Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

drat

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 10, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think that I need to start following a religion, for the sole purpose of being able to believe that Epstein is burning in hell for all eternity.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

drat :catstare:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/WGladstone/status/1160201773031858176

from cspam

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I feel bad for laughing at this.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Chichevache posted:

I feel bad for laughing at this.

i mean he's not going to mind

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That’s not real, right?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

That’s not real, right?

no it's not real

welcome to 2019 where you really have to wonder sometimes

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

:drat:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
In other hell fucker 2019 news (but sort of good), the FBI caught a guy planning to do a mass murder down on Fremont Street and a synagogue in Las Vegas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/us/las-vegas-synagogue-conor-climo.html

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

In other hell fucker 2019 news (but sort of good), the FBI caught a guy planning to do a mass murder down on Fremont Street and a synagogue in Las Vegas.

Good news everyone!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I'm having a loving anxiety attack over this poo poo.

I live in Vegas. I am going to an event tonight. gently caress these loving people.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Wasabi the J posted:

I can't stop your panic attack, but go have fun. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti...ingawful.com%2F

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wasabi the J posted:

I live in Vegas. I am going to an event tonight. gently caress these loving people.

I live here too, dude. I wanted to go to Psycho Las Vegas to see Bad Religion and a few others but I'm too paranoid about this poo poo now to go anywhere near it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

They're already gearing up for civil cases.

Wonder how this is gonna shake out now that civil forfeiture has been made illegal. This is different because it was a criminal case and charges were made officially, right?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Civil forfeiture is when the government takes your poo poo for criminal behavior. You can still get sued in civil court and people can recover damages and punative judgements.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Wait so the federal case is really done?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Smiling Jack posted:

Civil forfeiture is when the government takes your poo poo for criminal behavior. You can still get sued in civil court and people can recover damages and punative judgements.

But how is that done when the accused dies?? Serious question.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

But how is that done when the accused dies?? Serious question.

You sue his estate I assume.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Look on the bright side: even if he hadn't killed himself, and had sang like a canary, he and all the other rich bastards implicated in this would have been sent to some rich prison resort for a decade at most, getting out early for good behavior of course.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well unless the classic " he fell down some stairs in our police cruiser and broke his neck both arms and his nuts was squashed what a tragic accident" happened. Cmon cops this is your time to shine

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Look on the bright side: even if he hadn't killed himself, and had sang like a canary, he and all the other rich bastards implicated in this would have been sent to some rich prison resort for a decade at most, getting out early for good behavior of course.

I don't think so, raping a kid is just about the one thing a rich bastard can't get away with. Mostly. Hence the "suicide".

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Your would think.... that a suicide watch would be under video surveillance to avoid lawsuits but lol 2019 killary did it 24/7

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

I don't think so, raping a kid is just about the one thing a rich bastard can't get away with. Mostly. Hence the "suicide".

I have zero faith that our society would bring down that many rich and powerful people in any meaningful way. Doing so would practically be a small-scale revolution.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"Civil Forfeiture" as a buzzword term lately is more like they find you with a shitload of cash, then they take the cash and let you go. They then file a case against the cash, then you have to prove that you were innocently carrying said cash and not using it to run drugs or whatever. You don't get charged with a crime, but the cops take your poo poo (and usually keep it, or make you spend a ton to get it back). That's the general practice that is being curtailed, hopefully, as the cops were basically using it to fund their departments.

The Epstein poo poo was going to be unaffected, typical asset forfeiture, where they didn't take his poo poo immediately, but would take his poo poo post-conviction, like in the Manafort case. They didn't take Manafort's poo poo to begin with, but Manafort lost it as part of the whole ill-gotten gains thing.

So yeah, now everyone's going to be suing the estate and getting a piece of his fortune (and nobody really knows where said fortune came from!). My big question is about the evidence and stuff that the Feds collected that *could* implicate others - does that become fair game without any 4th amendment search/seizure concerns?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I live here too, dude. I wanted to go to Psycho Las Vegas to see Bad Religion and a few others but I'm too paranoid about this poo poo now to go anywhere near it.

I was supposed to meet work folks on Fremont last night but fell asleep on the couch at like 10 instead.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LingcodKilla posted:

Your would think.... that a suicide watch would be under video surveillance to avoid lawsuits but lol 2019 killary did it 24/7

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1160260175409758208?s=19

It's likely going to be just indifference by prison guards/administrators.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Epstein was an asset and the trial was a national security risk...allegedly.

Can't wait to listen to the next ten episodes of True Anon, lean back and have my head ring and stomach turn with the sheer inhuman callous impunity of the ruling class.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://imgur.com/zKBqVlb.mp4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

matt groening is on epstein's list

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So, if there was one thing you guys wouldnt tie to a back to school sale in light of the last week or so what would it be? Cuz mine is guns. Judging by the back to school special emaild im getting im not in the gun owning majority on that one.

Edit: i think a back to school gunsale is bad enough messaging normally but i DEFINATELY wouldnt have a back school gunsale after el pado and columbus jfc

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Does your child have the new 2020 Glock Lil' Defender? If not, you're a bad parent.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

EBB posted:

So's Marvin Minsky, which is making me feel loving weird, because I've spent about a third of my career doing the same kind pattern recognition research as him. Being as I've never wanted to gently caress a kid, that technically and morally makes me the better scientist.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EBB posted:

Boy is he

https://twitter.com/DonBeeggles/status/1159876394463182853?s=19

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 10, 2019

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

If this leads to the cancellation of the Simpsons maybe it will all have been worth it after all

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
We have a loving Futurama quote in our wedding bands.

GODDAMN IT.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

aphid_licker posted:

If this leads to the cancellation of the Simpsons maybe it will all have been worth it after all

Yeah the Simpsons is truly the greatest show that just wouldn't die. There is no denying the cultural influences it had on an entire generation but I don't know anyone who has watched an episode in the last 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Wasabi the J posted:

We have a loving Futurama quote in our wedding bands.

GODDAMN IT.

Mods?!