Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
yeah, Grey, you definitely missed an act on Page 41

also, while it looks like the Tsar's New Hobby act is going to pass despite not having been seconded, the one which was actually seconded was the Fleet Air Arm act.

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Comstar posted:

It won't impact this war, but I say having aerial reconnoitre aeroplanes would have prevented this disaster. Lack of warning was a clear cause.

Build a seaplane carrier. As this is a new technology, there will be no requirements.[/b]

Also, why did our destroyers and light cruisers give us more warning? Do we need more light cruisers for scouting in fleet engagements? What lessons are there to be learned?

Infidelicious posted:

Anti Kleptocracy and Creative Latitude Act

Unfortunately we have seen a number of design requirements that clearly favor certain members of this distinguished boards families, design bureaus and investment interests;

Such as the recent demands for an 18" armed battleships built in a foreign yard, or this new perfidious 'Up-gun' act that is clearly designed to line the pockets of Big 128mm.

Tying all future destroyer designs to guns that are produced in a single factory is an obvious attempt to enrich a select few individuals, and I call for all members of this prestigious body to reject this bald faced corruption and cronyism.

To fight this corruptive influence, and to bring back the spirit of innovation this act moves to make the following change to the procurement process:

New Requirements for a Vessel must be descriptive rather than prescriptive.

When calling for new construction you must state what you want the vessel to accomplish, rather than what you, the lawmaker have decided is a laundry list of requirements for the role.

The only Requirement that can be directly stated is overall cost of production run.

EX: Illegal act: This act calls for the Construction of a flight of three 8000 Ton Protected cruisers with 5 inches of belt armor, and nine 155mm cannon.

EX: legal act: This act calls for the Construction of flight of at least two cruisers, designed to engage other ships of similar size and fast enough run down smaller vessels, ideally this vessel is immune to guns to it's own caliber to at least 10KY, and the overall production cost for this flight cannot exceed 80m.

This will allow us to potentially choose between radically different design candidates, rather than 4 slightly different options with most of the same attributes.

[META]Arguing about the difference between 9 guns and 8 guns and slightly different armor schemes isn't very interesting, and the level of effort across the board WRT writing up and lobbying for any particular design has gone way down and the participation overall is suffering for it. At least personally, I didn't feel particularly invested in my last design, because it was effectively doing someone's algebra equation rather than anything creative

King Hong Kong posted:

Portsmouth Peace Conference Act
In view of the navy's disastrous performance, we should seek to negotiate favorable terms with Germany to bring a conclusion to the war when possible.

Mister Bates posted:

The Fleet Air Arm Act
In order to expedite the process of equipping our fledgling air wings with the best and most modern technology, BuOrd shall have the authority to unilaterally request proposals for new aircraft models from domestic aircraft production firms, no more than once per year per aircraft role. BuOrd shall have the authority to prioritize which qualities shall be preferred when selecting from available prototypes, out of the following: Speed, Maneuverability, Range, Bomb Load, Firepower, Toughness, Reliability. They shall also be permitted to establish a naming scheme for aircraft models and name them as they see fit.

The exact composition of air squadrons stationed at land bases or aboard future aircraft-carrying warships shall be determined by the Fleet Admiral except where overridden by a piece of legislation.

Please re-vote

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Uh, using the new format of bills listed by the fleet admiral:
AYE
AYE
NAY
AYE

I think

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Aye aye nay aye

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Aye
Aye
Aye
Nay

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Aye
Aye
Aye
Aye

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Aye Nay Aye Aye

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

AYE
AYE
NAY
AYE

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Nay
Aye
Aye
Nay

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Build a seaplane carrier- AYE!

Anti Kleptocracy and Creative Latitude Act - AYE

Portsmouth Peace Conference Act - NAY!

The Fleet Air Arm Act - AYE!

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

habeasdorkus posted:

This guy knows what's up

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Aye, aye, aye, aye

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Shame on all of you voting for surrender. Victory or death !

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Gay Hitler posted:

On the one hand, I can get behind this

On the other, Gay Hitler said it

But about Germany...

hmmmmmmm

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Gay Hitler posted:

No surprise that Gay Hitler wants to completely destroy Russia.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013

Zikan posted:

Nay
Aye
Aye
Nay

this

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Build a seaplane carrier- AYE

Anti Kleptocracy and Creative Latitude Act - NAY

Portsmouth Peace Conference Act - NAY

The Fleet Air Arm Act - AYE

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Aye
Aye
Aye
Aye

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Aye
Aye
Aye
Aye

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Aye
Aye
Nay
Aye

Lets get the rest of our fleet sunk so we've got a clean slate.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Aye, Aye, Nay, Aye

Imperial Officer
Oct 21, 2010

Anti Kleptocracy and Creative Latitude Act - AYE!

Portsmouth Peace Conference Act - AYE!

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Aye
Aye
Nay
Aye

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Build a seaplane carrier- Aye
Anti Kleptocracy and Creative Latitude Act - Aye
Portsmouth Peace Conference Act - Aye
Fleet Air Arm Act - Aye

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Portsmouth Peace Conference Act - YAY

The Fleet Air Arm Act - NAY!

Feel that prioritizing planes when we haven't actually done any research yet is premature, as well as prioritizing - let's see what chaos we can come up with later.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Aye
Aye
Aye
Aye

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Aye
Nay, it's unnecessary. The whole 18' thing was to steal the tech from the Brits, so that much was, you know, required. Just vote on what you want, encourage more loose things in thread. No hard limits.
Nay, gently caress you coward!!!
Aye

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

All acts pass! here is the save!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kmi0pa65zkcvgha/AAADcAoppsNhSI-9n4IUId6Ya?dl=0

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
It's been a while, but here's a new ship submission: The Proyekt 50514 seaplane tender. It's basically just an old light cruiser design with the forward and aft turrets removed to make space for five seaplanes, a crane and a hangar. While you could do this with a much smaller vessel, it wouldn't be able to defend itself if engaged, and in the narrow confines of the Baltic sea engagements at close range are often unavoidable(as we've recently experienced).

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Aye
Nay, it's unnecessary. The whole 18' thing was to steal the tech from the Brits, so that much was, you know, required. Just vote on what you want, encourage more loose things in thread. No hard limits.
Nay, gently caress you coward!!!
Aye

I mean, I guess I could;ve just said 2 ships with 18" rifles from ol Blighty, rather than 6 or 8 or whatever I said.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mister Bates posted:

The Fleet Air Arm Act

In order to expedite the process of equipping our fledgling air wings with the best and most modern technology, BuOrd shall have the authority to unilaterally request proposals for new aircraft models from domestic aircraft production firms, no more than once per year per aircraft role. BuOrd shall have the authority to prioritize which qualities shall be preferred when selecting from available prototypes, out of the following: Speed, Maneuverability, Range, Bomb Load, Firepower, Toughness, Reliability. They shall also be permitted to establish a naming scheme for aircraft models and name them as they see fit.

The exact composition of air squadrons stationed at land bases or aboard future aircraft-carrying warships shall be determined by the Fleet Admiral except where overridden by a piece of legislation.

In accordance with the Fleet Air Arm Act, I guess I will need info from Grey about how to request proposals for new aircraft models. Do you just need a prioritization list or are there levels to be set? What are the aircraft roles?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The basic version is That you select the type of aircraft (at the moment we have floatplane scouts and flying boats for sure. Possibly Fighters too.)
Then you select two stats to favour.
Speed, Range, Firepower, Toughness, Manueverability, Bomb Load, Reliability.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Veloxyll posted:

The basic version is That you select the type of aircraft (at the moment we have floatplane scouts and flying boats for sure. Possibly Fighters too.)

can't wait for fighters that emphasize bomb load and reliability.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
After you've done that, the in-game part (without getting into the underlying mechanics too deep) is that the game will generate three prototypes with slightly different stats, with bonuses towards the stats you chose to favor. You then choose one to continue development on, and that one will enter service and start being mass produced, while the other two will be discarded.

Right now our aircraft are basically scouts with minimal combat ability and pretty much anything we could develop will be equally bad, but as technology develops and the stat numbers get higher, different aircraft models emphasizing different stats can actually vary quite a lot in capability and behavior. Even early in the air game, it's possible to gain an edge in a specific field by emphasizing it.

It takes a while for new aircraft to be rolled out to the squadrons in the field, so late-game especially it'll be normal for us to have several models of fighter or dive-bomber or whatever in service at once.

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 10, 2019

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

habeasdorkus posted:

can't wait for fighters that emphasize bomb load and reliability.

Hey, don't knock fighter-bombers, they're a real thing and were pretty successful, though I'm not sure if they're modeled in-game or not. Also we can barely make flight-capable aircraft at the moment, let alone multi-role ones.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
You can make fighter-bombers by developing fighters with bomb load, and the resulting plane can be used in both air-to-air combat and naval/ground bombing roles, although it's definitely not a viable option in 1915.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

Thank you, this is perfect.

I'll give Grey a chance to respond in case he has a particular format or wants to limit anything before I try to submit BuOrd's first aircraft requisition priority form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also you don't have to specify any stats to favour if you don't want to, you can just see what the companies give you.