Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

mehall posted:

https://twitter.com/posh_spacealien/status/1159211151529582595?s=19

Ended up in my feed, not sure how reliable this person is but seems fairly confident of a statement to follow.

I'm going to assume this is true, and that the BBC has been forced to come crawling back to Terrance Dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

mehall posted:

Ended up in my feed, not sure how reliable this person is but seems fairly confident of a statement to follow.

It's a rumor that was posted in the spoiler thread, but it has zero evidence backing it up so far.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
https://twitter.com/RadioTimes/status/1159456730029404165

And thus the fandom perked up for basically nothing.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

FreezingInferno posted:

https://twitter.com/RadioTimes/status/1159456730029404165

And thus the fandom perked up for basically nothing.

Still no official statement

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

mehall posted:

RadioTimes put out a news piece saying this ain't true. Oy vey, my heart can't take it!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hey guys I heard Chris Chibnall quit Doctor Who and Ian Levine is taking over as showrunner and it's getting written into the terms of Brexit that girls aren't allowed to watch Doctor Who any more.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

thrawn527 posted:

It's a rumor that was posted in the spoiler thread, but it has zero evidence backing it up so far.

This is just like all the times Rian Johnson or Kathleen Kennedy were “rumored” to have been unceremoniously fired.

Curious how these rumors only ever seem to get started about creators that chud-adjacent nerds can’t stand for whatever reason :thunk:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DWPoop/status/1159477912577499138

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The TARDIS needs a cat again.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

I heard Chibnall went into a restaurant, and ate everything in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
There hasn't been any statements that refute that Bradley Walsh exploded in a big fiery ball that was visible from space. So that's probably a true thing that happened, too.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

The_Doctor posted:

The TARDIS needs a cat again.

Hard agree

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cleretic posted:

There hasn't been any statements that refute that Bradley Walsh exploded in a big fiery ball that was visible from space. So that's probably a true thing that happened, too.

What are the BBC hiding!?! :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

:hfive:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lol at six's cat scratch :allears:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

That's Lisa Bowerman in the cheetah suit. Benny!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Has anyone played the Doctor Who RPG from Cubicle 7? Is it any good?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

My regeneration's going pretty good, though I have yet to explode into a ball of fire that's capable of destroying my time machine as well as a whole Dalek fleet yet inexplicably leaves my clothing intact, so I'm feeling a little ripped off.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

LividLiquid posted:

My regeneration's going pretty good, though I have yet to explode into a ball of fire that's capable of destroying my time machine as well as a whole Dalek fleet yet inexplicably leaves my clothing intact, so I'm feeling a little ripped off.

Yeah the fireworks don't really start until your ninth or tenth regeneration so check back in a couple centuries

(you look great btw!)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

LividLiquid posted:

Impeccable taste in eyewear, I may add

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LividLiquid posted:

Eh you never even know if your clothes will still fit, so it's a blessing in disguise

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I look forward to whoever’s next just Hulking out through 13’s tiny clothes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Vinylshadow posted:

Impeccable taste in eyewear, I may add
I wear knockoff wayfarers. Knockoff wayfarers are cool.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

LividLiquid posted:

Congrats, looks like everything's going well!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Nah, the lack of fireworks just means you were totally at peace and contented with your decision to change (and not a moment too soon) :)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Nah, the lack of fireworks just means you were totally at peace and contented with your decision to change (and not a moment too soon) :)
:3:

Now I need a bitchin' coat.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

LividLiquid posted:

:3:

Now I need a bitchin' coat.

Paging Doctor What to the thread

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
my coat actually doesn't fit me anymore, i got too broad-shouldered.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

my coat actually doesn't fit me anymore, i got too broad-shouldered.

This calls for a round of carrot juice!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

that wasn't a euphamism for weight gain i just got comparatively yoked from carrying heavy loads of foam swords every day for work

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorWhat I demand you get a 3rd Doctor outfit for your new shoulders :colbert:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Well thanks to that exchange, I've decided when I have money that isn't earmarked for transition stuff I'm gonna' cosplay 13.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i dress like capaldi now when it's seasonable.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I've been interested in getting a Thirteen cosplay together, but it strikes me as an outfit that you need just a bit more figure than I have to pull off. Otherwise I'd sorta get lost in the coat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Put together a 13 in 12's outfit, because as much as I like her current outfit she rocked that look.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The only Who cosplay I’ve ever done was 7 a few years back, but I’d absolutely attempt a 12 costume if it wasn’t 95° here pretty much year-round. My sister had a great 11 cosplay at one point too.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
If I ever attempt Who cosplay it'll be as 7 because the hat deals neatly with the male pattern baldness I've had going on for the last ten years and I'm about the right height for it. Although blargh to that question mark pullover.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's why you gotta thank heaven for the TV movie makeover :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I've had a vintage RAF greatcoat for about a decade now, partly inspired by Harkness, partly just because I was in a "long coats are cool" phase but wasn't goth enough to go for leather.

So yeah, I have once or twice went for the full Harkness look as a costume.

Mostly though it's just invaluable in winter, best 30 quid I ever spent.