Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

My cat jammed the floof behind a console, stared at it for a solid ten seconds, then hosed off. Solid AI

100% accurate to real cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

njsykora posted:

If you're Octavia you can use the Mandachord as a drum machine while playing the space guitar.
https://twitter.com/GameSoundDesign/status/1159565210778308608

Who wants to practice some Yoshida Brothers tracks

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

BrianWilly posted:

All three starters, Frost, Nekros Prime (who is useless), Rhino, Oberon. Weapons...too many to count? A whole bunch of melees, Seer and Gorgon and Gremlins and Strum and Boltor. No I don't have Hek yet, I don't have the Neurodes for it.

Frost is good, spec for shields and armor, and efficiency, You shouldn't be "attacking" with his skills so strength is not needed, I don't use any +range on him, because his bubble size is decent as is.

If you can do Plains of Eidolon stuff Gara is a great frame.

Seer, Gorgon, Strun, and the Boltor are bad, ditch them for better stuff. Pandero is good for a secondary. Honestly you should try to build a Catchmoon kitgun, or get a Staticor or Sonicor. If you can run the relics, Pyrana Prime is great early, or a Lex Prime. The Cestra is pretty good as well. Atomos is good too.

For Primaries: If you're having issues getting Hek, try the Kohm. Sobek, Drakgoon and Corinth are all good too. The Drakgoon also builds into the Zarr. Tonkor is god early on, but it has a minimum range it has to pass before it explodes, but it packs a kick you don't see until roughly MR10. The Miter is good, but requires farming Exta on Ceres, it's worth it though. For Assault Rifles, try getting the Soma, Baza, Karak, or the Braton Prime (should be easy to get out of relics). If you can farm relics go for the Stradivar Prime, Rubico Prime, and Tiberon Prime. And check the fist icon on the mission star map for the Karak Wraith parts.

Melee is kinda all over the place, but try going for a Lesion, which needs a Tipedo, which needs Kunai & a Bo.

Here's my Frost (Prime) doing an excav on Europa:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1159696500491866112

And here's the Tonkor in action:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1159700448271429632

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Just rolled babby's first somewhat decent riven for the Tombfinger with +216% damage. :unsmith: I'm glad I still swap between Tombfinger and Catchmoon depending on how I feel so I can make use of it.

Other modifiers are +status duration and -damage to infested so not great. I'm just mostly glad I've got a riven for something I use instead of another drat Tysis riven.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 9, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mailer posted:

Assuming Nekros is the one from the event and presumably came with a free tater, he'd be your most powerful frame. You'd still need to put defensive mods on him, because with a few corner case special exceptions you put defensive mods on everything, but he'd have the capacity to spare. Like this build I just half-assed isn't particularly good but doesn't require tons of endo or anything that you couldn't get for free from any goon's collection. With goon mods you could probably get something much, much better than that.

nekros is exceedingly useful because you always need resources, but i wouldn't really call him powerful. tanky, sure, but his powers other than desecrate still kind of suck. for early game, nekros is flimsy and can't kill anything with powers. he's just really not a good newbie frame.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Nekros Prime (who is useless)

Nekros I would recommend to get up and running and is someone I can practically afk with on long survivals and defenses with his army keeping him protected, he is especially helpful to you as a new player because he can double drops from kills and have you reach your item goals that much faster.

His main downside is he won't really be killing anything with only his powers, though his ghost army will scale the longer the mission goes and you will need someone to hand you Despoil to keep his loot power continuously active and Shield of Shadows if you want to just afk tank with his army.

I've basically beaten the game at this point and I bring out Nekros a lot for longer missions or when a new farmable resource is added to the game like Fortuna or Jupiter or doing the mentioned afk survivals where the army kills everything and protects me and hands me life support capsules more often.

If you like using powers a lot -and- getting more loot, look into something like Khora with her loot augment mod.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 9, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I just got Rolling Guard and I’m still loling at how good it is.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Lightning Knight posted:

I just got Rolling Guard and I’m still loling at how good it is.

legit I think it's better than adaptation, not least because of the bleed protection

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Tulip posted:

legit I think it's better than adaptation, not least because of the bleed protection

Also, radiation. Then there's the invulnerability window, which gives you time to switch into spoiler mode. That can really save the day, especially if you're experiencing a bit of lag. Adaptation is phenomenal, but offers less lag protection. Of course, some frames can fit both on, if you're feeling flimsy.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Screaming Idiot posted:

I finally got Mirage Prime and it is so loving weird to play as something with eyes in this game.

I know just what you mean.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

njsykora posted:

If you're Octavia you can use the Mandachord as a drum machine while playing the space guitar.
https://twitter.com/GameSoundDesign/status/1159565210778308608
I pray this is going into Octavia prime along with a 8 note scale and flats & sharps

The pentatonic scale was a bullshit idea from the start and they know it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Tulip posted:

It probably is, I’m using it with Mesa and Amalgam BD and it owns lol.

I’m still mad they nerfed being able to use Amalgam BD on Peacemakers. :mad:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

All three starters, Frost, Nekros Prime (who is useless), Rhino, Oberon. Weapons...too many to count? A whole bunch of melees, Seer and Gorgon and Gremlins and Strum and Boltor. No I don't have Hek yet, I don't have the Neurodes for it.

Hahaha what?! Nekros is one of the most useful frames in the game. He provides CC, can be very tanky, and his very presence is effectively a loot doubler. Don't be so quick to write off frames until you have a greater understanding of them. Nekros is insanely good.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I pray this is going into Octavia prime along with a 8 note scale and flats & sharps

The pentatonic scale was a bullshit idea from the start and they know it.

I just want Song Link (tm)

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Nearly every Nekros build does require mods that won't be available to a new player, though- Despoil is the most important and obvious one, and is basically required to make his kits work. But some form of Energy On Damage, Shield of Shadows, Health Conversion, Corrupted mods... He's definitely a frame who seems like garbage until you have the bits that make it all click that, "oh, huh, I guess death is for everyone else, now."

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
you dont need shield of shadows to make a loot finder build. in fact in some situations you dont want it at all since its overkill and makes survival awkward. just having high range and a bunch of mods that make nekros tanky is enough.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Shield of Shadows is way less useful than you'd think.

By the time it's worth the mod slot over say, Adaptation, the content level is so high you probably shouldn't be playing Nekros at all, and it slows down Defense and Survival missions by a lot, which you might notice are the best use for Nekros to begin with.

It's a distraction when poo poo goes downhill and that's the way you should keep it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
shield of shadows used to be the only game in town to make nekros tanky. now there are other options that aren't annoying as hell for you and everyone else in the mission. it's still the easiest one to get, but once you have access to the others i really don't see the point in ever pressing 4.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i love this dumb game made by a bunch of canadian stoners

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I love my Equilibrium Nekros Prime. With my spine-to-win scythe he turns enemies into exploding loot pinatas. But If I was just starting off, he would probably be just ok. He needs certain mods and weapons to really shine.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Nekros has been called "the only truly indispensable frame" in this thread but how useful he is isn't necessarily obvious to new players, especially if they're struggling to clear the map.

He basically converts a victory lap into useful stuff, but if you're not even getting to wins then yeah I can see not liking him much.

Berke Negri posted:

i love this dumb game made by a bunch of canadian stoners

:same:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Tulip posted:

Nekros has been called "the only truly indispensable frame" in this thread

what

Malah
May 18, 2015

Nekros is going in the bin the moment I finally rip a Khora BP out of NSO. At least Hydroid has tentacle management and his 1 augment to spice things up.

Nekros's only job is to press 3 and not die. He's incredibly useful for getting another pull on the loot slot machine, but drat is he boring.

Unrelated: I've finally figured out what to do with Ivara in arbitrations. I was trying to be fancy with 1/4 augs at first and getting sick headshots, but that's way more effort than necessary. Aug 1, get some range for sleep arrow, duration if you have to protect a defense goober, and then fill up with whatever you want. Throw dashwires around where the action is and fire a sleep arrow whenever enemies cluster up. I have to repeatedly remind pubs to jump on the dashwires that give 400% crit damage and put them above the reach of melee attackers, but the results are spectacular once they actually GET IT. I used an Amprex on infested defense, but I'm sure there's even more ridiculous combos. Plus - Artemis Bow is still there for when you've got the angle for sick shots. That particular match went on for 70 waves before we got bored and left - nobody died, defense goober was never in danger, and our damage wasn't even falling off yet.

Concentrated Arrow is a neat idea - jump on the wire, go in prowl, sleep something, and get sick headshots that obliterate packs! In practice: it's incredibly inconsistent, bleeds energy, and gets shut down by arby drones (which you have to drop 4 to deal with). Sitting on a dashwire with a Tonkor accomplishes the same thing and frees up half of your mod slots for a cleaner build. Your team will appreciate adjusting dashwires optimally and firing off sleep arrows (while still putting out good damage!) more than tunnelling on getting a big AOE shot every now and then.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Malah posted:

Nekros's only job is to press 3 and not die. He's incredibly useful for getting another pull on the loot slot machine, but drat is he boring.

Someone's never used his 1 to send an entire line of enemies ragdolling.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I still think that Brianwilly's main issue is garbo guns for where he's at.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I found that a Creeping Terrify build made Nekros a lot more fun to play, since it gives you a properly useful power to cast while in the thick of action. I roll around with my Akjagara Prime and Twin Krohkur turning everything into kibble, and because of Equilibrium I can hammer on 2 constantly to keep the whole population stunlocked.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

I guess for the kuva NW missions?

although I think those are (sadly) discontinued

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I just want Song Link (tm)

You mean the thing you can already do, linking mandachord tunes in chat for other people to click, listen to, and save as their own, or something else?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I don't think I've played my Nekros even once after the Strangledome augment came out. Khora is good and fun as hell.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
It really seems like Adaptation is so important for a lot of frames to function, but man I really hate playing arbitrations. I wish you could buy it with Vitus essence so at least I knew it would just be a limited number of runs.

I don’t have Condition Overload or most of the corrupted warframe mods either (I have like ten copies of Tainted Shell somehow instead), but those feel less crucial to have and I don’t mind the game modes you have to run to farm them, too.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

just reporting the facts, I didn't say it

Malah posted:

Nekros is going in the bin the moment I finally rip a Khora BP out of NSO. At least Hydroid has tentacle management and his 1 augment to spice things up.

Unrelated: I've finally figured out what to do with

Concentrated Arrow is a neat idea [but...]

khora is the least loot-power of the loot frames. You're trading loot for being a kill frame that also loots, but it's worth knowing what you're doing.

And yeah I've been playing with conc arrow ivara, and it's cool when it works, but it's tricky and I started doing much better when I gave up and just sprayed Corinth bombs wherever.

Mr. Met posted:

It really seems like Adaptation is so important for a lot of frames to function, but man I really hate playing arbitrations. I wish you could buy it with Vitus essence so at least I knew it would just be a limited number of runs.

I don’t have Condition Overload or most of the corrupted warframe mods either (I have like ten copies of Tainted Shell somehow instead), but those feel less crucial to have and I don’t mind the game modes you have to run to farm them, too.

the corrupted frame mods are by far the most important thing you've mentioned here

Adaptation is cool for pushing at high levels but not having the corrupted mods will just mean non functional builds

Tulip fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 9, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I use Nekros for ocell or toroid (where I actually use 4) farming, or that kuva survival nightwave, because he's pretty good at both generating loot while on the run. That's kind of overlooking the context of someone only having access to frames where Excal is the only one with a real offensive ability and also Nekros is the only one with a tater.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheMostFrench posted:

I know just what you mean.

what the gently caress

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

im not sure I have an exilus adapter in nekros/p let alone a forma

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Mr. Met posted:

If you're on PS4 I have some extra Corrupted mods.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

WebDO posted:

You mean the thing you can already do, linking mandachord tunes in chat for other people to click, listen to, and save as their own, or something else?

yeah lol I dont play Octavia

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
That ability where Revenant spins around like a ballerina and lasers everything around him? It is wonderful for making the Red Veil look like a bunch of silly jerks when they try to kill you. :3:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah lol I dont play Octavia

You should.
Octavia whips rear end.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ivara and Octavia are still some of the strongest frames out there, especially when it comes to any challenging content.

Ivara can't take damage but she can be invisible and sleep everything, she can protect a team, buff them out, cc, and kick out silly damage to an area or single target. She takes some skill but she's crazy good.

Octavia cheats to a beat and never stops laughing about it, be invisible all day long, all the party buffs, infinitely scaling damage. If I had to pick one frame to showcase that this game is profoundly unbalanced in our favor, it would probably be Octavia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Can Octavia play "Doctorin' the Tardis"?

Asking for a friend.