Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Beachcomber posted:

What is HEA?

Happily Ever After, the Magic Kindgom fireworks/projector show.

I miss Wishes sometimes, but HEA is a great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
What's everyone's favourite restaurants? Our reservation window is coming up and although we have the quick service dining plan and will ofc be booking Be Our Guest for lunch, we want to do something a bit different on one of the days. California Grill brunch looks like it'd be pretty good.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Biergarten did t have family seating it would be that. Otherwise I love (
Hoop dee do

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
California grill brunch is the tits, especially if you love bottomless mimosas. The staff when we went was super awesome, waitress gave us to go cups full to the brim with mimosas as well. And the all you can eat sushi is just fantastic.

Also, seconding hoop dee doo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jiko is lit.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
California Grill is indeed incredible. Tiffins is also a hidden gem that I’ll stand by forever.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Teppan Edo was really really good. The sushi is especially good, to the point we went back to Tokyo Dining a few days later just for that.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Cali Grill Brunch is on my bucket list of things I still need to do at WDW, the problem is my wife and kids are super picky and would irritate the hell out of me if i brought them and spent that kind of money.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

Jiko is lit.

Jiko is not just one of the best restaurants at Disney World, its also one of the best restaurants I've ever ate at period.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

California Grill is indeed incredible. Tiffins is also a hidden gem that I’ll stand by forever.

Yes, I will also vouch for Tiffins.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Empress Brosephine posted:

If Biergarten did t have family seating it would be that. Otherwise I love (
Hoop dee do

Biergarten is pretty authentic with the seating, but they don't have enough and the beers too expensive.

Not very conducive to hanging out for a couple of hours and chatting with strangers.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

Jiko is lit.

Restaurants I would like to go back to:

Jiko
Boma brunch
Tiffins
Biergarten
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern (I like Thanksgiving)
Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie for Breakfast

Restaurants I don't feel the need to go back to:

Be Our Guest while they have the prix fixe menu. I didn't think it was worth the price and I always get stuck in the music box room.
50's Prime Time. It's a fun experience and the theming is great. I've done it though.
Character Dining.

Restaurants I haven't done but want to do:

All of the Star Wars ones
Brown Derby
Cinderella's Royal Table
Space Restaurant in Epcot
California Grill
Garden Grill
Monsieur Paul
Teppan Edo
San Angel Inn
Victoria and Alberts

Restaurants are one of the harder things to cross off the list of to-do's because there's so many of them and you can only eat so many meals a day.

Dren fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 7, 2019

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Akershus is pricey but the buffet is so drat good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'll vouch for Victoria & Albert's. It's fantastically expensive enough that you'll want to save up for it and do all the add-ons and wine pairings, but it's legitimately a world class nouvelle cuisine experience.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dren posted:

Restaurants I would like to go back to:

Jiko
Boma brunch
Tiffins
Biergarten
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern (I like Thanksgiving)
Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie for Breakfast

Restaurants I don't feel the need to go back to:

Be Our Guest while they have the prix fixe menu. I didn't think it was worth the price and I always get stuck in the music box room.
50's Prime Time. It's a fun experience and the theming is great. I've done it though.
Character Dining.

Restaurants I haven't done but want to do:

All of the Star Wars ones
Brown Derby
Cinderella's Royal Table
Space Restaurant in Epcot
California Grill
Garden Grill
Monsieur Paul
Teppan Edo
San Angel Inn
Victoria and Alberts

Restaurants are one of the harder things to cross off the list of to-do's because there's so many of them and you can only eat so many meals a day.

No Skipper Canteen?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Nanigans posted:

No Skipper Canteen?

when we went the waitress didn’t do the shtick and the food was fine but nothing special. It is my understanding that the menu was more adventurous when it opened but they dialed it back. You can get the crazy fish with the bones in it at tiffins or skipper.

If I could be guaranteed they’d do the shtick I’d go again. I like the place with the waffle sandwiches in MK

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Savis and Ogas reservations are live for Orlando

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

San Angel has a great atmosphere and ambience, but the food was just okay and the crowded-ness kind of diminished the experience.

No love for Coral Reef though? We’ve eaten dinner there twice and you can’t ask for a better view. I’m a marine biologist though so I’m pretty heavily biased.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

Savis and Ogas reservations are live for Orlando

How far out can you do bookings?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

couldcareless posted:

How far out can you do bookings?

I chose a random day early October for fun and it had listings so I'm assuming 60 days for both

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I got a 4:15 dinner for 1 at Oga's Cantina on Sept 1. I need it for 3, but I can't find any open time slots. Thankfully my traveling partners aren't invested in going there too so splitting up for dinner isn't a problem.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Braksgirl posted:

I got a 4:15 dinner for 1 at Oga's Cantina on Sept 1. I need it for 3, but I can't find any open time slots. Thankfully my traveling partners aren't invested in going there too so splitting up for dinner isn't a problem.

Got a 2:45 slot for mine.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Braksgirl posted:

It's mostly just drinks though. The DL menu only shows a single snack mix item. It's a bar not a restaurant.

I was able to get reservations for the second weekend and also for a family trip in October. Also booked the Lightsaber for October but not sure if we will be keeping that. You can cancel up to 24 hours before.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Yeah, I was confusing it with Docking Bay 7. I'll probably still keep my res and get a drink or something.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Does anyone know if these are going to function similar to ADRs where it's 60 days + the length of your stay sorta thing?

Edit:
So it seems like Oga's might be 60 days but Savi's definitely isn't. I just booked my reservation for 11/29 at 1:05pm. I'm beyond excited.

couldcareless fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 7, 2019

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Grabbed on on Sept 1 for breakfast.

I’m still up for that early morning on Sunday braksgirl. I don’t plan on getting any sleep that week LOL

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Yeah I didn’t see any food items on the menu. Drinks were good though but drat are they pricey.

We had our preview today and I really really love smuggler’s run. We did it about six times, and we had a full crew which was nice when we decided to tank a run to see what that looks like. Turns out you CAN owe Hondo money.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I guess it doesn't rain in California...

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/millenium-falcon-smugglers-run-queue-drainage-issue.957076/

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I admit I was a little worried when they said reservations dropped today, like I thought I’d registered for Smuggler’s Run and Savi’s but I never had to pick a time or anything. I just got off the phone and they said for passholder preview days you’re guaranteed the items you picked, but they will just schedule you as you arrive. I’m going to build a god drat lightsaber.

Cais posted:

We had our preview today and I really really love smuggler’s run. We did it about six times, and we had a full crew which was nice when we decided to tank a run to see what that looks like. Turns out you CAN owe Hondo money.
I really hope we get a chance for something similar and it’s not just so packed that we can only get to do our two things and then get booted.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Anya posted:

Grabbed on on Sept 1 for breakfast.

I’m still up for that early morning on Sunday braksgirl. I don’t plan on getting any sleep that week LOL

I moved resorts so I'm at Coronado now. Wanna meet up at the park? NO SLEEP AT DISNEY. You can sleep when you get home.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I just booked Oga's for 11/29 as well which was surprising. So, looks like WDW reservations for savi and Oga's is not 60 or even 90 days. I wonder if it's straight up 160 like restaurants. In any case, if you have a trip in the next 6 months and you're interested in either, I suggest grabbing your reservations asap.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Braksgirl posted:

I moved resorts so I'm at Coronado now. Wanna meet up at the park? NO SLEEP AT DISNEY. You can sleep when you get home.

Nice! And yup! My roomie is headed back Sunday, so my only plans are potentially catching dinner that evening with some Orlando friends - and maybe hitting up AK as well. Sleep is for the flights home.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Braksgirl posted:

drat straight.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Oga's just has drinks and very light snacks.
Docking Bay and Ronto have the food. Ronto's is... fine. Its a space hotdog. Its a good space hot dog, but its still just a hot dog.

Docking Bay is solid, but a far cry from Satu'li.

I didn't do Savi, because I had to fly directly from DLR to a partner visit for my job and couldn't really lug my lightsaber to their HQ. But next time!
Im annoyed Im going back before Rise opens, but whatever, I got an AP so I'll just go again in January.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I let my Oga's res go. It didn't really fit into my plans well and I'm just not that excited about it if there's no food.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

couldcareless posted:

I just booked Oga's for 11/29 as well which was surprising. So, looks like WDW reservations for savi and Oga's is not 60 or even 90 days. I wonder if it's straight up 160 like restaurants. In any case, if you have a trip in the next 6 months and you're interested in either, I suggest grabbing your reservations asap.

Oga’s says 180 on MDE. Credit card required to make the res. We got one for January. Savi too.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I made a reservation at the droid depot for late October. It seems like lightsabers are way more popular, but I just want the droid.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Do both, like me :getin:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I didn’t realize the droids need a res too. I’m going to pass on the droid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Saw a few videos for the Haunted Mansion 50th event at DLR and holy crap it looks pretty awesome. One of the acapella bands sings Oingo Boingo on the Mark Twain.

There's also a buncha real good sounding limited food in that area of the park. Not sure if they're gonna have it during the non-event times, but if it is I'll get all up in that when I'm there in about a week.