Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1159639271323496448?s=19

Sadly I feel like Biden's dementia moments will come off as charming to Dem boomers and maybe make them have fond memories of Reagan.

Never forget that we're talking about voters who thought that Hillary's billion scandals made her invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Oh Snapple! posted:

Never forget that we're talking about voters who thought that Hillary's billion scandals made her invincible.

Tbf I don't think too many voters actually believed that - that was more her horrible advisers and surrogates.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Roluth posted:

I'm not so sure about that. There's a decent chance that we are in some sort of culture war right now; people just don't care what their candidate of choice says or does. It's all about gut feelings and what each person represents. Joe Biden is the symbol of normalcy, and I don't think any gaffe will ever remove that image.

At this point we've moved well beyond gaffes.

It is increasingly clear that this isn't just good old Joe "talks before he thinks" Biden at work anymore. This isn't the wacky "occasionally forgets things" Biden. This is more like "when your apparently healthy grandparent had a clear mental decline several months before their sudden drastic illness and rapid physical decline". I've had millennial friends see videos of his confused moments and immediately say, without any prompting, that he looked exactly like their senile and infirm grandparent did.

Biden has been known as the gaffe guy for decades, yeah. But he's also going to turn 77 years old this year. When a guy who's in his late 70s can't remember people's names anymore and keeps talking like it's twenty years ago, then it's the picture of normalcy, but not in the "this guy would make a good president" kind of normalcy.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
He's 3 years older than Trump, and Trump brain is a big ol bowl of pudding right now

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

So did May in the mirror every evening for the past 30 years.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Main Paineframe posted:

It is increasingly clear that this isn't just good old Joe "talks before he thinks" Biden at work anymore. This isn't the wacky "occasionally forgets things" Biden. This is more like "when your apparently healthy grandparent had a clear mental decline several months before their sudden drastic illness and rapid physical decline". I've had millennial friends see videos of his confused moments and immediately say, without any prompting, that he looked exactly like their senile and infirm grandparent did.

Hah. You wish Biden would crash in time for the primary. Sweet release will not be granted and Biden will stay lucid long enough to win the primary and then lose it 1 week before election.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

biden's habit of constantly forgetting where he is and what's going on is extremely presidential

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Main Paineframe posted:

Today, at the Iowa state fair, Biden scored a big victory over the gotcha press, who were trying to bait him into politically foolish moves like calling Donald Trump a white supremacist!

Wait, what?

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1159625613822631936

It really seems like his brain is still stuck in 2015 where everyone had to dance around things and use euphemisms because it was undecorous to come out and straight-up say that a politician was a liar or a racist.
https://twitter.com/JTHVerhovek/status/1159561051601612802
It's so weird because he said the president supports white supremacy and, "there isn't much of a distinction" (paraphrasing) but then won't go as far as calling him one despite there being no real risk in doing so because.... :shrug:

joepinetree posted:

Biden surrogates have been pushing the "medicare for all takes away your healthcare to give it to illegal aliens," a talking point that was included in the El Paso shooter's manifest. It's the least surprising thing that he doesn't want to call anyone white supremacist.
Wait really?

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 9, 2019

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TrixR4kids posted:

It's so weird because he said the president supports white supremacy and, "there isn't much of a distinction" (paraphrasing) but then won't go as far as calling him one despite there being no real risk in doing so because.... :shrug:

it's impolite and noncollegial to make it personal

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

TFW you have more holes in your brain than donald loving trump:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Biden looks like he gets years older every time I see him. Like , he’s going to look like the crypt keeper by the time 2024 is here. Trump isn’t much younger, but he projects energy. Bernie is old as hell and very energetic.

Biden comes across as Admiral Stockdale saying who am I ? Why am I here ? But he means it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

look joe knows that americans don't want politics to be a mean mud-slinging contest. what americans want is to go back to the days where politicians said what they said but at the end of the day every politician from both parties clocked out and hit the bar together like the wolf and sheepdog in the old looney tunes cartoon

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

TrixR4kids posted:

Wait really?

He's at best annoyed at Trump for giving the game away

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Punk da Bundo posted:

Trump isn’t much younger, but he projects energy.

maybe dark chaos energy

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Freakazoid_ posted:

What becomes of a jobs guarantee when machines end up doing the work more reliably and at a cheaper price?

Do you not know what the word "guarantee" means?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

TrixR4kids posted:

Wait really?

What part? Rahm Emanuel, who has spent a lot of time after leaving office defending the Biden campaign (though he says he hasn't made up his mind yet) specifically attacked medicare for all as taking away healthcare from 150 million people to give it to undocumented immigrants.The talking point was so common that it was one of the first questions for Bernie during the debate. There's this columnist that is one of the biggest Biden stans (sample of column titles: "Three reasons why Joe Biden should run in 2020," "In defense of Joe Biden's switcheroo" and several columns attacking Bernie or Warren). After the debate, he wrote the almost infamous now "Joe Biden won the debate, and he wasn’t even on stage" where he argues that Biden won the night where it was Bernie and Warren because

quote:

But alas, here’s what you heard from the leading candidates on stage: Take away the private health insurance of roughly 160 million Americans, raise middle class taxes to pay for government-run health care, provide public health benefits to undocumented immigrants

Of course, Biden himself never says the part about undocumented immigrants, and he himself has generally equivocated (says people shouldn't die for being undocumented, but never answers if he'd cover them under medicare/medicaid). But it was unquestionably a talking point pushed by media people friendly to Biden and hostile to Sanders in the run up to the debates, and the shooter specifically mentions a similar talking point.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

Joe Biden raised eyebrows Thursday night after telling a crowd made up mostly of Asian and Hispanic voters that “poor kids are just as bright” as “white kids.” The former vice president and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate was speaking at a town hall for the Asian & Latino Coalition PAC in Des Moines, Iowa, when he made the gaffe.

Well that certainly makes things worse.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-08-09/biden-says-poor-kids-are-just-as-smart-as-white-kids-in-iowa

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao i remember getting into internet arguments with republicans who made fun of him for being a gaffe machine

lmao

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Streak posted:

lmao i remember getting into internet arguments with republicans who made fun of him for being a gaffe machine

lmao

He is

Why do you think he blew it in 88 and 08?

This is one of my favorites from 08
"I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

It's great that letting the mask slip and saying what you truly think because you have terminal boomer brain is just considered to be a gaffe

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

have to say that 2019 biden is not particularly clean and articulate

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

It’s amazing how these old, senile, dementia-ridden ghouls still run for President when they can’t even hide their racism and illiteracy anymore due to brainworms. Narcissism and greed must be drat good drugs for these cretins.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how we're apparently calling "saying incredibly racist poo poo" gaffes now. Like it's just a goofy case of misspeaking.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

tylersayten posted:

It’s amazing how these old, senile, dementia-ridden ghouls still run for President when they can’t even hide their racism and illiteracy anymore due to brainworms. Narcissism and greed must be drat good drugs for these cretins.

And being constantly surrounded by blatant, shameless yes-men/enablers, of course.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

look joe knows that americans don't want politics to be a mean mud-slinging contest. what americans want is to go back to the days where politicians said what they said but at the end of the day every politician from both parties clocked out and hit the bar together like the wolf and sheepdog in the old looney tunes cartoon

You joke but this is unironically what a very large number of very stupid old people want .

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

VitalSigns posted:

Do you not know what the word "guarantee" means?
Frankly if we've got like, automated garbage collectors or whatever, but someone really just wants to do garbage collection anyway, I say "go ahead."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's not like there's a shortage of work that needs to be done, see your country's crumbling infrastructure, the shortage is of employers who are willing to pay people to do it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Just nationalize the robits.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Well drat, pack it up fellow Bernie Siblings

Joe Biden’s Iowa Speech Is Earning High Marks For Its Blistering Review Of Donald Trump

We aren't going to be coming back from this one.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Donald Trump is an incurious, graceless, lazy and awful old fatass fueled by hate and fast food. I will also say with absolute earnestness and sincerity that if my dad starts acting like Biden's been acting these last couple months without the excuse of being wasted, my siblings and I are getting on a group Skype and talking seriously about two year plans for nursing and hospice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's wild as gently caress that the three most likely people to be the next president would all be north of 80 years old before their term ended.

Willie Tomg posted:

Donald Trump is an incurious, graceless, lazy and awful old fatass fueled by hate and fast food. I will also say with absolute earnestness and sincerity that if my dad starts acting like Biden's been acting these last couple months without the excuse of being wasted, my siblings and I are getting on a group Skype and talking seriously about two year plans for nursing and hospice.

Being waited on hand and foot for 4 years in the white house seems like the tippy-top shelf retirement home experience.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bless your heart and brain cancer, Joe. Just quit.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I love how everyone is like "Biden is old, look at all this awful poo poo he's saying!"

Dude has always been like this. This isn't brain rot, this is who he is.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Biden was overjoyed that a black politician was "clean and articulate". In 2008.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mahoning posted:

I love how everyone is like "Biden is old, look at all this awful poo poo he's saying!"

He seems way worse now

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Mahoning posted:

I don't think it's the awful poo poo per se - since, as you point out, that's kinda par for the course for him. It's the way he's saying the awful poo poo, with mumbly, slurred word salads.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Yeah now he's visibly frail and confused and doddery, and it seems to have come on very rapidly. Different thing.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

Turns out that only works for men. :(

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Mahoning posted:

yeah but he used to be vital and now he's just giving off grandpa simpson vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mahoning posted:

He's always been The Guy Critical Of Anita Hill and The Guy Hesitant About Integration

recently though he's also The Guy Drooling Onto His Adult Diaper