Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Incessant Excess posted:

This week's Nitro doesn't have anything is stupid as that cagematch from two weeks ago but it's still worse than last week, should be another very strong episode.

the cage match was fine

the gist of it was that at the pay per view, there will be a 4 team match for the titles between Kronik (the champions) and 3 other teams that would be determined from that cage match

the first 3 teams to escape the cage would get into the PPV match

the Filthy Animals decided that they would be clever heels and wanted that PPV match to be odds in their favor, specifically to be Kronik/Animals/Perfext Event/Jindrak & O'Haire and leave MIA on the sidelines because Rey and Juvi have a ton of experience and would be able to pin Jindrak/O'Haire/Stasiak/Palumbo because they're green rookies (as opposed to letting MIA in)

so in that regards all the poo poo that bewildered Bryan and Vinny actually was logical booking...the heels get the two teams they want locked in the match, then attempt shenanigans to get themselves the last apot (by locking the door and opening up the roof to favor their more nimble wrestlers)

ultimately the heels are hoisted by their own petard in their arrogance and lose out to MIA and their chance at the title

its what happens on the PPV and Nitro that's even worse

the animals win a 1 on 1 title shot on the Nitro after NBR, one on one with the champs.then they get the job of being special guest officials during the tag match leading to Disco Tirantes as heel referee. eventually Kronik wins but gets attacked by Vampiro/Muta who then in a later impromptu match beat Kronik for the titles, and then on Nitro, the Animals win the belts.

note that for Nitro and the PPV the story was the Animals wanted to beat the rookies for the titles, but instead ended up beating the most experienced team of the 6 in the feud

davidbix posted:

No, 1997.

if I had to go between Luger as belt pillow and Hogg Wild vs NBR, I guess that works

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WOR has a really fun 30 minute interview with Kevin Kelly about the G1 before their Raw report today, I really dug what he had to say about calling it like a sport basically giving him the freedom to say things that don't have to necessarily mesh with the booking decisions (which he has no knowledge of) because he can adjust on the fly as a result.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I enjoyed Dave copping to getting THE MATH spectacularly wrong on the last show

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1158832491022602240?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I laughed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did he even move forward an inch? :stare:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Did he even move forward an inch? :stare:

I was going to say he cleared the ladder, but because the ladder floats backward on his jump he might not have even had to have forward motion to do that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He had some forward motion. You can see where the ladder's feet begin and end and while it does move, it's very slightly. Also his starting point is entirely over the blue part of the mat, and he lands almost entirely on the logo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This is why the ref is supposed to hold the ladder.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1159188810107781120

i think this was it

quote:

“Before Race, sweaty grapplers played to a relatively small but loyal and dedicated group of fans,” The St. Louis Post-Dispatch wrote in 2001. “After Race, wrestling is a megabillion-dollar industry with huge television contracts, pay-per-view spectacles and a sleazy soap-opera sensibility.”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dave is such an unabashed Tanahashi mark :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I died at Dave limiting himself to just Raw and AEW. And NXT. Oh and UFC. And Smackdown.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

jesus WEP posted:

I died at Dave limiting himself to just Raw and AEW. And NXT. Oh and UFC. And Smackdown.

It was a good full circle of maybe i'll retire to i guess i'll watch everything.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

And New Japan!

That was great.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Wonder if they'll change WOR's release schedule once Smackdown moves to FOX and AEW's weekly show debuts, arguably Raw is the third most important major show then.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Wonder if they'll change WOR's release schedule once Smackdown moves to FOX and AEW's weekly show debuts, arguably Raw is the third most important major show then.

I'm guessing it'll come out Thursday every week. He's not going to push it to the weekend just for Smackdown.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was watching an OSW Review episode and hadn't actually thought at all about the term "Nogger", and how they use it as the name of their fanbase. And so I looked it up and it was based on a What Bar, which was talking about what bar Virgil was.

They seemed very pleased with being able to use something that's almost the N-bomb, and don't even try to justify it by describing his outfit as like the packaging. Do they actually defend it further, or is it literally just an old, lovely, kind of racist joke?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

rotinaj posted:

I was watching an OSW Review episode and hadn't actually thought at all about the term "Nogger", and how they use it as the name of their fanbase. And so I looked it up and it was based on a What Bar, which was talking about what bar Virgil was.

They seemed very pleased with being able to use something that's almost the N-bomb, and don't even try to justify it by describing his outfit as like the packaging. Do they actually defend it further, or is it literally just an old, lovely, kind of racist joke?

The last one.

jesus WEP posted:

Even better since it starts with Bryan saying "in most normal companies," they would split duties. So the steamroller said he better watch everything but his favourite thing to watch.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It was extra funny cause he mentioned watching the Puebla show as well this week, which is also on Monday (and is better wrestling too)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Blue Demon Jr vs Dr Wagner Jr ***1/4

Boo this man.

Copa Triplemania **

BOO HIM

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Blue Demon Jr vs Dr Wagner Jr ***1/4

Boo this man.

Copa Triplemania **

BOO HIM

Yeah Copa Triplemania was worse than that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Rob filling in for Vinny this week :negative:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A massive upgrade on Craig filling in for Vinny

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

rotinaj posted:

I think you're overthinking it

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I think they're racists

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They're actually saying Nogga so it's not that bad.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
lance is closing his wrestling school. I don't know why I care but I always liked hearing Lance talk about training and his students.

I'm very curious how Peyton Royce managed to be so bad after getting trained by Lance, unless the whole "forget everything you know so you can learn the WWE style" just broke her brain, which is plausible

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
also internal flinching after breast implants

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Big tits

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Low Desert Punk posted:

lance is closing his wrestling school. I don't know why I care but I always liked hearing Lance talk about training and his students.
Did he say why?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

LividLiquid posted:

Did he say why?

no, bryan just read the statement on WOL. He'll be on a show tonight and Bryan said he'll ask him

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Let's all look at how adorable it is that Lance's website has been the same since 2000.

http://www.stormwrestling.com/index1.html

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Hopefully its not some health issue thats cropped up out of nowhere thats caused this.

Best case hes got a job with a promotion (hopefully aew)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Croc posted:

The whole reason he retired and became a trainer was so he could live a normal life at home with his wife and daughter and she's grown and left the nest, so a road job for AEW doesn't seem that farfetched since the touring schedule isn't bananas.

TNA is also an option since he and Callis are close, though I can't imagine him closing his school to go work at a Canadian indy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d imagine it has to be some kind of full time gig because the training was only running less than half of the year, wasn’t it?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The Croc posted:

Hopefully its not some health issue thats cropped up out of nowhere thats caused this.

Isn't he an angent/consultant for Impact?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

OctoberCountry posted:

Isn't he an angent/consultant for Impact?

Yeah hes done that a few times and had that special ref spot at a ppv.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's full-time with Impact unless WWE has made him an insane offer. He's turned down NXT before because of location.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
There is a war on, everyone who might make a difference in a fight is gonna get drafted.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HidaO-Win posted:

There is a war on, everyone who might make a difference in a fight is gonna get drafted.

When a wrestling war is about to start signing with Impact seems like moving to Switzerland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

forkboy84 posted:

When a wrestling war is about to start signing with Impact seems like moving to Switzerland.

LMAO