Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
EVE has dropped most of their WWE talent (Viper and KLR are defo gone; pretty sure Nina Samuels is as well, they lost Toni Storm in December) but they have people in reserve to move up - plus for whatever reason they weren’t as controlling over their female talent so you had them losing to Jamie Hayter and other people on the way out at various times so it felt less awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1148980407116996608

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1152918646961758209

PROGRESS introduced the Proteus title. Whoever's champ gets to pick the stipulations for the matches they defend it in. First champ's crowned in a Rumble at Alexandra Palace this September

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1157007112205230081?s=19 God drat this looks like a good match

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Defiant/Whatculture thing has folded.

Jim Smallman is leaving progress.

Thanks wwe imo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So is Smallman taking a WWE desk job or just cashing out?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tweeted that he still works for NXT UK as his "day job" so yeah the former

Very punk rock of him imho

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All the kids that crossed their arms and mumbled "that's not punk rock" grew up and became middle management, lol.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

So who all is running PROGRESS at the moment if Jim is stepping away and Jon and Glen are also working for NXT UK?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jon and Glen are still doing it. Jim is just giving up all his public performance poo poo from the looks of it and I guess that boiled down to his main contribution to PROGRESS being off the table.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

coconono posted:

All the kids that crossed their arms and mumbled "that's not punk rock" grew up and became middle management, lol.
:hmmyes:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

I hear that having a kid is a rather expensive undertaking.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aew will save britwres

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Super No Vacancy posted:

aew will save britwres

Nah, OWE will save it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nothing is more punk than selling out

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Super No Vacancy posted:

aew will save britwres

very proud to be represented internationally by kip sabian and jimmy havoc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1157681503201107968

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sweet here we go again

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Was always gonna happen once they started this gearing up for the VIP tier of the Network. (Though it's gonna be hilarious when some of the archives of the indies they're using get cut to shreds because they used to use NJPW/AEW talent.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don’t think it’s that much of an issue because NXT UK has most of the top shelf newschool UK talent locked up. Also, the most vocal boot lickers will likely reup their contracts if they’re not already begging to sign extensions.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It's pretty much exactly what they did before when half the roster suddenly couldn't work any U.K. indies worth a poo poo because they almost all have VOD services, then it changed back, and now it's happening again because ???

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's pretty much exactly what they did before when half the roster suddenly couldn't work any U.K. indies worth a poo poo because they almost all have VOD services, then it changed back, and now it's happening again because ???

This time they've actually got stuff from other indies already starting to show up on the Network, so it seems they're finally going through with the "put EVOLVE/PROGRESS/wXw etc on the Network" thing that's been rumored for like 3-4 years now

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Which is why RevPro are probably in the best position. When WWE did that the first time, RPW signed a deal with NJPW rather than rely on NXT UK talent. So they've had a massive headstart on rebuilding their roster as well as having NJPW guys at their disposal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Evolve's basically anchored by WWE so I'd expect the same to happen with PROGRESS. Maybe a yearly special on Network and have to dance around who owns what in their operation.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

At Summer Sizzler David Starr fights a person of Andy Quildan's choosing. If Starr wins, he runs RevPro. If Starr loses, he leaves RevPro

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1147964797989871618

Oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/TheIndyCorner/status/1158055647440723969?s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Calling it, ELP runs in to cost Ospreay the match.

Also, Meltzer had more details on the EVE/Equity thing. Apparently it means that wrestlers are eligible to join Equity, and that means they can potentially get the same kind of insurance that stuntpeople or circus performers would in case of injury while performing. AND because being in a union is legally protected here in the UK, NXT UK peeps could join and WWE can't do poo poo about it or they'd likely be open to a massive lawsuit.

Now Dunne et al are bootlicking dipshits so they WON'T join, but all it would really take is one or two to start the ball rolling.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Gaz-L posted:

Now Dunne et al are bootlicking dipshits so they WON'T join, but all it would really take is one or two to start the ball rolling.

Who do you think would be the most likely to do so, if at all?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No big surprise or anything but Jim said that tonight was his last North American Progress show. Glad I got to see him live at least once, and hope his talents aren't wasted in WWE (lol)

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Chris James 2 posted:

This time they've actually got stuff from other indies already starting to show up on the Network, so it seems they're finally going through with the "put EVOLVE/PROGRESS/wXw etc on the Network" thing that's been rumored for like 3-4 years now

coconono posted:

Evolve's basically anchored by WWE so I'd expect the same to happen with PROGRESS. Maybe a yearly special on Network and have to dance around who owns what in their operation.

I always wonder how wXw fits into this plan: unlike Evolve, who morphed into NXT lite, or Progress, who has a bunch of talent signed to WWE, wXw only has a few wrestlers on WWE contract, and they're less reliant on them (at least storyline wise, obviously Walter and Ilja are the most well known by far). If they were forced to stop having Walter or Ilja on streaming, it certainly wouldn't be the end of the world for them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another week, another company's death

https://twitter.com/JamesDrake_GYT/status/1161011451290705920

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

But nxt uk is good for british wrestling :)

Edit: I realize that there was always a saturation point but its gonna go back to the tumbleweed derth of the 90's/00s very soon.

At least it feels that way.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It's my local and it's a shitter, but they have pretty valid reasons. It's a catch 22 of the area having gently caress all in terms of larger venues willing to take on wrestling, with the cost of talent going up way more than they can justify putting up the cost of tickets which they'd have to do since they can't physically sell any more due to already selling out the smaller halls.

It's been a decent 6 year run though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

anyone going to OTT Road to 5th year anniversary in September!?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

so it looks like Schadenfreude/CCK are starting their own promotion? I thought Brookes started Attack! wrestling himself as-is?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

the escape goat posted:

so it looks like Schadenfreude/CCK are starting their own promotion? I thought Brookes started Attack! wrestling himself as-is?

Brookes took over booking from Andrews and Dunne last year, I think? I know the Defend Indy Wrestling boys started Attack.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

the escape goat posted:

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1161402917645094913 they sure are

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

anyone going to OTT Road to 5th year anniversary in September!?

yup like always.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/bcwofficial/status/1161729625887780866

hairy guy vs hairless guy is always a good matchup

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

hahaha that loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU