Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I think Team Yell should've been named Team Scream or Cheer or something. In Japanese yell is equivalent to a cheer of support so it makes sense but it sounds real silly in English.

Since their logo is a Y they really couldn't go for Team Shout or anything.

They could've gone for Team Yahoo though

New page, same great obstagoon:
https://twitter.com/WeirdScience9/status/1159196832205017090

Abundant Atrophy fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

They're probably saving Team Scream for a horror themed evil team or something. Although I agree it seems like a wasted opportunity. Yell is a dumb as gently caress name.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The legendary wolves are cyan and magenta.

Team Yell is probably going to do something with the third legendary, who'll represent yellow.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah they're Yello because cyan-magenta-yellow. No way would they be Team Yahoo because that would get into trademark territory.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
watched detective pikachu and that was...okay! It was very okay. I'm glad I watched it. I probably would not watch it again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like Team Yell.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I did not know that about their logo, I admit I have not looked closely at them. They're no Skull, but Marnie is real good.

Also I know nothing of colors, is there a connection between Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow? Or are they just all colors?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Abundant Atrophy posted:

They could've gone for Team Yahoo though

the ya-hoodlums

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/chuchumcgoo/status/1159142559849074690?s=19

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Also I know nothing of colors, is there a connection between Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow? Or are they just all colors?

RBY

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
why is everyone in the fantasy uk a punk

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I did not know that about their logo, I admit I have not looked closely at them. They're no Skull, but Marnie is real good.

CMY colour model. CMYK (CMY plus blacK) is used in printing including your printer at home that asks for cyan, magenta, yellow or black toner. It's subtractive unlike RGB (used in electronics) which is additive. It's a well-known-ish triad that they were probably going to use in a Pokemon game sooner rather than later.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Aug 9, 2019

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

mandatory lesbian posted:

why is everyone in the fantasy uk a punk

Punks came from the UK so everyone in the UK is a punk.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

it's a subtractive color wheel usually used by printers. magenta and yellow make red, yellow and cyan make green, and cyan and magenta make blue

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Abundant Atrophy posted:

team yob

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Why does Team Yell(ow) wear magenta and black

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I wish they weren't wearing predominately black and grey. Team Skull already did that just last generation.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

dungeon cousin posted:

I wish they weren't wearing predominately black and grey. Team Skull already did that just last generation.

Sorry, the only good things from SwSh are to be lifted wholesale from SM. (Regionals, Team Skull)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Sorry, the only good things from SwSh are to be lifted wholesale from SM. (Regionals, Team Skull)

Wooloo isn't in SM

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Nodosaur posted:

Wooloo isn't in SM

Or Alchremie.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't think it's impossible that wooloo could be in a gigamax alchreme

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Punks came from the UK so everyone in the UK is a punk.

Back in the 80s but now when I think uk I think of Teresa may and Boris Johnson

What I'm saying is everyone in galar should be a trubbish

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

oddium posted:

i don't think it's impossible that wooloo could be in a gigamax alchreme

God damnit...

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Why are you acting like it's somehow a bad thing that instead of throwing out good ideas they actually kept them between generations

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/fatalplush/status/1159503223356448769?s=21

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The only good team is Team Rocket. :colbert:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

How many more must fall from the dreaded EDGE? HOW MANY MORE??!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

This rocks. They should make a Mimikyu one, but when you flip it it shows how you're going to die.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Amppelix posted:

Why are you acting like it's somehow a bad thing that instead of throwing out good ideas they actually kept them between generations

I don't know, guess I was just being too defensive of my good Yell boys and girls. But you are correct that it's extremely good that they are actually building up on good ideas and expanding them instead of just throwing them away.

And yeah, Wooloo is amazing.

I wonder if down the line, regional evolutions will be so common that regional stones will become a thing. Like held items called Alola/Galar/Hoenn/etc stone that determine what regional evolution a pokemon gets.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wonder if down the line, regional evolutions will be so common that regional stones will become a thing. Like held items called Alola/Galar/Hoenn/etc stone that determine what regional evolution a pokemon gets.

They probably won't do that and pretty much force people to keep their older games and old Nintendo hardware to continue having access to regional variants.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

in the gen where they've announced not all pokemon will be carried forward from now on we must ask: how will they deal with previous regional evolutions in future games

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

oddium posted:

in the gen where they've announced not all pokemon will be carried forward from now on we must ask: how will they deal with previous regional evolutions in future games

The solution in Let’s Go was decent - have NPCs you can trade to get the regional variant.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So now that Galarian forms have opened up regional variants to regions outside of Kanto what are your personal wants/concepts for variants from other gens?

I personally like the idea of a Garchomp regional variant that’s Fire/Dragon, with the idea being it swims in lava instead of the ground/air.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

HOW. HOW DO THEY DO THIS SO FAST

Also put me down for team "redesign" for that Obstagoon thing. I'm not a fan of how they did the legs in the official version. The rest of his design I like though.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 9, 2019

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nodosaur posted:

So now that Galarian forms have opened up regional variants to regions outside of Kanto what are your personal wants/concepts for variants from other gens?

I personally like the idea of a Garchomp regional variant that’s Fire/Dragon, with the idea being it swims in lava instead of the ground/air.

I’d like a Galarian Grass/Fire Tropius that swaps the bananas for peppers. It also needs to evolve because Tropius is so bad.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PitBaldriz/status/1159548484401414144

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

Thrown in the dustbin of history until the inevitable remakes.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Nodosaur posted:

I have doubts about Garchomp since it already received a Mega (and I also have a suspicion that it isn't in the Galar dex anyway).

That being said, I can see Pokémon from the first four generations receiving at least one. As for who deserves it... It's a bit hard to say since the "guidelines" for who gets one may not even apply this time around (for example, no water or flying type got a regional variant in Gen 7 since those two types have already been paired with every other type and water and flying types can easily reach remote islands by swimming or flying so the vast ocean is a barrier that can easily be crossed).