Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I fondly remember griefing the poo poo out his little safe space roleplaying town until he came and slayed us then tried to pass it off as a game mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Was that the "player town" that had click-portals to basically everywhere you could want to go?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bird food bathtub posted:

Was that the "player town" that had click-portals to basically everywhere you could want to go?

When I was playing last year it was just a rune library.

Also had a guild house full of secure chests filled with skill scrolls for Andi’s followers

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

soy posted:

I fondly remember griefing the poo poo out his little safe space roleplaying town until he came and slayed us then tried to pass it off as a game mechanic.

I just came in here to post that...

That had to be the funniest poo poo I've ever seen in a mmo.

"Why did an admin kill us?"

"It's a game mechanic, working as intended.."

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
So with the whole Steam Release + Discount coming in today, is anyone else thinking about getting on this server? The main servers seem kind of bland.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

It was Gorgan, who's very much still there, that did the zapping, not Andi. Andi just liked setting completely movable, depending on his mood, boundaries as to what we could get away with.

We left right as the T2 changes hit, so all armour/weapons you used to have will be useless, the houses disappeared, the guildstone is probably sitting on Angel's account if it even exists anymore.

Just scanning through the news page, it looks like they implemented that gardening/disease bullshit, reworked most of the dungeons, did something with Hunger, allowed runing in dungeons, took the Orcs out of Vesper(cunts), added a couple of factions to Order/chaos, added guild wars and a load more other poo poo.

Their last news update looks solid though and certainly can't be abused

Guards have been removed from the sewers
- the sewers are only accessible by Young Players now, so guards are not required any longer.

I'm tempted to have another go, I've re-opened the LOU channel in discord if anyone's interested.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Skyfire posted:

It was Gorgan, who's very much still there, that did the zapping, not Andi. Andi just liked setting completely movable, depending on his mood, boundaries as to what we could get away with.

We left right as the T2 changes hit, so all armour/weapons you used to have will be useless, the houses disappeared, the guildstone is probably sitting on Angel's account if it even exists anymore.

Just scanning through the news page, it looks like they implemented that gardening/disease bullshit, reworked most of the dungeons, did something with Hunger, allowed runing in dungeons, took the Orcs out of Vesper(cunts), added a couple of factions to Order/chaos, added guild wars and a load more other poo poo.

Their last news update looks solid though and certainly can't be abused

Guards have been removed from the sewers
- the sewers are only accessible by Young Players now, so guards are not required any longer.

I'm tempted to have another go, I've re-opened the LOU channel in discord if anyone's interested.

It begins...

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Can confirm that Legends of Aria (Early Access) is now on Steam. And only a year late!

Assuming you purchased prior to Steam, you can get your Steam redemption code by logging into your Legends of Aria account at https://www.legendsofaria.com.

I'll have to redownload and make sure the guild house and guildstone and PILES OF GOLD are still within the moving crate which should be in my bank.

I'm interested in getting back in if we get the gang together.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Angelwolf posted:

Can confirm that Legends of Aria (Early Access) is now on Steam. And only a year late!

Assuming you purchased prior to Steam, you can get your Steam redemption code by logging into your Legends of Aria account at https://www.legendsofaria.com.

I'll have to redownload and make sure the guild house and guildstone and PILES OF GOLD are still within the moving crate which should be in my bank.

I'm interested in getting back in if we get the gang together.

I would do that (getting your moving crate) asap.
I think the crates expire after a certain time...

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 7, 2019

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Wow those enchanting buffs are crazy strong but the prereqs are idiotic

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Angelwolf posted:

Unless you physically moved it in there, it won't be. They had to redo the whole putting everything in the bank box as I kept crashing the server with all the poo poo I had in mine. It changed to a bank box in the middle of the house, then everything went poof after a few months

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Skyfire posted:

Unless you physically moved it in there, it won't be. They had to redo the whole putting everything in the bank box as I kept crashing the server with all the poo poo I had in mine. It changed to a bank box in the middle of the house, then everything went poof after a few months

I can't see it there... guess it's gone?

I'm sure I remember packing things up and putting them in the bank though. Knowing my luck there was a rollback 5 minutes after doing so. Can start fresh though, I guess. If people are returning, I'm sure we'll have a chunk of money we can use to buy a new Church

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

[11:56 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: The gorgans pickaxe was used by goon squad to undermine everyone Else back then
[11:56 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: It was hell
[11:56 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: one goon squad member was great
[11:56 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: i dont remember his name tho
[11:56 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: but others were poo poo i guess
[11:56 PM] [PHR] Thyrfing/Havagrim: Well. Goons are back. :wink:
[11:56 PM] [DJs]👹Goratrix👹:

[11:56 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: not sure
[11:56 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: Took The devs at least 6 months before they discovered it
[11:57 PM] [DoW] Vulcore "Kitty Kat Man": Holy crap someone get that guy a coffee or a percocet. What a debbie downer
[11:57 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: gently caress goons!
[11:57 PM] c00lb12ns: seems all the good stuff is really rare. usually only get resourses from tmaps. then again i have terrible luck so..
[11:57 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: I will killl Them all like The Little shits they are
[11:57 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: @[DoW] Vulcore "Kitty Kat Man" are you referring to me?
[11:57 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: sir
[11:57 PM] [PHR] Thyrfing/Havagrim: I found em on UO Outlands aswell hehe..
[11:57 PM] [PHR] Thyrfing/Havagrim: They are everywhere!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm all for the reputation, but how does the logic that goons specifically used gorgan's picks to undermine everyone work out? Everyone higher than like 70 mining had one, they were just kind of standard fare for anyone mining.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm all for the reputation, but how does the logic that goons specifically used gorgan's picks to undermine everyone work out? Everyone higher than like 70 mining had one, they were just kind of standard fare for anyone mining.

Ya idk I had tons of them I couldn’t even be arsed to sell them.

Maybe because we had our town right next to that cave where the NPCs dropped them, and carebears were terrified to go anywhere near us outside of guard zones.

Those mouthy pubbies best be wary lest they motivate me to come back. I will poo poo on their bones.

soy fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 8, 2019

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

The cave was good for gargoyle picks, gorgan came from some mini champ, Savage? Don't understand how we supposedly abused it though?

e: soy will you be my trashy neighbor again

Mondian fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 8, 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
They accidentally broke the Gorgan pick where it was returning like 10 ore per swing and not using charges and we had a ready supply of them from the cave outside Goontown. It wasn't a huge secret and towards the end I was handing them out to newbie miners because we were lousy with them.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I wonder if my poo poo is still banked.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Stuff all seems to be banked still, assuming you banked it. Having said that, even stuff you had on your toon is still available.

Only thing missing is moving creates... Mine at least

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yup, rip a couple ethys and a bunch of irrelevant trash

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Are they still doing the "You Must Have a RP Compliant Name" bullshit? Because there were a lot of good names that got banned/locked/changed.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my main tamer bard man has 3 mil gold, should be enough to get started, not sure what house prices are yet.. just getting setup..

fyi if anyone has multiple accounts you're best off just using standalone client and not linking to steam (steam client can't switch accounts)

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Weltlich posted:

Are they still doing the "You Must Have a RP Compliant Name" bullshit? Because there were a lot of good names that got banned/locked/changed.

I tried to use the name Ronald Reagan about three months ago, as soon as my character hit town a GM appeared instantly. He told me political names aren't allowed. Not sure if that's still the deal.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I remember making a throwaway alt tribute to some PVP tryhard just so soy could take his counterfeit head when we were just getting started.

It bugged that dude soooooo much.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
somehow this is actually pretty dece

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Is there any reason to link to steam if I was a backer?

Texibus fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 9, 2019

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What's the best way to make some gold as a melee dude

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Texibus posted:

Is there any reason to link to steam if I was a backer?
Convenience, I guess? You don't have to put your login details in every single time you want to login.
If you hold multiple accounts, best to run Steam for your main account and standalone for alts (assuming you can spare the disk space).

eonwe posted:

What's the best way to make some gold as a melee dude
Uh, depends. If we get a bunch of goons playing again we can probably just give you cash so you can get geared up and do dungeon runs. If you're looking to start off the proper way (lol) I guess you can farm Brit sewers if that's still viable. Kill harpies and rats there. You'll gain weapon skill and money.

Weltlich posted:

Hard to say! I noticed that the naming rules Dove/Dante wrote up for Andi have been swapped out. The Server Rules are here.

Names
5. Names that are sexually explicit, homophobic, racist, or discriminatory are potentially subject to a name change.

Why was my character's name changed?
Your name was changed because it didn't fit our naming standards. If you don't like the name we gave you, you can request another one from a GM.

Nothing here about political names anymore now that Andi has gone. Coincidence?

e;
:siren: THERE IS A 1.5x SKILL GAIN BONUS UNTIL 16th AUGUST 2019 :siren:

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 9, 2019

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FYI even if you link to steam you can still login to that account with standalone.

I just uninstalled steam version but nice to have in library for posterity.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Was there a roll back? I made a lumberjack yesterday on LoU and.. it's gone.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Kortel posted:

Was there a roll back? I made a lumberjack yesterday on LoU and.. it's gone.

If you made it 2 minutes before server reset then maybe. LoU is FUN like that! :v:

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

The new church has been consecrated and is a stones throw away from Occlo moongate

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Angelwolf posted:

If you made it 2 minutes before server reset then maybe. LoU is FUN like that! :v:

I played for about a solid hour and got LJ to 72 last night. Just now catching back up. Planning on Fletching eventually.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Is olde goontown taken? That cave was good farming.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Any idea why I can't get ahk to work on the standalone client but its fine on steam client?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Is olde goontown taken? That cave was good farming.

It's derelict but also it isn't possible to build there anymore (ie, using /canplace says area is blocked).

Mondian posted:

Any idea why I can't get ahk to work on the standalone client but its fine on steam client?

Haven't tried yet... Does it have the option to select an exec to run on? Maybe they both have the same filename and it's getting confused.

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 10, 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

If you make me click through the server rules on every single character it's your own fault that I realize that naming a character "Jeffery Epstine" doesn't violate any of them.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

If you make me click through the server rules on every single character it's your own fault that I realize that naming a character "Jeffery Epstine" doesn't violate any of them.

Plz don't get clintonkilled over a bad joke :ohdear:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Now I want nothing more than to make this character, kill him and run around yelling ”I have information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of Hillary Clinton!" to anyone with Spirit Speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
lmao