress Zenos"

Zenos is playing a different game than the Scions and Ascians.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dryzen posted:

Even if it's a lovely composition I think it's a pretty valid point; I really feel like DPS balance has managed to be worse than it was before. There definitely seems to be some sort of disconnect between balancing the classes and fight design. Are they designing around class roles without actually finding ways to apply them in the fights? At least tanks and healers are doing okay??

The problem being that if dps requirements for enrage windows is that tight to where the difference between a MNK and a BRD in the same spot means an enrage wipe, where does that leave classes like RDM/SUM who's whole schtick is lower personal damage in exchange for Combat rezzing as a dps class? If the DPS requirements are that tight, even if you can get one or two people up and spare healers mp the rez sickness will still lower damage beyond the enrage threshold. There's only a small amount of things that really pushes BLMs and Melee away from a boss for any appreciable length of time (Thinking primarily of the disco death lasers in E1 and E4 transformation phases) but those same things affect RDM as well once doublecast is spent (SUM is still impacted, but less so due to Dreadwyrm/Firebird/Ruin II to plug gaps while moving. I've put up the question before on if the dps loss of bringing an RDM/SUM is worth it, and if dps requirements are really that tight then it absolutely isn't because if you're needing to combat rez you're hosed regardless. If that's the case, then RDM/SUM really need something else to warrant their raid slots against BLMs.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Great Gubal Library, where everyone except me is new, and I've only been there once. Disaster in the making, right? Well, no, as it turns out. I explained the fights to the best of my ability (and got a few abilities backwards, like the order of the AOE on the Demon Wall boss) and we wiped on the first and last boss once, but overall it went quite well.

After the dungeon the tank sent me a friend request, and this message:

This game :kimchi:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Sadly you are now condemned to getting increase tells from that person, culminating in them talking about how big their IQ is and how depressed they are because they're so smart and try to guilt you into dating them.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DizzyBum posted:

Never gets old.

...I should copy this macro word-for-word for summoning Automaton Queen.

just macro it to say YAAAAS QUEEN except in every channel available, including say and linkshells

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

i've tried a handful of times to get myself killed by lahabrea while leveling gunbreaker

even when shooting myself in the head and clicking the invuln off, he either stops attacking, doesn't do enough damage, or the healers notice too quick and top me back off. i've yet to successfully pull this off

got gnb to 80 so i have no real reason to run msqdr again, but if for whatever reason i ever do again and i get prae, i'm going to d/c during the final cutscene so i can load in before everyone else and have some quality 1-on-1 time with that dipshit to see if i can't make the magic happen

i think even then the only way you're gonna pull it off is wait for a shadow puddle, stand in it and shoot yourself in the loving head immediately before it detonates, otherwise you're just gonna get tagged by some dipshits completely pointless medica 2

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 8, 2019

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Leal posted:

Sadly you are now condemned to getting increase tells from that person, culminating in them talking about how big their IQ is and how depressed they are because they're so smart and try to guilt you into dating them.

internal screaming

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

code:
/say free kupo nuts
/shout free kupo nuts
/yell free kupo nuts
/p free kupo nuts
/fc free kupo nuts
/a free kupo nuts
/cwl1 free kupo nuts
/say his whiskers
/shout his whiskers
/yell his whiskers
/p his whiskers
/fc his whiskers
/a his whiskers
/cwl1 his whiskers

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Kitfox88 posted:

Truly a revelation alongside Heavensward's fantasy pope bad!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

anyway it's now tomorrow and i'm home from work so hopefully it's time to beat up innocence and tromp on toward what sounds like a fun last zone and msq conclusion

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

just macro it to say YAAAAS QUEEN except in every channel available, including say and linkshells

Verminion GO to the polls :byodood:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Vitamean posted:

code:
/say free kupo nuts
/shout free kupo nuts
/yell free kupo nuts
/p free kupo nuts
/fc free kupo nuts
/a free kupo nuts
/cwl1 free kupo nuts
/say his whiskers
/shout his whiskers
/yell his whiskers
/p his whiskers
/fc his whiskers
/a his whiskers
/cwl1 his whiskers

mol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

I came close to dying on Ultima Weapon phase 2 as a tank (in Prae, not the trial) by just chilling out at the airship crash point.

I'll probably be doing MSQDR till I have everything maxed...and possibly more since I've suddenly caught the urge to do anima weapons. I'll never be free.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

mol?

UHM ALA

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Vitamean posted:

code:
/say free kupo nuts
/shout free kupo nuts
/yell free kupo nuts
/p free kupo nuts
/fc free kupo nuts
/a free kupo nuts
/cwl1 free kupo nuts
/say his whiskers
/shout his whiskers
/yell his whiskers
/p his whiskers
/fc his whiskers
/a his whiskers
/cwl1 his whiskers

:hmmyes:

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Kitfox88 posted:

The kobold patrician's speech is partly why I feel people are way too lenient on Limsa when compared to Ul'dah and Gridania

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Amid the Flowers

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Karanas posted:

The kobold patrician's speech is partly why I feel people are way too lenient on Limsa when compared to Ul'dah and Gridania

b-b-but sexy pirate lady

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Forgot /echo

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

/micon Provoke action
/s Hey, <t>, look over here.
/ac Provoke <t>
/wait 2
/s Bitch.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/EdgeOfShadow_/status/1153667365630107648

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Two honest healers, four ice mages, and a newly unlocked gunbreaker who spends the entire fight trying to figure out which of his buttons work at level 49. Even then I think a tank working alone could probably beat Rhitayn.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Two honest healers, four ice mages, and a newly unlocked gunbreaker who spends the entire fight trying to figure out which of his buttons work at level 49. Even then I think a tank working alone could probably beat Rhitayn.

If you have honest healers then you are not going to wipe.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Uhm ala has free kupo nuts in his whiskers

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Emergency Maintenance on all servers about 10 hours from my post.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/1c50a1c03f5463099af5db81a3c09b7739c844a5

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

e: nevermind, gonna be fast asleep at that point

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

If you have honest healers then you are not going to wipe.

Remember that honest healers are also frequently very bad at healing too. :v:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

From the one time I wiped on that guy, the secret seems to be have me as your tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Remember that honest healers are also frequently very bad at healing too. :v:

https://twitter.com/vergiliaux/status/1159257986025439233?s=21