Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Andreev Bay is also one of those ever-escalating-series-of-WHAT-THE-gently caress incidents too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Dunno if it was posted here yesterday but

https://twitter.com/IndyWorld/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Trump brought a baby that was orphaned from the shooting (parents shielded baby with their bodies) that was discharged before his photo op back to the hospital for that lovely picture

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I misread that headline as he gave a thumbsup to parents after their baby had been killed.

Edit: gently caress and the article just keeps getting worse

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah it's real obvious that none of the other survivors wanted to have anything to do with him, so he had to settle for getting a cheap photo with the only survivor who couldn't say no.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Talking about crowdsize with doctors who have been fixing people from a mass shooting...

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah it's real obvious that none of the other survivors wanted to have anything to do with him, so he had to settle for getting a cheap photo with the only survivor who couldn't say no.

And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

"Sorry baby about your loss, I'm going to give you the most valuable thing I can imagine for your time of loss" *takes bootstraps out of pocket* "Now use these, to climb into a position as successful as me despite your parents getting shot, very tragic, but you could use these straps to become Batman."

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

The guy on the left is the baby's uncle who is apparently a chud and agreed to the whole thing. Also why he's smiling.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Arven posted:

The guy on the left is the baby's uncle who is apparently a chud and agreed to the whole thing. Also why he's smiling.

TBF, they are raising that child and seem like good people with bad political opinions

-edit : I don't want to assume anything

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/w7voa/status/1159831982865620992?s=21

This fuckin guy. I’m not one to say he should go ahead with his stupid ideas but this one really has me curious and I hope he follows through more than just complaining at his nazi gatherings.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Stravag posted:

I misread that headline as he gave a thumbsup to parents after their baby had been killed.

Edit: gently caress and the article just keeps getting worse

Same, and yeah the reality is actually worse.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Sacrist65 posted:

-edit : I don't want to assume anything

I know what I'd say if my brother and sister in law were killed and somebody, anybody wanted a photo-op with his kid whom I am now responsible for

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mike Mullen has had enough.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/michael-mullen-stop-slaughter-our-children/595807/

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/markknoller/sta...ingawful.com%2F

There's also some Epstein stuff being released today so expect some :chloe:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’ve always held Mullen in pretty high regard.

Tell me why I’m an idiot for this.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

egyptian rat race posted:

I know what I'd say if my brother and sister in law were killed and somebody, anybody wanted a photo-op with his kid whom I am now responsible for

same, but grieving people are in pain and might not be able to see it that way at the time . They're essentially victims too and I just think it's lovely to judge their motivations when they're coopted like this.

Sean Smith's mother after benghazi comes to mind.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Mike Mullen can go gently caress himself.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah the Epstein stuff is as bad as you would expect it to be, it's circulating Twitter right now.

I'm trying to not really look into it too deeply except to read excerpts naming famous people, because I know that part is coming sooner or later.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

colachute posted:

:same:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That stuff is going to go "missing"

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

That stuff is going to go "missing"

It's already been uploaded i think

Dersh is a pedophile

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports...ingawful.com%2F

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Like ten years ago (gently caress, even just five years ago), this Epstein stuff would be the biggest holy poo poo political scandal since... ever?

In 2019, it’s just Friday.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

that right there is a gently caress you friday at a nuclear level

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

colachute posted:

Like ten years ago (gently caress, even just five years ago), this Epstein stuff would be the biggest holy poo poo political scandal since... ever?

It should have been when he went to trial originally but *mysteriously* all the files and stuff got locked up and no one really got punished

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I try and disconnect the various high level people from the jobs they do and the actual person they are.

Like I served under McMaster in Iraq. He was a fantastic BDE commander. Then he got his first star and hosed off elsewhere and years later ended up being the NSA and turns out that whoops, he's a horrible loving person. Shim is probably the same w/ Flynn.

Mattis is the same way. He was by all means a good general, and then he got out and did literally the same thing that almost every general does and got in on the grift. Then he became SecDef and objectively did a good job there that was considerably amplified by the fact that every other appointee in the administration is a horrible monster. Now he's back on the grift train on GD's board. I don't blame him, and seeing some people melt down over it has been incredibly amusing.

People are not saints.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

colachute posted:

He does blame "both parties" for not doing anything instead of calling out who is blocking gun reform specifically, but that seems to be par for the course.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/status/1159586743793811456

This whole Twitter thread is pretty nuts, but the short version is the police detained and eventually released a 21y/o white male outside of a migrant center who was sporting a loaded weapon, brandishing a knife and wearing nitrile gloves for some reason. Holy poo poo

E: yeah, this guy is currently free to roam, lol

https://twitter.com/LaurenWhitticom/status/1159602243169128448

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 9, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ah yes, nitrile gloves. The comfort solution for texas desert hellheat

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Mullen is good. He was against DADT and was also against the ban on transgender troops. I was mock commissioned by him (got commissioned the day earlier by then CNO Roughhead), and got his coin when he CJCS.

He's never came off very chudly, but he is also a career military officer and has hangups naturally associated with people similarly situated.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey wal-mart is taking action now after the shooting

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/business/walmart-violent-video-games/index.html

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

loving amazing

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Vasudus posted:

People are not saints.

I try very hard not to have heroes. Except for Mr Rogers.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stravag posted:

Ah yes, nitrile gloves. The comfort solution for texas desert hellheat

lol does he fuckin' think he's val kilmer or some poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

colachute posted:

Someone in GBS predicted a shooting and truth be told it probably wasn't even needed to knock it out of the public eye. This country world has no attention span

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Well it’s been a great infrastructure week, looking forward to infrastructure week starting Monday.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you can post on SA, you can Uber eats and take a bathroom break. Just don’t come back all gassy.

Probably impossible for you though.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

colachute posted:

If you can post on SA, you can Uber eats and take a bathroom break. Just don’t come back all gassy.

Probably impossible for you though.

The 2019 version of poopsocking.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I tip ubereats delivery guy well enough, will he change out my shitbucket?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't like using Uber Eats. I use Uber proper because I need to, not because I want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

egyptian rat race posted:

https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/status/1159586743793811456

This whole Twitter thread is pretty nuts, but the short version is the police detained and eventually released a 21y/o white male outside of a migrant center who was sporting a loaded weapon, brandishing a knife and wearing nitrile gloves for some reason. Holy poo poo

E: yeah, this guy is currently free to roam, lol

https://twitter.com/LaurenWhitticom/status/1159602243169128448

Seems to me like this guy deserves a lot closer scrutiny by the police and FBI.

Unfortunately (since they can't arrest him), as it reads, he didn't commit any crime. So loving creepy that he was wearing gloves, though. What the gently caress?