Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lesson learned, if you're gonna be racist on BB don't make it racism against asians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Man, they’re taking him to task. Good for them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

#JackEvictionParty is the #3 trending topic on Twitter in the US.

4th worldwide.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Lol Julie calls out a racist comment and then uses one herself. gently caress you Julie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Even before Julie went in on the racism and misogyny that crowd was just eerily quiet. NOBODY likes Jack.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Julie Chen Moonves had a heated gaming moment after that interview.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mother fucker.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
A Tommy HOH? Please god, no.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah Christie’s score is gonna be difficult.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh spoke too soon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Remember 10 minutes ago when things were good?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh well, it was a nice week.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
"YAy~" I say about Tommy's HoH as I chuck my field trip votes into the fuckin' traaaaash

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Field Trip could still save us/Kat.

But all those votes I wasted on Tommy. And he'll never know. And now he doesn't have to suffer for being a scumbag to Jack. Motherfucker.

Holly and Nick are going to crawl up his rear end in a top hat.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Field Trip could still save us/Kat.

But all those votes I wasted on Tommy. And he'll never know. And now he doesn't have to suffer for being a scumbag to Jack. Motherfucker.

Holly and Nick are going to crawl up his rear end in a top hat.

Hopefully at the speeeeeed of smellll

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This loving sucks.

I hate Big Brother again.

New Six here we come.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Teek posted:

Happy Birthday Tommy, hope they get you something nice tonight.

Sorry guys...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I will never forgive you.

I seriously have to recover from that roller coaster high to low drop. That was some worst case BB gods cruelty.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Since the producers are now about calling out the houseguests, can we get a pic of Tommy, his aunt & Christie in the HoH room?

Chrissie and Jackson should be locks for the Field Trip now. Maybe Kat as the third person for people to have a Strong Opinion on.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As much as I appreciate them calling out Jack on the show, it is awkward when its being done by the wife of a sex pest.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll accept a good thing happening for the wrong reason or with questionable context. Even if she went and said a slur. Julie isn't the point there. Jack's awkward, lovely responses and the crowd's eery silence were.

Yer Burnt posted:

Since the producers are now about calling out the houseguests, can we get a pic of Tommy, his aunt & Christie in the HoH room?

Chrissie and Jackson should be locks for the Field Trip now. Maybe Kat as the third person for people to have a Strong Opinion on.

Cliff maybe from hard feelings from his HOH week. Maybe Nick from the Nicole/Bella stuff. Maybe Holly from the Jackson stuff. Who knows? 5th is a total crapshoot. It could end up being a hardcore contingent of Jack fans who hate Jess for being overweight or something.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I don't watch the live feeds. Which Jack is the really bad one? I thought sociopath Jackson was the one everyone hated. But after that exit interview and these posts I'm confused

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're both really terrible. Everyone in Gr8ful has been really terrible this season and filled with entitlement and arrogance. I think #JackEvictionParty was really a culmination of BB fan frustration against Gr8ful and this season as a whole but there's something about Jack that really rubs people badly. I think his eviction speech in the house kind of summed it up nicely. He basically insulted everyone in a weird way but acted like it was nice. That's Jack. He's a prick.

But so are Jackson, Tommy, Christie, Holly, Ana, and Nick. It's an ugly season. And the weird thing is, there's near universal agreement out there. The little batches of BB random usually split on these things. Some hated Tyler and some loved him. Some hate Paul and some love him. But pretty much everyone hates Gr8ful.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Aug 9, 2019

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I try not to read anything but this thread for fear of spoilers, so it's good that everyone hates Gr8ful.

I was not a huge fan of Paul and Tyler, but I would have respected their games more if they just owned it. Like, they were certainly villains, but they also played good games. Well, I though so, anyways. Gr8ful just seems to be really negative and casting a dark spell on the house. They all just seem like huge assholes, on top of the racism/misogny. STAC, you have changed my mine about Christie's game, but none of them are playing particularly compelling games. So, basically, it's just a bunch of assholes being assholes.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I have to ask, why do people care so much about spoilers for BB? You're at worst learning about things 2-3 days earlier than everyone else and when you're immersed in the spoiler world you get to see what the people are REALLY like instead of the bullshit edit that BB gives them. Some of the most egregious examples being Jack/Jackson this season, Paul's toxic behavior in his seasons, Frankie's entire persona, etc. It's so much better being able to hatewatch than getting misted by the editors.

I understand not wanting Survivor spoilers, but in BB things can only be spoiled a day or two before they're public so it's not really ruining anything since nothing is possible to know more than a couple of days in advance (which resets every live show).

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Twin Cinema posted:

I try not to read anything but this thread for fear of spoilers, so it's good that everyone hates Gr8ful.

I was not a huge fan of Paul and Tyler, but I would have respected their games more if they just owned it. Like, they were certainly villains, but they also played good games. Well, I though so, anyways. Gr8ful just seems to be really negative and casting a dark spell on the house. They all just seem like huge assholes, on top of the racism/misogny. STAC, you have changed my mine about Christie's game, but none of them are playing particularly compelling games. So, basically, it's just a bunch of assholes being assholes.

Tyler and Paul also, ultimately, were way more interesting to watch in terms of gameplay. That Tyler was able to turn thing around for his alliance even though they were on the back foot of many HoH's early on was pretty fun.

Gr8ful are awful at this game, and we saw that come out this week when they were on the wrong side of the HoH and had zero idea of how to navigate that. An alliance only relying on winning HoH and not doing any social gaming is just, bleh.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

SweetJahasus posted:

I have to ask, why do people care so much about spoilers for BB? You're at worst learning about things 2-3 days earlier than everyone else and when you're immersed in the spoiler world you get to see what the people are REALLY like instead of the bullshit edit that BB gives them. Some of the most egregious examples being Jack/Jackson this season, Paul's toxic behavior in his seasons, Frankie's entire persona, etc. It's so much better being able to hatewatch than getting misted by the editors.

I understand not wanting Survivor spoilers, but in BB things can only be spoiled a day or two before they're public so it's not really ruining anything since nothing is possible to know more than a couple of days in advance (which resets every live show).

I used to read spoilers, but I find I am more engaged with the TV episodes when I don't know what will happen. I like reading this thread, because STAC, and others, will comment on what has happened in the live feeds without giving away anything.

Max posted:

Tyler and Paul also, ultimately, were way more interesting to watch in terms of gameplay. That Tyler was able to turn thing around for his alliance even though they were on the back foot of many HoH's early on was pretty fun.

Gr8ful are awful at this game, and we saw that come out this week when they were on the wrong side of the HoH and had zero idea of how to navigate that. An alliance only relying on winning HoH and not doing any social gaming is just, bleh.

Yeah, Gr8ful could have easily coasted to the end, but the trouble this past week was all of their own devising. It has been interesting to watch them implode.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
edit: honestly i didnt even know I made a post, sorry

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like imagine a world where people in that alliance had done some work with Jess and they also hadn't been so blatant about their alliance existing within the house. This would have been a way more interesting week to see how both sides would navigate things. But constantly leaving Jess out of every conversation and in some cases only just this past week asking about her personal life made it a slam dunk decision for her and everyone else on the outside, with almost zero possibility of a flip happening.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
The last several seasons of this show have beaten me down into basically needing to filter my experience of BB through spoilers in the other thread.

I would love to watch the show and have genuine suspense at the outcome of a competition, but these days it feels like around 90% of all outcomes are worst case scenarios.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I sort of think there's just this cycle of bad role models making bad players. Season after season we see this "mega alliance, house vote, nominate pawns, fight it out at the end" strategy return and strengthen. Paul and Tyler used it to manipulate people. The recruits all no nothing about BB except what they watched in sequester, and that's just a few of the last couple of seasons so they just see this style of play as what to do. Gr8ful seem to be all recruits and I've constantly heard them say about Cliff, Jess, or anyone who wanted to make moves or didn't want to just be their number "What's wrong with them? Don't they know how to play the game?" They hold up Paul and Tyler as role models who were screwed by bitter juries, not guys who hosed up and lost because of how they played. And players like Matt and Raven and Brett and Angela are what you're supposed to do to play well.

And the funniest thing to me is they ALL view "Vanessa Rousso" as this boogeyman to accuse other players of people. I think there's a healthy about of misogyny in that but its also absurd since Vanessa is the modern example of a player who started on the bottom, worked her way into a power place, saw her game get threatened, being one of the only players in modern BB history to survive being backdoored, formed a new alliance, found herself trapped in a losing F4, formed another, and just BARELY missed out on getting to the end. But for whatever reason instead of taking lessons from her this generation of BB fans see her as the example of what not to do and see Tyler and Paul as the example of what to aspire for since they're a combined 0-3 in Final Jury votes.

I blame Battle of the Block.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I feel like the broad strategy of the game has shifted (for the worse). Back in the day you always had two or more distinct sides that would battle it out, often with a see-sawing of power week after week, and then floaters playing the middle. I recall BB6 being possibly the most extreme example of this dynamic. It was the most enjoyable type of game play to watch because you would have low times and then great catharsis when your preferred team won.

Recently the game play has been one near-majority alliance, usually structured around shallow notions of popularity and social status, and everyone on the outside desparately wanting to be included. These people get strung along until they are inevitably picked off one by one

This show desperately needs another all star season, and I can't believe they haven't done one in 14 years.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I also think there's a positive feedback loop of bad production decisions leading to conservative gameplay, and then new players try to replicate the conservative gameplay they just saw last season leading to more bad production decisions to try to inject some life into the show which only just encourages even more conservative gameplay.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Lol this is good.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I’m surprised Christie kept it together as well as she did. I was expecting her to start yelling YES THROW IT

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Weeks like this I wish I read the other thread to find out the 3’s reactions beyond the diary rooms.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Weeks like this I wish I read the other thread to find out the 3’s reactions beyond the diary rooms.
Basically what you saw.

Christie's a wreck and everyone is trying to rationalize it to make her feel better. The best rationalization they've come up for is either (a) Its just "most relevant", not hated or loved; (b) its hated AND loved since some people voted for safety and some for nominee; and (c) it IS hated but its just bad timing because of the 6 blowup. Christie seems to have settled on that last one and come around to some idea of "I stood up for justice against Jackson and made myself a villain." Whatever that means.

Jackson just gets that its hated even as Holly has tried to rationalize it in all those other ways. Jackson's assumed he's been hated since way back in Week 2 when the DR called him in to give him a warning about all the nasty poo poo he was saying about David and Kemi. And then once he heard Kat and Christie were "demeaning his character." He and Holly have ATTACKED Kat and others about how they're hurting Jackson's image. So he knows he's hated, he just doesn't think he deserves it.

And Analyse is confused.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

My only hope tonight is the interesting thing happens and it opens up the game a bit.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

...not looking too good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
sis: pigeons are literally walking rats