Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

uli2000 posted:

Can't wait for the new season of Arsenal Fan TV praising Luiz then turning on him a week later when they realize he's poo poo.

By virtue of not being Mustafi that is already an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I was quite down on Arsenals summer but Pepe, Tierney, Luiz and Ceballos in place of Iwobi and Konscielny is a pretty decent improvement.

Pepe could be a megastar.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol Newcastle were heavily linked with Pepe last summer but Ashley refused to spend £17m

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Flayer posted:

I was quite down on Arsenals summer but Pepe, Tierney, Luiz and Ceballos in place of Iwobi and Konscielny is a pretty decent improvement.

Pepe could be a megastar.

How many times have you seen him play?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Luiz seemed better for Chelsea this time round then his 7-1 previous peak.

Also bunch of French youngsters and Brazilians joining the arse? Lads we're going to win the double soon.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Luiz seemed better for Chelsea this time round then his 7-1 previous peak.

Also bunch of French youngsters and Brazilians joining the arse? Lads we're going to win the double soon.

2022 EFL Trophy and League One?

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
wait everton paid actual money for Iwobi? :lol:

its not an exaggeration to say that i've literally never seen him do a good thing with a football. a good goal, a good pass, nothing

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Lol Tierney and Arsenal physios will see him play less than 30 games total

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Iwobi was a good lad and I wish him well, he left for a tidy sum. Hope he plays regularly and enjoys himself at Everton IMO, JIMO

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Academy players leaving for dece money is exactly what's supposed to happen.

Iwobi looked ok and had a couple of really good games but otherwise looks little better then the youngsters coming through. Thanks to that Nike London advert we got over a Carroll for him

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Carrier posted:

Feel like Spurs and Arsenal have both had a bit of a stormer this summer which means we will both inevitably poo poo the bed massively this season.

Many people here have followed the sport longer than I have. Has there been any club that has pulled off buying 4-5 new first team players and starting amazingly out of the blocks? I feel like you have to calculate for sme iind of painful bedding-in period.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm hearing rumours of Bayern asking about Perisic, since apparently no one in their A-Y lists is available.

Lmfao

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Brony Car posted:

Many people here have followed the sport longer than I have. Has there been any club that has pulled off buying 4-5 new first team players and starting amazingly out of the blocks? I feel like you have to calculate for sme iind of painful bedding-in period.

3/4 ain't bad, and the 4th went on to be successful elsewhere

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Beefeater posted:

As soon as I saw this my first thought was "that would make a pretty sweet avatar".

Kudos forum user EvilHawk. :coal:

Oh god what have you done

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I love Iwobi and I know a lot of the younger players were inspired by his ascension to the first team. I hope morale doesn’t take a hit among Willock, Nelson, Miles, etc.

Iwobi reminds me a lot of a younger Zaha. Great with his feet but lacks composure on the final ball. If he develops more composure with experience than Everton have done good business.

We won’t be able to move Ozil or Mkhitaryan anytime soon. I would have preferred Mkhiy leave over Iwobi.

I think Nelson, Smith-Rowe, and Saka have greater potential, so giving them more opportunities make this a no-brainer.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Arsenal fans will stubbornly insist that Luiz is a great signing for roughly the same amount of time that United fans did with Matic

I think Luiz is a good signing for Arsenal because they thoroughly lack a winning attitude but he won’t dramatically improve their defence at this point

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Not too happy with liverpool's transfers, city haven't stood still and seem like they have a lot more depth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Should be said that getting your transfers done early so everyone has a full preseason is very important. Rondon was pretty poo poo at first and immense half way through the season

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

hadji murad posted:

Arsenal fans will stubbornly insist that Luiz is a great signing for roughly the same amount of time that United fans did with Matic

I think Luiz is a good signing for Arsenal because they thoroughly lack a winning attitude but he won’t dramatically improve their defence at this point

Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi, Chambers, Mavroponos. Tough to argue Luiz isn't a positive with how dire that group is for a squad trying to get top 4. Even if Holding is back to 100% sharpness and continues improving, that's two actual starting caliber defenders, and not like top class, just decent premier league starters. A third serviceable option is massive.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Martin Skrtel is joining Atalanta on a free transfer

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

I don’t think there are really enough times teams have bought a bunch of new players to say whether it is a good or bad thing. The only times I can think of are after Spurs sold Bale and when Arsenal sold all their good players and bought Arteta, Mertesacker, Andre Santos, and Park Chu Young in the space of like a week. The former didn’t really work and the latter was one of the most mind-bendingly bizarre things to happen in any sport.

E: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Arsenal_F.C._season look at these transfers in and out lmao

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 8, 2019

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
That Iwobi fee is just classic Everton.

Is there a club in England that gets less value for appalling amounts of money every year?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

sassassin posted:

Is there a club in England that gets less value for appalling amounts of money every year?

Chelsea?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I don’t think there are really enough times teams have bought a bunch of new players to say whether it is a good or bad thing. The only times I can think of are after Spurs sold Bale and when Arsenal sold all their good players and bought Arteta, Mertesacker, Andre Santos, and Park Chu Young in the space of like a week. The former didn’t really work and the latter was one of the most mind-bendingly bizarre things to happen in any sport.

E: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Arsenal_F.C._season look at these transfers in and out lmao

Wenger was a wizard

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

I completely forgot that Yossi played for us

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Von Linus posted:

I'm happy with Luiz. lovely big hair on him and he's good at passing, and he's not worse than Mustafi. Healthy too, played 36 games or something last year unlike Koscielny who was hosed, really.
Yes the degenerative knee guy is very healthy

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Also Pepe seems like he could be a star until you realize that half of his goals came from the penalty spot, and he’s probably not much better than Zaha

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

You don't have to win things to be a winner but Chelsea have won things.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

curried lamb of God posted:

I completely forgot that Yossi played for us

Yossi scored the goal to secure the top 4 trophy too.

sassassin posted:

Whoever Harry Redknapp was managing at the time.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Manchester City have signed.... Pedro Porro? From Girona? This kid's getting loaned out somwhere for sure

https://www.gironafc.cat/noticia/el-manchester-city-fitxa-pedro-porro

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Martin Skrtel is joining Atalanta on a free transfer

That owns. I had no idea he was even still playing.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Skrtel is the best. Not great but he puts on a show

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Does Tierney count as homegrown?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I thought this was Atlanta at first

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

brocked posted:

Does Tierney count as homegrown?

i dont think scotland counts

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

straight up brolic posted:

Also Pepe seems like he could be a star until you realize that half of his goals came from the penalty spot, and he’s probably not much better than Zaha

He earned 8 out of the 9 penalties himself

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yossi was a good lad who played his socks off on a loan move so fair play to him.

Arsenal started the summer with a reported £45m to spend, finished with £155m spent :gizz:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

I forgot he existed and thought it was a joke I didn’t get about that millionaire pharmacy kid lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That was a really poo poo window. Losing Cesc and Nasri was a turning point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Good move for Skrtl, how are Atalanta in the CL