Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

he apparently has an actual reason for wanting his old one

quote:

Brown wants be allowed to wear the helmet he prefers, not one of the helmets that league rules mandate, league sources said. Brown believes the certified helmet that rules mandate he wears protrudes out and interferes with his vision as he tries to catch the football.

The Raiders have been sending Brown other approved helmets to wear but, at this time, he is not interested in wearing any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Y'all can eat my rear end with syrup or jelly. Your choice

jelly but i want organic. dont forget

hifi posted:

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/2018%20Policy%20on%20Performance-Enhancing%20Substances.pdf

I think that's the relevant document. they test 2 samples. zero tolerance just means that it meets the limits of detection for the analytical equipment which looks like it could be anywhere from .1 to 2 ng/l, although presumably if they popped him then it's above that threshold.

edit: not to say that as that threshold of detection goes down there's more and more of a discussion to be had about how many nanograms of weed or steroids go into your blood, urine, or hair from just walking around and inhaling the air around you.

yep, basically zero tolerance. maybe even below zero

evilweasel posted:

it's a poo poo reason and an excuse. I doubt he's even tried all the new ones and besides, those are the loving rules. Dude's just checking out and is high on the smell of his own poo poo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Antonio Brown, Oakland Raider

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Give him back this original helmet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22UQWFrZY6g&t=19s

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 9, 2019

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

that's not much of an excuse. sounds like dude is getting cold feet.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

It can be both.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
There's like a list of 40 helmets to pick from that are approved lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He should wear a kicker helmet

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

There's like a list of 40 helmets to pick from that are approved lol

There's a bunch, but it's un-surprising he wants to stick with the one he's familiar with, his broken brain be damned.

Issuing a dumb as gently caress demand about it is new.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Hard Knocks gonna be fun

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

AHahahahahahahahahahaha

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
from the off-season thread:

WHOOPS posted:

very excited to see how the Raiders trade for a disgruntled, elite wide receiver who bailed on his team at the end of the season and wears #84 pans out this time.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lmfao. holy gently caress does it feel good to not be the team dealing with this bullshit this time

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm on Team AB hi haters

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Roasted Donut posted:

lmfao. holy gently caress does it feel good to not be the team dealing with this bullshit this time

These loving busters cannot admit they were wrong, over here punching air while I get to tell them to eat my rear end. Feels good man

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL AB is a lunatic.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Raiders being the Hard Knocks team this season has me rethinking whether or not god is real :allears:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
AB still going over 1000 yards with monster feet while spending every meeting scrolling through his direct deposits would rule

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I get not wanting to change helmets, but why is no other wide receiver pitching a fit about the reduced vision if it's *that* big of a deal?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

These loving busters cannot admit they were wrong, over here punching air while I get to tell them to eat my rear end. Feels good man

quote:

They aren't selling AB for a 2nd when Amari Cooper went for a 1st. You're going to rebut that Cooper is 24, but Cooper isn't Antonio Brown

Antonio Brown will be a Steeler at least until Captain Sexual Assault retires, so stop this nonsense

Just a dead month reminder that I love Antonio Brown

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Docjowles posted:

The Raiders being the Hard Knocks team this season has me rethinking whether or not god is real :allears:

The first episode was a bore and just because interesting things are happening around the team doesn't mean Hard Knocks will get them on camera....

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
AB rules and the God drat Raiders rule

https://twitter.com/gehlkennfl/status/1159900515838259201?s=21

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You and BrownThunder are insufferable

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
AB gonna get 1600 yards this year, book it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmfao

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I did love AB, not even a question. but y'all non-stop blamed Ben, Tomlin and the organization for the last 8 months

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The first episode was a bore and just because interesting things are happening around the team doesn't mean Hard Knocks will get them on camera....

Idk I enjoyed it and as I said in the Hard Knocks thread it was just the “first day of school” episode where they introduce everyone. I fully expect the crazy to ramp up.

If Brown totally stays away from the facility that limits the upside but we should still get some insane Gruden rants about him.

The Browns one captured a ton of interesting stuff between the coaches and they had like 1/4 the amount of insanity going on as the Raiders do.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 9, 2019

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I did love AB, not even a question. but y'all non-stop blamed Ben, Tomlin and the organization for the last 8 months

Tomlin is a bad coach and AB is a lunatic. Both those things can be true.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Didn't a player just come out and say that Ben looks totally different than he did last year? Implying that he was part of the problem?

We can all agree that Bell did nothing wrong

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I get not wanting to change helmets, but why is no other wide receiver pitching a fit about the reduced vision if it's *that* big of a deal?

Back in like 2013 the NFL started adding a bunch of restrictions to which helmets were allowed and have added more to the banned list since. However, this came with grandfathering in for most, which is mostly notable because Brady was still wearing one of the banned ones up through last year and until a few years ago there was that kicker still wearing a single bar mask on his dinky helmet. This was the last year of grandfathering, so now players have to switch. Most did with some grumbling in the previous like 5 years, but since Brown is drama central, it's now a big earth shattering deal.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have never been to Pittsburgh. Is it full of drama bomb lunatics like all the players that ever played there and all the goons that post from there?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
AB is as loving nuts as Big Ben is a rapist and general rear end in a top hat

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

kiimo posted:

I have never been to Pittsburgh. Is it full of drama bomb lunatics like all the players that ever played there and all the goons that post from there?
Nah it's mostly mundane and boring like me

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

god drat Brown is a nutter

seek therapy, my dude

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And we're back to sanity. It was a funny moment, though.

I look forward to Brown dominating this year, I really do. I'm even more excited about the idea of Carr returning to MVP form but I guess it's possible he's permashook.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

kiimo posted:

It's only like 1-2 of them at this point, and they only stand out now because the crazier :patssay: posters all wandered off.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

AB is as loving nuts as Big Ben is a rapist and general rear end in a top hat

:hmmyes:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Too bad poolshark is dead rip

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

As a TFF newcomer it seems like most of the crazy posters have moved on, for better or worse. It’s still the goddam funniest sports discussion I have ever seen in my life and very smart. There’s just not anyone who stands out as a totally batshit insane homer here anymore. Maybe that will ramp back up with the regular season.

But everyone here is like a 2/10 compared to Reddit or dedicated team forums or whatever. Or the posts you all link from 5-10 years ago, such as the joke I stole that became the thread title just now lol.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did toxic sunset get a rename or is that guy gone too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

a neat cape posted:

Didn't a player just come out and say that Ben looks totally different than he did last year? Implying that he was part of the problem?

We can all agree that Bell did nothing wrong

it was a dick move telling teammates he was coming back and then never coming back but his stance besides that was admirable