Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

really the fault is on allie kat for not capitalizing and remarketing herself as stray kat

That’s exactly what she’s doing right now. A stray white claw powered kat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Past few weeks of reddit’s Hot Takes thread have been pretty boring, mostly insular drama, but finally got a good one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/cnzsfj/zero_fucks_friday_august_9th_2019/eweysha/

quote:

Guys, get it together and use your heads.
Meltzer is claiming that the last few weeks Vince threw the Smackdown script out and rewrote it himself. The first few weeks it was hours before he show. Last week he apparently rewrote the second hour, while the first hour was going on.
Here's the problem: the past few weeks have been great. WWE has been really good for months and months now, but you guys specifically liked the last few weeks - before Meltzy told you that Vince rewrote it all, of course.
So if Vince didn't like the Smackdown scripts and rewrote it all himself as Meltzy claimed, then he should fire his entire writing team and write every show himself.
For someone who isn't a TV Writer, he done an amazing job. And the fact he done it all just hours prior to the show and even during the show, while his work was still entertaining and made sense within storylines, advancing said stories means he's like one of the most creative writers in all of wrestling.
But the running narrative has been that Vince is "ruining the WWE" because he personally rewrites storylines, angles and shows. Yet when he apparently just rewrites shows at the last min without a care, they're amazing.
So, to that end, I have a theory on this massive inconsistency regarding Vince's talent:
Vince clearly didn't rewrite the shows at the last min. That's really dumb. Firstly, he wouldn't have time, secondly it wouldn't be any good if it was rushed. But apparently this 73 year old - who spends all the rest of his time running the other aspects of WWE - can magically write amazing wrestling shows in like half an hour.
So this obviously isn't the case, and I suggest a very simple answer: Meltzy's latest source is a lower-tier writer in WWE, who works on the Smackdown brand. Their material was scrapped and rewrittin by Vince.
So they get pissed off and cry to Meltzy, claiming that Vince rewrote the whole show rather than just their awful segment.
Occum's Razor. Please use your heads whenever someone like Meltzer tries to claim this outlandish bullshit. He just spouts uncorfirmable bullshit and everyone falls for it hook, line and sinker.
Smarten Up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think I've seen more stringent reasoning applied in those History Channel "Were Aliens Behind The French Revolution?" style programs, holy gently caress :stare:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I think I've seen more stringent reasoning applied in those History Channel "Were Aliens Behind The French Revolution?" style programs, holy gently caress :stare:

Were aliens behind WWE's booking?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Were aliens behind WWE's booking?

Aliens opening up Vince's brain to examine it was the inspiration for that scene in Castaway where Tom Hanks opens up a crab before cooking it.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Meltzy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Occums Razor

give me occummies

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shave "Meltzy" Seltzer, journaLIAR.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Occums Razor

give me occummies
meltzy’s scoopies

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/RYANFALCONE/status/1160550194456539136?s=19

NJPW do what now???

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/tysonarnold97/status/1160526844732592129

https://twitter.com/SonrisaDeHiromu/status/1160524557909929984

https://twitter.com/HitTheSheets141/status/1160574209086709761

lmao

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

And y'all give me the business. Holy moly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Naito in AEW would be lit though honestly, like imagine Naito and MJF.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

naito is a midcarder.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

STONE COLD 64 posted:

naito is a midcarder.

yeah and AEW needs job guys so its a match made in heaven

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

MotU posted:

yeah and AEW needs job guys so its a match made in heaven

they've got kenny already

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Naito, quit and unlock your true potential in hoodslam

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Naito should go somewhere that will treat him right with a fanbase that will respect him - Gatoh Move.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Hmmm if Naito is so good why does he keep losing to Okada

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Burn Down Canberra posted:

because he's good, not great

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I think you'll find Naito has a better record over Okada than Sanada if we don't go by winning percentage and use alphabetical order as a tiebreaker

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hmmm if Naito is so good why does he keep losing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Naito should challenge booking coward Gedo to a shootfight on streetbeefs.

Mostly just to confuse the redneck locals why a japanese guy is speaking spanish and dresses like Elvis.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Warning long paste of bullshit from facebook about chris benoit that I originally posted in the wrong thread

facebbok posted:

24 Reasons that will prove that Chris Benoit was Innocent

1) Chavo Guerrero – a close friend of Benoit- told WWE magazine that he talked to Chris for while on Friday night on his house phone. About 45 minutes into the conversation, Chris told him that there was somebody knocking at his door and he was going to see who it was. Shortly after Chris answered the door, there was a “scuffle” and then his house phone line went dead. Chris could only be reached on his cell phone about 3 hours later. This is very significant. This explains why there was no forced entry. Chris let the killer or killers in.

2) After Chavo reached Chis on his cell phone, he said that Chris sounded very odd, groggy and tired. He also said that Chris told him “I Love You Chavo” which sounded forced. The WWE also said that when Chris called in and told them that Nancy and Daniel were sick he did not sound like himself. He sounded groggy. Chris then said “I Love You” which they say was out of context because he usually didn’t say this.

3) Chris Benoit’s cell phone is missing. The police cannot find his cell phone or the needles they say Chris used to inject himself with steroids shortly before he died. The police have turned his cell phone off.
4) Chris was not hanging from the weight machine, he was laying on the floor underneath the machine. Another officer said that Benoit was “slumped” against the weight machine.

5) There was a white cloth wrapped around Chris’ neck. If he was so suicidal why would he care if his neck was bruised?

6) The medical examiner says that Chris Benoit died on Saturday. The text messages were sent on Sunday. Chris was already dead so who sent the text messages? It is noted that nobody talked to Chris on Sunday.

7) The steroids found in Chris’ house were not in his body.

😎 If Chris’ had murdered his family then why did he need to text people? Think about it. Everybody was dead. Nobody would hear him talking so why text? Calling would have been easier. (I believe the killer text Benoit’s address to get somebody to come to the house to find the bodies)

9) Chris sent Chavo a text message telling him his address. Why would he do this? Chavo already knew were Chris lived. He spent the previous weekend with him.

10) Chris’ body was badly de- composed, about the same as Nancy’s. This shows he died sooner than Sunday.

11) Why would he tie up Nancy to kill her? He was a big guy. He could have just hit her one good time and she would have been out.

12) Ray also told me that the world press is reporting the manner of the deaths wrong. He says that Daniel was shot in his head and Nancy was shot in her chest.

13) Chavo said that the Chris Benoit seemed “worried” about something but he could not get Chris to open up and tell him why he was worried.

14) There was no Bible besides Chris’ body. Why would he place a bible beside Nancy and Daniel and not place one beside his own if he knew he was about to take his own life?

15) There were 10 empty beer cans and an empty body of wine besides Chris’ body. He tested negative for alcohol.

16) The toxicology confirmed that Chris had Hydrocodone (pain killer) Xanax (anti-anxiety drug). I have used both of these. These 2 drugs combined will sedate Chris and make him very sleepy. So he could not fight back.

17) The police originally said that Daniel died on Friday because his body was badly de-composing. This supports my belief that all 3 died on Friday night. The police changed the manner of Daniel’s death 3 times. 1st he died from a garbage bag, 2nd he died from a choke hold, 3rd he was smothered by a pillow. Why would they keep changing?

18) The police kept changing the location of where Nancy’s body was found. 1st she was found in the downstairs family room. 2nd she was found in the upstairs bedroom. 3rd she was found in the house office.

19) Chris’ father said that Chris called him on father’s day and told him that he wished he could spend more time with his family but he had to work. One of Nancy’s friend says that Nancy Loved Chris and she had no plans to leave him.

20) Retired Wrestler Bam Bam Bigalow died 1-19-07. Sherry Martel died 6-15-07. The Benoit family died 6-22-07. Since this family died, 2 other wrestlers have died. (Brian Adams and Johnny Crush in July and August 07) Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Brian Pillman all died the night before they were set to win title belts. Sherry Martel’s death is even more suspicious to me. Sherry Martel had ties to Nancy Benoit’s ex-husband Kevin Sullivan. The circumstances surrounding her death have not been released.

21) Kevin Sullivan told Chris Benoit that he would kill him. Kevin is currently a high ranking member of a satanic cult. Kevin is also on the WWE Board of Directors. Kevin Sullivan also had motive to kill Daniel Benoit because he was Chris and Nancy’s offspring. Retired wrestler Dusty Roads said that “he danced with the devil” when working with Kevin Sullivan who is known as being Cold-hearted and conniving. The Benoit family was murdered on the 10-year anniversary of Nancy’s divorce from Kevin Sullivan.

22) Nancy Benoit’s death was posted on the internet, 14 hours before her body was found.

23) Weeks before he died, Chris Benoit’s colleagues said that Chris began taking alternate routes to and from work and back to his house. Chris and Nancy believed that somebody was following them. Chris’ friends dismissed his worries as paranoia.

24) The Benoit family was murdered the same week that the WWE had a story line of “Who killed Vince McMahon.”

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Would you like to poke some holes in the argument or did you just post it in the wrong thread?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Would you like to poke some holes in the argument or did you just post it in the wrong thread?

I just posted it in the wrong thread the first time. I had accidentally put it in wrestlers on social media when it belongs here because hoo boy there's a fuckton of stupid poo poo in it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

At the very least, there's some dedication to that amount of crazy. 24 reasons! who does that?

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 12, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

All of the points make sense to varying degrees

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Chris Benoit's body was already a skeleton when he was found, indicating that he had actually died 18 hours prior to what has been fed to you by the media.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thank you, Dylan, noted wrestling expert, for this insightful point.

https://twitter.com/DylanToback2/status/1160963535452725250

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I bet if you ask him politely, Orange Cassidy will stand somewhere other than the entrance to the building.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
that AEW tweet is a goldmine of brainworms takes

https://twitter.com/JTStrike2/status/1160965863119511559

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

acting like wwe doesnt do joke poo poo like goldberg clowning people in 40 seconds or shane mcmahon legit beating up other trained workers for months is precious. though I guess it's not the same since orange cassidy owns more than that poo poo

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

DLC Inc posted:

goldberg clowning people in 40 seconds

this owns tho

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah you're not wrong

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Especially when it's Dolph Ziggler and he basically gets triple murdered acting out the wrestling equivalent of the Monty Python bit with the Black Knight.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I feel strongly about the way Goldberg makes a joke of WWE wrestlers by being very old, brain-injured, out of shape and capable of squashing everyone very easily. I believe Dolph Ziggler deserves just as much as Seth Rollins deserves.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

I feel strongly about the way Goldberg makes a joke of WWE wrestlers by being very old, brain-injured, out of shape and capable of squashing everyone very easily. I believe Dolph Ziggler deserves just as much as Seth Rollins deserves.

You are good and my friend but I respectfully disagree because I don't like the way Dolph shakes his rear end without having some sort of Rick Rude gimmick, plus I will forever resent him for stopping Dean's top run dead, personally. Just IMHO.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i examine your disagreement and find it to be worthy of respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i examine your disagreement fully and determine that i agree with your disagreement, as well as my previous statement