Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I never noticed this during my actual playthrough, but...

investigaation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016
I wonder why none of them considered the obvious possibility. That the mastermind didn’t go INTO the door, but came out of it, instead. I have a sneaking suspicion on this. It would require the mastermind to not be one of them, but, well, I’ve made my position on trusting anything Monokuma says pretty clear.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mecha_Face posted:

I wonder why none of them considered the obvious possibility. That the mastermind didn’t go INTO the door, but came out of it, instead. I have a sneaking suspicion on this. It would require the mastermind to not be one of them, but, well, I’ve made my position on trusting anything Monokuma says pretty clear.

So, a la Junko in DR1? Holed up in the control room for the duration of the game, while the others were running around killing and (trying not to) get killed?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Just finished the game today so I’ll be spending my time wisely by following this LP to see how everyone else likes it.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Every Spike Chunsoft game is on sale this weekend. You can get this game for a few bucks.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

NEW MUSIC: Despair Searching

If you don't know, the investigation phase of Danganronpa cases involves inspecting everything and picking up clues, here referred to as "truth bullets," which we'll be using in the trial. We can't miss anything important; the game will only advance when we find all available truth bullets.

Gotta clear away all this superfluous poo poo first.

In terms of missable content, it's probably safe to start with interrogating some potential perps, or anyone else around.

If you're the Ultimate Detective, then you've got your eyes on the culprit, right?

...What?

Oh, I wanna know too...

Ah, no, I'm sorry... I can't say anything yet...

But...there's someone you're a little bit suspicious of, right? No, there's gotta be.

But you're afraid of that. You're afraid of suspecting someone, aren't you? That's how it looks to me.

But with things the way they are, wouldn't it be better for you to suspect others more?

The way the world works is that those who speak, win. The truth can easily be twisted. In order to fix a twisted truth, you need something even more powerful.

I mean that testimonies without evidence are powerless. Be careful.

The culprit must have killed to survive, so it is odd that they would not step forward.

True... I wonder what that means...

I can think of several possibilities, but the worst case scenario is...

That would explain why they would forgo their survival in favor of a class trial.

But...doesn't that seem like a bit of a stretch to you?

Well, if the culprit is also the mastermind, then it's certainly plausible.

W-Well, true... Killing us all does seem like something the mastermind would do...

Yeah, I remember.

Actually, it has to do with how the bookcase works.

Shuichi moved the bookcase to reveal the hidden door.

He let go of the bookcase, and after waiting for a bit...

The bookcase is set up like an automatic door. It closes after a period of time... It makes perfect sense when you think about it. If it didn't close on its own, you wouldn't be able to put the bookcase back after you went inside.

I see... The bookcase has to close on its own once you go through the hidden door.

...was because the mastermind was hiding just past the hidden door!

After killing Rantaro, they ran through the hidden door... It certainly is possible. Let's check that now.

The dust on the card reader, remember?

Shuichi moved the bookcase again to reveal the hidden door once more.

It looks like the card reader wasn't used. That means the mastermind didn't hide here.

What if the mastermind replaced the dust after they used the card reader?

No, I remember exactly where I put the dust. This hasn't been moved at all.

Then the one who moved the moving bookcase at the time was...

I...can't say for sure. We'll know more when we get the pictures back. There's a chance that someone else was hiding here.

Well, I still think the mastermind is the culprit.

So we just need to find the clues that can connect us to the mastermind. We'll end the killing game that way, too.

Miu continued ignoring us while she fiddled with a controller.

Dun-dun-duh-dunnnn! It's a prone!

Prone?

If it was a Prone, it'd team up with the rest of the Ganglion alliance to destroy humanity.

I have no idea what she's talking about...

She laughed obnoxiously and pointed her finger upward.

AUDIO: Film Everything

MUSIC: Finding Peace Party

It's a drome!

TSUMUGI: I told you, that's a drone. If it was a drome, it'd be leading a pack of vicious monsters!

I don't get it.

When did you have time to make this...?

I got bored after I made those cameras you asked for, so I modified this RC plane.

From there, I'll use the photos as a reference to draft a floor plan to help the investigation!

MUSIC: Despair Searching

That's amazing... I'm sure this will help with the investigation.

You shouldn't be proud of that...and if you don't hurry, the investigation will end soon!

You're a bit wimpy when someone stands up to you, huh? You're actually a complete wuss.

Wait, I forgot to double-check Shuichi.

What do you think we should check first? I'm thinking about it, too...but since you're a detective, you might know more than me.

Hm, what we should check first... ...is if the areas where we placed the cameras have changed in any way. Like the bookcases, the vent... I feel like there might be clues around there.

I see...

And finally, we need to hear from everyone here. One of them might have noticed something we missed.

Okay, got it. Thanks, Shuichi.

Ah, it's no problem at all... I hope I can be of *some* use...

...The floor plan might be useful to the investigation... But it might not be finished in time for the class trial... I guess I won't expect too much.

And of course we can't forget about plain Jane over here.

Because he pressured us...this happened. That motive he gave us is part of it, and so is that strange music...

It was awful... I thought I'd go crazy.

I bet...someone felt pressured by that and killed Rantaro... It's all...Monokuma's fault.

...Anyway...we have to stop the mastermind so this is the last murder that ever happens here! We just have to.

It doesn't seem as if anything has changed since we set up the cameras...

Oh, you mean the ones I stacked to keep people from going through the vent. Yeah...those have been left alone.

And we were keeping watch in the classroom this vent leads to. I don't think the culprit came in or out through there.

Yeah, that's true.

Nothing out of the ordinary here...

Yes, I saw that.

Do you think Rantaro entered through this door?

I can't say for sure until we get those pictures back from the Monokubs...

] You're right. We'll just have to wait.

We went through this door before we discovered Rantaro's body.

We entered the library through here with Kaito and Tenko...

Yeah...we saw the moving bookcase close, and then when we ran over...

Maybe the mastermind did, too...

When we see the pictures after the Monokubs develop them, that will be clear.

I guess all we can do is wait.

Y-Yeah, it should still be there... Let me check.

Removing it is fine, but won't your receiver go off when you move it?

Yes, I made sure to switch it off on the way down here. I thought the mastermind could still be inside, and I didn't want to alert them...

I see... Smart thinking.

Saving the best for last.

I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell you this, but shouldn't we investigate Rantaro's body?

Yes... If we want to find clues, we have to... But if it's too much for you, Kaede, you don't have to, okay?

No, it's fine. I can do it.

Zoom and transition to...

MUSIC: Rise of the Ultimates

...The last time I saw Rantaro...he was alive and well...

I mean, if Rantaro was the one who moved the bookcase...

He moved *away* from the hidden door...to this spot. Why would he do that...? And there's no trace of his body being moved. It...doesn't add up.

...Although I guess that's normal. We have to investigate a body, after all... The body of someone who was alive and talking to us, just a little while ago...

I-It's okay, really... We just have to do our best. Not just for Rantaro's sake...but also so we can avenge him... And...so we can protect everyone else. We have to defeat the mastermind who's orchestrating this whole thing.

I am...sort of a detective, after all.

Sort of? You *are* a detective, remember?

Ah, right...

MUSIC: Living in a Lazy Parallel World

There's not actually that much here to examine, and Shuichi just repeats his question if you examine him.

Shuichi showed no hesitation as he began to examine Rantaro's body.

It's consistent with blunt force trauma. I don't see any other injuries... The Monokuma File is accurate. This must be the fatal wound.

Yes...for now...

Shuichi then stuck his hand into Rantaro's pocket

I'm checking what he has on his person. There might be a clue. If we're going to do this, we have to be thorough. I told you I would support you, after all...

H-H-How can you say that with so much... c-confidence?

C'mon, Kaede... Pull yourself together.

He didn't have a card key on him?

That's what I was thinking... but he didn't have it.

Then...Rantaro really wasn't the mastermind.

If he was the mastermind, he wouldn't have come here without the card key. So, with what we know now... that is the most likely possibility.

Yeah, it definitely came from the warehouse on the 1st floor.

There's blood all over it...

That's the murder weapon, right? I don't see anything else that could've been used.

The shot itself is heavy... You would have to be fairly strong to use it as a weapon.

Let's get out of here for now, okay?

Y-Yeah...sorry.

MUSIC: Rise of the Ultimates

It seems likely that he is not the mastermind. What reason did he have for coming here?

That's the real goal.

NO MUSIC

Then it's possible...he noticed the hidden door in the library, just like we did.

MUSIC: Moon on the Water

He might have come to the same conclusion we did, that the mastermind would come here.

You mean...he had the same idea as us? N-No way... He should've told us...

We could've worked together...

No, he probably couldn't risk telling us... Like you said, he was suspicious of everyone. I have you, Kaede, but Rantaro didn't have anyone he could trust.

That might have been... the only difference between me and him.

As he said that, he offered me a hand. I took his hand and he firmly pulled me to my feet.

Kaede...let's go. We can't waste time now.

Thanks... I feel like...I can rely on you even more...

Huh?

Shuichi is right. We can't give up until it's over. I can't stay depressed forever. I have to help everyone get out of here. We have to continue the investigation. We gotta find the mastermind.

But we still don't know anything yet. I feel like we didn't get any closer to the mastermind.

The most important piece of evidence will be those photos. Once we get those... But then again, we can't just say that and do nothing... Let's keep investigating what we can.

Keep investigating?

We need to verify where everyone was during the time frame when Rantaro was killed.

If that's the case, then who should we question?

KAEDE: Kaito, Gonta, Maki, Tenko, Angie, and Himiko. Let's talk to them first.

I think Shuichi was supposed to answer Kaede's question here, not Kaede herself.

Let's ask them about what happened there.

Okay... Let's go find them. For now, let's head to the Game Room.

Next time, we join the AV Club.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 8, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

Balls.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ramble Ramble

Ramble Ramble

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Oh hey, I get one of the references there. Particularly, the "Drome" thing refers to the "drome" series of monsters in earlier Monster Hunter games. Velocidrome, Gendrome & Iodrome to name a few. They're characterized as leading packs of "prey" type small monsters (Velociprey, Genprey, etc.) and for usually being real easy to beat.

Your guess is as good as mine about the "Prone" reference, though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
you could say it was the last thing that went through Rantaro's mind

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sindai posted:

you could say it was the last thing that went through Rantaro's mind

:golfclap:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Skeleton Mom posted:

Your guess is as good as mine about the "Prone" reference, though.

Prones are a species in Xenoblade Chronicles X, who do, in fact, join the Ganglion which is a coalition of evil guys bent on destroying humanity!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Here lies Rantaro. He was a normie.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

goblin week posted:

Prones are a species in Xenoblade Chronicles X, who do, in fact, join the Ganglion which is a coalition of evil guys bent on destroying humanity!

So what we can derive from this is Tsumugi is one of those capital-G Gamers, huh... That's gonna move her up on my suspect list.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

The evidence found so far still points at this being suicide. Possibly with the bookcase being used to propel the shot put somehow. I'm not totally convinced though, since the reason why he'd do it is not clear. Maybe he thought this would somehow break the game? (Also, setting up some convoluted suicide contraption is kind of a crazy thing to do).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3HemKGDavw

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Skeleton Mom posted:

So what we can derive from this is Tsumugi is one of those capital-G Gamers, huh... That's gonna move her up on my suspect list.

That's just plain rude!

jadebenn
Dec 21, 2018

BlazeEmblem posted:

Every Spike Chunsoft game is on sale this weekend. You can get this game for a few bucks.

Took the opportunity to buy the whole series (minus UDG because I read that LP and thanks but absolutely no thanks) for like $15. It's a good deal.

Solitair posted:

If it was a Prone, it'd team up with the rest of the Ganglion alliance to destroy humanity.

I have no idea what she's talking about...

I like Kaede. She's just as clueless to Tsumugi's references as me!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Shuichi did it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Shuichi did it.

Ooh, let's hear your theory.

Drufle
Dec 15, 2010

Mecha_Face posted:

Well, that's also assuming that this door in the library is the only entrance to the mastermind HQ or whatever. It still could've been one of them if they came in through somewhere else in the school and then exited here, although I'm not sure why they would be doing that in the current situation.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So I see attacking Monokuma is banned.

Could the characters have ganked a monokub to extend the time limit?

Never played any of these games so this is all Crazy Town to me.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So I see attacking Monokuma is banned.

Could the characters have ganked a monokub to extend the time limit?

Never played any of these games so this is all Crazy Town to me.

I guess there's no rule against doing that, but it might not have counted as a murder. Hard to say if they can even be killed, or if they're alive in any meaningful way.
And they have those mechs too.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Kangra posted:

(Also, setting up some convoluted suicide contraption is kind of a crazy thing to do).

Nagito says hi, by the way.

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016

Quackles posted:

Nagito says hi, by the way.

That wasn’t just convoluted, it was pure bullshit.

Drufle posted:

Well, that's also assuming that this door in the library is the only entrance to the mastermind HQ or whatever. It still could've been one of them if they came in through somewhere else in the school and then exited here, although I'm not sure why they would be doing that in the current situation.

I think one fascinating aspect of these killing games is how little Monokuma can be trusted, but how much the kids have to trust it because it’s the only source of information there is. Monokuma has always usually been “fair” unless it really benefits itself not to be, which is rare and usually only happens at the end of a game. So, in essence Monokuma CAN be trusted... Until it can’t be, which isn’t why players of the series end up picking apart everything he says for any hints of vagueness or uncertainty. Why that is? Other than the usual self-serving rule breaking, the only time Monokuma lies is when it lies by omission, or twists it’s own words so it’s technically telling the truth.

There being no one else is a technical truth Monokuma told in the very first game. So I’m immediately suspicious of there’s being someone hidden who could have easily moved through that door from the inside. And you bring up an excellent point: this is the door Shuichi found. That doesn’t mean it’s the only one.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

gently caress it, I finished early this week.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

MUSIC: Despair Searching

Not many people here right now.

Let's ask her what she was doing.

Maki...you were in the Game Room when Rantaro was killed, right?

What were you all doing down here? Rantaro was with you, right?

Oh, no! That's not what I meant—

You should suspect me. In fact, you should be suspicious of everyone.

Someone got killed right after we all gathered here. The timing is too perfect. Then again, with the time limit so close to expiring, maybe that's why it happened...

I can't get a read on Maki at all. She just saw a dead body, yet she's perfectly calm. It's hard to imagine her as the Ultimate Child Caregiver.

It was Kaito's idea. He suddenly wanted to hold a strategy meeting and gathered us together. He said we should confront Monokuma once the time limit expires.

Kaito thought Himiko's magic and Angie's connection to Atua would be useful.

But what about you, Maki? Why did he also pick the Ultimate Child Caregiver?

That's it? Geez... That does sound like something Kaito would do, though...

But why have a strategy meeting in the Game Room in the basement?

...Beats me. Maybe Kaito figured it would be harder for Monokuma to find us here.

In other words, it was just a coincidence?

He was...at first. But then he excused himself to go to the bathroom, and left on his own...

Kaito and Tenko went looking for him so we could finish the meeting before time expired.

That must've happened around...

Well, never mind. Your timing's perfect. You should join our strategy meeting.

Kaede is definitely welcome to join!

Angie, Himiko, and I were the only ones who stayed behind. Gonta never joined us.

Gonta did arrive, but then he left and locked himself in the A/V Room in the back.

He was in the A/V Room by himself?

Suspicious behavior, isn't it? The other two felt the same way.

What other two?

Kaede...have you never been in there before?

Nope, not yet. Anyway, let's go.

Let's ignore that you can totally get in there before Rantaro's death, and that we did just that earlier in the LP.

There we go. That's a decent crowd to interrogate.

N-No judge Gonta by his outside. On inside, Gonta gentleman.

Hey, what's going on here?

Oh, hey there, Kaede. We're just trying to ask him—

Or...are you not not the culprit? Are you not not not the culprit?

Gonta not not no...u-uhhh...

I think your questions are the problem.

Then I'll change the question. Timmy buys five strawberries for 50 cents each and one apple...

Hey, Gonta. I talked to Maki earlier... You were in the basement A/V Room alone the whole time, right?

But...what were you doing here alone?

Gonta happy to be invited to meeting. But Gonta think he not be much help, cuz he not smart...

Um...what? How does that help?

So it helps you fight... Okay, sure. You do you, Gonta.

But...why was it locked?

What was locked?

Himiko, can you just shut up for a second? You're making this harder than it needs to be.

Gonta...can you tell us what happened next?

Gonta...just need focus. If Gonta no focus... Gonta no can fill up with fight.

Cuz...Gonta feel so useless!

But I wonder what really happened... Could he actually be the mastermind?

Kaede, let's investigate this room a little more. We also need to verify Gonta's alibi.

Yeah, you're right.

Gonta watching bug movie, to fill Gonta with fight. So Gonta can fight Monokuma. But Gonta need focus to fill up with fight... So Gonta lock door.

That sounds like a lie... If you don't tell the truth, l'll blow your clothes off with magic.

Himiko, shut up! Stop saying ridiculous things!

Why...no one believe Gonta!? Gonta feel so...pathetic!

Kaito, can you tell me more about this strategy meeting of yours? You gathered everyone to meet in the basement, right?

No, um...that's not what I'm—

Nah, it's natural that you're suspicious of me.

I've got nothing to hide, so you can ask me anything!

O-Okay...

Kaito went to the scene with us, so he might have noticed something we missed.

Alright, then. Where should we start?

After Kaede and I set up the cameras, we were keeping watch from the classroom. Some time passed, and then we saw you guys go down to the basement.

I don't remember the exact time...but I asked them one by one and we all went there together.

That's when we saw you...

That creepy music made it hard to keep the strategy meeting going.

I want to confirm what you've told me so far...

Yeah, we went straight to the Game Room. But right after we went inside... Gonta went into the A/V Room and wouldn't come out.

Yeah, Maki told me about that.

But we thought it'd be bad if the meeting stopped, so me and Tenko went to get him back. And that's when we met up with you guys.

We had gone down to the basement because the security sensor receiver went off.

And right when I was about to open the library door, you guys called out to us.

Yeah, I can guarantee it.

I see...so we can't confirm Gonta's alibi yet.

The library's rear entrance is at the end of the hallway, correct? Did you see anyone there?

Well...I didn't get a good look, but I'm sure I woulda noticed if someone was there.

That's just about how it went.

Hm... We didn't learn any new information, though.

So I'm not cleared of suspicion yet, huh?

Ah, don't worry...you're not a likely suspect...

If you suspect me, you better pursue it to the end. Investigate until you're satisfied. If you don't do that, you'll never reach the truth. Rantaro will have died for no reason.

Shuichi...

A-Anyway, if you notice something or remember anything, let us know!

Well, I'm not planning on leaving it all to you guys. I'll investigate my own way!

If either of us find something, we'll report it to the other, got it!?

No, it's still too early to determine that. There are a lot of things to consider...

Nyeeeh...really? Even so, it's definitely Gonta. He's suspicious, no matter how you look at it.

Investigating is a pain... Gonta's suspicious, no matter how you look at it...

Magic shouldn't be used like that. It'll lead to corruption...

Then stop being so lazy and put some actual effort into solving this...

The one with the pianist that has eyes like a dead fish, right?

This film won awards for its phenomenal music! U.S. audiences were moved to tears!

Well, Americans do tend to get emotional...

oh god

What else do they have here... Hm?

...Find any movies over there?

There's nothing here but a bunch of moobies! I...I mean, movies!

No! D-Don't come over here!

We were both looking down at the floor with beet-red faces.

I told you...

Is this a movie poster...? They're all the same, too...

I took a poster out and unrolled it.

Pfffft! Yeah, right.

It looks like a game... But I've never heard of it before.

A high school girl with a megaphone and a serial killer... Sounds like some lame spin-off.

You have no idea.

Is this one of Monokuma's pranks?

Probably...

But when the countdown stopped, that obnoxious noise stopped, too. I wonder what would've happened if the time limit had expired...

...Hm? So what?

I was just thinking...that it could be used for something.

Used how?

Ah, you think so? S-Sorry...you can treat it as me talking to myself...

It seems that way... Let's check.

It's a sliding door. I'll open it...

I tried to open it, but...

Looks like it wasn't installed right... I can only stick my arm through.

I can see the hallway on the other side, but I suppose it's not possible to use this door...

...I agree.

Huh? You think Gonta could eat this door?

Ah, no, not that. I mean I don't think he did anything like that. Look at this...

I guess an arm could fit through as well, if it were thin enough...

What's the matter, Shuichi?

Nothing... Just something I want to confirm. I'm going to try the sliding door one more time.

As Shuichi peeked through the gap of the sliding door, he muttered...

...I thought so. Look, you can see the rear entrance to the library from here.

...Hm? So what?

I'm not sure if it matters yet...but it is a little concerning.

Concerning...how?

Then, what should we do next?

For now, let's ask the others some questions. There are still people we haven't talked to.

This would be done with if we had the pictures. We wouldn't have to waste our time like this. We'd already know who the mastermind is...

That's true... But we shouldn't wait around and do nothing.

Yeah, you're right...

Investigating is important, but I gotta say my prayers to Atua, too.

O Atua... Please let Rantaro enter heaven safe and sound.

I suppose...a prayer couldn't hurt...

It'd be nice if he could...

Don't worry, I'll pray hard. If I pray hard enough, I'll earn enough points to become a platinum disciple.

Sounds like a credit card rewards program...

We asked Tenko about what happened in the Game Room...

But she only confirmed what Maki had told us, and didn't provide any new information.

I see...

Not to mention he's also a male!

Um... Are you submitting that as evidence?

By the way, how has your investigation been going?

What?

Hey, degenerate! Don't give me that face! I've been doing something else! I've been watching Angie!

Watching Angie...?

But Angie's just been wandering around alone!

Ooh, that's why you're with Angie?

I don't wanna suspect anyone, either...but girls' lives are at stake here.

For an investigation like this to work, we have to trust each other...

Oooh, she does NOT look happy right now.

Don't act all high and mighty with me, you two-faced degenerate!

S-Sorry, that wasn't my intention...

Besides, it doesn't matter if I suspect Angie or not... It doesn't change the fact that we all agreed to work together for this investigation!

But he just... whatever. Next time, we talk to more pleasant people... mostly.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 8, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
big fan of this portrait

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I think all of this is a big red herring and poor old Rantaro got killed by something falling on his head when he was poking around. Someone else did the library after Kaede and missed their security systems in some way. Or before they were even there.

Or I guess the ball could have been hurled through the door by Gonta but I bet we're disproving that in court.

Kaito's top of my list. He split the group for a better reason than "duh you strong" when he picked people like Maki. Either he was setting up Gonta or just hoping it couldn't be solved. Can't explain the first blood thing though.

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

Wh-What do you mean that's the actual plot?!
I finally grabbed this game and played through the first trial. It was amazing! I will say, at this point, I felt Gonta was the most likely culprit. He could have pitched the ball hoping to take out the mastermind from the A/V Room.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god if the first murder is another ball pitching gimmick...

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sindai posted:

big fan of this portrait

Big fan of Maki’s frustrated pouts too,

and like half the Angie sprites of course

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If experience has taught me anything it's that if everyone suspects a person, that person is most likely not the culprit.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Podima posted:

Like I said earlier.

Balls. :imunfunny:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Podima posted:

Hey man, everybody enjoys a good throwback

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Podima posted:

This is what they're trying to make us think, unless they thought we'd think that and dismiss it, so they did it anyway...

It fell on him. Kaede talked up the instability of the books and poo poo. Wouldn't take much to rig it. I won't die on this particular hill but I'll die defending Gonta considering I called him as the first death.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Solitair posted:

Himiko, can you just shut up for a second? You're making this harder than it needs to be.

I wonder how many times I've thought this about a character in this series.

Solitair posted:

That sounds like a lie... If you don't tell the truth, l'll blow your clothes off with magic.

Also, when did this game become Negima?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

Big fan of Maki’s frustrated pouts too,

When I was playing I don't think I realized she's actually yanking on her bowtie thingy like she's trying to tear it apart.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

If experience has taught me anything it's that if everyone suspects a person, that person is most likely not the culprit.

But what about that time everyone suspected Leon and Celes? :v:

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010

Solitair posted:

Kaito thought Himiko's magic and Angie's connection to Atua would be useful.

Are we sure Tsumugi isn't the one who assembled this team? Because this plain sounds like RPG logic.

Dallbun fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.

Dallbun posted:

Are we sure Tsumugi isn't the one who assembled this team? Because this plain sounds like RPG logic.

Hey, you may have to be pretty smart in order to make it as an astronaut, but that doesn't mean Kaito can't be a... space case.