Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

Hmm, this is the map in the original Privateer, a game that was delivered on 8 floppy disks more than 25 years ago.

source: https://horizongamesblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/wing-commander-privateer-quadrant-map/

And, uhm, SQ42 is going to be *cough* *cough* way more *intense hand waving ensues*, well not expansive but certainly more *sweats profusely*... cinematic.

Amusingly, Frontier: Elite II had 513,982,470 unique star systems contained on 1 single floppy disk and came out 26 years ago. ;)

Mu77ley fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I am sure SC will fit all of that in one moon crater

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

monkeytek posted:

I don't give a drat about EGS, what makes me laugh is his near pathological fear of China stealing his info. I mean literally every device that connects to the internet he has probably purchased over the last 10 years has been manufactured or has subcomponents manufactured in China. Even the bulk of the processed foodstuffs he consumes is made in China. You don't see him freaking out over that. It is just such a strange hill for him to die on.

While I'm not in Austria, I don't think I have ever seen much in the way of Chinese food in grocery stores outside of maybe rice, tea and noodles, so I don't think that's necessarily the case for him, either.
Edit: oh, and some enormous apples that show up every now and again

Bofast fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Aug 10, 2019

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

I've made a new game world. You are only allowed to press one button per hour. Every button press sends you into an unskippable sixty minute cut scene.

Never has a game world felt so vast, so immersive.

Is this a copy and paste from that Peter Molydeux parody Twitter account? :D
(just an example of what that account posts sometimes)
https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/997826454267269121

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
The discussions on Reddit about the roadmaps are quite interesting. There are so few that still remain positive about either SC or S42.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Fakedit: Gah beaten

Sarsapariller posted:

I've made a new game world. You are only allowed to press one button per hour. Every button press sends you into an unskippable sixty minute cut scene.

Never has a game world felt so vast, so immersive.

The black polo neck was always a sign...

https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/93472481398095872
https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/103862698206433280
https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/10893700414
https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/83647685265068032
https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/64770574798430209

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

'what the gently caress is this poo poo anymore' -bootcha, several years ago

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hey some of the Peter Moledeux twitter game ideas are legit, especially those that have been made into games.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Tactical ballistic space apron for when you need to make crepes under enemy fire.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Would you like fries with that

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Just think of how much mocap they can do for the space chefs! Can't use a generic animation, gotta have a unique one for every recipe or it won't have the fidelity citizens deserve.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

Just think of how much mocap they can do for the space chefs! Can't use a generic animation, gotta have a unique one for every recipe or it won't have the fidelity citizens deserve.

You joke but this is exactly what they did with the bartender, didn't they?

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

I want mocap off someone putting this on. The leg strap goes over the skirt part of the top and joins to the belt, but the other leg is below the skirt...

Edit: it's just a leg cutoff. drat you future fashion for being so boring and yet not even practical

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
The right leg in the back shot looks weird. Like it isn't connected to the foot at all.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I want to have some of whatever he is smoking!

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 10, 2019

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CIG have spent more time on bartenders than space flight, for their space flight game.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tooterfish posted:

CIG have spent more time on bartenders than space flight, for their space flight game.

drat. Now i want to get drunk.

Hey! Look! A bartender!

That's convenient.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Masturbation it is then!

Don't worry player 1, take your time!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

It looks like he is....

sikhing employment.

Ba dum tish! Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all night!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kikas posted:

Oh I can EMPHASISE stuff by wiritng in caps as well and it makes me as right as you are.
But he has a point, there needs to be distance between stuff to make a gameworld seem big. Let's look at No Mans Sky as an example - when you jump to a new system, you will be near a space station and within some distance of planets. And the game is nice enough to point out how much time it will take you to travel to your target within the game. I've never seen a planet more distant from a space station then 2 minutes of boosting. And even that you can't really alt-tab - sometimes you will get a hyperspace scan that will pull you out of boosting and force you into either combat or bargaining with a rogue pirate ship. And the game still feels massive.

I've always assumed people who capitalize words like that are unstable in the head.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Of course the one wearing a turban has the creepy grin and "I am evil" posture.

GIS "evil vizier" if you don't beleive me

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Is that a tactical space apron?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

And their mocap was better and less expensive :eng101:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

INB4 MiriBot posts that Dutch racist complaining about SJW's invading SC by adding "Muslim" characters...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dementropy posted:

And their mocap was better and less expensive :eng101:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

"Let's see the publishers put out a game this good!"
Publishers put out multiple better games easily
"Ah, well. Anyways..."

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Bofast posted:

While I'm not in Austria, I don't think I have ever seen much in the way of Chinese food in grocery stores outside of maybe rice, tea and noodles, so I don't think that's necessarily the case for him, either.
Edit: oh, and some enormous apples that show up every now and again

He lives in Australia, China is one of the largest processed food producers in the world. Just go to Hawaii, it is amazing how many of the processed foods and packetized snacks are made in China. Mcdonalds gets a very large percentage of its processed foods, like meat patties, from China.

https://www.americanmanufacturing.org/blog/entry/the-u.s.-imports-a-lot-of-food-from-china-and-you-might-be-surprised-whats

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

monkeytek posted:

I don't give a drat about EGS, what makes me laugh is his near pathological fear of China stealing his info. I mean literally every device that connects to the internet he has probably purchased over the last 10 years has been manufactured or has subcomponents manufactured in China. Even the bulk of the processed foodstuffs he consumes is made in China. You don't see him freaking out over that. It is just such a strange hill for him to die on.

He's not actually scared of China stealing his data, he's just starting with a conclusion (Epic bad) and then looking for things to support it. If this was some other game launcher he probably would have never even noticed.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
I see ObsidianAunt is playing Rebel Galaxy. He's playing an asteroids minigame inside the real game. Isn't this something the SC loyalists have been dreaming of for years? I'm sure once SSSSSSSSSoCS gets put in all of this will finally be added.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

Viscous Soda posted:

He's not actually scared of China stealing his data, he's just starting with a conclusion (Epic bad) and then looking for things to support it. If this was some other game launcher he probably would have never even noticed.

I agree, but he is a paranoid individual to say the least.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Prime AV material right here

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like how the security dude is a straight copy from cyber pink 2077

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Is reddit poster DiligentNipple attempting to reach the top 5 of idiots in spectacular fashion?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Maybe if they were working on SSOCS it'd be in the loving roadmap

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Star Citizen: Server Side SUCS

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

What is time anyway?

Can't believe nobody pulled the trigger on the Zybourne Clock joke I set up. SMDH The forums are deader and gayer than commonly assumed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I like the argument above that Dual Universe started off as a tech project, and then turned into a game in development. Isn't that, uh, kinda how it's supposed to happen?