Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

huh posted:

A tangled web titan helmet just dropped with a perk called Scatter Projectile Targeting. I play this game every night and I I swear I've never seen this before.

Have you seen/used it?

"Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Auto Rifles, SMGs, Pulse Rifles, Sidearms, and Fusion Rifles."

Yeah that ones been in a while. The Eimin-Tin Ritual Mask (Warlock drop from one of the baron heroic adventures) is guaranteed to drop with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Sweat rules are loving moronic and suck all the fun out of everything.

I played in a Aussie tournament and the only rules were no supers, no fusions and one of each class. 3v3. I took in A Wavespitter and won. The tears were amazing.

But yeah. Sweats are just hunters with hand canons and shotguns and its the same lovely play style cunts have been doing for 5 years now.

In all fairness there was a tourney this weekend and snipers were quite prevalent. BSK has some absolutely sick snipers. The most common loadout was spare rations and beloved. Top tree warlock with transversive was pretty popular. The super lasts forever and you can use Phoenix dive to peek corners.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What's the deal with Beloved? Eyeing the perks and stats I think it should be a PVE gun but it's everywhere in crucible right now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

What's the deal with Beloved? Eyeing the perks and stats I think it should be a PVE gun but it's everywhere in crucible right now.

It's in the right slot, good perk pool, easy to farm, good stats for it's archetype

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's in the right slot, good perk pool, easy to farm, good stats for it's archetype

I keep meaning to farm a good twilight oath in menagerie one of these days.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

xzzy posted:

No Distractions.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

No Distractions.

Quickdraw/snapshot is really good as well.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Emron posted:

Menaj is still the best thing. Just got a max range backup plan / moving target erentil and now i can stop using banshee like a slot machine.

still need a good waking vigil

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

No Distractions.

Opening Shot is better. :ssh:

I get that it's easy to farm Beloved but it seems like there's much better guns out there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Menaj is still the best thing. Just got a max range backup plan / moving target erentil and now i can stop using banshee like a slot machine.

Keep at it buddy, what you really want is under pressure + backup plan.

https://i.imgur.com/L1o7mMW.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I don't remember the reason for tlw but the 140 snipes is because it can kill in two body shots

I'm more interested in trying it because I'm sick of qp. All the lovely maps and infinite supers.

Yeah I know the reason they ban 140s, I still think it's stupid. Its in the same vein as banning titan skating then letting Phoenix dive, in air dodging and hunters roll go as being just part of the class.

It's still definitely worth doing. Private matches are fun as gently caress.

I just don't like how a lot of the rules are geared toward
-play as a hunter
-use handcannon to peek shoot/team shoot
-use shotgun for trades when you have life advantage

Which is how 90% of sweat games usually go.

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
TLW gets banned because its TTK with 4 body shots is still lower then other hand cannons that get all headshots. That's the reasoning anyway as I understand it.

All the hard counters to aggressive shotgun apeing being banned to me says, we've decided there's the one true way to play this game skillfully.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The DRB bois are getting real salty at the rise of fusions, I got a couple hate messages over the weekend demanding I use a "real gun."

One of them was a game where my team got owned so hard we were mercied, mister diamond elo still felt it was important to sass me about my weapons.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

I got one with full bore, accu and opening shot with a range mw and yeah it's a little clunky compared to my usual QD rifles but its incapable of missing the head. Plus the usual double body bullshit if you're in a hurry.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

The DRB bois are getting real salty at the rise of fusions, I got a couple hate messages over the weekend demanding I use a "real gun."

One of them was a game where my team got owned so hard we were mercied, mister diamond elo still felt it was important to sass me about my weapons.

fr salt mail is the best.

sure thing buddy, I'll let you know when my load out breaks the top 5 on guns used :rolleyes:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Apes complaining about guns that require skill and good shot placement? Well I never!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

As I said there's a lot of sniping especially on head glitches.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

the luke smith blog post delayed until next week. 2 parts at about 4000 words each

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48049

solstice armor miniboss requirement changed from 100 to 50 next week
Completing the final boss round contributes an additional 5 points of progress
all current progress will be applied

cross save page goes live 8/20, cross save goes live 8/21

Preview events/streams:
1. 'Director's Cut' with Luke Smith (blog posts)
2. Armor Customization Preview livestream
3. More Shadowkeep details at gamescom
4. Cross Save launch
5. How Seasons will change in D2Y3
6. PVP reveal for Shadowkeep
7. An invitation to the Crucible at PAX

Armor 2.0 reveal livestream next week 8/14

Roman fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 8, 2019

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It's all good stuff, and it's a good sign that PVP is not just a few tweaks and they feel it has changed enough to warrant its own reveal and showcase

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The MOTW is pretty dope

That's a lot of seventh columns

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Roman posted:

It's all good stuff, and it's a good sign that PVP is not just a few tweaks and they feel it has changed enough to warrant its own reveal and showcase

I kinda hope we get old heavy system for one thing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm interested to see how exotics interact with Armor 2.0. Will we need to grind out new versions of all the armor pieces we already have, or can they be pulled from collections as 2.0? Will collections have to have two versions of each piece? Will any boots not have Traction as one of their mods?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
just make base movement as good as traction so we can actually use neat boot perks

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

This.

Also removal of the 10 worst maps with replacement from the 10 best maps.from D1.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

The MOTW is pretty dope

I feel more like I endured a trauma watching that than anything else.

*pulls my victim blanket tight around myself*

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

actionjackson posted:

The MOTW is pretty dope

Video is called Elevate and thumbnail is of sniper in mid-jump. Video is actually mostly shots made from crouching position.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

just make base movement as good as traction so we can actually use neat boot perks

Makes traction maneuverability the new default.

Updated Traction perk is now even faster.

Reddit: “Bungie, why isn’t THIS the default??”

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Makes traction maneuverability the new default.

Updated Traction perk is now even faster.

Reddit: “Bungie, why isn’t THIS the default??”

Maybe in the next few years we will be able to move as fast as D1

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just make traction a node in the subclass menu so pissbabies can turn it off if they want and the real hitters can have it left on all the time.

Also bring back Asylum, Firebase Delphi, Cauldron, Thighlight Gap and Rusted Lands.

Also give me some in air accuracy, remove countdown and change it to normal elimination and bring back 3 man trials with cards and boons and increase primary crit damage to people in supers.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

BlindSite posted:

I always thought there was a weirdness to the old "now it's heavy time" but at least it was better than having to fight your teammates for it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Monday_ posted:

I always thought there was a weirdness to the old "now it's heavy time" but at least it was better than having to fight your teammates for it.

The tactic of saving a super for heavy spawn and dive bombing it was super great fun though.

https://i.imgur.com/ojwkohY.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Monday_ posted:

It's super lame the way it is now.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

The tactic of saving a super for heavy spawn and dive bombing it was super great fun though.

https://i.imgur.com/ojwkohY.gifv

Same except going 3 for 3 with Quiver on that specific box.

I miss D1 ammo pulls. I'd keep D2's treatment of Special but I'd love Heavy to come back exactly as it was. Some of my absolute best and most fun lone wolfing in D1 was on the Heavy box, having to gently caress on squads for couple minutes while they'd try to set up base once everyone else had run off after a pull.

My rose tinted glasses are sitting on my face perfectly.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Didn't they swap to one pull per match in ROI? I feel like it was multiple prior? Whatever, I bullied the box a lot and it was tits.

Monday_ posted:

it was better than having to fight your teammates for it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
It used to be two pulls a match but hmgs with hilarious reserves were causing problems. Hmg ammo per pull was brought down and heavy reduced to a single spawn time

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I miss the days of maining btrd for an entire loving match

but yeah. Single pull for both teams was better than what we have now.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
[heart-eyes-emoji] btrd [heart-eyes-emoji]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It used to be two pulls a match but hmgs with hilarious reserves were causing problems. Hmg ammo per pull was brought down and heavy reduced to a single spawn time

Field scout and I wanna say extended mags on jolders was rediculous in its day.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Some clips of mine from the past few weeks

https://youtu.be/iEicr0wLAVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Paracelsus posted:

Video is called Elevate and thumbnail is of sniper in mid-jump. Video is actually mostly shots made from crouching position.

Maybe there was already a crouch montage