Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Rated PG-34 posted:

are we certain that it was an adult that whacked him off. maybe the Clintons sent in a child assassin after the previous failed attempt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The clear consensus is that this all looks shady and people believe that there was some sort of foul play, but "a dude died" isnt proof of anything, and repressing skepticism of something that has literally zero evidence is intellectually irresponsible. For all we know they accidentally fed him peanuts despite an allergy and this is all the worst coverup ever.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

crack ping

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://twitter.com/KevnomanceR/status/1160217000284688385

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

The clear consensus is that this all looks shady and people believe that there was some sort of foul play, but "a dude died" isnt proof of anything, and repressing skepticism of something that has literally zero evidence is intellectually irresponsible. For all we know they accidentally fed him peanuts despite an allergy and this is all the worst coverup ever.

is this a getfiscal tweet?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
exclusive footage of epstein's assassin

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

babypolis posted:

pacifism held me back before but now ive seen the light. every single rich person needs to die

it took a wealthy pedophile's death as a cover up with zero consequences to stir you to action, and not the deaths of the exploited and abused? :wow:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
the epstein brain is getting almost too much to bear. im going to take all my edibles at once, wash them down with five cans of monster, drive out to the nearest mountain and scream into a hollowed out log until my heart stops

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lol
https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey/status/1160199691373621250

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

usin sword mode to slice and dice epstein's cryo egg shaped penis into perfect cubes before it shatters to the floor

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

My poli sci professor (who really hated russia) in our Eastern European politics class said that in russia powerful, wealthy people essentially fund the campaigns of politicians so that they can rule the country behind a veneer of democracy, she called it corruption.

I asked what about when we do that here in America? and she said it's totally different and it's legal here. lol

I'll always remember that moment opening my mind about america's "North Korea level" brainwashing

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well thats just bad luck

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

it took a wealthy pedophile's death as a cover up with zero consequences to stir you to action, and not the deaths of the exploited and abused? :wow:

its the lack of catharsis, the knowledge that not even the slightest shred of justice can ever be achieved in our system, that there is no way foward that doesnt involve executing every single one of these sickos

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

:D

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy's a far-right nutbar. I wouldn't be surprised, but I would prefer to hear it from an actual journalist first.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

babypolis posted:

its the lack of catharsis, the knowledge that not even the slightest shred of justice can ever be achieved in our system, that there is no way foward that doesnt involve executing every single one of these sickos

that happens every day friend, welcome to the light :angel:

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

don’t post this guy thx

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

wapo reporter says epstein was feeling fine
https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1160205614783635458

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Christoph posted:

is this a getfiscal tweet?

USPOL lol

quote:

I came here to commiserate with other level-headed people about how the conspiracy theorists are out in full-force today, but I'm staying to gawk at the dumbasses who actually think Jeffrey Epstein is the victim of a conspiracy.

quote:

Once you're working off the assumption that there's a child sex conspiracy, you should probably back up and figure out where you made a mistake

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zhulik posted:

the epstein brain is getting almost too much to bear. im going to take all my edibles at once, wash them down with five cans of monster, drive out to the nearest mountain and scream into a hollowed out log until my heart stops

hey, if you're lucky, you may find a hole that was, in fact, made especially for you

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Rated PG-34 posted:

are we certain that it was an adult that whacked him off. maybe the Clintons sent in a child assassin after the previous failed attempt

just reminded me of by far the weirdest unexplained bit from the released documents. what the gently caress could this be about?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

:911:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Darth Walrus posted:

Guy's a far-right nutbar. I wouldn't be surprised, but I would prefer to hear it from an actual journalist first.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1160195411807748104

Blood runs down the blood hole
Here's the burden, here's the proof
It's disappearing

A giant stirs the whirlpool as it closes on the truth
Insignificant, insignificance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kz90h1c7TM

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ahahahahaha

dream9!bed!!
Jan 9, 2019

by VideoGames
Lol that people believe Seth Rich wasn't murdered when this poo poo happens

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

v glad they went with the Cicierega track on this

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

that last quote :psyduck:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

D&D is a troll board but stuffy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

dream9!bed!! posted:

Lol that people believe Seth Rich wasn't murdered when this poo poo happens

https://twitter.com/KenzoShibata/status/1160239670455754752

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/10/jeffrey-epsteins-apparent-suicide-is-unfathomable/

quote:

For anyone familiar with Bureau of Prisons standard operating procedures, Jeffrey Epstein’s apparent suicide is more than mysterious; it is unfathomable.

The 66-year-old accused sex trafficker was found dead in his prison cell at the Metropolitan Correction Center (MCC) Saturday morning, apparently after having hanged himself.

The Bureau of Prisons, the federal agency that runs the MCC, has said the FBI will investigate.

It had better.

Epstein’s death almost certainly means that astounding blunders occurred, perhaps by multiple personnel at the Bureau of Prisons (BOP).

If any prisoner in the federal system should have been a candidate for suspicion of suicide, it was the high-profile and disgraced Epstein. All administrative and structural measures should have been in place to ensure it could not happen. And yet it apparently did.

First, consider the MCC itself. It is a high-rise, forbidding administrative detention facility in the south of Manhattan. Its population consists almost entirely of prisoners, like Epstein, awaiting trial in federal court in Manhattan. It has been referred to as the “Guantanamo of New York” for its stringent security measures. It is the facility of choice for notorious federal defendants, often in special administrative segregation units, having previously housed John Gotti, Bernard Madoff, Omar Abdel Rahman and, recently, Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán.

In other words, it is the very place to put a high-profile and potentially suicidal defendant such as Epstein.

Second, consider the BOP’s suicide prevention protocol. Epstein was found last month unconscious in his MCC cell with marks on his neck. If he was not on suicide watch, it would be astonishing. Yet if he were on suicide watch, his death would be virtually inconceivable.

The BOP’s suicide prevention protocol entails, first and foremost, human eyes on the prisoner 24 hours a day. It also requires a strict deprivation of anything — shoelaces, sheets, pillowcases — that could possibly be used to hang oneself. It also requires disabling anything that could be used to tie a noose — vents, sprinkler heads, etc.

Finally, we are not talking about inexperienced yokels. BOP personnel, especially at MCC, are the best professionals in the corrections industry, and they receive special training in administrating suicide prevention. Who better to guard against such a horrific development?

At this point, questions abound, and BOP has to address them promptly.

The first: Was Epstein on suicide watch, and if not, why not? Among the reports cascading out in the few hours since Epstein’s body was found are anonymous statements that Epstein had been on suicide watch but was taken off it. If so, the decision to remove him appears to have been a colossal error that must be thoroughly probed.

The second: How exactly did Epstein manage to kill himself, and why exactly was it that he had access to the tools?

Third, is there a video of Epstein’s cell at the crucial time? There should be, and it will reveal exactly how and when Epstein killed himself.

And none of this begins to address the royal mess it leaves in the efforts to take stock of Epstein’s crimes and their prior slap-on-the-wrist treatment, nor the shambles in which it leaves Epstein’s victims.

Almost certainly, we will know a lot more in a few days. But it seems certain that when the facts are known, this will stand as one of the biggest black eyes in the history of the Bureau of Prisons.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

COME THE gently caress ON

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Well yea he said that cause if you go around moping they keep you on suicide watch.

Nothing to see here folks

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vermain posted:

COME THE gently caress ON

Like, they're not even loving trying anymore

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Hahahaha

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

"Mistake"

"Error"

:v:

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

who in all of gently caress would be 'close' to Epstein at this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

twoday posted:

listen to the TrueAnon podcast if you haven't already, it's great

also, same

I don't know anything about it - where should I start?