Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I believe all cops are bastards

Oh you are just gonna love the troops then.

Like the one sergeant who took the doll baby one of our troops had to have on his person at all times for a bit (said servicemember was about to have a kid and someone higher found out when he said it'd be easy), sharpied it black, pulled the head off and wanted to leave it on the new, black, C.O.'s desk.

That sergeant is not with us anymore.

Other guy had the kid, its healthy and potato looking, because infant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
You must be a dense motherfucker if you think I have any love for "the troops"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Ok. I don't like you because you're a hypocrite who picks moral stances as a way to win arguments, not because he actually believes in something.

there is literally a cop in this thread talking about how racism isn't a problem except we did have this one dude that loved to write tickets for black people and no we never did anything about it

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Steezo posted:

Oh you are just gonna love the troops then.

Like the one sergeant who took the doll baby one of our troops had to have on his person at all times for a bit (said servicemember was about to have a kid and someone higher found out when he said it'd be easy), sharpied it black, pulled the head off and wanted to leave it on the new, black, C.O.'s desk.

That sergeant is not with us anymore.

Other guy had the kid, its healthy and potato looking, because infant.

He was the troops?!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

there is literally a cop in this thread talking about how racism isn't a problem except we did have this one dude that loved to write tickets for black people and no we never did anything about it

Yeah, he's an idiot. What's your point?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
As a reminder, this thread is to prevent copchat from making GBS threads up the rest of the forum. It is not an unmoderated cesspit.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Chichevache posted:

the point is he like the majority of cops allow poo poo heads to stay in the police force and don't do a loving thing about it

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

the point is he like the majority of cops allow poo poo heads to stay in the police force and don't do a loving thing about it

Basically his entire department has to be varying levels of pieces of poo poo for that situation to continue as described.

And at a guess that is not uncommon in departments across the country.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The sheer number of cops who are willing to be openly and publically racist on social media under their real names is a symptom of the disease.
The disease being that LE in this country is based on institutional racism that predates every single person alive today. To pretend otherwise is to stick your fingers in your years and "la la I can't hear you!". SpaceShuttleDoorGunner, you story about your department exemplifies exactly the problem. Dude is willing to openly say that poo poo in public conversations because he's had private conversations with multiple individuals who have supported his views.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I mean it gets pretty obvious when stuff like this keeps coming up nearly daily:

https://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/2019/08/michigan-police-officer-suspended-after-kkk-memorabilia-found-in-home.html

quote:

MUSKEGON, MI – A Muskegon police officer has been placed on administrative leave while the city investigates an allegation that his home contains racist memorabilia.

City Manager Frank Peterson said officer Charles Anderson, who is white, is on leave indefinitely pending the investigation.

The memorabilia was discovered by an African-American Muskegon man who toured Anderson’s house, which is for sale.

The Muskegon man, Rob Mathis, posted on Facebook that he and his wife saw Confederate flags in the house and garage, and a framed “Application for citizenship” to the Ku Klux Klan on a wall in a bedroom. Mathis posted a picture of the framed KKK document on Facebook.

Peterson confirmed that house, which is located in the northern Muskegon County community of Holton, is owned by Anderson.

“I immediately stopped my walk-through and informed the realtor that I am not writing an offer on this home and I am leaving now,” Mathis wrote on Facebook about after he saw the KKK document. “I feel sick to my stomach knowing that I walk to the home of one of the most racist people in Muskegon hiding behind his uniform and possibly harassing people of color and different nationalities.”

Mathis did not name Anderson in his post but concluded: “To the officer, I know who you are and I will be looking at resources to expose your prejudice. As for now pictures speak 1000 words.”

Peterson said Anderson has been on the Muskegon police force for more than 20 years.

Reached at his house, Anderson told an MLive reporter: “They said not to talk about it. That’s what they told me. Because it’s under internal investigation they said not to make a statement.” Anderson declined to elaborate.

The officer’s union, Police Officers Labor Council, declined to discuss the matter, saying they don’t comment on pending issues.

Edit: Better article with more details.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 9, 2019

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Since apparently reading comprehension is a weak point for everyone here, let me be really loving clear:

At no point in my post did I condone or state that I did nothing or tolerated it myself. I quit my loving job not long after that. I’m no longer a cop. I work in healthcare FFS. While I was there did talk about it to several people, all of who had that “he sucks, but he’s an okay cop” reaction. I’m not sure what exactly you moral giants here could have done better than I did given that all I had was vague rumors, mostly secondhand and my own intuition. This guy was at some points directly responsible for training new patrol officers, which I was at the time. And I still spoke up. And I ended up facing hostility and distrust from him and his friend, many of whom were my supervisors. Which also contributed to my leaving that field entirely.

Please tell me how you ideologically pure saints would have handled the situation. Or are we going to loving probate everyone here who had a racist superior that they didn’t summarily execute? Please point me to where I said I tolerated it myself.

I told to the story because the problem is that most cops are not “racist” most will do loving nothing about racists. That was my point. Goddamn. But I’m sure you’ve all sacrificed more than me in situations where you try to go against an entrenched organizational culture where you’re the junior guy. Nobody here seems to want to participate in good faith, even the moderation apparently.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Maybe you should have been clearer, because a bunch of people thought that. You still handwaved away a story of a person who represents the state as an authority with the ability to enforce his views with violence under the guise of service.
It's still a perfect example of my previous post.

What would I do? Not be a loving cop. At this point, as an institutitional entity, they are Klansmen in with a loving DHS grant.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Yeah, that’s exactly what I eventually did.

I did not handwave it away, I said it was common and culturally accepted with the police and standard practice in US LEO culture. That’s like the opposite of hand waving it away or accepting it. Yet somehow I get probated for saying “yeah, low key racism is common” yet the guys here who say they’ve never seen it get a pass? The gently caress?

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 9, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bulletsponge13 posted:

Maybe you should have been clearer, because a bunch of people thought that.

Maybe don't jump to the loving gallows. He doesn't owe you a loving thing, and you're making GBS threads on someone on a comedy internet forum for not sufficiently explaining how he walked away from a career doing exactly what you wanted him to do.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 9, 2019

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Yeah I'm pretty sure he even said "short career" right before that. I got the impression that he bailed pretty loving quick.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Chichevache posted:

I’m pretty sure you’re the guy who said they’ve never seen much racism with any of the guys you’ve worked with. Since nobody feels the need to be civil to me I’m just gonna say you’re full of poo poo and I don’t believe you if you’re the guy I’m thinking of.

Wow, yikes, how awful, where did I say that? In fact where was I not literally saying the opposite of that?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Godholio posted:

Maybe don't jump to the loving gallows. He doesn't owe you a loving thing, and you're making GBS threads on someone on a comedy internet forum for not sufficiently explaining how he walked away from a career doing exactly what you wanted him to do.

I didn't say kill him. Go back and look at my posts in response- I said it was a perfect example of the institutional racism of LEOs.

SSDG, I apologize if I came across as attacking you personally; that wasn't what I meant.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

bulletsponge13 posted:

I didn't say kill him. Go back and look at my posts in response- I said it was a perfect example of the institutional racism of LEOs.

SSDG, I apologize if I came across as attacking you personally; that wasn't what I meant.

Thank you. However, you’re not one of the people who insulted me and stamped my account with a “RACIST” probe because they either can’t read or expect me to loving shoot myself in the head because I wasn’t able to, years ago, before I was even that aware of concepts like systemic racism, singlehandedly fix an entire department as one of the most junior members.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
McNally is new to this modding thing. When threads devolve like this one did it’s a lot easier to just hand out 6’ers and tell everyone to straighten up. Calling you a racist or suggesting you are is extremely hosed up but I wouldn’t take it too personally. Lots of folks think I’m a racist gently caress, but that’s their problem, not mine. Just ignore it. You know what’s in your heart and nothing anyone accuses you of can change that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I’m pretty sure you’re the guy who said they’ve never seen much racism with any of the guys you’ve worked with. Since nobody feels the need to be civil to me I’m just gonna say you’re full of poo poo and I don’t believe you if you’re the guy I’m thinking of.

My department is majority Mexican. A white racist isn't going to last in that department and if any of the Mexican deputies are racist they say it in Spanish. I'm sorry my department did a better job of hiring officers that reflect the community than yours did. You might have had a better time in the profession if you moved to California.

Edit

I have been told "that's some white boy poo poo" a few times. :shrug:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Sorry for my tone, I was pretty irritated and I’m still sleep deprived from moving to night shift. I’ll probably take a break for a bit until I’m in a better frame of mind to talk about this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
McNally could also give you another 6er to explain that he was wrong on that one.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Sorry for my tone, I was pretty irritated and I’m still sleep deprived from moving to night shift. I’ll probably take a break for a bit until I’m in a better frame of mind to talk about this.

I get it. It's hard to come in here and be personally attacked every time you read this thread. I was pretty quick to dismiss you earlier instead of waiting for you to clarify your post. I apologize.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

McNally could also give you another 6er to explain that he was wrong on that one.

That's a cop move if I've ever heard one.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Hey man, good luck on night shift. Reign and Bang energy drinks may be your friend. Monster Rehab Tea + Lemonade is great, too. Buy in bulk on Amazon to save money. Better yet, buy coffee at Costco and save that way. Try to get into a decent rhythm of sleep. Make sure to exercise 3-4 times a week, even if its just biking or walking or running. Night shift makes you more likely to be depressed, gain weight, makes you more irritable, and all kinds of bad poo poo.

I just got off night shift and it's gonna take me a long while to readjust to a normal human schedule.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

My department is majority Mexican.

How does that work? Or do you mean they’re American with family ancestry from Mexico or naturalized?

If you do mean they’re Mexican on some kind of work visa arrangement, I would very much like to know more about how that works in your department.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

How does that work? Or do you mean they’re American with family ancestry from Mexico or naturalized?

If you do mean they’re Mexican on some kind of work visa arrangement, I would very much like to know more about how that works in your department.

Both. Most are American born, but in California an American born Mexican can still grow up speaking Spanish primarily to the point that they have the accent. I've got plenty of coworkers who are born in foreign countries.

I don't know all the details of their hiring process. I assume all of them are citizens, though I'm not sure of it since I don't do backgrounds. (My county is a sanctuary county that refuses to cooperate with ICE. We literally don't allow them into our jail to interview people.) Many of the guys I know for sure were born overseas also served in the military, so I assume they completed their citizenship before or during their service. I've got multiple partners just on my team that were born and spent their childhoods in Vietnam. I'm in vacation right now, but I'll ask them about their hiring process when I get back. I'm curious about it now that you've asked. I know at least two are dual citizens.

As far as demographics, I don't have numbers in front of me, but going off the team I work on, maybe 20-30% of the guys are white. About half the team is Mexican or other latino. The rest are a mix of Asian- primarily vietnamese and indian- and black. Based on the demographics in my county, whites are actually underrepresented in my department. I don't go out of my way to pry into personal lives, but I know of multiple openly gay deputies. We've got a decent amount of female deputies as well, but not as many as we should. Getting women into law enforcement is still a challenge.

Keep in mind, the team I work on is ~80 officers, which is just a fraction of the department. Not one member of my command staff is a white male either. Not even at the sergeant level.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
So Americans or dual-citizens rather than Mexicans.

Doing some googling, it does appear some agencies are down with hiring green card holders as leo without being citizens or necessarily on citizenship track, but citizenship is the most common standard.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

So Americans or dual-citizens rather than Mexicans.

I mean they identify as Mexican, but I can pass your classification along if you'd like.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I was curious as to whether your department hired Mexican citizens as cops in the US.

I’ve also worked with a significant number of very much American citizen people in the military who will refer to themselves as Mexican all day, but if some white guy like myself calls them Mexicans, they’re apt to take an otherization or racist meaning from it. So I tend to avoid calling American citizens Mexicans or use Mexican-American or latino/a if I know it’s appropriate.

FWIW, I’ve heard maybe one person IRL say Latinx; so far it remains a podcast word in my life.

My favorite El Paso soldier pickup truck I used to see had a huge decal that said, with the flags:

Hecho en Mexico :mexico:
Born in the USA :patriot:

Pretty good poo poo.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.newsweek.com/fbi-leak-black-identity-extremist-threat-1453362

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Super weird that the feebs keep having trouble recruiting minorities. Absolutely mystifying why that might be.

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

i just watched the nypd ticket a man for turnstile jumping in the subway. they’re having a big push for it with cops spending their time hanging around the turnstiles waiting to grab people & ads on the trains. it is supremely hosed, how on earth do they think someone who can’t afford a $2.75 ticket can afford a $100 fine. plus they still arrest people for this (overwhelmingly black & brown people, of course). it is sucking people into the criminal justice system for being poor.

kudos to the ex-cop who quit his job, you did the right thing.

the solution to this isn’t 👏 more 👏 leftist/women/poc 👏 cops 👏 - it is radically changing how the justice system works. i don’t give a poo poo that black & brown or women cops are doing the oppressing, that doesn’t make policing better and that doesn’t make it less racist & sexist in its application. the structure itself is rotten.

i’m stealing a quote from google here to explain the viewpoint of police abolitionists (some princeton class idk):

quote:

In her article, she charts three currents central to the argument for police abolition: that policing must be understood in the long history of enslavement and settler colonialism; that policing is not a tool of neutral unbiased law enforcement, but a fundamentally racialized, gendered, and capitalist instrument; and because raced, gendered, and capitalist violence is fundamental to police, police cannot be fixed and so must be abolished. Rather than aiming to improve policing through better regulation and more resources (e.g. training, oversight, body cameras), an abolitionist approach to reform aims to shrink the aggregate role and space of police in the world, with the ultimate goal of eliminating our reliance on criminal law enforcement altogether.
i hope that helps explain where a bunch of us in the thread are coming from, because i feel like we’re falling into arguments that aren’t central (e.g. are cops less/more/just as racist as everyone else in the country). 13th is a really good documentary charting the evolution of slavery to modern policing and mass incarceration, if anyone hasn’t watched that yet.

as a side note, i’ve been promoting some community agreements in the discord because i think we could be doing better with how we treat each other:

quote:

assume good faith: approach a disagreement as if the person on the other side is a good person with good intentions, even if you aren’t seeing eye to eye atm.

call in, not out: if someone’s behaviour is causing you concern and you’d like to see it change, talk to them about it in an open and receptive manner! try doing this one-on-one if you’d think it’d help.

leave a path: if your actions & words only leave room for escalation & hurt feelings that’s the likely outcome. make sure you’re leaving a path for a respectful resolution.❤️
HOWEVER i don’t think it is possible to have a good faith discussion about policing with people who are currently cops, just as i don’t think open & civil debate with ICE, proudboys, etc. can (or should) exist.

i don’t know how to make this thread function.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

hot sorcery posted:

HOWEVER i don’t think it is possible to have a good faith discussion about policing with people who are currently cops, just as i don’t think open & civil debate with ICE, proudboys, etc. can (or should) exist.

If you refuse to have a discussion, then you don't.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 10, 2019

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

i wasn’t really meaning me personally, godholio, i don’t engage with cops in this thread (or elsewhere). people were commenting on how this thread is operating and i was adding my perspective.

broadly, i am not sure how a thread can function when one side is upset about police violence and one side is defensive about policing. i don’t think a space can exist for both of those things to happen. i don’t think a shared understanding can be reached.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Crakkerjakk posted:

Super weird that the feebs keep having trouble recruiting minorities. Absolutely mystifying why that might be.

Get rid of those stupid weed rules they've got. Honestly, I really wanted to go after white collar criminals, because they're the biggest existential threat to the world, but dumb rules on pot meant I was already eliminated from the hiring process before I got into high school.

mlmp08 posted:

I was curious as to whether your department hired Mexican citizens as cops in the US.

I’ve also worked with a significant number of very much American citizen people in the military who will refer to themselves as Mexican all day, but if some white guy like myself calls them Mexicans, they’re apt to take an otherization or racist meaning from it. So I tend to avoid calling American citizens Mexicans or use Mexican-American or latino/a if I know it’s appropriate.

FWIW, I’ve heard maybe one person IRL say Latinx; so far it remains a podcast word in my life.

My favorite El Paso soldier pickup truck I used to see had a huge decal that said, with the flags:

Hecho en Mexico :mexico:
Born in the USA :patriot:

Pretty good poo poo.

Alright. I can respect that. Around here it's a point of pride, and I've never met anyone of Mexican descent, no matter which side of the border they were born on, who didn't identify as Mexican.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

hot sorcery posted:

i just watched the nypd ticket a man for turnstile jumping in the subway. they’re having a big push for it with cops spending their time hanging around the turnstiles waiting to grab people & ads on the trains. it is supremely hosed, how on earth do they think someone who can’t afford a $2.75 ticket can afford a $100 fine. plus they still arrest people for this (overwhelmingly black & brown people, of course). it is sucking people into the criminal justice system for being poor.

kudos to the ex-cop who quit his job, you did the right thing.

the solution to this isn’t 👏 more 👏 leftist/women/poc 👏 cops 👏 - it is radically changing how the justice system works. i don’t give a poo poo that black & brown or women cops are doing the oppressing, that doesn’t make policing better and that doesn’t make it less racist & sexist in its application. the structure itself is rotten.

i’m stealing a quote from google here to explain the viewpoint of police abolitionists (some princeton class idk):

i hope that helps explain where a bunch of us in the thread are coming from, because i feel like we’re falling into arguments that aren’t central (e.g. are cops less/more/just as racist as everyone else in the country). 13th is a really good documentary charting the evolution of slavery to modern policing and mass incarceration, if anyone hasn’t watched that yet.

as a side note, i’ve been promoting some community agreements in the discord because i think we could be doing better with how we treat each other:

So, fair warning up front, I might ramble a bit because I've been drinking. Probably some grammar errors, too.

What's the alternative for enforcing laws, if police were abolished?

This is a good faith question. I'm not trying to gotcha you or anything.

I ask because I broadly agree that societies, and especially the USA, punish people for things that shouldn't be criminalized. But, beyond that, there are a bunch of things we criminalize that I believe absolutely should be unlawful, and I think we need a mechanism for enforcing those restrictions.

I've posted about this before, but I was a reserve cop in Louisiana for a couple years. I was young and dumb and bored with my day job, and I wanted to do some good for the local community. I looked the other way on victimless "crimes" like smoking pot, because who gives a poo poo, but frankly I shouldn't have had to do that.

There were laws I was all in on enforcing, though. I took a call for a grown man who had kidnapped and raped a 13 year old girl. Dude 100% deserved to be in cuffs for what he did to her. My partner and I arrested him.

Took another for a DV call. My partner and I burned rubber to get there, and along the way it turned into a shooting call. We arrived on scene maybe 5 minutes after the call came in, closely followed by the whole shift, and arrested the shooter. We were able to save to one victim, but we couldn't save a 5-year-old kid who took a gunshot wound to the head. He was alive when I found him, but he died in the operating room. Kid's name was Reese Williams Jr. Shot at the Southern Living mobile homes, died in University Health hospital. I stood next to his operating table and watched him die. One of my buddies killed himself over it. Couldn't live with the thought that maybe he could have gotten to the scene faster. RIP Officer 3765, EOW 6 Sep 17.

Another DV call. This guy was a cop. He was a deputy for a neighboring parish. Also a soldier in the Louisiana Army National Guard. Beat the poo poo out of his wife after a night out at the bar. My sergeant made the arrest, just to make sure we dotted all the Is and crossed all the Ts. Didn't want to chance that we might gently caress something up and let this shitheel off on a technicality. I bring it up because I made probably a dozen DV arrests, but this was the only one where the victim actually followed through on a restraining order. The rest took their abuser back.

Institutional racism is a huge problem. I wish I had an answer to it. I don't. My podunk department had significantly more stringent background checks than what the US military ran for my TS clearance. Despite that, we still had a couple cops get kicked out for bigoted arrests, and another guy get fired for using excessive force during arrests. IA used my dashcam footage to fire one of them. We only had 8 officers on patrol per shift, and if somebody was poo poo, we reported it and ran them out of town. I can't imagine what it's like to work for a big department like the LAPD or NYPD. We did (I think) a pretty decent job of screening for shitheads, and forcing them out before they could cause trouble. But I can't speak for any other agency, because we don't have anything approaching a uniform national standard in the US for policing. Just state POST requirements, which range from reasonable to pitiful.

What I'm getting at is, what's the alternative? Should everyone be armed at all times? Is vigilante justice the answer? Is an armed society a polite society? (hint: it's not) How does a society without cops deal with murder, or rape, or any of the myriad of crimes that shatter lives, and that we generally agree merit isolation from society at large? I know the cliche answer is "fix our broken mental health care and social services" but until that happens, what's the best choice? In theory the idea is that we outsource violence and danger to the cops, but if that isn't working, what else do we try?

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 6, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

No cops, no guns.

:v:

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

Godholio posted:

No cops, no guns.

:v:
godholio you can’t use “good faith” to police (lol) other people’s responses and then post things like this!! i know you’re joking and don’t actually think that sums up my viewpoint but everyone feels strongly about this issue and it would be easy to read this as you being flippant or dismissive!

i’m chatting with arc light now, will respond to him properly in this thread tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Whenever I see anyone post "abolish the police" it boggles my mind. Even "abolish the current criminal justice system and build a new one" is a pipe dream, although that is slightly less insane than just having no police force.

I'm not sure how society would function under such a system - vigilante justice and public lynchings?

How do you deal with, investigate, and prosecute kidnappings, murder, child abuse, child sex abuse, or other serious crimes?

How do you deal with situations like the following?
SWAT Fatally shoots kidnapper after he tries to make a run for it after a 2 hour standoff where negotiations failed?
https://youtu.be/fxYPp-OOJuQ

Cincinnati PD engage and kill an active shooter
https://youtu.be/UokZZSwNy_8

Cops engage active shooter
https://youtu.be/pGtrSpVKmyE

How would we deal with active shooter situations in a society without police? That's a serious question. Concealed pistol permit holders aren't everywhere at every time, and aren't trained to run towards the gunfire.

How about other kinds of terrorist attacks?

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 10, 2019