Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. I played through 90% of this game a month ago and forgot to finish it until today. I can't believe these people made Hitman

did you play hitman absolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its cool square let them be their own company again with the major caveat being "we keep the rights to kane and lynch"

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

In Training posted:

From put out a Kings Field Maker called sword of moonlight in 2000 and let anybody who owned the software sell whatever games they made with the tools, and it got fan translated + open source yada yada a decade later. It's a really cool program and you can download lots of fan modules for endless loving's Field content. Worth checking out

I’ll DL and have a look...I was gonna play that version of the first one but I read it had issues so I ended up doing the fan translation of the ps1 release

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

its cool square let them be their own company again with the major caveat being "we keep the rights to kane and lynch"

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
they need to add kane and lynch cross over content to final fantasy 14 and final fantasy brave exaliuvius

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Lol. Also no but absolution goes on sale for like 50 cents so maybe I'll buy it next time. I started Kane and Lynch 2 and it looks loving awesome, one of the most instantly unappealing games in motion I've ever played s

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
speaking of IO they're working on hitman 3

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Lol. Also no but absolution goes on sale for like 50 cents so maybe I'll buy it next time. I started Kane and Lynch 2 and it looks loving awesome, one of the most instantly unappealing games in motion I've ever played s

I honestly kinda like Absolution (or I did, it’s been years since I last played it) as long as you don’t go in expecting a Hitman game. It’s a straightforward stealth-action game with a few Hitman features like disguises, and it’s pretty solid if that’s all you’re looking for.

But I also have a soft spot for the Kane and Lynch games even though I can’t think of anything about them that I actually liked aside from the general Michael Mann-ish vibe so IOI might have just put some kind of microchip in my brain

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mycophobia posted:

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

good game. dumb story but its also kind of cool. doing flash moves and flash guards is very satisfying. ending was incredibly unsatisfying but thats prolly cuz i didnt bother with any sidequests; maybe ill do the ng+ at some point.

yeah the true ending is the actual ending but you have to do like 2/3rds of the side quests to get it

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

they need to add kane and lynch cross over content to final fantasy 14 and final fantasy brave exaliuvius

Lol

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
19. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Normal)

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
14. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. Vanquished Calasmos

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

2. Dragon Quest III

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Time Soldiers

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Shovel Knight - All Campaigns Platinumed

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
good work

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Thanks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Shovel Knight - All Campaigns Platinumed

nice. i only ever beat the first campaign's hard mode, i should replay these some time

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
20. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (All Force Gems, All Rabbits, All Stamps, Take Em All On Level 3 Clear)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

21. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (8/5)

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

10. Firewatch

Neat walking simulator. Apparently there's some stuff off the beaten path to find and a bunch of dialogue you might miss the first time around, but I don't feel compelled to replay it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Fool's Errand

a puzzle game for Mac Plus with wonderful black and white art, this game rules
http://www.fools-errand.com/02-FE/index.htm

i have tons of gamer notes

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i love the old mac game aesthetic

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

The Fool's Errand

I'm this close to beating The Fool and his Money, but I just don't care enough about solving 15 letter anagrams anymore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm this close to beating The Fool and his Money, but I just don't care enough about solving 15 letter anagrams anymore.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kirby - nightmare in dreamland

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
21. Until Dawn (Matt Dead, Mike Dead, Sam Dead, Stranger Dead, Dog Dead.)

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

elf help book posted:

The Fool's Errand

drat, congrats. I've been stuck on some of those puzzles for like a year. it is for sure a great, great game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i was on the fools errand guy's email mailing list for like a decade but he stopped sending them out or updating his site last year, i hope he's okay

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That game looks cool

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That game looks cool

It's cool as hell, you should absolutely play it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

It's cool as hell, you should absolutely play it.

Looks like the download includes an emulator, might have to check that out this weekend

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

The Fool's Errand

That game is cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Count Lucanor

neat little puzzle/exploration game

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

The Count Lucanor

neat little puzzle/exploration game

Best ending?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Of course, can't say I really beat it otherwise.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
22. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mamkute posted:

15. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

Mamkute posted:

18. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (All Secret Factors)

Mamkute posted:

22. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst

I applaud your dedication